[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Didnt know or care but knew it was bad. how bad is 637 out of curiosity??

I'm getting bombarded by credit consulation companies right now and they all seem like a scam to me.
    Add whitealroker to Rail
  2. Its not terrible(not great either). You could def. buy a house with that credit score as long as your debt to income ratio is fine. But yea its really not that bad.
    Add The_matrix to Rail
  3. It's not good but it's not all that bad, either. Still, I wouldn't be buying any PS3's if I were you.
    Add timthegem to Rail
  4. mine is 705 whats that mean
    Add Cmoney3 to Rail
    Originally Posted by whitealroker View Post

Didnt know or care

Add kidrockin to Rail
  6. I 95% of the time pay my bills on time.

Problem is i have 22K in maxed out credit cards i'm just making minimum payments on each month except for a 6K which i'm currently paying double to get it paid off.
    Thread StarterAdd whitealroker to Rail
  7. It means you're better than WAR but not as good as me.
    Add timthegem to Rail
    Originally Posted by kidrockin View Post

Originally Posted by kidrockin View Post

Didnt know or care

I'm just saying only reason i KNOW now is cause some guy told me over the phone trying to do this consulation thing. I never have tried to find out why.
  9. Wait, did he call you out of the blue and give you that information or did you ask to be contacted?
    Add timthegem to Rail
  10. credit scores are for suckers
    Add LDM to Rail
    Originally Posted by timthegem View Post

Wait, did he call you out of the blue and give you that information or did you ask to be contacted?

called me out of the blue. been getting 3-4 a week and I only answer the phone like 20% off the time.

all of those compaines like scams. I will pay off my debt when i get deep in a WSOP or get the dee dee house money
  12. Awww hell, here we go with that one! ^^
    Add HK_MP5N to Rail
  13. What is an average credit score for a 21 year old student? What is the average for americans in general? Mine is 765 but I don't really know how good this is compared to others my age.

Add Frank1The1Tank to Rail
    Originally Posted by Frank1The1Tank View Post

What is an average credit score for a 21 year old student? What is the average for americans in general? Mine is 765 but I don't really know how good this is compared to others my age.

765 is good, but you are getting inflated credit for being a student. credit scores consider education as investment/income and since you probably arent paying a lot of debt, you have nothing to weight your score down. the thing about your score, specifically, is that your 765 is a lot different than a 35 year olds 765 because they would have a lot more credit history. so the # is only part of the equation. the length of time you have had a good credit score, employment and verifiable income are also weighted factors. none of it really matters too much unless you need a car loan or mortgage.
    Add heavykiddy to Rail
  15. I think average is about 730.

called me out of the blue. been getting 3-4 a week and I only answer the phone like 20% off the time.

all of those compaines like scams. I will pay off my debt when i get deep in a WSOP or get the dee dee house money

The call you got is a con artist. Do not confirm anything he tells you or answer any of his questions.

If you have; I suggest contacting all three credit agencies and putting a lock on everything.
    Add Donkallionaire to Rail
    Originally Posted by heavykiddy View Post

765 is good, but you are getting inflated credit for being a student. credit scores consider education as investment/income and since you probably arent paying a lot of debt, you have nothing to weight your score down. the thing about your score, specifically, is that your 765 is a lot different than a 35 year olds 765 because they would have a lot more credit history. so the # is only part of the equation. the length of time you have had a good credit score, employment and verifiable income are also weighted factors. none of it really matters too much unless you need a car loan or mortgage.

This is pretty spot on here for the most part.

Thing is and many forget this, credit becomes a contributing factor in many other parts of our lives than purchasing homes and cars. Opening bank accounts, buying car insurance, background checks for employment and that is just a few items of plenty more.
    Add HK_MP5N to Rail
  18. My credit score is 680 and I'm no longer enrolled, does that take off my CS so it's not inflated? I've also already paid off a 4 year car loan which doesn't do anything for my CS because It was my colladeral put up (this is correct thinking right?), pretty much sucks lol. I don't really understand how you get a good credit score when your young without student loans or something, curious topic. I'm 20 fwiw.

Goofy>Denver>Dallas>AIDS>MyJob
    Add MyJobisYou to Rail
    Originally Posted by LDM View Post

credit scores are for suckers

Add Hoosier Daddy to Rail
  20. would you rather i worded it "dumb asses"?
    Add LDM to Rail
  21. LOL, can just simply agree to disagree. I appreciate the points those make against the having a FICO and such, I just disagree but as long as it works for you that is all that matters.
    Add HK_MP5N to Rail
  22. that's fine, but it's really not an opinion. it's math.
    Add LDM to Rail
  23. im in the middle of refinancing.. found out my score was 790...
    Add MBus28 to Rail
  24. It's not a bad score. Won't get you a house but qualifies you for cards and such. A really good score is 775 or so. These are people who never miss a payment but may overdraw their checking or the like at times.

Mine is above this......but I'm not at liberty to discuss further.
    Add raisethis2 to Rail
  25. HK is a well rounded dude - He knows his shit! heavy was pretty spot on. Most of the comments in this thread are hilarious!

Almost everything these days factors in your credit score not just buying a home or credit cards. Even the gas man wants to see what your credit is and if it is not up to their standards they want a deposit. A good credit score is something very important and is not something to not give a shit about. My credit is in the mid 700 range (own a home, credit cards, one vehicle and pay all my bills on or before they are due) but thats because of finally paying attention to bills and not paying the minimum.

Credit cards are one of the best ways to build credit (younger age) but it also can kick you in your ass. If you are only paying the minimum payment every month this is not helping your credit out to much (they say to atleast pay 3x of the minmum - due to interest and other factors). If you pay these off every month then it is bumping it up really good. I pay my AMEX off in full every month and I put everything on it.
    Add CrownMyCoke to Rail
  26. I really doubt the average to be 730 - Actually no way in hell. I would say in the 660-680 range.
    Add CrownMyCoke to Rail
    Originally Posted by CrownMyCoke View Post

I really doubt the average to be 730 - Actually no way in hell. I would say in the 660-680 range.

^^^^^^^

I<3 john compton
    Add towman1 to Rail
  28. Dude, making minimum payments on credit cards is absurd. It will take years to pay off, and cost you thousands extra.
    Add Spiltbongwater to Rail
  29. WAR and anyone else who wants credit info...

myfico.com is a great resource for credit info. 637 is top of the poor end, getting to ok. A FICO score is basically a quick, easy way to score your likelihood to default on an obligation. It is insanely easy to manipulate with your revolving debt (credit cards). For the people who charge on the card and payoff the balance in full, it only matters when your cc accounts report to the credit bureaus. If they report when you are using 50% of the balance, your score is based on that. It doesn't matter if you paid it off it is all about the info reported.

Job, salary, race, in school means nothing. Credit scores don't factor that in. It is payment history, account types, utulization of accounts, and length of credit history those are the big factors to your score. Remember it is all about how likely you are to default. If your maxed out on several cards/all cards you look to be in financial trouble and your score will reflect that (War). If you haven't borrowed from anyone lately, it could lower your score.

cliff notes: myfico.com
    Add ggwscout to Rail
  30. If i didnt gamble ONE YEAR i could be close to being out of debt. that year would have to be while still living cost free at my parents house. so i'm running out of time