Originally Posted by bettntibetn View Post

time to make yourself a plan for what you really want to do. You were bored on the job and you want to become a CPA?? talk about the most boring job on earth. I can't imagine you working at a public accounting firm based on the stuff you posted on here.

if you get your CPA you will have no problem finding a job but I think your going to hate it with a passion.

Well I did the Public accounting route. The work isn't too bad, it's actually fairly interesting, it's the hours I hated. I'm trying to get into government accounting or private. I think I was bored where I was because it didn't require me to think too much. But anyways yea.
    Thread StarterAdd Aznsportsnut to Rail
  2. doubt OP is real
    Add Cmoney3 to Rail
  3. what were the hours that you hated, if it was like 9-5 then LOL
    Add curiousgeorge to Rail
  4. I got in around 7am and left at 4:30.
  5. Add TheFirm53 to Rail
  6. Play video games for a living!
    Add Seykota to Rail
  7. im new here.... is OP real??
    Add SpewyNit to Rail
    Originally Posted by Seykota View Post

Play video games for a living!

Sigh that's the dream. but obv unrealistic, just like my dream to get a girl. Anyways yea I'm the biggest idiot ever.
  9. So this is how you become War...
    Add ud2 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Cmoney3 View Post

doubt OP is real

was pondering this... or if defendr is in the early stages of WAR syndrome, which someone else posted...
    Add resilient to Rail
    Originally Posted by resilient View Post

was pondering this... or if defendr is in the early stages of WAR syndrome, which someone else posted...

res, and whoever posted earlier, may be on to something.
    Add p00pymcp00perton to Rail
  12. <object height="344" width="425"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ftl_ckcpZgY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ftl_ckcpZgY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" mce_src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ftl_ckcpZgY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object> please don't let this be you.
    Add giveemhell to Rail
    Originally Posted by Bob Futon View Post

I think the number one thing is you need to take a good look in the mirror. Honestly saying &quot;they didn't give you enough work&quot; really isn't the way to look at this thing. Really no excuse for something like this. I'm not trying to be a dick. I just don't want to see you become/continue to be a total life failure.

Maybe while your collecting unemployment or what not you can do some volunteer work. Help at a soup kitchen or something. Then at least you'll be doing something rewarding and not sitting around feeling sorry for yourself.

This is one of the things that is wrong with this country. Unemployment is supposed to be for people who get laid off or otherwise unemployed THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN. I have seen so many people get away with abusing the system in this regard it makes me sick to think that my tax/unemployment dollars are going to stiffs who value work so little they fall asleep at their job, and in effect, laugh it off.

should never have opened this damn thread while at the tables it tilts me so much.

/rant

Add snaggs to Rail
  14. doubt I'm eligible, though my recruiter said to fill it out. I'll check back with you.
  15. As I recall, you were bitching about not being able to surf the internets when you got this new job due to the fact that your desk/workstation was out in the open amidst everyone, so how the fuck do you just fall asleep in that spot. I'm sure your mother is real proud of you son. tsk tsk
    Add jcpeace to Rail
    Originally Posted by jcpeace View Post

As I recall, you were bitching about not being able to surf the internets when you got this new job due to the fact that your desk/workstation was out in the open amidst everyone, so how the fuck do you just fall asleep in that spot. I'm sure your mother is real proud of you son. tsk tsk

Yea I know I'm an idiot etc etc. Like I said, the power of boredom was too powerful.
  17. did you crush it the other day playing poker? you're making a run aren't you?

glgl
    Add ericINtheX to Rail
    Originally Posted by snaggs View Post

This is one of the things that is wrong with this country. Unemployment is supposed to be for people who get laid off or otherwise unemployed THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN. I have seen so many people get away with abusing the system in this regard it makes me sick to think that my tax/unemployment dollars are going to stiffs who value work so little they fall asleep at their job, and in effect, laugh it off.

should never have opened this damn thread while at the tables it tilts me so much.

/rant

I'd be very surprised if he were eligible for it. From what i've seen, people that are fired with cause generally are not able to get it. It is supposed to be for people who, like you said, are laid of through no cause of their own. While I'm sure there are people who abuse the system, it is supposed to be for the people that genuinely need it, not those that just happen to fuck up.
    Add iThinkItMoved to Rail
    Originally Posted by Defndrofangels View Post

I'm already trying to make some plans. I need a huge dose of reality right now. Maybe this is the wake up call i need. I'm gonna continue to study for the CPA and hopefully that government job will come through but like i said CA is in a huge financial hole right now so yea we'll see, it probably won't be there any time soon. In the mean time, I'm gonna talk to my recruiter tomorrow to see what I can do. Really appreciate the advice. You OT guys make me humble.

lol

Add Nate Avenson to Rail
    Originally Posted by ericINtheX View Post

did you crush it the other day playing poker? you're making a run aren't you?

glgl

I wish I had sick skills in poker. But alas I don't, and I also just withdrew 90% of my br on Full Tilt last night leaving me with like 180 dollars, so I really can't grind either.
  21. now I'm 87.482% sure this is a level account.
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  22. Don't feel too hard on yourself. If the job wasn't right for you then its best you get out early before you invest time and feel horrible as a person. Life is about being happy and nothing should come ahead of that goal. Jobs in finance/accounting aren't for everyone due to the hours and being ordered to do things like a slave.

