[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

Originally Posted by AbnormalQ View Post

For shit's sake, like the worst article link to backup a point in OT history. Islam is a more violent religion than any other major world religion. Period. And its not even close. Light years distance.

What about a few hundred years ago?

fwiw, i didnt even bother to read that link.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail

You kidding, dude? I hope you are. That article was extraordinarily biased, written by a Mohamed, no less.

if the bias is so extraordinary then refutation should be easy to show.

and are you saying the article is necessarily biased because the writer is a muslim?

Islam is a more violent religion than any other major world religion. Period. And its not even close. Light years distance.

what are you basing the on? the period of history between 9.10.01 and 9.12.01?
    Edited By: EyeKnows Sep 14th, 2012 at 07:07 PM
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
  3. The path of Zoroaster is the only true path.

Unless we are a simulation created by our future-past.
    Add phish42O to Rail
  4. LOL @ anyone that thinks Christianity is somehow "better" than Islam. You're all bunch of brainwashed dolts.
    Add supra1988t to Rail
  5. Yeah, I'm sad I did read it, lol.

Firstly, Christians might've been a tad worse in the Middle Ages. But it is a little bit of a non sequitur, to claim one religion was much worse than another when the vast majority of conflict they engaged in were with each other, imo.

Secondly, to be honest, on some level this entire line of argument is a smokescreen. It's like the equivalent of smacking your brother in the head, and then when caught saying "But he did it first."

Christianity is not a violent religion any more. Islam is, and tonitruously so, in the case of 9/11, the embassy murder, the uss cole, and disgustingly on and on. Find me a Buddhist doing the same thing. Protesting via self-immolation doesn't count.

People love to be PC and claim that this is only extremists. Yes, the violence are for people at the relative ends of the Bell Curve. However, the religion itself is violent at a more incipient, a more existential level. With your mind, the way it makes you think. There is a general militancy of mind with Islam that I find particularly repulsive. In fact, I associate Scientology with this same mindset. Which is a lot of the reason the religions are so successfully, because of the extreme nature of how they spread their ideas and protect against dissension, both within and without their ranks.
    Add AbnormalQ to Rail

Firstly, Christians might've been a tad worse in the Middle Ages. But it is a little bit of a non sequitur, to claim one religion was much worse than another when the vast majority of conflict they engaged in were with each other, imo.

Historically, liberals do have a problem with the definition of the word "is".
    Edited By: Magnet Steve Sep 14th, 2012 at 07:29 PM
    Add Magnet Steve to Rail

Christianity is not a violent religion any more.

this could be debated imo. are all christians violent...of course not. but there is plenty of violence in the name of Christianity every day. just ask George Tiller.

Add killingbird to Rail
  8. I can already see it coming. AbnormalQ is going to make my head explode before this thread is done.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail

tonitruous

awesome word, never heard it.
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
  10. Ahh... Abq and magnet Steve gonna vomit out the retard arguments of Sam Harris. Y'all could just join a political movement instead or debate the the issue of whether it is temporally efficient to receive a blowjob from a dude, if you don't know it's a dude. Sam Harris blows and cannibalizes his own arguments.
    Add phish42O to Rail
    Originally Posted by saxman View Post

it's not about religion - it never has been about religion

it's about power hungry extremists that use religion as a tool to accomplish their personal goals

we have our share of extremists but we also have enough moderates to keep them in check - this is not so much the case in third world countries.

Gets it

And lol at the science homers

People have used relugion for thousands of years to get power and we are still around.

Its only in the last few hubderd years where science has become advanced and look at all the destrucion it has caused when used by humans.....

The three most popular thoughts on how humans will cease to exist are

Asteroid
    Global warming
    Nuclear war

Humans using technology to gain power instead of religion are far more dangerous to our society

Having said that...technology is the tits

Blame people
    Add Prestonluv to Rail
  12. What does science have to do with this thread?

OP is claiming Muslims kill people for religion, and Christians are nice and wouldnt do such a thing.

OP is clearly wrong and short sighted. Thats pretty much all that needs to be said here. No need for the athiests or bible thumpers to start bashing each other cause the OP makes false claims. Id be willing to bet the OP's dad used to get drunk when he was younger and claim him he invented the question mark.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
    Originally Posted by EyeKnows View Post

if the bias is so extraordinary then refutation should be easy to show.

and are you saying the article is necessarily biased because the writer is a muslim?

what are you basing the on? the period of history between 9.10.01 and 9.12.01?

http://www.citizenwarrior.com/2008/0...slim-wars.html
    http://current.com/groups/gaza/89690...olve-islam.htm
    http://www.lankaweb.com/news/items/2...ng-each-other/
    http://www.masada2000.org/islam.html

shut your fn trap cause you know jack shit. You can find other articles that say the same thing.

Most wars today involve Muslims and many are muslim on muslim. Not saying any religion is better, saying that the muslims religion is involved in a high majority of the conflicts.
    Edited By: Prestonluv Sep 14th, 2012 at 08:14 PM
    Add Prestonluv to Rail
    Originally Posted by Jaybone2315 View Post

What does science have to do with this thread?

OP is claiming Muslims kill people for religion, and Christians are nice and wouldnt do such a thing.

