[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. You know Mitt must be a horrible choice for president if even I am leaning towards Obama unless RP somehow miraculous gets the nom.
    Add cmval to Rail
  2. i only open a select few members threads matt qualifies because hes awesome and cant play beer pong but this has just cemented the fact that i will not give anything to do with politics the time of day
    (in this forum)
    Edited By: 213 Jan 18th, 2012 at 06:53 AM

Add 213 to Rail
    Originally Posted by 213 View Post

i only open a select few members threads matt qualifies because hes awesome and cant play beer pong but this has just cemented the fact that i will not give anything to do with politics the time of day
    (in this forum)

Because you aren't knowledgeable enough to debate the issues or because you just don't care?
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  4. I hate it when people dont care enough to argue online.
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
    Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

I hate it when people dont care enough to argue online.

LOL don't you? It's so infuriating!
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  6. I can't stand Romney but can we quit with the whole "he only pays a 15% tax rate" bullshit? It isn't true. Romney owns companies. He gets paid dividends based upon the profits of those companies. The profits of those companies are taxed at 35% prior to Romney getting any cut. In effect he really pays close to 40% on the income he'd get if there was no corporate tax. Such mischaracterizations...
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  7. Obama just shut down the Keystone Project. I'd probably vote for Santorum at this point. My head is going to explode over Obama's idiocy.
    Add XquiziVex to Rail
    Originally Posted by XquiziVex View Post

Obama just shut down the Keystone Project. I'd probably vote for Santorum at this point. My head is going to explode over Obama's idiocy.

He wants to delay it until after the election so he won't offend his base prior to then. In other words, his job is more important than anyone else's.
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  9. Ok, but he's the one who brought the 15% figure up. Just sayin.

"It's probably closer to the 15 percent rate than anything."

-- Mitt Romney, talking to the media about on the tax rate he pays on his income.

edit: and im salty about the fact that no one has said anything about the goldmine i posted on the last page.
    Edited By: The Precedent Jan 18th, 2012 at 09:46 PM
    Add The Precedent to Rail
    Originally Posted by The Precedent View Post

Ok, but he's the one who brought the 15% figure up. Just sayin.

"It's probably closer to the 15 percent rate than anything."

-- Mitt Romney, talking to the media about on the tax rate he pays on his income.

He was being too truthful and not spinning it at all. If his handlers were smart they'd bring up the fact that his investments get their profits taxed before he gets his cut and gets taxed. The media is too lazy to think that deep. Its the same thing with Buffett but again, the media is too lazy to call him out on the fact that he actually pays a higher rate than his secretary when including the taxes on corporate profits.
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
    Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post

I can't stand Romney but can we quit with the whole "he only pays a 15% tax rate" bullshit? It isn't true. Romney owns companies. He gets paid dividends based upon the profits of those companies. The profits of those companies are taxed at 35% prior to Romney getting any cut. In effect he really pays close to 40% on the income he'd get if there was no corporate tax. Such mischaracterizations...

I was under the impression that a majority of his money comes from investments. It will be interesting to see his tax form when (if) he releases it.

Originally Posted by XquiziVex View Post

Obama just shut down the Keystone Project. I'd probably vote for Santorum at this point. My head is going to explode over Obama's idiocy.

No way in hell I would vote for Santorum but not passing the pipeline was a huge mistake by Obama. Not as bad as signing the NDAA, but yet another big step towards not winning in 2012
    Add MustbeMoore to Rail
    Originally Posted by Geoff Moore View Post

I was under the impression that a majority of his money comes from investments. It will be interesting to see his tax form when (if) he releases it.

"My income comes overwhelmingly from some investments made in the past, rather than ordinary income or earned annual income."

