Originally Posted by warden View Post

bulllllllllllllllllllllllshit

I feel better if this is what you were both referring too. I have no way of retroactively proving my mindset, but I'll accept the chirps for leaving it out of original post.
    Thread StarterAdd Bullets43 to Rail
  2. I think Harden is super overrated.

He is soft. He took that elbow from Metta and didn't do shit about it. He didn't even say anything or retaliate whatsoever.

He couldn't throw it in the friggin ocean in last years playoffs. He COMPLETELY disappeared.

Houston just gave up the farm for Harden and gave him a MAX deal. Unbelievable. It's comical to me that they believe Harden is a superstar that you can build a franchise around.

Lin is GARBAGE. They overpaid him too. D Will said recently that Raymond Felton is better than Lin and I couldn't agree more. Houston is gonna be stuck in mediocrity for eternity now.

LOLOLOLOL @ Harden going to Houston for 6 million more. That pretty much sums up his mentality. I'm NOT a fan.
    Add slizza420 to Rail
  3. 60 million for 4 years on a bad team or 54 million and play on a championship contender.

Sigh

Look how much $$$ Bosh passed up to play in Miami.
    Add slizza420 to Rail
  4. LOL WHat the fuck is he gonna do to ron ron?
    Add AMARTIN1181 to Rail
    Originally Posted by slizza420 View Post

60 million for 4 years on a bad team or 54 million and play on a championship contender.

Sigh

Huh? bosh got 15 instead of 15.5

Harden would have gotten 13.5 and would have become trade bait at the end of the season.

Sweet comparison though.
    Add Niceguy to Rail
    Originally Posted by Niceguy View Post

Huh? bosh got 15 instead of 15.5

Harden would have gotten 13.5 and would have become trade bait at the end of the season.

Sweet comparison though.

Ya I guess you're right they paid Bosh, D Wade and Lebron and it was Mike Miller and everyone else that took far less $$$ to play there.

I'm pretty sure they offered Harden a 4 year extension and he turned it down because he wanted that extra 6 million.

They just couldn't afford to give him a max deal.

OKC made out like str8 bandits in this deal. Anybody that believes Houston got the better of this is trippin IMO.
    Add slizza420 to Rail
  7. Harden turned it down because it was a lowball offer that offered him no assurances he would be staying in Okc. Take less money to stay on a contender? Okay. Take less to hope to stay on a contender? Not okay. Especially when you know in the off-season there are 10 teams that would offer you the max.
    Add Niceguy to Rail
  8. As someone who lives on Houston, I may actually go see a game or two this year. Rockets aren't going to be world beaters, but the team is looking much better. Also, Bob Voulgaris is pretty smart when it comes to basketball:

Add Nickc011 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Niceguy View Post

Harden turned it down because it was a lowball offer that offered him no assurances he would be staying in Okc. Take less money to stay on a contender? Okay. Take less to hope to stay on a contender? Not okay. Especially when you know in the off-season there are 10 teams that would offer you the max.

Lowball offer? That was all they could afford to offer him under the cap. 54 million and 60 million for 4 years is a big difference? I don't really think so but whatever. He's friggin 23 and would be able to sign another mega deal when that 4 years runs out.

It's apparent that Harden cares more about $$$ than he does winning rings. That's extremely typical of today's players.

And to the morons that think Harden is better than Westbrook I dunno what to even say to that. Apparently Houston fans aren't too bright.
    Add slizza420 to Rail

Lowball offer? That was all they could afford to offer him under the cap. 54 million and 60 million for 4 years is a big difference? I don't really think so but whatever. He's friggin 23 and would be able to sign another mega deal when that 4 years runs out.

It's apparent that Harden cares more about $$$ than he does winning rings. That's extremely typical of today's players.

And to the morons that think Harden is better than Westbrook I dunno what to even say to that. Apparently Houston fans aren't too bright.

If he leaves OKC he gets more money, more years, and is a guaranteed starter. Can you really blame him for passing that up?

Add Nickc011 to Rail

wade and lebron also gave up money, and they did it all at once, and they did it for a SPECIFIC reason (to get haslem/miller)

westbrook/durant didn't give up anything, and harden would just be giving up money to line clay bennett's pockets
    Add warden to Rail
  12. gary payton turned down a bigger offer from portland to go to the lakers and try to win a championship

you know what the lakers did? TRADED HIM AFTER ONE YEAR.

there is no guarantee that taking less money ensures that he stays with OKC. and, of course, if you're going to go after harden for not staying, you have to go after OKC's owners, who have way more money than him and are looking at similar math.
    Add warden to Rail
    Originally Posted by Nickc011 View Post

If he leaves OKC he gets more money, more years, and is a guaranteed starter. Can you really blame him for passing that up?

