[x]

See Where You Rank in New Jersey

1. <H2><SPAN id=ppt19300854>Howard Stern's Sidekick Artie Lange Hospitalized</SPAN></H2>
    Posted Sunday 03 January 09:21 AM By: PopEater Staff
    <UL class=commentNum> <LI class=second><SPAN>59 </SPAN>Comments </LI>[/list]<HR>

<A onmouseover=showHpPop(1); onmouseout=showHpPop(0); onclick="MakePDF(); TrackPDF(); return false;" alt="Print"><SPAN class=print>PRINT</SPAN></A> <SPAN class=addthis_separator>|</SPAN> <A title=email ost="1"> E-MAIL</A> <A ost="1"> More</A>

<HR>
    Artie Lange, Howard Stern's troubled sidekick, is in a New Jersey hospital for an unknown issue, TMZ reports.

&quot;I can confirm that Artie is in the hospital. Artie has chosen to keep all information on this matter between him and his doctor. There will be no further comment,&quot; a statement from his rep said.
    <HR>

The 42-year-old comedian, who has struggled with drug abuse in the past, hasn't appeared on Stern's radio show since December and has canceled several of his upcoming stand-up dates.

Lange was also busted in 2009 for a DUI.

He's been funny when I 've seen him on TV I hope he is ok

Yeah, I know, the title doesn't flow like it did with Limbaugh Rushed to the Hospital
    Add SluggerWV to Rail
  2. A steady diet of cocaine and bacon will do that to ya.
    Add Autolobotomist to Rail
  3. <OBJECT height=344 width=425><PARAM NAME="movie" VALUE="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxKde2DMvdA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;"><PARAM NAME="allowFullScreen" VALUE="true"><PARAM NAME="allowscriptaccess" VALUE="always"> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxKde2DMvdA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" mce_src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxKde2DMvdA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT>
    Add ohioschwa to Rail
  4. really hope he gets better. he's one of my favorite comedians and his book &quot;too fat to fish&quot; was one of the best books i ever read.
    Add wandigo to Rail
  5. Sigh. Im an everyday listener and was really looking forward to having him back on the show tomorrow. The week before they went on a two week break he wasnt on the show. Basically it was decided it would be good for him to take the extra week off and get his anxiety under control.

He had clean for the a lot of 09 but was really struggling with anxiety issues which caused him to miss some days. Hopefully he didnt relapse but it wouldnt surprise me at all if he did. If he's keeping it private they probably wont discuss much on the show about it tomorrow. I know Howard makes an effort now to not make the show about artie's issues because when he would not make it in previously it would become an artie discussion show.

Btw it wasnt an alcohol dui, he had taken some perscribed pills the night before. Instead of going through a trial/circus he took the dui charge and wanted to get it over with.
    Add xxACES UPxx to Rail
  6. Parody thread title ftw.
    Add LoveHatePoker to Rail
  7. RIP
    Add Thatislife to Rail
    Originally Posted by xxACES UPxx View Post

Btw it wasnt an alcohol dui, he had taken some perscribed pills the night before. Instead of going through a trial/circus he took the dui charge and wanted to get it over with.

This happened within 5 miles from my house and while he passed the breathalizer test, I heard from a fairly reliable source that there was no way he should have been behind the wheel. He supposedly had very lazy slow eyes, coordination and slight speech issues. He also rear ended another car.

Just sayin.
    Add Pker4Dummies to Rail
  9. I'd be surprised if he was ever really sober for more than a couple months.

That was his dui excuse? I remember him saying it was the pills he takes that caused the arrest, but he never fought that? I guess that's possible cause he's rich and famous, so a dui doesn't affect him much, but that seems a pretty ridiculous. It's not the OJ trial; it's a couple hours in municipal court.
    Add keylight to Rail
  10. I hate that fat piece of shit

[ ] surprising he is in hospital for drugs
    Add Camz to Rail
  11. ^^lol what did he do to you. Is Jackie your uncle or something?

