[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Yes, the president of the Columbia young bureaucrats is here. Welcome. Please tell us what a magnificent job the government has done managing the land out here in the west.
    Thread StarterAdd Willywoo to Rail
    Originally Posted by Willywoo View Post

Yes, the president of the Columbia young bureaucrats is here. Welcome. Please tell us what a magnificent job the government has done managing the land out here in the west.

Add OneM24 to Rail

Yes, the president of the Columbia young bureaucrats is here. Welcome. Please tell us what a magnificent job the government has done managing the land out here in the west.

How well or poorly the federal government has done managing the land has nothing to do with the fact that this guy is a nut making absurd arguments and refusing to respect the authority of the courts.
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  4. Why does the federal government own so much property in the "land of the free"?
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
    Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post

Why does the federal government own so much property in the "land of the free"?

Add Zeppelin to Rail
  6. looooooool
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
    Originally Posted by Lord Supremo View Post

How well or poorly the federal government has done managing the land has nothing to do with the fact that this guy is a nut making absurd arguments and refusing to respect the authority of the courts.

Let's just bring in the drone and get it over with then. The longer we wait, the more the public will learn about the issues and the last thing we need is an informed public.
    Originally Posted by Lord Supremo View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIVHNylH1Mk
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  9. Haha that's exactly what I thought of when the young bureaucrat showed up. Don't be too concerned tho, once he finishes law school he will learn the proper way to not respect the authority of the courts. He will be a much smoother manipulator than some crusty old rancher.

Let's just bring in the drone and get it over with then. The longer we wait, the more the public will learn about the issues and the last thing we need is an informed public.

I mean, I get the sense from this thread that you're not really interested in this guy whose story you've linked, you just want to talk about what you perceive to be federal mismanagement of grazing lands. I guess that's cool, though it begs the question of why you chose to use this story as your launching pad instead of some other story that doesn't revolve around a nut who makes absurd arguments and refuses to respect the authority of the courts.

Although, actually, I don't think you really want to talk about that either, since you're meeting opposition to this guy's absurdity with ridiculous jumps like "Let's just bring in the drone," rather than engaging in anything that could lead to a productive discussion. You're right that I, along with probably most people itt, don't really know much about the intricacies of grazing rights and land use policy, or how the Bureau of Land Management could be doing/could have done its job better. If you want to talk about those things, I'm all ears. But all you've given us is this guy who thinks he should be able to graze his cattle wherever he wants without regard for grazing fees or other regulations because his family has been in Nevada since before the BLM was created, which, I'm sorry, is a patently insane argument...which is probably why he's lost all his court battles. If this guy is your gleaming champion for the cause of ending federal mismanagement of grazing lands...then all I can do is welp.
    Edited By: Lord Supremo Apr 8th, 2014 at 02:52 PM
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  11. Just the name "Bureau of Land Management" has such a nefarious tone to it. It sounds like it was pulled out of some dystopian novel or something.
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
    Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post

Just the name "Bureau of Land Management" has such a nefarious tone to it. It sounds like it was pulled out of some dystopian novel or something.

If the central planners don't manage our land from a very efficient bureau, who the fuck is gonna manage it??? You??? You Lieutenant Weinberg???

Roads mothafucka!!!!
    Add jetsjets1028 to Rail
  13. Time for the nurses to give Willywoo his bath and put him to bed.
    Add Gronksknee to Rail
  14. Cityslickers gonna cityslick?
    Add skisteve to Rail

Why don't you give us a history of grazing, land use, and the federal government involvement in western lands? Don't forget to include why there are so few ranchers today.

Maybe you could research it while you enjoy a nice medium rare steak tonight.

Even though I have no doubt your view of this history will be much different from mine, hopefully you will learn the issues are a little more complex than you may think they are.