I would look to work in a smaller firm where you have more control over your daily activities. Working at a high pressure environment like PIMCO, which has hundreds of billions under management, might not be right for you.

So don't feel bad for yourself and don't take the shit that your parents give you. It only makes you feel worse. Figure out what you want to do. I'm sure you can get a recommendation from an employee at PIMCO who liked you.

Add Leet8s to Rail
    Originally Posted by Leet8s View Post

Don't feel too hard on yourself. If the job wasn't right for you then its best you get out early before you invest time and feel horrible as a person. Life is about being happy and nothing should come ahead of that goal. Jobs in finance/accounting aren't for everyone due to the hours and being ordered to do things like a slave.

I would look to work in a smaller firm where you have more control over your daily activities. Working at a high pressure environment like PIMCO, which has hundreds of billions under management, might not be right for you.

So don't feel bad for yourself and don't take the shit that your parents give you. It only makes you feel worse. Figure out what you want to do. I'm sure you can get a recommendation from an employee at PIMCO who liked you.

I mean, I don't mind getting fired, I deserve it. But what bothers me is my long term prospects of employment and my mom is sad about it even though she knew I was a temp. And although I didn't plan on staying there long, I liked it better when I had the say on when I left. Anyways there are some positives but right now the negatives outweigh the positives at this moment right now. Hopefully things will change soon.
  24. ya blew it, capiche
    Add XXEDPXX to Rail
  25. Man. All the edits. even the title of the thread and responses point to one thing...

You really need to see a therapist. There's something wrong in your head to be so self-loathing and woe is me.
    Add Niceguy to Rail
    Originally Posted by Niceguy View Post

Man. All the edits. even the title of the thread and responses point to one thing...

You really need to see a therapist. There's something wrong in your head to be so self-loathing and woe is me.

Yea, what's the cure for a guy who can't accept what's given to him and bitches and complains when he should be thankful for what he has? I deserve all the flames man, probably more for fucking royally like this. I know a lot of Oters would've gladly switch places with me over where I worked and the pay I was receiving. Now I have to try to find another job that pays decently with this situation on me now. Thankfully I have plenty of savings, but my mom is more concerned about work instead of money. I guess that's why I come here, you guys are sorta like my therapists. I mean I know I should seek professional help but you guys are real people with a wide contrast of life experiences, who give me a lot of different angles and viewpoints which I greatly appreciate, something 1 therapist cannot give me. Anyways I need to go see my recruiter in the morning, going to sleep now, will check on this later hopefully will update with good news/vibes after the meeting.

Yea, what's the cure for a guy who can't accept what's given to him and bitches and complains when he should be thankful for what he has? I deserve all the flames man, probably more for fucking royally like this. I know a lot of Oters would've gladly switch places with me over where I worked and the pay I was receiving. Now I have to try to find another job that pays decently with this situation on me now. Thankfully I have plenty of savings, but my mom is more concerned about work instead of money. I guess that's why I come here, you guys are sorta like my therapists. I mean I know I should seek professional help but you guys are real people with a wide contrast of life experiences, who give me a lot of different angles and viewpoints which I greatly appreciate, something 1 therapist cannot give me. Anyways I need to go see my recruiter in the morning, going to sleep now, will check on this later hopefully will update with good news/vibes after the meeting.

wow, maybe you really should see a therapist, really
    Add XXEDPXX to Rail
    Originally Posted by XXEDPXX View Post

wow, maybe you really should see a therapist, really

QFT, seriously though man, look into it.
    Add curiousgeorge to Rail

I wish I had sick skills in poker. But alas I don't, and I also just withdrew 90% of my br on Full Tilt last night leaving me with like 180 dollars, so I really can't grind either.

sick brag about cashing out $1,620
    Add skreechamane to Rail
    Originally Posted by 7DeLuX View Post

pm me for tips..

yea, c'mon, this is easy. in high school i slept more on/in trains/planes/busses/class/subway than at home. then i bought a tempurpedic bed, which i miss dearly
    Add Mr_BigQueso to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 51 2 3 4 5