[x]

See Where You Rank in Washington

Originally Posted by jetman4109 View Post

stop calling it ball golf. its just golf

Originally Posted by ugain2004 View Post

Jetman is right, its not ball golf, its Golf. Disc Golf is always referred to as disc golf because its a variation of the game of Golf (I guess). Don't know why you "disc golfers" take offense to that.

I use the more derisive term, "stick-golf".
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
    Originally Posted by I Fold View Post

Apparently youve never thrown one of these. Its a fucking laser beam and goes on for ever.

Yeah I haven't, my bad, was thinking it was something else. Still pretty curious to see just how far they do go.
    Edited By: voorh33s Mar 1st, 2012 at 10:40 PM
    Add voorh33s to Rail
  3. Congrats! Got my first three aces last year..been playing a few yrs and play a decent amount of pdga events...best game there is.

Originally Posted by EyeKnows View Post

and 175 is not the weight limit for disc golf discs, there might not be a weigh limit per se, I think there is a weight/diameter ratio limit, I am not going to look it up.

175 is the max weight for drivers (and I think putters), midrange discs can go up to 180.

Buying used discs is often the way to go so you can get one that's already perfectly seasoned. I have a ton of discs for sell, some of which go up to about $100. That's the cool thing about discs is that some are old and collectors items - you can get over 1k for the right one.
    Add KingPariah to Rail
  4. grats OP, welcome to the club.
    Add Reech to Rail
    Originally Posted by KingPariah View Post

Congrats! Got my first three aces last year..been playing a few yrs and play a decent amount of pdga events...best game there is.

175 is the max weight for drivers (and I think putters), midrange discs can go up to 180.

Buying used discs is often the way to go so you can get one that's already perfectly seasoned. I have a ton of discs for sell, some of which go up to about $100. That's the cool thing about discs is that some are old and collectors items - you can get over 1k for the right one.

sigh, fuck you making me look this up..

there is more here; http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/...8_1_11.doc.pdf

(1) have a circular, saucer-like configuration, with a flight plate unbroken by perforations and an
    underside inner rim depth that is between 5 and 12 percent of the outside disc diameter. The flight plate
    is defined as the upper (or dorsal) section of the disc, which is delineated by the points where the inner
    rim depth is measured. The saucer-like configuration requires a significant degree of asymmetry
    between the upper and lower sections, resulting in distinct top and bottom sides of the disc;

(2) be made of solid, non-magnetic plastic material, without any inflatable components;

(3) not be less than 21 cm in outside disc diameter, nor exceed 30 cm in outside disc diameter;

(4) not exceed 8.3 g per cm of outside disc diameter;

(5) not exceed a maximum weight of 200 g
    Edited By: EyeKnows Mar 2nd, 2012 at 01:52 AM
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
    Add nagnog to Rail
  7. what sorry?
    Add iansmithca to Rail
  8. Congrats.

lol at all the phags hating on DG itt.
    Add Purple Jesus to Rail
    Originally Posted by Sandman_Good View Post

Your excitement says it all. Good for you.

But gotta tell ya..no one is gonna open this up and expect a frisbee game.

I love the "I picked up a driver last week" line. )

Id like to play this someday. I drive past a course couple times a week.

and are those crocs bro? please tell me they are not.

I said to my self "this better be about disc golf" and it was.

nice ace man, good shit, I've never gotten one. I have heard my disc hit the edge countless times tho and when I get to the basket it's not in.
    Add sXeffects to Rail