-- Mitt Romney
    Originally Posted by Geoff Moore View Post

It does. What do you think he invests in?
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  14. Reuters notes that it's not just Mitt Romney's low 15% tax rate that might deter him from releasing his tax returns. "His vast Fortune is invested in dozens of funds linked to Bain Capital LLC, the powerhouse private equity firm he co-founded and led for 15 years. Several Bain funds have offshore connections and take advantage of tax breaks used only by the U.S. financial elite... Bain funds in which Romney is invested are scattered from Delaware to the Cayman Islands and Bermuda, Ireland and Hong Kong, according to a Reuters analysis of securities filings."
  15. Article I found that reflects Romney's character:

It might be unseemly to bring this up just as Mitt Romney celebrates his win in New Hampshire on Tuesday night and seems to be a strong front-runner for the GOP nomination. But the story of his putting his dog in a carrier on his car roof for a 12-hour family trip is spreading again on the Internet and disturbs me the more I learn about it.
    Edited By: chs3rd Jan 18th, 2012 at 10:27 PM
    Reason: not my words:
    Add chs3rd to Rail
  16. If this has already been posted, I apologize.

http://news.yahoo.com/opposition-fil...094643763.html

contains McCain's file on Romney from 2008 campaign.
    Edited By: TheSilentBob Jan 18th, 2012 at 10:03 PM
    Add TheSilentBob to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheSilentBob View Post

If this has already been posted, i apologize.

contains the McCain Romney file from 2008 campaign.

less than a full page ago
  18. Still don't see it but was just looking for the same link. Oh well/
    Add TheSilentBob to Rail

McCain's Oppo File on Romney

Found online: Sen. John McCain's entire 200 page opposition research file on Mitt Romney from the 2008 GOP presidential campaign.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/78582788/M...2008-Oppo-File

20. It's better in the context of an article that explains what it is in case you don't want to read it so I think my post still adds to your thread. My work here is done.
    Add TheSilentBob to Rail

It's better in the context of an article that explains what it is in case you don't want to read it so I think my post still adds to your thread. My work here is done.

you hear peyton might retire today? #skyisfalling
  22. I did hear that. Will await official word but I've thought he was done for quite some time now. Will be a sad, sad day when it becomes official.

It's like it's 97 again...
    Add TheSilentBob to Rail

Reuters notes that it's not just Mitt Romney's low 15% tax rate that might deter him from releasing his tax returns. "His vast Fortune is invested in dozens of funds linked to Bain Capital LLC, the powerhouse private equity firm he co-founded and led for 15 years. Several Bain funds have offshore connections and take advantage of tax breaks used only by the U.S. financial elite... Bain funds in which Romney is invested are scattered from Delaware to the Cayman Islands and Bermuda, Ireland and Hong Kong, according to a Reuters analysis of securities filings."

lolz

I mean, it's well within his right to take advantage of every tax break he can, and frankly he would be a terrible business person if he didn't, but it sure won't look very good in the public eye when all these off-shore investments and tax havens are revealed. Maybe he really did create 120,000 jobs with Bain, its just that the majority of those jobs weren't in america. Woops.
    Add saxman to Rail
    Originally Posted by chs3rd View Post

Article I found that reflects Romney's character:

It might be unseemly to bring this up just as Mitt Romney celebrates his win in New Hampshire on Tuesday night and seems to be a strong front-runner for the GOP nomination. But the story of his putting his dog in a carrier on his car roof for a 12-hour family trip is spreading again on the Internet and disturbs me the more I learn about it.

Lol... Tha fuck is wrong with this dude?

Leet8s needs to explain this shit fast.
    Add phish42O to Rail
  25. another newt gem:

If this has already been posted, I apologize.

contains McCain's file on Romney from 2008 campaign.

I helped write this. :)
    Add Pghfan987 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Pghfan987 View Post

I helped write this. :)

You worked on the McCain campaign?
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
    Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post

You worked on the McCain campaign?

I was the War Room supervisor at night when we went 24 hours in the summer of 2007.
    Add Pghfan987 to Rail
  29. tell us some stories
    Originally Posted by Pghfan987 View Post

I was the War Room supervisor at night when we went 24 hours in the summer of 2007.

I used to kind of like McCain back when I thought he was somewhat independent. Too bad he sold out.
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 74 5 6 7