[x]

See Where You Rank in Washington

1. course lin killing deron is what started all this
  2. Congrats on being the first person in 8 years to call the nets overrated, you have a real eye for talent. Do you know who gets significant minutes on that team? Johan petro, sundiata gaines, and Shawne Williams.

Originally Posted by Niceguy View Post

I'm not a lin hater. I'm a lin hype hater. It's not a tebow thing. He's not a limited player. He is a legit NBA player, with size, quickness, and vision. His jump shot isn't terrible. His turnovers are a function of rookie-like indecision. There is no reason the story should be as big as it is. He can ball. The majority of the dislike is due to the blind ye people are having and just just admitting why they are so shocked and surprised is because he is some ivy league asian kid. Mostly the asian thing. It's all hush hush. "Oh it's not the asian thing, it's the he went to harvard thing" But he barely got recruited out of highschool. "oh it's not the asian thing, it's the he was ONLY 6'1, 175 state champion thing". What???? You can't tell me in 8 years his game took off to such a point that he overcame such an apparent lack of talent his recruiting implied he had. He got dogged all this time cuz he was asian and no one wants to admit it like they're some color-blind pious muthafuckers. That's what I hate. Me and Lin are cool.

it's def pretty annoying how people pretend that the reason he wasn't recruited highly etc wasn't because he was asian when that clearly was the primary reason. the way simmons glossed over it in his mailbag column when someone spelled it out pretty well bothered me a lot---i thought he'd be one of the few guys not to hide from the plain and simple fact that the main reason he wasn't recruited/sought after (and the reason we're all so pumped about him) is because he's Asian
  4. yeah, simmons has been tilting as hell recently. He has some really dumb shit of late.
    Edited By: AMARTIN1181 Feb 21st, 2012 at 05:02 AM
  5. one of the reasons yes. But you think the NBA teams that cut him did so because he was Asian? You guys seem to think it would be a relatively non story if he was white or black. Again, never has this been done before. Where a player goes back and forth from the D league and cut from multiple teams to all of a sudden playing all star caliber b-ball
  6. please.

random people in the world don't give a fuck about bball enough to give a shit if some random black dude got cut from some d-league teams and that started balling the fuck out. if his name was Tyrone Smith and he was black, obv basketball junkies would be going nuts over the kid, but this thing would nowhere near the national phenomenon it is---not even 5% as big, if 1%.

linsanity is like 96% because he's Asian, 3% because he went to Harvard, and 1% because he went back and forth from the d-league. it's really annoying to hear people to make the case that it's not just because it's uncomfortable to deal with the fact
    Edited By: FenwayKing Feb 21st, 2012 at 05:09 AM
  7. Jamal Jackson
    Marcus Mack
    Jerrod Haines
    Jerome Wilkens
    Marlon Simpson
    Denard Walker

(just thinking of some standard black guy names)
    Edited By: AMARTIN1181 Feb 21st, 2012 at 05:12 AM
  8. lol. oh and that 3% harvard thing is generous...it's prob like 98% asian, 1.5% harvard, .5% this random d-league/getting cut bullshit that people are spewing is the main reason
  9. agree w every word fen

10. Hopefully Amare and Caremlo get injured again and are both out for the rest of the season. Id love to see how far this team can go without the selfish players who don't play defense and are black holes on offense.
  11. Lin is the perfect package to resonate with this many people but to say that its solely because he's asain is just a crock a shit. He's humble, charasmatic, morally grounded, religious. It all adds up to possibly the greatest underdog story the NBA has ever seen.

Amartin- All those players put up insane numbers in their first 10 starts, turned their team into contenders, are undrafted, and made basketball relevant again in a city that has not been in decades

basketball is the most predictable sport there is. Scouting reports know exactly how good players are going to be, translating from high school to college to the NBA. its amazing to see a player come out of no where and defy the odds. And not only because he's Asian.
    Edited By: hookey91 Feb 21st, 2012 at 05:43 AM
    Originally Posted by sinatra22 View Post

Hopefully Amare and Caremlo get injured again and are both out for the rest of the season. Id love to see how far this team can go without the selfish players who don't play defense and are black holes on offense.

your posts are really bad
    Originally Posted by hookey91 View Post

basketball is the most predictable sport there is. Scouting reports know exactly how good players are going to be, translating from high school to college to the NBA.

Really? What about the huge number of lottery picks who have been complete busts and amounted to nothing in the NBA? You are giving the scouts waaaay too much credit.

Originally Posted by AMARTIN1181 View Post

your posts are really bad

Yeah, well, that's just like your opinion, man.
  14. name another sport that is more predictable?

Lin can't play defense, that's abundantly clear. Quick point guards are going to give him a lashing. The knicks really missed shumpert tonight.

He cant yetttt.
    He is quick as hell, he can learn it if he applies himself. Doubt he is smart enough tho.
  16. Because if there's anything we all know, D'Antoni will teach his guards how to play lock-down D

name another sport that is more predictable?

