[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Weren't the Knicks like 6-13 with Melo, then went to something like 8-2 (15-15) without him, and now again they are 3-9 (18-24) with Melo back again? Does anyone else see what I see?
    Add CardXFactor to Rail
  2. I got nba.tv for the computer...its great when i can rewind novaks shot 100x...its not great when i cant help myself but rewind 10seconds back to see amare doing ZERO rebounding...i do the same with melo's lack of help defense...in the bulls game, they gave up at least 20 points because of these two things alone...its fucking awful...most frustrating team to watch, for sure

question: highest level of bball i played was highschool...we had film sessions, and if you fucked up, specifically not rebounding or playin help defense, you got screamed at in these sessions...next time you're on the floor, you dont even consider not boxing out...do these nba players have film sessions?...does d'antoni even point these things out?...or does he just fast forward through every defensive possession?...in HS, there were a few kids with talent, so they wouldnt box out, wouldnt rebound, but still play...didnt care that they got yelled at..im assuming its the same thing with these nba players?..any chance d'antoni just benches them?..gimme some lin/baron davis, shumpert (undersized 2 but whatever), novak, fields, and tyson chandler...throw jeffries in there for novak or fields when he gets back, to get some size/rebound...their +/- is infinitely better anyway
    Add DipesLIVES to Rail
  3. They are who I thought they were. Everyone jumped on Lin's jock when they won 7 in a row. But it was short term variance. Lin is a rookie point guard. He might be a good one someday but he makes mistakes now that all rookies do. Amare just isnt himself. And for whatever reason since he became a pro Carmelo just doesnt have 'it" They might sneak in playoffs as an 8 or 7 but they will get swept again by Bulls/Heat. They are a mentally soft team. That Celtic game was a classic example. Celtics make shots late to win games. Knicks dont..
    Add AFink93 to Rail
  4. carmelo is a tumor to whatever team he is on. carrying on the proud tradition of latrell spreewell and iverson

the knicks probably want to get rid of him, but who is going to take him for that kind of money?
    Add NUTZREALHUGE to Rail
    Originally Posted by DipesLIVES View Post

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ording-sources

wow

Interesting read.

Add bballin04 to Rail
  6. Welp,

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Mike D'Antoni has resigned as New York Knicks coach, a source tells Y! Sports.

Sam Amick ‏ @sam_amick Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Source confirms New York coach Mike D'Antoni is out: "Didn't resign. Mutual decision."
    Add TheAlbatross to Rail
  7. Glad he didn't come to the Bulls a few years back
    Add DBo Fo Sho to Rail
  8. now comes the inevitable trend of obnoxious new yorkers talking themselves into why phil jackson will coach the knicks
    Edited By: Goldenad Mar 14th, 2012 at 07:22 PM

Add Goldenad to Rail
  9. I think phil would be interested in the job if they didn't have a bunch of heartless no defense playing hacks on their team.
    Add AMARTIN1181 to Rail
  10. Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Assistant coach Mike Woodson will take over as the Knicks interim coach, a source tells Y!

but twitter said early (i forget who) that Jerry sloan would potentially be intersted in the job
    Add TheAlbatross to Rail
  11. fuck em
    Add ericINtheX to Rail
  12. It's Mike 'antoni.

No D.

Add SyphonSoul to Rail
  13. Reports are that D'Antoni has resigned...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...antoni-resigns

Sorry for the repost. I guess that is what happens when you X threads.
    Edited By: darkhorse94 Mar 14th, 2012 at 07:47 PM
    Add darkhorse94 to Rail
  14. lol Knicks
    Add that_pope to Rail
  15. Woodson as Linterim Head Coach

Add SpankyHamm to Rail
  16. Carmelo might be the worst team player in the nba

Selfish prick wherever he has been
    Add Prestonluv to Rail
  17. Amare plays no D and refuses to put effort in on the glass. Carmelo fucks up the flow on offense. someone has to take the fall I guess... it's not like these 2 players will change their ways under some interim coach. stupid
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
    Originally Posted by Goldenad View Post

now comes the inevitable trend of obnoxious new yorkers talking themselves into why phil jackson will coach the knicks

2m Vinny Guadagnino ‏ @VINNYGUADAGNINO

Phil Jackson should come out of retirement and coach us
    Add sean614 to Rail
  19. ^^^ looooooooooolllllllll
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheWacoKidd View Post

Amare plays no D and refuses to put effort in on the glass. Carmelo fucks up the flow on offense. someone has to take the fall I guess... it's not like these 2 players will change their ways under some interim coach. stupid

Trivia

Who is 7 foot tall and plays 30+ minutes a game when healthy and only averages 3 rebounds?

Makes amare look like rodman
    Add Prestonluv to Rail
    Originally Posted by Prestonluv View Post

Carmelo might be the worst team player in the nba

Selfish prick wherever he has been

people keep saying this without giving any examples....no one who is paid to analyze basketball seems to agree wtih this either, hmmm
    Add voorh33s to Rail
    Originally Posted by voorh33s View Post

people keep saying this without giving any examples....no one who is paid to analyze basketball seems to agree wtih this either, hmmm

I don't think he is selfish, but I do think his style of play has changed what the Knicks were having success with... I mean, the guy is shooting right at 40% on the season, so bad
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  23. I don't think a lot of people realize how bad of a defender/rebounder Amare is right now. Even his "good games" are lolbad because he does nothing on the defensive end and he doesn't care at all about rebounding. It's painful to watch.
    Add whoMikeB to Rail
  24. Good thing the Knicks used their amnesty on Billups. They have Amare's terrible contract/awful knees to go along with the cancer that is Melo.

welp
    Add tmac456 to Rail
  25. after watching the chicago game the other night i take back all the nice things i said about amare. He really doesn't give a fuck about playing d. Like there were plays in that game where he'd literally just watch the guy go in for an uncontested dunk or just stand still as the guy got the rebound in front of or over him. He's likely out of shape and overweight, but that's no excuse for the lack of effort he is showing night in and night out. Carmelo is having a bad year for sure, but at least he's trying.
    Add AMARTIN1181 to Rail
  26. this isnt news. knicks have been trash ever since i was born (79). even those Ewing teams were built shitty.

Add SyphonSoul to Rail
    Originally Posted by Prestonluv View Post

Trivia

Who is 7 foot tall and plays 30+ minutes a game when healthy and only averages 3 rebounds?

Makes amare look like rodman

If the answer is brook Lopez, He had only played 5 games this season, not a fair sample size. Of course he has never been a very good rebounder, but I highly doubt he'd average only 3.6 or whatever it is over 82 games
    Add TheAlbatross to Rail
  28. Fuck the Knicks, but Phil Jackson coming out of retirement to coach them would be pretty sick.
    Add kellykip to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheWacoKidd View Post

brutal stretch of schedule + Melo the cancer = losing streak

Lin played pretty well tonight.

did I hear correctly that Melo was asking or demanding a trade? what a franchise killer

Originally Posted by kellykip View Post

Fuck the Knicks, but Phil Jackson coming out of retirement to coach them would be pretty sick.

Jackson has indicated a few times that he would like to go back to NY bc it was there that he was greatly influenced by his coach and that time played a big part in why he became a coach

you know he would love to return them to glory with a championship perfect ending for his career if he could make it happen
    Add SluggerWV to Rail