1. anybody catch the scaremonger in chief pretending he "can't guarantee" that social security, disability and veterans' checks will go out the day after the deficit limit is reached. O rly Obama? LOL why not, idiot? I guess he hates the elderly and the veterans and the disabled, is that why he acts like he would pick them to not get paid? It's not like there's any other reason to pretend those payments can't be made. Unless he's lying to scare the shit out of people.

hint: he's lying to scare the shit out of people

no money? really? lol Anyone wonder why he mentioned social security, veterans and the disabled, and not national parks, department of education, the epa, the nea, his wife's vacations or tree-trimmers? I wonder why he would pick the most vulnerable americans...? jk, of course I don't wonder why. I can't believe he forgot to mention kids with cancer.

politics is dirrrrty, but ffs Obama. buy a conscience. This shit is low. way lower than usual.

blonde if you stick this in the other thread I won't be happy, but I'll be glad you saw this and can relax. (deserves its own thread tho imo. for reals)

shitty cuz there's an ad first, blame cbs immfo:

edit: embedding disabled? super f u cbs.

Edited By: norcaljeff Jul 13th, 2011 at 03:14 AM
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  2. if only you got this pissed about republicans, too... you would be objective.
    Add phish42O to Rail
  3. oh come on Jeff, he can't control typhoons or a serious power outage or a letter carrier strike. I mean, he can be pretty sure, but he can't guarantee.

OK, nm. WTF, seriously?

we need a quick "what he meant to say was"
    Add ginwilly to Rail
  4. I don't get this pissed about repubs? lol Have repubs sunk this low? not that I've seen.

coulda sworn I went on a rant a few days ago about the hypocrites that pretend our foreign wars are the problem, now that obama is continuing/starting them
    Thread StarterAdd norcaljeff to Rail
    Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

herpderp

I actually remember when you were rational. When you were, you usually had pretty solid points. Your insanity sucks, tho. At least Pluv gives us phaggot rainbows. wtf do you give?
    Edited By: phish42O Jul 13th, 2011 at 04:08 AM
    Add phish42O to Rail
  6. hey hey, enough with the examples of what you are claiming. I'm overwhelmed...
  7. lol, next hes gonna engage in class warfare when he tries to get a fair shake for the working man....so obv

mitt romney called and asked if we can go to the local brewhouse for pitcher of lager....i said sure thing mitty boy, you and me same color, similar backgrounds, similar hobbies, policy thats good for your bank account is good for mine, etc. etc.

Add spacemandave to Rail
  8. how relevant! wait, wtf?
  9. just sayin romneys one of us....wouldnt take money out of social security and disability, he understands how valuable they are to families, since hes an all american guy.

Add spacemandave to Rail
  10. What ever happened to threebanger?

Add kidrockin to Rail
    Originally Posted by spacemandave View Post

just sayin romneys one of us....wouldnt take money out of social security and disability, he understands how valuable they are to families, since hes an all american guy.

does anyone know wtf this guy is talking about??

Originally Posted by kidrockin View Post

What ever happened to threebanger?

rip (not irl hopefully). I miss him and brsavage
  12. The reason he "picked" Social Security is because that was the type of checks the Reporter asked about.

I think the Republictards are going to do something exceptionally stupid that he may just accept.

God, help us all.
    Add raisethis2 to Rail
  13. Ya this thread reminded me of him for some reason. I liked that guy. Brsavage was ok but a bit extreme but those Jesus threads were allsome.

Oh and I hope this is just a political scare tactic. But I did buy more precious metals recently just to hedge a bit.

Add kidrockin to Rail
  14. true, and he added the disabled and veterans. but why did he lie about not being able to guarantee the payments? that's the real point imo

I don't get this pissed about repubs? lol Have repubs sunk this low? not that I've seen.

coulda sworn I went on a rant a few days ago about the hypocrites that pretend our foreign wars are the problem, now that obama is continuing/starting them

lol. I think Cheney's "If we make the wrong choice" spiel during the 04 election certainly qualifies as grimy.

We all know that in ncjs world the words "repubs" and "grimy" dont really go together though so carry on.
    Edited By: ajedrez Jul 13th, 2011 at 04:47 AM
    Add ajedrez to Rail
  16. Yeah, I seriously balked at the whole SS payments thing too. I mean, its not like SS is a paid for program that is separate from typical government expenditures or anything.
    Add XquiziVex to Rail
  17. don't know the 7 year old reference. assume it's nat security related? sounds like it is. again, not the issue

don't know the 7 year old reference. assume it's nat security related? sounds like it is. again, not the issue

I believe Cheney made comments alluding to the possibility that if Bush wasn't re-elected that we'd be more likely to suffer another 9/11 or similar. It was pretty low as well as far as political rhetoric goes.
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  19. just making a point(sarcastically) that romneys somehow considered american and he grew up crazy rich and never experienced anything that 99.99% of us have, and obamas story is just so much more idunno "the american way".

the other point im making is that mitt romneys platform is to actually go after those things and try to take them away so that there are actually no checks lol so i dont think you can call it fear mongering that it could happen as a result of the gops(and his platforms) efforts. theyre certainly not gonna say lets cut back on the oil company money or aid to saudi arabia.

Add spacemandave to Rail
  20. I guess I'm confused. If the debt ceiling isn't raised on August 2nd, then the US Treasury will have to determine what doesn't get paid. How can the president guarantee paying certain benefits when it is impossible for us to borrow any more money?

