1. Whether it be a 401k, 457, etc....what % of your salary do you set aside for retirement?

    I'm currently at 10% of my paycheck, though I'm starting to feel like I should bump that up. How much do you ladies and gents throw in?
    Add ciz to Rail
  2. I have profit sharing and or bonus money directly deposited into a registered retirement account. Works out to between 10 and 15% per year of my gross salary.
    Add saxman to Rail
  3. 15-20%
     
    Add akcbr954 to Rail
  4. not enough
    Add tamayo85 to Rail
  5. We get a nice little profit sharing bonus at the end of the year which will be anywhere from 10-15% but were having a pretty good year so its looking like 15%, I personally only do 3% of every paycheck because that's what my company matches and I have too many student loans payments to take out much more than that. I'm also only 23 so I feel pretty good about even putting that away.
    Add Admiral to Rail
  6. 6% max company match into 401K.

    Additional $500 per month into my own personal ponzi scheme.
    Add XquiziVex to Rail
  7. zero bob
    Add Acpittboss to Rail
  8. 10% with company match.
    Add louiemdj to Rail
  9. ~20%
    Add UCBananaboy to Rail
  10. 0%. I live paycheck to paycheck at the moment.
    Add MUPokerPlayer to Rail
  11. you hould put in as much as possible
    Add shallowcal to Rail
  12. 6% with company match
    Add lifterpuller to Rail
  13. 9%
    Add R_U_Nuts to Rail
  14.  
    Originally Posted by louiemdj View Post

    10% with company match.

    Your company matches 100% of your 10% contribution? Wow. Nice.

    I put 10% with 100% company match up to 3%.
    Add aj_law to Rail
  15. I bought 2 IRA's for the $3k max the 1s 2 years I played poker, of course I busted them in a downswing...
     
    Add heynow21 to Rail
  16. I put 7k a year in to IRA
    Add eliterummy to Rail
  17. bout tree fiddy
    Add Shamaniski to Rail
  18. I hope you guys arent investing in the market right now. Double dip comin, you heard it here !
    Add werd2u to Rail
  19. whatever they hold. I think mine is called Social Security

    Suks I know
    Add gamble153 to Rail
  20. 0. too much debt, and living paycheck to paycheck.

    fuck student loans
    Add hostile to Rail
  21. 5k a year in an IRA... no % for me obv
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  22. I put 5K a year into an IRA plus a 6% company match into a 401K... And wtf with the 7K a year into an IRA? The max you can put into an IRA is 5K per year unless you're 50+ in which you can put 6K a year.
    Add Sokpuppet7 to Rail
  23. Young people should put whatever company match they get (if any these days) then try and max out a Roth IRA, and if they still want to save more increase their 401(k), in my opinion. If you have a Roth 401(k) option I'd do that as well. Get it in tax free while your tax bracket is low relative to future years.
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
  24.  
    Originally Posted by Sokpuppet7 View Post

    I put 5K a year into an IRA plus a 6% company match into a 401K... And wtf with the 7K a year into an IRA? The max you can put into an IRA is 5K per year unless you're 50+ in which you can put 6K a year.

    yea I missed that post, looooool @ 7k into an IRA
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  25. 8% + company match 4% for a total of 12% each year.
    Add ugain2004 to Rail
  26.  
    Originally Posted by TheWacoKidd View Post

    yea I missed that post, looooool @ 7k into an IRA

    Could be a spousal IRA, or SEP IRA or SIMPLE IRA where you can put more into.
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
  27.  
    Originally Posted by TheWacoKidd View Post

    yea I missed that post, looooool @ 7k into an IRA

    He coulda meant a Simple IRA which has a contribution limit of $11.5K in 2010.
    Add tkeat1653 to Rail
  28. well then he should be more specific IMO, never heard of a Simple
    Edited By: TheWacoKidd Aug 16th, 2010 at 09:51 PM
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  29. Yeah, I didnt think of that, but I've never known anyone with a Simple IRA. I'm a banker and I've yet to run into anyone with one. I'm actually not even 100% sure what it is but I think it's an employee sponsored retirement plan where they match your contributions. Not really sure how it works though
    Add Sokpuppet7 to Rail
  30.  
    Originally Posted by Sokpuppet7 View Post

    Yeah, I didnt think of that, but I've never known anyone with a Simple IRA. I'm a banker and I've yet to run into anyone with one. I'm actually not even 100% sure what it is but I think it's an employee sponsored retirement plan where they match your contributions. Not really sure how it works though

    Similar to 401K, pretax deduction. Very minimal admin costs, so it attracts sole props and small businesses.

    Employer has to match dollar for dollar of the employees contribution, up to 3%.

    I've never met anyone personally either, but when I was reviewing taxes I saw a few people who had em.
    Add tkeat1653 to Rail