[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. for 2 players to be named within the hour.

wow Scott Boras doin work!

Edit: Jon Heyman just tweeted it so it's definitely legit.
    Edited By: AnonymousX Jul 13th, 2011 at 06:01 AM
    Add AnonymousX to Rail
  2. where u hear this? didnt see anything
    Add wab80 to Rail
  3. Wait, what? The Brewers cupboard is pretty bare. I'm shocked there weren't better offers out there no matter who goes (coughCardinalscough). Oh well though, things just got more interesting. Should be a fun race.
    Add winwin07 to Rail
  4. My friend who works for MLB.com told me and then Jon Heyman tweeted it like 10 min later. I posted it before it was released tho.
    Thread StarterAdd AnonymousX to Rail
  5. Brewers acquire K-Rod from Mets
    Prince Fielder had barely hoisted his All-Star Game MVP trophy when the Brewers and Mets reminded the baseball world that it’s time to get back to business.

Milwaukee traded late Tuesday for New York closer Francisco Rodriguez and cash, sending two players to be named later to the Mets. It’s another surprise move by Brewers general manager Doug Melvin to bring the team’s pitching up to the level of Fielder and its potent offense.

http://brewersbeat.mlblogs.com/2011/...rod-from-mets/
    Add wantagolf to Rail
  6. Who's going to close for the Mets now? Isringhausen?

Add nyy486 to Rail
  7. Parnell?
  8. via Twitter...K-Rod plus cash to Brewers for 2 PTBNL.

That makes two teams in financial hell pulling trades with cash involved--both LEAVING them.

Dodgers traded for Juan Rivera earlier today.

Who is newest closer for Mets now?? I need to know for fantasy.
    Add JRoth15 to Rail
  9. oops just posted this...please delete my thread.

i was going to guess parnell too...by committee?
    Edited By: JRoth15 Jul 13th, 2011 at 06:05 AM
    Add JRoth15 to Rail
  10. holy repost...COME ON MAN!!!!!!
    Add BillMueller to Rail
  11. Parnell most likely dudes throwing for strikes finally and throws between 97-101mph
    Edited By: AnonymousX Jul 13th, 2011 at 06:06 AM
    Originally Posted by JRoth15 View Post

oops just posted this...please delete my thread.

who is mets new closer?? need to know for fantasy

ya this. i got a spot and would like to pick up whoever it is b4 someone else does.
    Add wab80 to Rail
  13. The depth charts on cbs say its Isringhausen as next in line. I just picked him up just in case, but this is great info if he does start closing.

Add Pckt Bullets to Rail
  14. Izzy can't handle it..he's breaking down already. Parnell has been lights out and hitting near Chapman numbers on the regular. They are definitely gonna see if he can handle the closer mentality, they've been talking about him being the future closer for awhile now.
    Edited By: AnonymousX Jul 13th, 2011 at 06:12 AM
    Originally Posted by Pckt Bullets View Post

The depth charts on cbs say its Isringhausen as next in line. I just picked him up just in case, but this is great info if he does start closing.

I would guess they'd try Parnell first...simply because he's not 45 and the Mets clearly aren't going anywhere for a while.

Might as well give the young guy a shot.

That being said, it is the Mets...Izzy will probably be closing come Thursday.
    Add JRoth15 to Rail
  16. They want to preserve Izzy. Parnell gets the shot without a doubt. Whether he can handle it is another story completely, hope he can though, he's got NASTY stuff it's just a matter of consistency for him.
  17. "Parnell has even hit 100 mph regularly on the radar gun after being hesitant to let pitches fly early in the season. This is obviously encouraging since the Mets are trying to unload Rodriguez in a trade before the July 31 deadline and would need a replacement closer, which Parnell is the leading candidate. “He can do it, and he knows it,” Rodriguez said of Parnell closing games. “I love that kid. I talk to him a lot, and I love him. He’s a guy who comes here every day trying to improve himself to get better and better. He definitely has the tools.” Parnell doesn't have much Fantasy value right now as a setup man, but if he does take over the closer's role, then his value would skyrocket. Perhaps NL-only Fantasy owners will want to stash Parnell just in case Rodriguez is traded.
    (Updated 07/07/2011)."
    Edited By: Pckt Bullets Jul 13th, 2011 at 06:15 AM

Add Pckt Bullets to Rail
  18. See, I know what I'm talking about sometimes :-P
  19. Yeah. Good call. Obviously he is already owned in my league. aiejfahiefkajhdlkfjasf

FML.