With prospects? Football.
  18. Very predictable, 2002 McDonalds All Americans
    Edited By: Zeppelin Feb 21st, 2012 at 06:04 AM
  19. 8/25 aint bad. And thats your one year sample size you show. hate to see other years

8/25 aint bad. And thats your one year sample size you show. hate to see other years

i honestly think that the names in blue all made it to the nba but some are beyond recognition
    Edited By: Hallettcopta Feb 21st, 2012 at 06:16 AM
  21. lol zep i get what u are going for, but kinda retarded to choose a random mcdonalds all american team.
  22. baketball is the most predictable as far as scouts getting it right. you also gotta remember theres only 12 spots on a roster. Pointing out busts here and there doesnt really change much. of course there are always gonna be guys that never pan out or whatever but that doesnt make him wrong. it also doesnt make him right about it not being an asian thing. clearly thats playing a huge role in all this. nothing wrong with admitting that

shit, go look at a high school footbal top 50 list. half those fuckers are dropped out or playing at some division 2 school by their senior year cause they never saw the field
    Edited By: XXEDPXX Feb 21st, 2012 at 06:18 AM

lol zep i get what u are going for, but kinda retarded to choose a random mcdonalds all american team.

I agree. First team I saw when googling mcdonalds all american. Why it is 2002 I don't know. Why I posted it? No real reason
  24. the NBA scouts got it wrong because the vast majority of evaluation drills are 1 on 1 to 3 on 3... Lin excels in a 5 on 5 real-game atmosphere, not summer ball and drills.

until a few weeks ago, he never got a legit chance after high school because he is Asian, we all know that.
    Edited By: TheWacoKidd Feb 21st, 2012 at 06:19 AM
  25. they do shit like 1 on 1 and 3 on 3 cause the NBA puts a huge emphasis on being able to create on your own and mainly being able to get up your own shot. thats how they knew lebron was gonna be a phenom. He would go to these AAU All Star camps when he was still like a sophomore. during them they would always have these one on one tournaments. they said when he was a sophomore he was already beating the best seniors in the nation and winning these little 1 on 1 tournaments and thats when they knew then how special he was gonna be. obviously there were other things but thats the main thing they all pointed to.
    Originally Posted by FenwayKing View Post

it's def pretty annoying how people pretend that the reason he wasn't recruited highly etc wasn't because he was asian when that clearly was the primary reason. the way simmons glossed over it in his mailbag column when someone spelled it out pretty well bothered me a lot---i thought he'd be one of the few guys not to hide from the plain and simple fact that the main reason he wasn't recruited/sought after (and the reason we're all so pumped about him) is because he's Asian

it really isn't the primary reason

lin got injured his junior year, which really killed his recruiting prospects. that's the MAIN reason he wasn't recruited. harvard still offered him, so he was verbally committed to harvard for his entire senior year. maybe, if he wasn't asian, other schools would press harder to get him to change his commitment, but i think the fact that he was asian did not affect his recruitment as much as it appears on first glance

some background on it: http://www.pacifictakes.com/2012/2/1...lto-recruiting
    Originally Posted by TheWacoKidd View Post

uhh, so 1 of the best PGs in the league goes off on him from 3 and that kills the story?

Lin had 21 points 9 assists 7 rebounds and 4 steals with only 3 TOs... I'd say the story is on track still, regardless of the result of 1 game when they brought 2 players into the mix that weren't a part of that success (3 if you count J.R.)

Melo made 4 shots, had 6 TOs and was -16 for the game. if anyone is going to kill Linsanity, it will be him.

this seems spot on to me

Lin isn't a story because of his d

I haven't seen the numbers on how many more possessions the knicks get versus an "average" team bc of the style of offense they run. I would suspect that it is more and that, coupled with his adjustment to the league as a newer point would place the turnover numbers in a context that isn't troublesome to me
  28. According to Jason Terry, Lin's success is 95% due to D'antoni's "system"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu..._knicks_021912

Not really sure which system he is talking about:

1. The one where they dont play an ounce of defense?

or

2. The one where they chuck 3's and take horribly contested shots?

or

3. The one where the ball is super glued to Carmelo's hands?

Those were the systems before Jeremy arrived on the scene so I'm curious to hear which one Jason thinks benefits Lin the most.
    Edited By: Hallettcopta Feb 21st, 2012 at 05:47 PM
    Originally Posted by Hallettcopta View Post

According to Jason Terry, Lin's success is 95% due to D'antoni's "system"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu..._knicks_021912

Not really sure which system he is talking about:

1. The one where they dont play an ounce of defense?

or

2. The one where they chuck 3's and take horribly contested shots?

or

3. The one where the ball is super glued to Carmelo's hands?

Those were the systems before Jeremy arrived on the scene so I'm curious to hear which one Jason thinks benefits Lin the most.

believe he is talking about D'antoni preferring to have the point guard pick and roll in the middle of the floor with the other 3 players spread out it makes it a two man game without a lot of help options available to the defense if run correctly

also :
    http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dail...eadline-writer