[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

Originally Posted by zeppelinzoso16 View Post

How are people getting leveled so easily in 3 threads.

yep, lol
    Add thereraise to Rail
    Originally Posted by kellykip View Post

Really?

This was put together so that Starbucks would have an easy out, while looking to be making a 'sacrifice'. How? They will take any food preparation out of any of the storefronts they Occupy in NYC. This will cut approximately a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of .01% of their business, and will have absolutely zero impact on their storefront foot traffic.

EDIT: My 'Really?' was not indended to be a douchey retort to your use of the same, although I'm sure it will look that way - didn't even realize you used it until I posted.

But the fact that they prepare drinks would still keep them in the "restaurant" category, I think. The article about this on CNN says the ban would apply to "restaurants, food carts and any other establishments that receive letter grades for food service"...and I'm pretty sure that like smoothie places and other places that only sell non-bottled drinks have to get a letter grade.

edit: maybe I'll use this as an excuse to go down to Juice Generation and see if they have a letter, smoothie sounds pretty percs right now
    Edited By: Lord Supremo May 31st, 2012 at 08:39 PM
    Thread StarterAdd Lord Supremo to Rail
  3. Buy 2 x 10oz? Or do they plan to ration to 1 drink each?
    Add David Whats to Rail
    Originally Posted by sean614 View Post

I saw what looked like an 8 year old obese child getting a big gulp full of coke, and a large soft pretzel from 711 this morning for his breakfast before school. Normally I wouldn't give a flying fuck if the little fatty wanted some breakfast, but his obese mother was right next to him instilling these bad habits.

Wish more people would be health conscious.

Ban bad parenting ldo
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
    Originally Posted by David Whats View Post

Buy 2 x 10oz? Or do they plan to ration to 1 drink each?

You might as well just buy some heroin while you're at it because you are just going to destroy your body anyways drinking that much coke. This is for our own good I hope people embrace it and don't look for loop holes.
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
    Originally Posted by coolhandkev View Post

You might as well just buy some heroin while you're at it because you are just going to destroy your body anyways drinking that much coke. This is for our own good I hope people embrace it and don't look for loop holes.

Personally don't drink that shit, but might go and try some heroin now seeing as it's same as drinking coke.
    Add David Whats to Rail
    Originally Posted by Lord Supremo View Post

But the fact that they prepare drinks would still keep them in the "restaurant" category, I think. The article about this on CNN says the ban would apply to "restaurants, food carts and any other establishments that receive letter grades for food service"...and I'm pretty sure that like smoothie places and other places that only sell non-bottled drinks have to get a letter grade.

edit: maybe I'll use this as an excuse to go down to Juice Generation and see if they have a letter, smoothie sounds pretty percs right now

Mark my words - they will bypass this, whether they do it by 'leasing' out a rear kitchen space in another corporate name, by lobbying, by using their bank to donate to a Bloomy fave, or some other method. You can be rest assured that this will never touch Starbucks.
    Add kellykip to Rail
    Originally Posted by David Whats View Post

Personally don't drink that shit, but might go and try some heroin now seeing as it's same as drinking coke.

I'm not positive but I'm guessing heroin has zero calories and probably helps control appetite pretty well (you don't see a ton of fat heroin addicts I don't think) so in terms of the obesity problem it's better than drinking 16 ounces or more of coke and it's really not even debatable.
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
    Originally Posted by kellykip View Post

Yep - if you are not a member of the administration's desired demographic (the ultra wealthy, celebrities, multi-national corporations, Euro trash visitors, mediocre art school transplants, trust fund midwesterners), then you are going to feel just how unwelcome you are.

The ones he caters to are more comfortable strolling into Starbucks than a corner bodega, and this, along with the fact that they are a national chain instead of a pesky independent small business, answers the obvious question of why Caretaker Bloomy specifically avoids targeting the massively unhealthy, obesity inducing drinks sold by any of the 1 million Starbucks stores blighting the city.

<3
    Add Neeek to Rail
    Originally Posted by Magnet Steve View Post

Meanwhile, in more relevant and pressing anti-Bloomberg criticisms:

http://www.wnyc.org/articles/wnyc-ne...ace-and-class/

I've seen other articles about this lunacy, but that has got to be one of the most disturbing things I have ever read.
    Add Neeek to Rail
    Originally Posted by Neeek View Post

I've seen other articles about this lunacy, but that has got to be one of the most disturbing things I have ever read.

What I don't get is how it is happening in the most important city in America, it's the most blatant case of racial discrimination in policing since Jim Crow, and it's supposedly a hotbed of "progressive" thought, but no one outside the Internet seems to give a single shit.
    Add Magnet Steve to Rail
  12. Add Oh Rale to Rail
  13. 4048 posts and every one of them is abysmal.

Has to be some sort of internet record.
    Add Pker4Dummies to Rail
    Originally Posted by Magnet Steve View Post

What I don't get is how it is happening in the most important city in America, it's the most blatant case of racial discrimination in policing since Jim Crow, and it's supposedly a hotbed of "progressive" thought, but no one outside the Internet seems to give a single shit.

Oh, people here are pretty sick of it; NYC has always had more than it's share of tension between the authorities and the minority community, but the erosion of freedoms has been on an accelerated scale since the beginning of Giuliani - really, the current wave all began with Dinkins being ultimately doomed by the Crown Heights riots, which Rudy jumped on and used as a racial wedge, then his getting into office and going after the sqeegee men under the 'broken windows' nonsense, turning Times Square into Disney for out of towners, accelerated by the WTC terrorist attacks in '93, and in the aftermath of the 2001 terrorist attacks, it became a runaway train that couldn't any longer be stopped.
    Add kellykip to Rail
  15. Nobody is paying their toll on the metro in Los Angeles. I am worried this is going to lead to an increase in violence, including but not limited to; assaults, domestic violence, armed robbery, rape, murder, arson etc.
    Add Zeppelin to Rail
  16. Was in NYC for work as i usually do once a week. Heard the fat shomer shabbos nerds in my office talkin about the ban and how they were going to get around it.
    Add tkeat1653 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Pker4Dummies View Post

4048 posts and every one of them is abysmal.

I knew you were fuckin gay.
    Add Oh Rale to Rail

dude, skisteve has like 30k posts.......................
    Add Mr. Smith to Rail

Oh Rale
    This message is hidden because Oh Rale is on your ignore list.

View Post
    Remove user from ignore list
    View Post
    Add p00pymcp00perton to Rail
  20. oh now that's just not right, how can I wash down a 1 foot doughnut with only 16oz?

i see no hypocrisy here whatsoever.
    Add ginwilly to Rail
  21. Didn't realize my wife was multi-accounting as Mayor Bloomberg
    Add JKoblyn to Rail