[x]

See Where You Rank in Washington

1. Freedom of speech is overrated. So is freedom of tweet apparently.

Guy loses his job for respectfully supporting someone who opposed same-sex marriage?? Really??

http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/20...-hockey-agent/
  2. As soon as I saw he tweeted that I knew he would be canned.

If you work involves you being a public figure, you know the ramifications of your tweets.
  3. lol queerlovers
    Originally Posted by tkeat1653 View Post

As soon as I saw he tweeted that I knew he would be canned.

If you work involves you being a public figure, you know the ramifications of your tweets.

Pretty much this.
    LOL @ thinking a US organization would do any different.

5. Tweeting is for idiots.

Originally Posted by Paki_Poker View Post

Pretty much this.
    LOL @ thinking a US organization would do any different.

I shouldnt have implied that it would have been different here. Canada gets the LOL because it's fun AND because it is absolutely INSANE for someone to get fired over this.

Imagine what would have happened to Rashard Mendenhall if he lived in Canada and played in the CFL....
    Originally Posted by jetsjets1028 View Post

Imagine what would have happened to Rashard Mendenhall if he lived in Canada and played in the CFL....

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/...orsement-deal/

Same thing.

PS I think you are leveling.

I shouldnt have implied that it would have been different here. Canada gets the LOL because it's fun AND because it is absolutely INSANE for someone to get fired over this.

he wouldn't be famous and no one would care.

and I love the cfl
  9. Now now...the Canadian government has apologized for the CFL on several occasions. :P

Edited By: Paki_Poker May 13th, 2011 at 04:42 PM

10. When keeping it real goes wrong.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/780208/
  11. LOL There are cases of US employees getting canned for things they tweeted or put on Facebook. You may have the freedom to say what you want, but your employer has the right to fire you if your position or views does not represent the companies views or core values.
  12. I agree that they had a right to fire him. I shouldn't have used LOL Canada as the title of the OP.

One could only imagine the thread if say....Sarah Palin fired someone from her office because they were a vocal proponent of same-sex marriage.
  13. Sportsnet fucking sucks anyway
  14. does mean that bigot obama will be fired too? or only if he tweets his beliefs?
  15. What's Y'alls thoughts on Same Sex marriage BTW
    Originally Posted by Popperhead View Post

Sportsnet fucking sucks anyway

THIS.

What's Y'alls thoughts on Same Sex marriage BTW

Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

does mean that bigot obama will be fired too? or only if he tweets his beliefs?

he would say a staff member did it, not himself. Standard lebron move.
  19. this is what these dumbfucks get for tweeting this shit all the time

keep it private you morans

Sportsnet fucking sucks anyway

agreed, only things I watch there are live sports. Jays, Leafs, OHL.

As for Goddard, he should know public tv figures he can't get involved in politics.
    Edited By: TMLMS13 May 13th, 2011 at 07:57 PM
  21. wtf was going on in that CFL highlight. Im confused
    Edited By: ntanygd760 May 14th, 2011 at 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Paki_Poker View Post

Now now...the Canadian government has apologized for the CFL on several occasions. :P

looooooool wtf
    Originally Posted by ntanygd760 View Post

wtf was going on in that CFL highlight. Im confused

Originally Posted by playwithfire05 View Post

looooooool wtf

a touchback is worth 1 point, so they had to get it out of the endzone. And the 5 yard thing, there is no fair catch rule, so you have to be 5 yards away from the person getting the football.
    Edited By: TMLMS13 May 14th, 2011 at 03:13 AM
    Originally Posted by TMLMS13 View Post

a touchback is worth 1 point, so they had to get it out of the endzone. And the 5 yard thing, there is no fair catch rule, so you have to be 5 yards away from the person getting the football.

lol canada

Freedom of speech is overrated. So is freedom of tweet apparently.

]

The 1st does not apply to corporations or other non-govt. entities.
    Originally Posted by tkeat1653 View Post

As soon as I saw he tweeted that I knew he would be canned.

Would he have been fired if he made a tweet in support of gay marriage?

27. Bunch of legal rationalization to justify something that is only affecting two percent of the people. I understand that there are a number of people that deviate from the norm, being that 98 percent of people are attracted to the opposite sex. And that the gays want to be able to do what ever they want whenever they want, with out a stigma being attached to it.

Behavior is not the same as race and reality is we are all of the same race...the human race. The acceptance of certain behaviors are determined by the society that they occur within. Obviously what our society as a whole is willing see as acceptable behavior has changed. So be it. The only question is where will common sense kick in and a line is drawn.

You know that there are pedophiles at this moment, probably professional, intelligent people, wondering what they can do to legitimize their behavior. After all that is another group who sees what they do as completely normal...for them. How long before a pedophile version of Barney Frank is on the hill pushing for little kids to have the right to consent...laugh if you wish or be sick to your stomach like me...but do not be surprised. On the other hand maybe this is as far as sexual deviates will go...I hope so.

After all 2 percent of the population (homosexuals) has changed the perspective of this country radically over the last 20 years....20 years ago no one would have believed what is going on now. And 20 years from now it will probably be worse , from my perspective, at the rate we are going.

I could care less what these people do..unless it directly impacts myself or my family. Just do not ask me do pretend it is normal behavior, because it is not even if they do get married...lol.