[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

  1.  
    Originally Posted by ECUgirl View Post

    Exactly... ?

    you almost agreed with me earlier but then said, "....I agree with whoever said it's not black and white. Obviously, nobody wants to see a rape victim suffer any more than they already have." and it almost sounded like you thought a rape-baby is OK to kill.

    I can appreciate the "it's a baby" view if the holder of that view is consistent enough to follow through and say "no abortion for rape-babies either". it is either a baby that shouldn't be killed or it isn't a baby at all.
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
  2.  
    Originally Posted by XquiziVex View Post

    Caveladies didn't abort.

    this is not true. no time for a full response.
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
  3.  
    Originally Posted by EyeKnows View Post

    you almost agreed with me earlier but then said, "....I agree with whoever said it's not black and white. Obviously, nobody wants to see a rape victim suffer any more than they already have." and it almost sounded like you thought a rape-baby is OK to kill.

    I can appreciate the "it's a baby" view if the holder of that view is consistent enough to follow through and say "no abortion for rape-babies either". it is either a baby that shouldn't be killed or it isn't a baby at all.

    I said it's not black and white, because, as a woman, the idea of carrying to term and then giving birth to a baby from a rape sounds extremely difficult and unpleasant. My comments in no way said that I thought it was ok to kill an unborn child in the womb, as I said, why make two victims where there's already one? But that doesn't mean I don't feel compassion for a woman who would ever be faced with that situation and that I think she's a horrible person for not wanting to have the baby. I've mentioned before that I had an unplanned pregnancy, and while I would never consider abortion an option under any circumstances (even rape), I can feel compassion and empathy for someone in that situation. That doesn't change the fact that, for me, whether its the product of rape or consensual sex, it's still an innocent unborn baby.
    1
    Add ECUgirl to Rail
  4.  
    Originally Posted by ECUgirl View Post

    lol They don't? Above_films admitted that she doesn't think liberals/progressives vote for their candidate even if they admit to some assinine belief system. She flat out said that she's only seen conservatives do it. She's not the only one I've seen make this argument. I'm not just talking about people in OT, but people in my personal life that excuse everything that a person in their party does, but turns around and makes comments about the other side doing it. Keep reading, buddy. It seems to me that people aren't aware that they're doing it, so the ones who do it don't realize it.

    lol ok
    Thread StarterAdd cmval to Rail
  5. u really have to have some disgusting values to think a woman should be forced to keep the baby of her rapist.
    Add AMARTIN1181 to Rail
  6.  
    Originally Posted by AMARTIN1181 View Post

    u really have to have some disgusting values to think a woman should be forced to keep the baby of her rapist.

    but Gods plan is Gods plan

    how dare you think differently
    Thread StarterAdd cmval to Rail
  7.  
    Originally Posted by AMARTIN1181 View Post

    u really have to have some disgusting values to think a woman should be forced to keep the baby of her rapist.

    She can give it up for adoption. We are talking about small numbers here anyways. I say, if she didn't go to the hospital immediately and swallow plan b pills, she needs to take care of the life inside of her. It made it that far. It beat the odds to even become an actual pregnancy. Maybe she'll end up loving it as her own after its born.
    Add (oIo) to Rail
  8. Add cminer25 to Rail
  9.  
    Originally Posted by XquiziVex View Post

    We wouldn't be where we are as a species without rape.

    Prostitution : oldest profession : : rape : oldest crime.

    Caveladies didn't abort.

    Just figured I stop in to point this out.

    I disagree with this. It doesn't make evolutionary sense. Rape babies I think would be less likely to survive into adulthood for many reasons.
    Add (oIo) to Rail
  10.  
    Originally Posted by JJDude View Post

    Obv the vagina is able to discern good dick vs bad dick. When a bad dick is detected, an alarm sounds inside and the walls of the vagina begin a purging mechanism keeping all sperm away from any eggs. In fact the egg goes into a safe room in the lower abdomen until the purging is completed. If the egg is found to be fertile the backup plan kicks in. A combination of Coke(TM) and Mentos(TM) is released from each ovary.