He gets pretty much the same amount of $$$. He's gonna be filthy rich regardless.

He essentially played starter minutes in OKC he was already getting around 30 mins a night.

Life is gonna get a lot tougher when he starts receiving more defensive attention. Westbrook and Durant got him sooooo many open shots. His FG % is gonna drop a bunch.

He's a solid player for sure but he's NOT a superstar. Just my 2 cents. It will be interesting to see how he fares in Houston this year playing alongside broke ass jumper (can only go right) turnover machine Lincrappity.

Lin reminds me of when Zoolander could only turn right. Defenses are gonna shut his azz down this year the scouting report is out on him now.

Did I forget to mention he's extremely weak physically and can't even handle an 82 game season?
    Edited By: slizza420 Oct 29th, 2012 at 06:38 PM
    Add slizza420 to Rail
  14. Kind of a long read, but brings a lot of insight to the deal.

http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumbli...-harden-trade/
    Add astaggs to Rail
  15. It's an absolute joke that Houston let a budding star like Lowry go and then sign Lin instead. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Let's see how that works out for em!!!
    Edited By: slizza420 Oct 29th, 2012 at 06:42 PM
    Add slizza420 to Rail
  16. LOLOL i love the argument that harden should take less money....the owners aren't willing to sacrifice a few million for the greater chance of winning a championship, why the fuck should he when his earning potential is capped to the next 15 years and only in this profession.

honestly, if you take this viewpoint i'm honestly at a loss. 6 million is a lot of money. My favorite part is that the same people who rail against athletes trying to take money are the same people who take the most glee out of athletes going broke and say "omg how stupid are they?" just el of fucking el.
    Add FenwayKing to Rail
    Originally Posted by AMARTIN1181 View Post

LOL WHat the fuck is he gonna do to ron ron?

Ummm cheap shot him with an elbow the exact same way Metta did him.

It's not like hockey where the refs are gonna let em fight or anything. LOL what is Harden scared of the big bad wolf? LOL @ basketball players it's not like any of em can fight.

I love basketball but hockey rules!! Shit gets settled right there on the ice!!!
    Add slizza420 to Rail
    Originally Posted by FenwayKing View Post

LOLOL i love the argument that harden should take less money....the owners aren't willing to sacrifice a few million for the greater chance of winning a championship, why the fuck should he when his earning potential is capped to the next 15 years and only in this profession.

honestly, if you take this viewpoint i'm honestly at a loss. 6 million is a lot of money. My favorite part is that the same people who rail against athletes trying to take money are the same people who take the most glee out of athletes going broke and say "omg how stupid are they?" just el of fucking el.

They CAN"T afford to pay him a max salary under the cap and still get enough other quality players. It's not rocket science. OKC knows what the fuck they are doing yo.

Basketball contracts are guaranteed and he's gonna make well over 100 million throughout his career. If that extra 6 million is worth sacrificing a championship over that's ridiculous.
    Edited By: slizza420 Oct 29th, 2012 at 06:53 PM
    Add slizza420 to Rail

Life is gonna get a lot tougher when he starts receiving more defensive attention. Westbrook and Durant got him sooooo many open shots. His FG % is gonna drop a bunch.

Couldn't disagree more...maybe his FG% drops b/c he'll be taking more shots, but Westbrook and Durant didn't get him soooooo many open shots.

If you ever watched OKC, you'd know that Harden ran the pick n roll A TON...sure he benefited from Westbrook kicking the ball out every once in a while, but Harden is a damn good isolation player himself.
    Add JRoth15 to Rail
  20. Westbrook will never ever win a championship as the best or second best player on a team.
    Add TheAlbatross to Rail
    Originally Posted by JRoth15 View Post

Couldn't disagree more...maybe his FG% drops b/c he'll be taking more shots, but Westbrook and Durant didn't get him soooooo many open shots.

If you ever watched OKC, you'd know that Harden ran the pick n roll A TON...sure he benefited from Westbrook kicking the ball out every once in a while, but Harden is a damn good isolation player himself.

But do you think Harden created every single one of those opportunities? Durant standing at the 3-point line greatly hinders the rotation of the defense. Harden is a good player, but I think he is really going to struggle having to be the primary scorer and drawing all the attention of the defense.
    Add astaggs to Rail

Westbrook is the most explosive guard in the game and can get to the basket at will. He and Durant most definitely create tons of ez opportunities for their teammates.

Harden can iso so what? Is he a lock down defender? Is he a tremendous rebounder? No

Is that the type of player you want to build your ENTIRE team around?

