[x]

See Where You Rank in Washington

1. He really needs to STFU. What an awful idea.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...ory?id=5924399

"The one thing every college football fan wants you can probably create for less than it takes to buy a baseball team."

Yea Mark, we want a 12-16 playoff where you schedule nothing but cupcakes to guarantee a spot in it. 16 would put a 3 loss team in it. LOL.
    Edited By: UGotPwndAgain Dec 16th, 2010 at 06:09 AM
  2. I approve of this idea. Death to the BCS. Ship the playoff please.
  3. whats the problem? are not the top 2 teams in the nation playing for the national title?
  4. I like it but with 8 teams max, not 16, but anything to get rid of the BCS I am pretty much on board for

Originally Posted by BadAllergies View Post

whats the problem? are not the top 2 teams in the nation playing for the national title?

Ask TCU this question and Utah a few years back and Auburn the year they got snubbed.

5. Where does it say the BCS wouldnt exist?
  6. The title of the book "Death to the BCS" should be a hint

Originally Posted by orgnalsooners View Post

I like it but with 8 teams max, not 16, but anything to get rid of the BCS I am pretty much on board for

Ask TCU this question and Utah a few years back and Auburn the year they got snubbed.

I'd ask TCU and Utah and say "do you really think you deserve to be considered with undefeated teams from real conferences? and Auburn, well, its Auburn.

Oh and I support a playoff, but only like 4 teams, not including NAQ teams of course.

The title of the book "Death to the BCS" should be a hint

That what he is reading. How will they choose the 12-16 teams? Cuban will pick?
  9. 16 teams is alot. I love Cuban but idk about 16 teams working. I could see the top 8 at most playing it out and having the other 30 or so bowl games go as usual.
  10. Football isn't a perfect sport. Losses happen. Teams progress and get better as the year goes on. Playoff gives teams chances that got fluked or have progressed after early season loss. The current system where you play your most important game after a month+ layoff is just LOL. I'd love a 12 team system I think that would get enough of your worthy 1-2 loss AQ's and include a few non AQs

I'd ask TCU and Utah and say "do you really think you deserve to be considered with undefeated teams from real conferences? and Auburn, well, its Auburn.

Oh and I support a playoff, but only like 4 teams, not including NAQ teams of course.

Heard the best analogy for a playoff....have it based on numbers....All undefeated teams are in if there SOS is at least( )...All schools .900 and better in the BCS ranking are in. AU/OU/TCU would be in this year....AU getting a bye for being #1.

I think 4 is enough 6 tops.
    Originally Posted by UGotPwndAgain View Post

Heard the best analogy for a playoff....have it based on numbers....All undefeated teams are in if there SOS is at least( )...All schools .900 and better in the BCS ranking are in. AU/OU/TCU would be in this year....AU getting a bye for being #1.

I think 4 is enough 6 tops.

I like the idea of adding a 3rd or more team if needed, but I don't like creating a system where it seems like their is always a backdoor for an undefeated NAQ team to get in.

I like the idea of adding a 3rd or more team if needed, but I don't like creating a system where it seems like their is always a backdoor for an undefeated NAQ team to get in.

Well it was something like SOS .600 or more and I beleive going back Hawaii and Utah would not have been in. Makes them play a tough schedule.
    Edited By: UGotPwndAgain Dec 16th, 2010 at 06:24 AM
    Originally Posted by ttk1149 View Post

16 teams is alot. I love Cuban but idk about 16 teams working. I could see the top 8 at most playing it out and having the other 30 or so bowl games go as usual.

This is exactly what I'd like to see happen.
  15. i like top 16 because arizona would be in the rose bowl
  16. NCAAF already has a playoff and two teams make it in, the two correct teams aswell.

Well it was something like SOS .600 or more and I beleive going back Hawaii and Utah would not have been in. Makes them play a tough schedule.

ok sure, but using this year, no way are auburn and oregon not #1 and #2, so why even muddy the system for situations like this where it worked.

I'm pretty sure if they ever add a playoff, it will be one that includes conf. champions plus at larges. If only we had gone to 4 mega conferences this summer.

18. Zee > Wetzel
  19. found it....

To qualify for the playoffs, a team must earn one of the following:
    1. #1 ranking in the BCS (this team will be the #1 seed)
    2. #2 ranking in the BCS (this team will be the #2 seed)
    3. undefeated record vs. a schedule whose opponents combine for at least a .400 winning percentage*
    4. a BCS rating of .9000 or more
    *2007 Hawaii and 2008 Ball State are the only undefeated teams in the BCS era who would not have qualified.