Add Pckt Bullets to Rail
  20. Willing to bet good money that Izzy gets 1st shot. Sincerely doubt they'll rush Parnell into the closer's job just because of a dozen or so good appearances since coming off the DL. He's still very much a work in progress. Natural progression is 8th inning guy (Izzy) to 9th and 7th inning guy (Parnell) to the 8th. He could get some opps, but I'm betting good money on Izzy being the new closer.

Oh and hallelujah!

Edit: Further logic for it being Izzy: Mets still haven't technically thrown in the towel yet (K-Rod trade was expected regardless of record). More reason to believe they'll go with the veteran. I know Sandy was hesitant with Parnell in ST anyway because he's still very much a one-pitch pitcher. I'm looking at this somewhat similarly to Evan Meek/Joel Hanrahan last year.
    Edited By: Mkind16 Jul 13th, 2011 at 06:23 AM
    Add Mkind16 to Rail
  21. Brewers are going to make a push.

Add Rocky to Rail
  22. are holds a category in your league? otherwise that's weird, he's been legit lights out for a few weeks now, but he's no Venters or anything so to have a middle reliever already owned is odd. Unless it's like a 16 team league

Originally Posted by Mkind16 View Post

Willing to bet good money that Izzy gets 1st shot. Sincerely doubt they'll rush Parnell into the closer's job just because of a dozen or so good appearances since coming off the DL. He's still very much a work in progress. Natural progression is 8th inning guy (Izzy) to 9th and 7th inning guy (Parnell) to the 8th. He could get some opps, but I'm betting good money on Izzy being the new closer.

Oh and hallelujah!

Izzy is already breaking down. If they want him to make it through the season, they can't pitch him every time there is a close situation unless the situation only comes up like 1/4 of the games left.

Edit: Heyman thinks it's gonna be Parnell.
    Edited By: AnonymousX Jul 13th, 2011 at 06:23 AM
    Originally Posted by tsxxx04 View Post

are holds a category in your league? otherwise that's weird, he's been legit lights out for a few weeks now, but he's no Venters or anything so to have a middle reliever already owned is odd. Unless it's like a 16 team league

Yah he was already owned in the OT league I was in...I don't get it. He's got 4 holds for the year (it is a holds league), but was owned.
    Add JRoth15 to Rail
  24. he was prob picked up in the last week or so he's been literally lights out for maybe even up to a month. I could be wrong on the length, but it's been a decent amount of outtings.
  25. I'm acting on Parnell... hoping he's the man!

Add dmoneymills to Rail
  26. Holds aren't counted in my league, but I checked and he was picked up 4 days ago.

:(

Add Pckt Bullets to Rail
  27. Don't be too bummed. It's the Mets, we crumble into the ground second half.
  28. Grabbed Parnell in all necessary leagues. weeeeee.
    Add TheBigEarn to Rail
    Originally Posted by tsxxx04 View Post

are holds a category in your league? otherwise that's weird, he's been legit lights out for a few weeks now, but he's no Venters or anything so to have a middle reliever already owned is odd. Unless it's like a 16 team league

Izzy is already breaking down. If they want him to make it through the season, they can't pitch him every time there is a close situation unless the situation only comes up like 1/4 of the games left.

Edit: Heyman thinks it's gonna be Parnell.

Heyman's opinion (similar to mine) is not based off any statements by Collins or Sandy. It's heresy. But like I said, I'd bet money on Izzy...and I'm not a betting man. I don't think he'll get 100% of the opportunities, but I think he will get most.

Originally Posted by JRoth15 View Post

Yah he was already owned in the OT league I was in...I don't get it. He's got 4 holds for the year (it is a holds league), but was owned.

Assuming you mean Waco's league, that was me. Seems hypocritical that I dropped Izzy (since added him back) to do it, but I was trying to improve my K/9 and K/BB. Mets play a lot of close games, so even the 7th inning guy gets holds.
    Add Mkind16 to Rail
  30. fuck, I have Axford. Im assuming KRod becomes the new closer or is he gonna set up in Mil.?
    Add ScottBrewr99 to Rail