Who's he gonna run pick and roll with in Houston?
    Add slizza420 to Rail
    Originally Posted by astaggs View Post

But do you think Harden created every single one of those opportunities? Durant standing at the 3-point line greatly hinders the rotation of the defense. Harden is a good player, but I think he is really going to struggle having to be the primary scorer and drawing all the attention of the defense.

As would Westbrook or (to a much lesser extent) Durant if they were traded to Houston...that's the nature of the game.

Harden standing on the 3-point line creates space for Westbrook to use...Durant is a different animal b/c he's such a catch-and-shoot guy (and can get his shot off in ANY space), but having Harden on the floor definitely gave him more room to operate.

If you take a good player and surround him with shit, he's obviously not going to look as good.

It's why you see guys average 12 PPG against a shitty HS schedule, but blossom when they get to college. Having good players around you increases your likelihood of success.

And there isn't a single player in the NBA who creates every opportunity for themself. I think Harden will be just fine in Houston...his team will suck, but that's not really on him.
    Edited By: JRoth15 Oct 29th, 2012 at 07:05 PM
    Add JRoth15 to Rail

Westbrook is the most explosive guard in the game and can get to the basket at will. He and Durant most definitely create tons of ez opportunities for their teammates.

Harden can iso so what? Is he a lock down defender? Is he a tremendous rebounder? No

Is that the type of player you want to build your ENTIRE team around?

Who's he gonna run pick and roll with in Houston?

lol wtf are you even arguing? i'm saying that his teammates in Houston are shit...that doesn't make him a WORSE ballplayer. it makes his teammates worse than they were in OKC.

yes he is a pretty decent defender (at least better than Westbrook)...if you put Westbrook on Houston's team, he would struggle a lot more to get to the rim because he doesn't have Durant and Harden spotting up on the wings.

so, as you were saying...Harden creates easy opportunities for his teammates as well. and if I had a choice of who to build a team around between Westbrook and Harden, I'd take Harden.
    Edited By: JRoth15 Oct 29th, 2012 at 07:06 PM
    Add JRoth15 to Rail

lol wtf are you even arguing? i'm saying that his teammates in Houston are shit...that doesn't make him a WORSE ballplayer. it makes his teammates worse than they were in OKC.

yes he is a pretty decent defender (at least better than Westbrook)...if you put Westbrook on Houston's team, he would struggle a lot more to get to the rim because he doesn't have Durant and Harden spotting up on the wings.

so, as you were saying...Harden creates easy opportunities for his teammates as well. and if I had a choice of who to build a team around between Westbrook and Harden, I'd take Harden.

What are you talking about? Good players put up Nintendo numbers in HS. Especially good big men.
    Add slizza420 to Rail

What are you talking about? Good players put up Nintendo numbers in HS. Especially good big men.

Umm that would be the complete opposite...big men rely on guards to get them the ball. If your team doesn't have a guard to get you the ball, you can't put big numbers up. If you put Dwight Howard on a high school team with guards who can't get the ball across halfcourt, how exactly is he going to score? Sure he can still rebound and block shots, but you can't put up "Nintendo numbers" if you don't see the ball.

I should have clarified and said for "smaller school" HS teams...but there are plenty of Chicago big men who don't get the ball or put up the numbers they should b/c their guards can't get it to them. And that's in the CPL, where dolphin can confirm--defense is optional.
    Edited By: JRoth15 Oct 29th, 2012 at 07:11 PM
    Add JRoth15 to Rail

read nice guys post again, i think u might be retarded but try really hard to understand it this time. And yeah, 6 million dollars is a lot of money to some people, maybe not the slizza, but a lot of people.
    Add AMARTIN1181 to Rail

Ummm cheap shot him with an elbow the exact same way Metta did him.

yeah and look over your shoulder for the rest of your life. lol.
    Add AMARTIN1181 to Rail

It's an absolute joke that Houston let a budding star like Lowry go and then sign Lin instead. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Let's see how that works out for em!!!

agree with this. And dragic.
    Add AMARTIN1181 to Rail

Umm that would be the complete opposite...big men rely on guards to get them the ball. If your team doesn't have a guard to get you the ball, you can't put big numbers up. If you put Dwight Howard on a high school team with guards who can't get the ball across halfcourt, how exactly is he going to score? Sure he can still rebound and block shots, but you can't put up "Nintendo numbers" if you don't see the ball.

I should have clarified and said for "smaller school" HS teams...but there are plenty of Chicago big men who don't get the ball or put up the numbers they should b/c their guards can't get it to them. And that's in the CPL, where dolphin can confirm--defense is optional.

Complete opposite? What in the fuck are you talking about?

KG averaged 25.2 points 17.9 rebounds 6.7 dimez 6.5 blocks and he shot 66.8% in HS.

According to your philosophy he would have put up EVEN better numbers in college.
    Add slizza420 to Rail