First time I've ever tried this stake thing...we'll see how it goes. Here are the rules:
- To qualify, you must have AT LEAST 12 months of P5s membership.
- First post to qualify and answer all five lyrics (song title & artist) wins a stake to the $10+1 30k guaranteed on stars (50/50 split, PM me when you play so I can keep my eyes open)
- If you qualify, have the first post to answer all five lyrics AND get the two bonus questions gets an upgrade to either the $25+2.50 40k guaranteed on Stars OR a $24+2 MTT on FTP (your choice)
Over the vacation, I did a lot of driving, listening to my trusty XM SkyFi satellite radio. The station I was listening to had a lot of songs I really like...we'll start with an easy one:
The graph on the wall tells the story of it all
Lyric #2 (my favorite line from a song ever):
She's filing her nails while they're dragging the lake
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
Julie came and went so fast she didn't even say goodbye
All the times I waited patiently for you as you do just what you choose to do
What Sirius/XM station was I listening to (name, not number)?
What was this station called back in the old XM days?
Everything counts depeche mode
Elvis Costello Watching the detectives
Dont dream its over Crowded House
88 lines about 44 women The Nails
Alone again or <SPAN> </SPAN>UFO
80's on 8
1. depeche mode- everything counts
2. elvis costello- watching the detectives
3. crowded house- don't dream it's over
4. the nails- 88 lines about 44 women
5. damned- alone again
working on bonus... gotta get in my car :)
80s on 8
Just want to try the bonus question...
Listening to Lithium which used to be Lucy!
I just got home from our trip, and will be sending out the stake shortly to BamaBlonde and WillyWoo. WillyWoo never named the band on #5, but did get the exact title. But I'm still filled with enough holiday spirit to stake Bama and Willy both.
The Damned song is called "Alone Again Or".
The two bonus answers are "1st Wave" (XM 44, I guess it's 22 on Sirius...at least that's what they kept saying). XM 44 used to be called "Fred"...with "Lucy" and "Ethel" being the other two alternative-ish stations. I thought it was very clever, and the Sirius guys doing the programming are about 1/10th as creative.
Oops...I missed Willy's getting the other version of "Alone Again Or" (I didn't know UFO did a version - they wouldn't be on an alternative station). I didn't know Arthur Lee's Love did the original...I always just knew it as a Damned song.
Like I said, I was gonna stake both anyway.
I'll probably post more lyric quizzes from time to time if people promise not to just Google it. They were far more fun pre-Google, on the alt.music UseNet boards.
hey graps, you should check out calexico's cover of alone again or...
kind of a desert country band to put a nice twist to it. like there version must better than the damned.