[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. I get goosebumps every time this guy talks. Here he lays out an argument for why the budget of NASA should be doubled. He claims that the dreams and aspirations of a space program inspire innovation that will lead to economic prosperity.

On a related note, the $850 billion bank bailout is greater than the combined 50 year running budget of NASA.
  2. NdGT is the fucking man
  3. Who is this nog. I've never heard of him
  4. Edited By: Willywoo May 4th, 2012 at 07:47 PM
  5. unreal video!

then he turned 26!
  6. Does not matter. Stupid Americans. Why would we need to explore space and dump money into science and all that learning stuff. The only thing that matters is that our govt gives this money to the Koch Brothers, Mitt Romneys companies, and other rich people who really matter. How dare our govt even fucking think about giving more rich peoples money to stupid shit like space exploration.

Keep eating your fucking Doritos and drink your pepsi and keep playing your Xbox and netflix and dont fucking worry about this silly little nasa bullshit. How is NASA going to help you?? You can explore space on your iPhone with an app...bish.
  7. How much money would you pay to hear Mike Tyson speaking about Nasa?
  8. LOL Mike speaking about NASA, GOLD!

Seriously, great thread OP and great vids, yeah this country could have been epic if we spent more on NASA.
  9. and newt got shit for mars colonies. I mean...
  10. We should have them by now, seriously.
  11. The moon colony and mission to Mars were by far the two best ideas any Republican put forward this primary season
  12. http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...degrasse-tyson
    Edited By: MustbeMoore May 4th, 2012 at 08:51 PM
    Originally Posted by cmval View Post

Does not matter. Stupid Americans. Why would we need to explore space and dump money into science and all that learning stuff. The only thing that matters is that our govt gives this money to the Koch Brothers, Mitt Romneys companies, and other rich people who really matter. How dare our govt even fucking think about giving more rich peoples money to stupid shit like space exploration.

Keep eating your fucking Doritos and drink your pepsi and keep playing your Xbox and netflix and dont fucking worry about this silly little nasa bullshit. How is NASA going to help you?? You can explore space on your iPhone with an app...bish.

Cmval speaks on behalf of myself as well.

And a big lulz at any of this having an effect on a bunch of ignorant old people who believe in superhero saviors that defy all of the physical laws of our known reality.

It's as though the creator gave us a brain, and the punishment for using it is eternal damnation. Per the myth atleast.

Humanity is the most epic troll of all-time.
  14. So, the universe wants to kill us all. But lets ignore that complication for the moment and read an amazing essay.

http://www.haydenplanetarium.org/tys...r-of-ignorance
    Edited By: XquiziVex May 4th, 2012 at 09:10 PM
  15. I'm just glad no religious people are scientists or believe in science and space exploration...

I do think we need to stop stupid ass SETI. Pinging some alien race is insane. if we ever do make contact it's gonna be with something more advanced than us. then it's gg us
    Originally Posted by cmval View Post

Does not matter. Stupid Americans. Why would we need to explore space and dump money into science and all that learning stuff. The only thing that matters is that our govt gives this money to the Koch Brothers, Mitt Romneys companies, and other rich people who really matter. How dare our govt even fucking think about giving more rich peoples money to stupid shit like space exploration.

this
  17. I think SETI is a waste as well. Why GG us? We should take the opportunity to be on Mars. Or we could try to explore our oceans more, which should be NASA funded work.
  18. I was saying gg us b/c any beings that are powerful enough to come from there to here will be far more advanced than us.hope they're benevolent!
  19. You don't think beings that are more advanced than humans understand peace and (cough) a creator or God?
    Originally Posted by Mr323 View Post

You don't think beings that are more advanced than humans understand peace and (cough) a creator or God?

you can understand peace, but that doesn't mean you're going to stop stepping on ants

advanced alien race : us :: us : ants
  21. Yes, but I don't kill anything intentionally. I take time and effort to not step on ants or destroy the hard work they put in. Something way more advanced might do the same.
  22. Not if our planet tastes great covered in Chocozorg.
  23. No worries, the first contact will be with a taco that shits yummy ice cream....
  24. sf allsome placement :)
  25. sickening to think we are defunding NASA so we can give money to the solyndras of the world. Get this, the logic behind subsidizing the business owners instead of R & D is because that's how Japan build panels cheaper than us.

So this administration thinks the best course of action to compete with Japan is to help their friends use present technology but subsidizing with tax money so it's cheaper.

how can anyone listen to Tyson and not be convinced?

Hitchhiking a ride on 60's Russian technology is just sad.
  26. Amen
  27. nasa's $20B budget is so lol-low that it's nearly impossible to argue the other side. BUT the space industry does imo need competition from private firms. we don't currently have a workable space-vehicle afaik so why aren't we encouraging private aero- (astro-) space firms to pick up the slack?

Originally Posted by Mr323 View Post

Yes, but I don't kill anything intentionally. I take time and effort to not step on ants or destroy the hard work they put in. Something way more advanced might do the same.

one of the most likely reason aliens are gonna be cruising around our neighborhood is because they've used up all their resources and they're looking for more. our planet happens to be very rich in resources and I doubt we just hand it over to the aliens. chaos ensues and quickly all humans become dead.

there really is no way to predict the motives of an extra-terrestrial species. their being more intelligent than us won't preclude their vaporizing us.

imo.
  28. Awesome yet at the same time depressing video