    ^ this
    Add Gosselinator to Rail
  11.  
    Originally Posted by (oIo) View Post

    I disagree with this. It doesn't make evolutionary sense. Rape babies I think would be less likely to survive into adulthood for many reasons.

    Of course, with your current social programming you would think this. Do you seriously think that 15,000 years ago bitches really had a choice? Alpha males got what they wanted when they wanted. Having rape babies was more than likely the social norm.

    There were probably a lot of beta babies that slipped through the cracks, but more than likely the head cheese had the most babies.
    Edited By: XquiziVex Aug 22nd, 2012 at 06:10 PM
    Add XquiziVex to Rail
  12. your rapist didn't make that rapebaby, the government did. let the government stop being such a deadbeat and pay for the abortion imo
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
  13.  
    Originally Posted by XquiziVex View Post

    Of course, with your current social programming you would think this. Do you seriously think that 15,000 years ago bitches really had a choice? Alpha males got what they wanted when they wanted. Having rape babies was more than likely the social norm.

    There were probably a lot of beta babies that slipped through the cracks, but more than likely the head cheese had the most babies.


    How many offspring can an alpha male protect and provide for at one time? In smaller groups, how would inbreeding affect the group in the forthcoming decades? Did you know that when sperm enter the vagina, they can detect the presence of other sperm and defend against the new sperm reaching the egg? How did that mechanism come about? For an egg to get fertilized and attach to the uterus wall, the ladies hormones need to be at the right levels or it doesn't attach. Many women to this day do become pregnant and their body aborts the fertilized egg because the body is not in the right state. Evolutionarily speaking if the body is in a big state of stress, then pregnancy probably isn't very advantageous to society.


    Also, if rape was an evolutionary trait, then it would be common to have thoughts of raping chicks all the time and rape would be more prevalent in successful societies.
    Add (oIo) to Rail
  14.  
    Originally Posted by (oIo) View Post

    She can give it up for adoption. We are talking about small numbers here anyways. I say, if she didn't go to the hospital immediately and swallow plan b pills, she needs to take care of the life inside of her. It made it that far. It beat the odds to even become an actual pregnancy. Maybe she'll end up loving it as her own after its born.


    or maybe she'll abuse it for 18 years as it becomes the embodiment of the man that raped her and forced her to take care of a child she never wanted in the first place.
    Add AMARTIN1181 to Rail
  15.  
    Originally Posted by ECUgirl View Post

    .. I have a problem with punishing an innocent human being for the sins and crimes of its father...

    kind of like all of us born sinners because Eve couldn't resist the stupid apple? :) not trying to derail, it was just too easy
    Add MustbeMoore to Rail
  16.  
    Originally Posted by (oIo) View Post

    I disagree with this. It doesn't make evolutionary sense. Rape babies I think would be less likely to survive into adulthood for many reasons.

    See Genghis Khan genetic lineage. Read a story about how 1/200 people are decedents of Khan. Rape and pillage is pretty successful genetic proliferation strategy. Conquering armies have impacting regional gene-pools all over the world.
    Add pistol45 to Rail
  17. Rape isn't an evolutionary trait, but more of a social behavior.

    Pretty sure if modern society didn't frown upon rape and impose serious social/legal consequences, it would probably be an everyday occurrence for women... especially attractive women.
    Add XquiziVex to Rail
  18.  
    Originally Posted by (oIo) View Post

    How many offspring can an alpha male protect and provide for at one time? In smaller groups, how would inbreeding affect the group in the forthcoming decades? Did you know that when sperm enter the vagina, they can detect the presence of other sperm and defend against the new sperm reaching the egg? How did that mechanism come about? For an egg to get fertilized and attach to the uterus wall, the ladies hormones need to be at the right levels or it doesn't attach. Many women to this day do become pregnant and their body aborts the fertilized egg because the body is not in the right state. Evolutionarily speaking if the body is in a big state of stress, then pregnancy probably isn't very advantageous to society.

    this entire statement is a misapplication of various (related and unrelated) facts.
    Add Neeek to Rail
  19. what in the fuck is going on on this page?
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  20.  
    Originally Posted by XquiziVex View Post

    Rape isn't an evolutionary trait, but more of a social behavior.