I am not completely ignorant about grazing, land use, water rights and the federal gov't involvement in western lands. I might know more than you about it (don't know since I won't assume anything about your level of knowledge about these issues).

the grasping at straws was ya'll defending a nutjob with no legal standing that has a huge sense of entitlement (awesome conservative values on display here..). the ad hominem was about attacking brewer with the silly "liberal guilt" trope that you trot out so often (you should save it for the occasions when it might apply - this time it was a total fail).

and you assume I am not a vegetarian with your newest ad hominem attack (that I am a hypocrite for complaining about ranchers but love their product).

at least you had the medium rare correct. but that was just a guess.
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
  16. http://www.reviewjournal.com/columns...irst-amendment

the man that wrote this is a sniveling liberal. over a 100 heat packing feds for some moo'ers.
    Add Stockage to Rail
    Originally Posted by Stockage View Post

http://www.reviewjournal.com/columns...irst-amendment

the man that wrote this is a sniveling liberal. over a 100 heat packing feds for some moo'ers.

lol, I hope you are kidding. if this is an example of "sniveling liberal" to you then you've lived a very sheltered life.

maybe my sarcasm meter is broken.
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
  18. I posted it for several reasons, one is that it is an interesting story, as it always is when the federal government gears up to go after a citizen who has guns and a dispute, and it has great potential to blow up into something that should never happen, like Waco, Ruby Ridge, and the guy who the feds used the drone on, etc., and third, because it brings to the surface issues of conflict between the federal government, local and state governments and various interests groups like ranchers, environmentalists, etc., that are greater than the particular incident that causes the immediate attention. But thanks for the analysis LS, as for the drone reference, they already have brought in quite a few armed federal agents and snipers even ffs. What the fuck are they trying to do provoke the guy, make him feel threatened so he does something dumber than he already has. What they are doing is absurd and brought about by the environmentalist wackos who threatened the feds for not doing something to save the fucking turtles that don't need saving. It is a truly bizarre situation that illustrates the incompetence and idiocy of the federal government as well as how poorly they treat landowners over long periods of time. Some of whom give up and move away and some who choose to stay and fight them with whatever means they have.

Your ignorance and arrogance is astounding.

That bonus for posting it is to hear some of you use it as some kind of referendum on how hypocritical conservatives are. I always get a kick out of how an individual automatically represents the group they might belong to when it suits your purposes, but when one of your team fucks up it's an isolated incident. It's also fun to watch people get bent about shit they know little or nothing about except which team to root for.
  19. Truth ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Add treypear to Rail

The bonus for posting it is to hear some of you use it as some kind of referendum on how hypocritical conservatives are. I always get a kick out of how an individual automatically represents the group they might belong to when it suits your purposes, but when one of your team fucks up it's an isolated incident. It's also fun to watch people get bent about shit they know little or nothing about except which team to root for.

I usually don't correct typos when I quote, but this paragraph was just too perfect to quote with its only minor flaw.

+100000
    Add jetsjets1028 to Rail
  21. Welp, Willy that pretty much is exactly how I read it the first time lollllll.

It's never as funny when you have to explain it.

I think he may arm the cows to fight back soon. They get pretty pissed off when provoked.

Rampage!
    Edited By: skisteve Apr 8th, 2014 at 09:10 PM
    Add skisteve to Rail
  22. I'm rooting for the turtle.

on the record
    Add userid363 to Rail
  23. That turtle needs to be named ASAP. Wonder if the guy would be willing to adopt it at this point....I'm all for compromise!
    Add jetsjets1028 to Rail
    Originally Posted by userid363 View Post

I'm rooting for the turtle.

on the record

Yup.
    Add Z-Fresh to Rail
  25. lol, is this guy your cousin or something? I cannot fathom how you're coming to some of the posts you're making itt. Literally the only positions I've taken itt are:

1. "My forefathers have been up and down the Virgin Valley ever since 1877. All these rights I claim have been created through pre-emptive rights and beneficial use of the forage and water. I have been here longer. My rights are before the BLM even existed" is a remarkably stupid quote

and

2. People should follow regulations and pay their fees, especially when they've fought those regulations and fees in court and lost

I fail to see how any of this is controversial. I mean, it might be cool if this dude's reasoning worked - I can trace my family's history in America back to the 17th Century, so by his logic I should be allowed to ignore every law on the books - but I think we can agree that it doesn't.