It seems like a reasonable answer to a very specific question. It's not like Obama said, "hey we really need to raise the debt ceiling and if we don't, I'm gonna make sure old people and disabled don't get their checks." The reporter asked him specifically about those benefits and whether they can be guaranteed, the government would not have enough money to meet all its obligations, and it would be illegal for it to borrow more money. On what planet would it be reasonable to expect the answer to be, "yep, I can guarantee they will get their checks"?
    Add Underdog to Rail
  21. but not untrue lol (imo!). besides, that's an opinion. unlike obama's baldfaced lie above

underdog, are you claiming there is no money to cover those checks? (including the ones obama added to the question, I mean)? if there is money and he won't guarantee they will be paid, isn't he saying other things will get paid instead, for some reason?
    Edited By: norcaljeff Jul 13th, 2011 at 05:01 AM

the other point im making is that mitt romneys platform is to actually go after those things and try to take them away so that there are actually no checks

Link?

I guess I'm confused. If the debt ceiling isn't raised on August 2nd, then the US Treasury will have to determine what doesn't get paid. How can the president guarantee paying certain benefits when it is impossible for us to borrow any more money?

Prioritize?
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
    Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

I guess I'm confused. If the debt ceiling isn't raised on August 2nd, then the US Treasury will have to determine what doesn't get paid. How can the president guarantee paying certain benefits when it is impossible for us to borrow any more money?

It seems like a reasonable answer to a very specific question. It's not like Obama said, "hey we really need to raise the debt ceiling and if we don't, I'm gonna make sure old people and disabled don't get their checks." The reporter asked him specifically about those benefits and whether they can be guaranteed, the government would not have enough money to meet all its obligations, and it would be illegal for it to borrow more money. On what planet would it be reasonable to expect the answer to be, "yep, I can guarantee they will get their checks"?

Because SS is supposed to be solvent in existing equity until like 2037 or something like that. Social Security is actually paid for through specific withdrawals from everyone's paycheck and deposited into the largest ponzi scheme account on the planet.

We don't need a debt ceiling to pay Social Security....it's already paid for (for now at least.)
    Add XquiziVex to Rail
  24. Yes, of course, prioritize. Where does the military fall in your prioritization? Where does paying interest to foreign governments (who have borrowed against the full faith and credit of the United States) come in?

What I think would happen is that the government would pay out social security checks because withholding covers that, it's not taken from the general fund. That would cover some disability too. It might be that everyone gets 95% of their check or something. 95% is a hell of a lot better than nothing, but if the president "guaranteed" everyone would get their checks on August 3rd, and then they get a check for 95% of what they would have normally gotten, you can be sure as hell norcaljeff and the rest of the Fox Nation would be saying that Obama broke his promise.

If Obama had "guaranteed" that checks would go out on August 3rd, then someone would have made a thread saying that Obama is making empty promises because there is no way he can really guarantee everyone gets their benefits when the government can no longer borrow money.

Just LOL @ the faux outrage in here.

You guys sure do get worked up.
    Add Underdog to Rail
  25. so he is going to fund national parks and congressional junkets before paying the disabled and veterans and social security recipients??

why does he hate the elderly, veterans and disabled?

lol of course he could guarantee it, if he wasn't disengenously lying and scaremongering to try and get even more tax raises in. lol you must be joking

edit: lol at making a thread re "empty promises". is the national bank account at $0 on aug 2? can't borrow more = no money? lol unreal
    Edited By: norcaljeff Jul 13th, 2011 at 05:13 AM
  26. Don't get me started on military spending. Actually, military spending can kiss my ass as far as I'm concerned. lol @ approving $650 billion+ in military spending with all the financial problems we have. ok,ok...I'm going to shut up.

With regards to guaranteeing payments, he could have answered her question correctly... that SS is in it's own lock box and would not be affected. There are only about 394839573957 other areas of the federal government that could be slated for a shut down before SS.

I have to agree with ncj here.... this is the epitome of fear mongering.
    Edited By: XquiziVex Jul 13th, 2011 at 05:13 AM
    Add XquiziVex to Rail

If Obama had "guaranteed" that checks would go out on August 3rd, then someone would have made a thread saying that Obama is making empty promises because there is no way he can really guarantee everyone gets their benefits when the government can no longer borrow money.

Since he doesn't need to borrow money to pay SS and disability payments yes, he could guarantee them. How about guaranteeing that the first things cut would be stuff like National Parks, Congressional, Executive and Judicial department salaries, foreign aid and stuff like that. Hell, like I said there are enough unused TARP assets to fund government for a while so he could guarantee it if he didn't want to make an inflammatory remark for political purposes.
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  28. You guys do realize that we reached the real debt limit like 2 months ago, right? No? Well, yeah, we did. Christ. Maybe know about a topic before attempting to take the moral high ground? No? Too much to ask? Whatevs.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...050561022.html

So the only way we've been getting by is that we are doing some creative shuffling around. August 2nd is the date by which we can absolutely not do anymore creative accounting. Yes, ncj, we really will be out of money.

As far as your "ss lock box" idea X, that's a great idea! Who thought of that? Oh yeah, that was Al Gore back in 2000. Oh swell, we've got that SS lock box. Oh wait, did Al Gore win the election? No, I mean yes he won, but did it count? That's right, he lost 5-4. Oh well. So much for the lock box.
    Add Underdog to Rail
    Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Irrelevant to my post
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
    Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post

Since he doesn't need to borrow money to pay SS and disability payments yes, he could guarantee them. How about guaranteeing that the first things cut would be stuff like National Parks, Congressional, Executive and Judicial department salaries, foreign aid and stuff like that. Hell, like I said there are enough unused TARP assets to fund government for a while so he could guarantee it if he didn't want to make an inflammatory remark for political purposes.

Swell idea! That accounts for less than 1% of the budget. What now?

Fucking a, guys. Come on.
    Add Underdog to Rail