Yah it could be a load of shit from the dui. I can say it wasnt alcohol but yah he may of been fucked on prescription. Im just reiterating what he said on the show
    Add xxACES UPxx to Rail
  12. So apparently he tried to commit suicide by stabbing himself 9 times. So sad. Been listening to Howard for 16 years and I absolutely love Artie. Doubt he will ever do the show again. Rumors are Jim Breuer will take his spot.
    Add The Worm to Rail
  13. <H1 id=story-title itxtvisited="1">Howard Stern Sidekick Artie Lange Hospitalized After Violent Suicide Attempt</H1>

NYPost.com

The comedian, who has struggled with substance abuse, reportedly stabbed himself nine times.

Troubled comic Artie Lange landed in the hospital after stabbing himself nine times in an apparent suicide attempt, sources told The Post.

Lange's frantic mom called 911 Saturday morning after she entered his Hoboken apartment and found the bloodied funnyman, a law-enforcement source said.

Lange sustained six &quot;hesitation wounds&quot; and three deep plunges.

A source close to Lange's management team confirmed that the sidekick stabbed himself, adding that his mother had come to visit him that day to drop off food.

Surgeons managed to save Lange despite heavy bleeding.

&quot;We all have our demons,&quot; Stern said on-air this week, referring to Lange's past battles with addiction. &quot;Artie has given this show tremendous moments of great comedy. He's a tremendous contributor. He is a good man. Don't forget how great he is.&quot;
    Thread StarterAdd SluggerWV to Rail
  14. stabbing yourself dam you got to be pretty pissed at yourself to do that
    Add kwoods to Rail
  15. Fuck me looks like the artie era on Stern is over. It was a good run all I can hope for is he is ok although he will probably be dead soon. Hes been so destructive for so long it just doesnt seem he hasnt in him to keep straight. I'll miss him on the show
    Add xxACES UPxx to Rail
    Originally Posted by SluggerWV View Post

his mother had come to visit him that day to drop off food.

Shocker.
    Add ciz to Rail
    Originally Posted by cizastro View Post

Shocker.

lol it might be weird for a 42 y/o's mom to drop off food but whenever my mom visits me she usually bring some left overs or some shit.
    Add Jimbo31 to Rail
  18. He's probably detoxing in the hospital shaking like shit, too bad they won't prescribe him a bottle of jack.
    Add dams to Rail
  19. Hey Artie...

Add Brooklyn999 to Rail
  20. thats sad cuz i really liked when he was on the show.. doubt he will be on any time soon/ever

<object height="344" width="425"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CLybVRBtkxU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CLybVRBtkxU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" mce_src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CLybVRBtkxU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>
    Add wwe_freak_88 to Rail
  21. <object height="344" width="425"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iwkCztQhPvY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iwkCztQhPvY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" mce_src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iwkCztQhPvY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>
    Add wwe_freak_88 to Rail
  22. Lol @ him stabbing himself. Every1 here knows it was s1nner amirite?
    Add GrenadierB to Rail
  23. what a goddamn moron... ppl that dont succeed at killing themselves are the ultimate fail
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheWacoKidd View Post

what a goddamn moron... ppl that dont succeed at killing themselves are the ultimate fail

seriously i dont no what the fuck people do when they recover after trying to kill themselves. do they just go for round 2 or all of a sudden just pretend they didnt try to end their life...
    Add JoeSexAppeal to Rail

what a goddamn moron... ppl that dont succeed at killing themselves are the ultimate fail

From what I read, he lost a significant amount of blood. If his mother hadnt showed up, Im sure he was gone.
    Add The Worm to Rail
    Originally Posted by The Worm View Post

From what I read, he lost a significant amount of blood. If his mother hadnt showed up, Im sure he was gone.

he picked a really efficient method tho
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  27. yah he was dying its actually a miracle he's still alive. Howard began to talk about it today but he was really struggling with it so he didnt go too deep into it.
    Add xxACES UPxx to Rail

he picked a really efficient method tho

True. Im just amazed that the amount of booze, coke and heroin he has done hasnt killed him. Now this and he is still alive. If he had 9 lives, he has to be getting close to the end.
    Add The Worm to Rail
  29. this is his second attempted suicide; hes got some serious problems

hearts and prayers go out to him and his family
    Add cjcut to Rail
    Originally Posted by cjcut View Post

hearts and prayers go out to him and his family

^ gotta be tough on his mom finding him like that but obv better than finding him dead
    Thread StarterAdd SluggerWV to Rail