OP is clearly wrong and short sighted. Thats pretty much all that needs to be said here. No need for the athiests or bible thumpers to start bashing each other cause the OP makes false claims. Id be willing to bet the OP's dad used to get drunk when he was younger and claim him he invented the question mark.

see that stupid pic of yall need science and i laugh cause science will most likely be the cause of our demise. (well, science used by people)
    Add Prestonluv to Rail
    Originally Posted by Prestonluv View Post

see that stupid pic of yall need science and i laugh cause science will most likely be the cause of our demise. (well, science used by people)

Well said. Science is worst then Religion.

Now, lets start killing people by the millions like the good old days when Religion was king.
    Edited By: Jaybone2315 Sep 14th, 2012 at 08:18 PM
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
  16. Fwiw, we use science (bombs guns, ect) to kill each other. But when was the last time science was the reason?

Do people walk around like... "MY FUCKING DROID IS BETTER THEN YOUR IPHONE. DIEEEEEEEEE!!!!"
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
    Originally Posted by phish42O View Post

Ahh... Abq and magnet Steve gonna vomit out the retard arguments of Sam Harris. Y'all could just join a political movement instead or debate the the issue of whether it is temporally efficient to receive a blowjob from a dude, if you don't know it's a dude. Sam Harris blows and cannibalizes his own arguments.

Add Magnet Steve to Rail
    Originally Posted by Magnet Steve View Post

Seeing how it is a mathematic certainty that there exists a number called "potato," I guess I can count higher than you. And so can the retard.
    Add phish42O to Rail

shut your fn trap cause you know jack shit. You can find other articles that say the same thing.

why you so mad? all I did was ask for some data.

and lol @ those links, wtf? I don't think you understood the question.

Most wars today involve Muslims and many are muslim on muslim. Not saying any religion is better, saying that the muslims religion is involved in a high majority of the conflicts.

by your logic the "christians" (USA) are waging a huge war that has resulted in over 300,000 deaths and most of those are civilian deaths. compare that to your "muslim" killings and I'd say christians are killing way more today than muslims.

muslim nation = muslim killings

christian nation = christian killings

^^ your logic not mine ^^
    Edited By: EyeKnows Sep 14th, 2012 at 08:39 PM
    Add EyeKnows to Rail

see that stupid pic of yall need science and i laugh cause science will most likely be the cause of our demise. (well, science used by people in the name of religion)

fyp
    Add supra1988t to Rail
    Originally Posted by killingbird View Post

my guess is rebel never posts in this thread again.

Wrong. Double standards abound. Make sure you save $10 to pay me in a few days.
    Thread StarterAdd rebelfd to Rail
    Originally Posted by rebelfd View Post

Wrong. Double standards abound. Make sure you save $10 to pay me in a few days.

did they move the election up?

Add killingbird to Rail

Its only in the last few hubderd years where science has become advanced and look at all the destrucion it has caused when used by humans.....

The three most popular thoughts on how humans will cease to exist are

Asteroid
    Global warming
    Nuclear war

Humans using technology to gain power instead of religion are far more dangerous to our society

so you are saying "people don't kill people, guns kill people"?

Add killingbird to Rail
    Originally Posted by femfata View Post

yeah because reacting with violence makes you a hero...

nach mehr
    Add MadProfesor to Rail

How many deaths has religious beliefs caused? How many has science/atheist beliefs caused?

Add MadProfesor to Rail

Throughout history, which number do you think is greater?

1. Christians killing people of other religions

2. Muslims killing people of other religions.

But history is history. 1000 years ago or whatever the fuck doesn't matter right now. Yes Christians USED to be just as batshit crazy about religion and killed thousands over it, just like some extremist Muslims do TODAY. Not saying extreme Christain's are not batshit crazy, they just aren't as batshit as the extreme muslims who chop peoples heads off over cartoons.

The "Christians killed people to XXXXX years ago" is a bullshit argument. Its like if right now today, the Chinese people were enslaving blacks they took from Africa, and people in the west would obviously say wow thats fucked up, thats some extreme crazy shit, those Chinese are fucked up. Then some fucktard would say, wait, you are hypocrites, because 300 years ago you did the same shit.... you enslaved even more, so why say its fucked up now?

Obviously at this point in time TODAY, extreme muslims are fuckin crazy as fuck and in today's age you are more likely to get killed by a muslim for making fun of mohammed about 10,000x more probable then getting killed by a Christian for making fun of jesus. This is the case. Whether or not Christians killed more people in HISTORY is fucking irrelevant so fuck that argument.

Add Gotskillz to Rail

What about a few hundred years ago?

fwiw, i didnt even bother to read that link.

But we are not in a fucking hundred years ago?
    We are talking about right now, today?

Again, fuck this argument.

Add Gotskillz to Rail
    Originally Posted by saxman View Post

it's not about religion - it never has been about religion

it's about power hungry extremists that use religion as a tool to accomplish their personal goals

nothing could be further from the truth!

http://www.targetofopportunity.com/islam.htm
    http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/terrorism.htm
    Add userid363 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Mr Galt View Post

Were you ever just a bit more polite to the 6'5" 280 guy that cuts in line?

this is the most sense you've made in days
    Add userid363 to Rail
  30. the use of "christians and jews killed more people in the past" logic is turbo awesome stupid.
    Add Nothingmaker to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 51 2 3 4