[x]

See Where You Rank in Washington

1. First time I've ever tried this stake thing...we'll see how it goes. Here are the rules:

- To qualify, you must have AT LEAST 12 months of P5s membership.

- First post to qualify and answer all five lyrics (song title & artist) wins a stake to the $10+1 30k guaranteed on Stars (50/50 split, PM me when you play so I can keep my eyes open)

- If you qualify, have the first post to answer all five lyrics AND get the two bonus questions gets an upgrade to either the $25+2.50 40k guaranteed on Stars OR a $24+2 MTT on FTP (your choice)

Over the vacation, I did a lot of driving, listening to my trusty XM SkyFi satellite radio. The station I was listening to had a lot of songs I really like...we'll start with an easy one:

Lyric #1:

The graph on the wall tells the story of it all

Lyric #2 (my favorite line from a song ever):

She's filing her nails while they're dragging the lake

Lyric #3:

Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup

Lyric #4:

Julie came and went so fast she didn't even say goodbye

Lyric #5:

All the times I waited patiently for you as you do just what you choose to do

BONUS #1:

What Sirius/XM station was I listening to (name, not number)?

BONUS #2:

What was this station called back in the old XM days?
    Add grapsfan to Rail
  2. Everything Counts - the Beatles

My AIm is True - Elvis Costello

Don't Dream it's Over - Crowded House

88 Lines About 44 Women - The Nails

Alone Again - The Damned (or Gilbert O' Sullivan)

I've never had XM so no bonus for me
    Add Mr. Blonde to Rail
  3. Everything counts depeche mode

Elvis Costello Watching the detectives

Dont dream its over Crowded House

88 lines about 44 women The Nails

Alone again or <SPAN> </SPAN>UFO

80's on 8

Big 80's
    Add Willywoo to Rail
  4. 1. depeche mode- everything counts
    2. elvis costello- watching the detectives
    3. crowded house- don't dream it's over
    4. the nails- 88 lines about 44 women
    5. damned- alone again

working on bonus... gotta get in my car :)
    BONUS
    80s on 8
    big 80's
    Add BamaBlonde to Rail
  5. F me running I swore that everything counts was a beatles cover. I didnt see graps as a depeche mode fan
    Add Mr. Blonde to Rail
    Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post

F me running I swore that everything counts was a beatles cover. I didnt see graps as a depeche mode fan

mr blonde makes me sad. but i knew that and number two cuz duran duran covered number two on the thank you album and its one of my favs. i know them all but im just gonna comment on the obv two... i dun wan a steak cuz i has to be packs soon, but crying at mr blonde.........im even making fmxer go to depeche mode this year.. so happy they're touring w000000000
    Add wowswift to Rail
  7. meh...my wife is a depeche mode fan. And the Cure.
    Add Mr. Blonde to Rail
    Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post

meh...my wife is a depeche mode fan. And the Cure.

go to their concert....its a life experience. and shit, i will go with her lolz you can babysit lolz
    Add wowswift to Rail
  9. google ftw!
    Add gank to Rail
  10. Just want to try the bonus question...

Listening to Lithium which used to be Lucy!
    Add moman1965 to Rail
    Originally Posted by grapsfan View Post

First time I've ever tried this stake thing...we'll see how it goes.

Usually how it works...the OP returns and announces the winner. Unless there was no winner....in which case tell me to gtfo
    Add Mr. Blonde to Rail
  12. I just got home from our trip, and will be sending out the stake shortly to BamaBlonde and WillyWoo. WillyWoo never named the band on #5, but did get the exact title. But I'm still filled with enough holiday spirit to stake Bama and Willy both.

The Damned song is called &quot;Alone Again Or&quot;.

The two bonus answers are &quot;1st Wave&quot; (XM 44, I guess it's 22 on Sirius...at least that's what they kept saying). XM 44 used to be called &quot;Fred&quot;...with &quot;Lucy&quot; and &quot;Ethel&quot; being the other two alternative-ish stations. I thought it was very clever, and the Sirius guys doing the programming are about 1/10th as creative.
    Thread StarterAdd grapsfan to Rail
  13. Oops...I missed Willy's getting the other version of &quot;Alone Again Or&quot; (I didn't know UFO did a version - they wouldn't be on an alternative station). I didn't know Arthur Lee's Love did the original...I always just knew it as a Damned song.

Like I said, I was gonna stake both anyway.

I'll probably post more lyric quizzes from time to time if people promise not to just Google it. They were far more fun pre-Google, on the alt.music UseNet boards.
    Thread StarterAdd grapsfan to Rail
  14. hey graps, you should check out calexico's cover of alone again or...

kind of a desert country band to put a nice twist to it. like there version must better than the damned.
    Add phish42O to Rail