What's hilarious about this is I directly said I don't know much about the broad issue. Then I invited you to, you know, tell me more, persuade me why I should care and agree with your side of it, because all you've given me/anyone else in this thread is the story of this nut who doesn't seem to understand the first thing about how the law works, which isn't, you know, particularly helpful. Instead, I'm treated to

Originally Posted by Willywoo

lolwelp, OK then. Willywoo the Silver-Tongue wins another convert to the cause of liberty. Nicely done.
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail

That bonus for posting it is to hear some of you use it as some kind of referendum on how hypocritical conservatives are. I always get a kick out of how an individual automatically represents the group they might belong to when it suits your purposes, but when one of your team fucks up it's an isolated incident. It's also fun to watch people get bent about shit they know little or nothing about except which team to root for.

Add OneM24 to Rail

I posted it for several reasons, one is that it is an interesting story, as it always is when the federal government gears up to go after a citizen who has guns and a dispute, and it has great potential to blow up into something that should never happen, like Waco, Ruby Ridge, and the guy who the feds used the drone on, etc., and third, because it brings to the surface issues of conflict between the federal government, local and state governments and various interests groups like ranchers, environmentalists, etc., that are greater than the particular incident that causes the immediate attention. But thanks for the analysis LS, as for the drone reference, they already have brought in quite a few armed federal agents and snipers even ffs. What the fuck are they trying to do provoke the guy, make him feel threatened so he does something dumber than he already has. What they are doing is absurd and brought about by the environmentalist wackos who threatened the feds for not doing something to save the fucking turtles that don't need saving. It is a truly bizarre situation that illustrates the incompetence and idiocy of the federal government as well as how poorly they treat landowners over long periods of time. Some of whom give up and move away and some who choose to stay and fight them with whatever means they have.

I agree with you that the feds are making a show of this and it is ridiculous.

this wasn't brought on by whacko environmentalists. that a ridiculous assessment of this situation. the guy has been breaking the law for over 20 years but you blame the environmental movement, whatta stretch.

and yeah, I love to point out hypocrites. and I own when I am a hypocrite. point it out anytime you see it. I wasn't impugning a group - I was loling at individuals being hypocritical. this guy and his family see themselves as good conservatives and clearly have a sense of entitlement. and I tossed in the law and order thing because conservatives are over-the-top law and order until it's a law they don't agree with. it's ok for conservatives to do but when it comes to victimless crimes like drug laws they are all for cracking down - a doubling of the hypocritical shit, for less gov't but let's invade people's private lives/behavior and do as I say don't do as I do.

obviously (feel like I have to repeat this to head off a toe-hold to jump from) I am speaking about individual conservatives - there are true conservatives that agree with me that private behavior should not be regulated by laws and understand that this guy has an unwarranted sense of entitlement and is a law breaker that needs to be dealt with.
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
  28. I heard someone say yesterday that its kinda funny how the feds will send basically the military in to protect a turtle but wouldnt do the same to protect our people near the border
    Add TrafficKing to Rail
    Originally Posted by EyeKnows View Post

this wasn't brought on by whacko environmentalists. that a ridiculous assessment of this situation. the guy has been breaking the law for over 20 years but you blame the environmental movement, whatta stretch.

Environmentalists brought the lawsuit which forced the feds' hands.
    Add Dyzalot to Rail

conservatives with a sense of entitlement. all for law and order until they don't agree with the law. scream about gov't waste but support military spending.

and then....

I wasn't impugning a group - I was loling at individuals being hypocritical.

clown shoes
    Add jetsjets1028 to Rail