    Pretty sure if modern society didn't frown upon rape and impose serious social/legal consequences, it would probably be an everyday occurrence for women... especially attractive women.

    Anthropologists can often explain how social behaviors are often rooted in evolution. There are not many behaviors I could think of that would be more likely to be genetically favored. Prolific rapists would be far more successful than monogamous couples. While it is likely that a baby fathered by a rapist might not be the favored child in the family, terminating the pregnancy would be a social behavior (again favored to counter the rapist's genes). Infanticide is fairly common.
    Add pistol45 to Rail
  21. Yes, after further consideration of your post and mine, rape would definitely be an evolutionary trait in a prehistoric context. However, it seems that societal pressure since the dawn of civilization (along with the invention of lotion/porn) has quelled the outward expression of rape.
    Add XquiziVex to Rail
  22.  
    Originally Posted by ECUgirl View Post

    I said it's not black and white, because, as a woman, the idea of carrying to term and then giving birth to a baby from a rape sounds extremely difficult and unpleasant. My comments in no way said that I thought it was ok to kill an unborn child in the womb, as I said, why make two victims where there's already one? But that doesn't mean I don't feel compassion for a woman who would ever be faced with that situation and that I think she's a horrible person for not wanting to have the baby. I've mentioned before that I had an unplanned pregnancy, and while I would never consider abortion an option under any circumstances (even rape), I can feel compassion and empathy for someone in that situation. That doesn't change the fact that, for me, whether its the product of rape or consensual sex, it's still an innocent unborn baby.

    I applaud and appreciate your consistency, it seems to be a rare thing for the anti-choice crowd.

    if your mantra is, "it's a child, abortion is murder" then there can be no gray area. of all the subjects that are indeed "black and white" this is about as clearly b & w as it gets.

    I think the big take-home point of this is the folks that can carve out an exception for the rape victim to allow the killing of an "unborn-baby" can't possibly believe their own drivel "it's a baby, abortion is murder" or they couldn't make such an exception.

    edit - "drivel" to them since they don't believe it but are happy to spew it.
    Edited By: EyeKnows Aug 22nd, 2012 at 08:27 PM
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
  23.  
    Originally Posted by cmval View Post

    but Gods plan is Gods plan

    how dare you think differently

    No, he's allowed to think differently, and I don't think I've been closed-minded to other people's opinions itt. It seems to me that it's the other way around. I can completely see both sides of the issue.

    Keep in mind that having an abortion doesn't make the rape go away. I've read some accounts of women who've had abortions after a rape and they report feeling revictimized by the abortion. Either way, if you get raped and become pregnant from it, you're going to have A LOT to overcome, no matter what happens to the pregnancy. Anyone who thinks abortion is an easy, quick fix without emotional ramifications is being naive.

    **By the way, I love how you consistently respond to me with disdain, yet feel you have a right to speak for me and put words in my mouth. It's odd. Your responses make me wonder what happened to you to cause you to be so angry and bitter.
    Edited By: ECUgirl Aug 22nd, 2012 at 08:27 PM
    1
    Add ECUgirl to Rail
  24.  
    Originally Posted by ECUgirl View Post

    No, he's allowed to think differently, and I don't think I've been closed-minded to other people's opinions itt. It seems to me that it's the other way around. I can completely see both sides of the issue.

    Keep in mind that having an abortion doesn't make the rape go away. I've read some accounts of women who've had abortions after a rape and they report feeling revictimized by the abortion. Either way, if you get raped and become pregnant from it, you're going to have A LOT to overcome, no matter what happens to the pregnancy. Anyone who thinks abortion is an easy, quick fix without emotional ramifications is being naive.

