[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

Dozens of armed federal officers are preparing for a showdown with a Nevada cattle rancher regarded by some as an outlaw and a hero by others.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/251686...r-public-lands

Here we go again. Snipers, helicopters, armed federal agents and a cattle rancher forcing their hand in dispute over grazing cattle on BLM land with a dose of environmentalists saving a turtle. The feds have even made a small corral for protesters, they call it the "first amendment area".

I really hope this doesn't end in violence, but it's not looking good.

I guess some people just don't handle authority very well.
    Add Willywoo to Rail
  2. "Rangers and agents from several federal agencies have surrounded a 600,000-acre section of public land and are preparing to move against rancher Cliven Bundy whose cattle have been grazing illegally for the past 20 years."

if this is accurate then fuck him.
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
  3. native americans were on that land before his family was, they should decide if this guy can have his cows on their property
    Add ScottBrewr99 to Rail
  4. with a name like Bundy, there is no hope

Add norv to Rail
  5. Which side is adelson throwing money at and which side is the govt secretly supplying weapons to? I need to know who I'm supposed to back.
    Edited By: skisteve Apr 8th, 2014 at 12:30 AM
    Reason: in before dyzalot...
    Add skisteve to Rail
  6. Bunch of statists itt. Fuck the federal army and their rapidly expanding police state.

Add Digz to Rail
  7. There never were any Indians or native people where Scott Brewer lives, works, and plays so he can be comfortable knowing that he's not a part of the problem. I'm almost positive he doesn't rent, own or use any real property either, because, you know, at one time it didn't belong to him.
    Thread StarterAdd Willywoo to Rail
    Originally Posted by Willywoo View Post

There never were any Indians or native people where Scott Brewer lives, works, and plays...

say what now?

edit - just saw the scott brewer, nm.
    Edited By: EyeKnows Apr 8th, 2014 at 12:45 AM
    Add EyeKnows to Rail

There never were any Indians or native people where Scott Brewer lives, works, and plays so he can be comfortable knowing that he's not a part of the problem. I'm almost positive he doesn't rent, own or use any real property either, because, you know, at one time it didn't belong to him.

lol, if hes going to use the "my ancestors used to shit here 150 years ago, so I can do whatever I want with this land" excuse, then why cant native americans just kick us all out? They have pre-emptive rights also, don't they?

edit: if this was his private land and the government was trying to kick him off or something, then fine, fuck the government for doing that shit. Im assuming its not private property though.
    Edited By: ScottBrewr99 Apr 8th, 2014 at 12:57 AM
    Add ScottBrewr99 to Rail
  10. Grandfather clause only applies to white people because Indians didn't use the word grandfather.

Noob.
    Add skisteve to Rail
    Originally Posted by EyeKnows View Post

"Rangers and agents from several federal agencies have surrounded a 600,000-acre section of public land."

if this is accurate then fuck them.

Agrii. Seems like a lotta manpower wastex to surround 600k acres imo

Edit: just read it. Jfc gov gonna gov
    Edited By: norcaljeff Apr 8th, 2014 at 01:05 AM
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  12. The first comment at the bottom of the article:

Shiree Bundy Cox • 3 days ago
    Thank you for this article. I would just like to say that as Cliven's oldest daughter and as I was raised on that ranch, I'm totally and completely heart broke and sickened by what is happening. It's not just happening to my dad, although he's getting the brunt of the abuse, it's happening to all of you, Clark County. He's not the only one closed out, you are too. I lived there all my growing up years and call it home still. I have never seen anything like this any where. I hear inviros. Saying that the cows are ruining the delicate balance. What do they know? Have they lived there? Have they worked there? Have they eched out a living on that land? No they haven't! The man they are trying so hard to demonize is the one who has lived there and worked there and managed that range his whole life. It's been his home and his lively hood and he's raised his family there. He tought us to love it and respect it and use it for good, to feed people of this country and others. We were tought to put our fires out and leave our camps cleaner than we found them and to never deface the land. It's been our lively hood, so why would we do any thing to hurt it. Just last year at about this time, I walked from what we call first water to my family home 5 miles away. I picked up some trash along the way. I only got a hand full the whole way. I'd call that good management. Some other things that weren't mentioned is the amount of time and money that my dad has put into land improvements that benifits not only his cattle, but the other wild life that utilize the range. What will they do when the BLM tares those waters out? They know the that water is there and they use it. Please wake up Clark County! Please Wake Up Sheriff Galespy! The Feds are taking your rights away right out from under your noses.