If more than eight teams qualify, take the top eight, and tell the others to go packing (extremely rare and almost impossible case). Seed the teams based on BCS rankings.
    last year, it would have gone like this:
    December 12: #6 Boise State at #4 TCU

December 19: TCU/BSU at #1 Alabama; #3 Cincinnati at #2 Texas

January 9: TCU/BSU/Alabama vs. Cincinnati/Texas

(#5 Florida did not qualify)

I like it but with 8 teams max, not 16, but anything to get rid of the BCS I am pretty much on board for

I agree with this but I do think it would be more interesting with 16 teams.

Somebody said something about scheduling cupcake teams? That already happens imo and has for a long time.

For a pure football fan which I think of myself as I hate college football right now the way it is. The whole season is a joke. Imagine if the NFL was run that way. The Patriots lost to Cleveland this year. Should they not have a shot at Superbowl if two teams had a better record than them come crunch time?

I am pretty sure it is going to be Patriots and Atlanta in Texas this year anyways but what do I know? dot dot dot... I kind of like Atlanta to win it all tbh...

I really don't care about college football much and probably won't until they give me a reason to. The biggest reason I can think of is having a tournament at the end of the year just like any other sport does.

Leave it up to me to rant and go in other directions with a thread...
  21. Rocket...you are in favor of having a 3 loss team have a chance to play for the title? And having Nevada because of the flukiest play in the history of plays? And why would Bama be in over Nebraska and A&M. All 16 teams would do is cause more of a ruckus.

Also please never reference the NFL to the BCS. LOL. We gonna get bowl games in the NFL?
    Edited By: UGotPwndAgain Dec 16th, 2010 at 06:35 AM

Yea Mark, we want a 12-16 playoff.

You're god damn right we do.

fwiw, Wetzels book outlines a playoff with the 11 conference champions and 5 at large teams.
    Edited By: JoeHead Dec 16th, 2010 at 06:46 AM
  23. not fair that 20 win CBB teams get to play for the title
  24. The NFL guys like the structure and can't wrap their heads around what college football is.
    Where an NFL team can miss the playoffs and its wait til next year.
    In college a 6-6 team might have an extra game to look forward to thats fun for the school and fan bases.
    Edited By: BadAllergies Dec 16th, 2010 at 06:40 AM
  25. So you're saying you don't want marquee CFB match ups every weekend of December?

Try using this little widget ESPN has that simulates a 16 team match up. Each game would be awesome and intriguing and any team that manages to run through that gauntlet is more than deserving of being crown national champ.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls10/bracket

And can you imagine if they did it like Cuban proposed where at least the first two rounds are played at the home stadiums? Even with students gone for vacation each place would be nuts. I just don't get how anybody can be opposed to this.

And mind you the teams that don't make the tournament can still play in bowl games. This isn't about eradicating the whole bowl tradition but rather creating a more sensible way to choose a national champion.
    Edited By: winwin07 Dec 16th, 2010 at 06:45 AM
  26. Of the 16 teams....10 of them or from 3 conferences. (Using the BCS ranking). That wouldnt fly with the other conferences.
    Originally Posted by winwin07 View Post

And can you imagine if they did it like Cuban proposed where at least the first two rounds are played at the home stadiums? Even with students gone for vacation each place would be nuts. I just don't get how anybody can be opposed to this.

While the extra games would be awesome, the current system is giving us a true 1 vs 2 for a championship in 1 bowl game. No one will say they wouldn't want to see all those games be played, but at some point the regular season matters and is essentially the playoff.
  28. IMO, any playoff system that would have VTech in it should be killed right away. Dont care how they are playing now...they lost to James Madison.
    Edited By: UGotPwndAgain Dec 16th, 2010 at 06:50 AM

While the extra games would be awesome, the current system is giving us a true 1 vs 2 for a championship in 1 bowl game. No one will say they wouldn't want to see all those games be played, but at some point the regular season matters and is essentially the playoff.

But why does this logic only apply to CFB? Or should every sport do away with their playoffs?

The NFL guys like the structure and can't wrap their heads around what college football is.
    Where an NFL team can miss the playoffs and its wait til next year.
    In college a 6-6 team might have an extra game to look forward to thats fun for the school and fan bases.

If college guys ran the NFL, the season would end today... the Patriots and Falcons would play for the Superbowl, while the Rams and Raiders played in the Super 8 Motel Bowl.

Sounds riveting.

IMO, any playoff system that would have VTech in it should be killed right away. Dont care how they are playing now...they lost to James Madison.

Patriots lost to the Browns. They should be banned from the playoffsl.

Good logic.
    Edited By: Jaybone2315 Dec 16th, 2010 at 06:54 AM