    **By the way, I love how you consistently respond to me with disdain, yet feel you have a right to speak for me and put words in my mouth. It's odd. Your responses make me wonder what happened to you to cause you to be so angry and bitter.

    People attack you waiting for the day you snap and start calling them cock-sucking cunts.
    Add pistol45 to Rail
  25.  
    Originally Posted by EyeKnows View Post

    it is either a child (as claimed) or it isn't.

    if it is a child then why can we kill this particular child?

    just stop claiming in one breath they are innocent "children" and with the same breath tell me it is OK to kill an innocent "child". you can't have it both ways.

    sure you can. what if an "innocent baby" being born will kill the mom? be rational

     
    Originally Posted by EyeKnows View Post

    I disagree.

    and it is not my claim, it is their claim. they are so adamant about fertilized eggs being "innocent babies" that are being murdered but then they say it's ok to murder some babies. you can't have it both ways.

    yes, they are consistent, but:

     
    Originally Posted by AMARTIN1181 View Post

    u really have to have some disgusting values to think a woman should be forced to keep the baby of her rapist.

    this.
    Edited By: norcaljeff Aug 22nd, 2012 at 09:26 PM
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  26.  
    Originally Posted by ECUgirl View Post

    No, he's allowed to think differently, and I don't think I've been closed-minded to other people's opinions itt. It seems to me that it's the other way around. I can completely see both sides of the issue.

    Keep in mind that having an abortion doesn't make the rape go away. I've read some accounts of women who've had abortions after a rape and they report feeling revictimized by the abortion. Either way, if you get raped and become pregnant from it, you're going to have A LOT to overcome, no matter what happens to the pregnancy. Anyone who thinks abortion is an easy, quick fix without emotional ramifications is being naive.

    **By the way, I love how you consistently respond to me with disdain, yet feel you have a right to speak for me and put words in my mouth. It's odd. Your responses make me wonder what happened to you to cause you to be so angry and bitter.

    God sent me here so you can prove your love for him
    Thread StarterAdd cmval to Rail
  27.  
    Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

    sure you can. what if an "innocent baby" being born will kill the mom? be rational

    lol @ me be rational, it's their argument.

    and your example has nothing to do with the rape-baby argument. unless you are talking about the rape-baby that is threatening the life of the mother. that introduces new things to consider. but again, it's not my argument, it is theirs/(yours? idk really), ask them/(yourself?).


    yes, they are consistent, but:

    I hope you meant "inconsistent", don't know how you could have meant consistent.

    this.

    obviously I agree. I think it's none of my business.

    .
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
  28. Interesting take on this from Rachel Maddow last night. I know conservatives hate her, and Im not expecting her piece to change anyones mind about abortion. What is interesting about the piece is her take on how this abortion issue could have an effect on the election based on how the Akin/Ryan/Romney take on abortion went over in a recent vote on "personhood" in Mississippi.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s59zJetp8Kk
    Edited By: killingbird Aug 22nd, 2012 at 09:55 PM
    Reason: i miss the good ole days hen you could embed video
     
    6
    Add killingbird to Rail
  29. let me clarify (def unclear in the second part above, so:)

    the pieces of shit that are against all abortions and say a mom should have to carry her rape baby to term are consistent.

    I'm saying it isn't so inconsistent to say "except in certain cases." As making someone carry a rapebaby is fucking retarded, as is forcing some mom to die so the kid can live. if we can make exceptions for health of the mother, we can make exceptions for the health/mental health of a rapee who had no say in having sex. Therefore, it is consistent to say that someone can be against abortions except in cases of rape/incest/health of the mother. Is it still a baby? Sure, but there are other more important factors. gg kid. cold-decked imo
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  30. lol 15 minutes. cliffs? actually, nvm. I mean...
    Edited By: norcaljeff Aug 22nd, 2012 at 09:57 PM
    Add norcaljeff to Rail