Add boulderrrr to Rail
  13. The fact that they're spending MILLIONS of dollars on this is a perfect example of the government taking the common man's money and pissing it away.
    Add boulderrrr to Rail
  14. conservatives with a sense of entitlement. all for law and order until they don't agree with the law. scream about gov't waste but support military spending.

did I get everything? oh, lol @ her idea of good management being, "I put out my campfires and pick up some trash."
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
  15. Alternative solution: Special draw hunt, let fish and wildlife sell tags for cattle within the forbidden unit.
    Add pistol45 to Rail
  16. argh, wish pepol could learn to spell......

Add norv to Rail
  17. The tree huggers are pissed off that real people with real lives are are not spending cash for their pet projects.
    http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/cl...ise-impact-fee

pretty sure the county pulled the funding for the tortoise rescue shelter too.
    Add Stockage to Rail

conservatives with a sense of entitlement. all for law and order until they don't agree with the law. scream about gov't waste but support military spending.

did I get everything? oh, lol @ her idea of good management being, "I put out my campfires and pick up some trash."

Conservatives support wasteful military spending?
    Add jetsjets1028 to Rail
    Originally Posted by ScottBrewr99 View Post

lol, if hes going to use the "my ancestors used to shit here 150 years ago, so I can do whatever I want with this land" excuse, then why cant native americans just kick us all out? They have pre-emptive rights also, don't they?

edit: if this was his private land and the government was trying to kick him off or something, then fine, fuck the government for doing that shit. Im assuming its not private property though.

Because they don't have the ability to kick everyone out, just like this guy doesn't have the ability to win this battle, unless of course he gets overwhelming public opinion on his side and that won't happen. Now quit being a dope, unless of course you would like to give everything you have to the local indian tribe because it is ill gotten gains. You seem to have an excessive amount of guilt about your privileged station in life and what your ancestors did to indians, yet you keep what you perceive to be yours. Do you take medication for it or just complain when other don't share your guilt?
  20. The real hustler is the group that got a million bucks to heard them up. They must be laughing so hard counting their money as they mosey.
    Add skisteve to Rail

Because they don't have the ability to kick everyone out, just like this guy doesn't have the ability to win this battle, unless of course he gets overwhelming public opinion on his side and that won't happen. Now quit being a dope, unless of course you would like to give everything you have to the local indian tribe because it is ill gotten gains. You seem to have an excessive amount of guilt about your privileged station in life and what your ancestors did to indians, yet you keep what you perceive to be yours. Do you take medication for it or just complain when other don't share your guilt?

Speak for yourself. I have no guilt about any of that because my ancestors didn't do shit to the Indians, my parents aren't from this country. Keep making assumptions over things you know nothing about, dumbass.
    Add ScottBrewr99 to Rail
  22. this, right here, is why we can't have nice things.
    Add nastysmell to Rail
  23. Scotty has her panties in a wad.
    Add Stockage to Rail
  24. I like turtles
    Add userid363 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Stockage View Post

Scotty has her panties in a wad.

totally. Lol, all I was saying was that the "my ancestors used this land a long time ago, so I can do what I want" argument was lame, and all of a sudden im an over-privileged indian murderer who doesn't care about ranchers (who illegally graze) and who may or may not be on medication. Tough crowd here tonight.
    Add ScottBrewr99 to Rail
  26. just shoot him and get it over with

Add norv to Rail
    Originally Posted by ScottBrewr99 View Post

Tough crowd here tonight.

naaaw, grasping at straws/ad hominem crowd.
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
  28. Edited By: DonkDon Apr 8th, 2014 at 05:55 AM
    Add DonkDon to Rail

naaaw, grasping at straws/ad hominem crowd.

Why don't you give us a history of grazing, land use, and the federal government involvement in western lands? Don't forget to include why there are so few ranchers today.

Maybe you could research it while you enjoy a nice medium rare steak tonight.

Even though I have no doubt your view of this history will be much different from mine, hopefully you will learn the issues are a little more complex than you may think they are.
    Originally Posted by nutcase

My forefathers have been up and down the Virgin Valley ever since 1877. All these rights I claim have been created through pre-emptive rights and beneficial use of the forage and water. I have been here longer. My rights are before the BLM even existed," Bundy said.

There are not enough eyeroll.gifs
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail