[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

  1. Anyone other than Dwight Howard as DPOY is stupid. I hate when people get penalized because what they do is so effortless. The dude affects the game on the defensive end more than anyone else in the league.

    Anyone other than LeBron James as MVP and Gregg Popovich as COTY is just dumb.
     
  2. also look at his defensive teammates. Turkoglu and Redick are historically bad. Nelson tries less on defense than he does on offense. And ryan anderson is ryan anderson.
    Thread Starter
  3.  
    Originally Posted by JoeSexAppeal View Post

    LOL im obv just in here homering up because that is a rare opportunity for a twolves fan but you already appear to have a severe bias against rubio because he is nowhere near as overrated as you act like he is bro.

    It's nothing against Rubio. Irving is having one of the most absurd rookie seasons ever. His numbers are unreal. A 51.9 eFG% and 57% TS from a rookie point guard is insane not even mentioning how he is the number one option at the same time.
  4.  
    Originally Posted by Hughes4 View Post

    [ ] you watch the NBA


    You are right. His minutes wont decrease and he will average 39-40 minutes a game for the rest of the season putting up over 20ppg. OK
  5.  
    Originally Posted by SyphonSoul View Post

    whoa there slick. Currently George and crunch time\go to player dont belong in a sentence. Hibberts game has grown tremendously from last year, although I do agree he was "good" last year

    I know you cant see the entire picture from a few stats, but Paul George went from
    20.7 MPG at 13.06 PER to 31.0 MPG at 15.18 PER

    Ryan Anderson went from
    22.3 MPG at 19.09 to 31.1 MPG at 22.71 PER

    Ryan Anderson also went from a rotation off the bench guy to the #2 scoring option / crunch time player. His improvement is greater at a higher level. I don't think its much of an argument to be honest.
  6.  
    Originally Posted by marinersheep View Post

    Anyone other than Dwight Howard as DPOY is stupid. I hate when people get penalized because what they do is so effortless. The dude affects the game on the defensive end more than anyone else in the league.

    Anyone other than LeBron James as MVP and Gregg Popovich as COTY is just dumb.

    Obviously Dwight is a monster and I've ranted before on his defense before on here and respect it tons. But how do you explain why Philly with seemingly no good post defender still have posted the best defensive numbers in the league this season? It's unheard of what they are doing and a lot of the credit has to go to Iggy - their best defender by a mile.
  7.  
    Originally Posted by coolhandkev View Post

    Obviously Dwight is a monster and I've ranted before on his defense before on here and respect it tons. But how do you explain why Philly with seemingly no good post defender still have posted the best defensive numbers in the league this season? It's unheard of what they are doing and a lot of the credit has to go to Iggy - their best defender by a mile.

    Of course a ton of credit goes to Iggy, but you don't throw him the DPOY bone because of that. He's a great defensive player, no doubt. He's just not Dwight Howard. I have no problem if you want to argue that he's at or near the top of the list after Dwight, but you gotta give credit where credit is due. Iggy is a beast; but getting that recognition shouldn't mean denying Dwight the DPOY award.
     
  8.  
    Originally Posted by zeppelinzoso16 View Post

    You are right. His minutes wont decrease and he will average 39-40 minutes a game for the rest of the season putting up over 20ppg. OK

    he's not losing the starting spot. he's not losing the crunch time minutes. and if he were, it will never be to baron davis loooooooooool. which is what you type/pooped onto your keyboard...

     
    Originally Posted by zeppelinzoso16 View Post

    He is a good player with a future in the NBA but wouldn't be shocking to see Baron Davis become the starter, especially if he keeps turning the ball over at such a high rate .

    Thread Starter
  9.  
    Originally Posted by marinersheep View Post

    Of course a ton of credit goes to Iggy, but you don't throw him the DPOY bone because of that. He's a great defensive player, no doubt. He's just not Dwight Howard. I have no problem if you want to argue that he's at or near the top of the list after Dwight, but you gotta give credit where credit is due. Iggy is a beast; but getting that recognition shouldn't mean denying Dwight the DPOY award.

    Maybe so. It's tough to compare a center to a wing defensively and say one has a bigger impact than the other. This is the first time in years though it's just not a no brainer for Dwight. Orlando is 12th defensively as a team and they are usually top 5. Philly is first and again don't have the normal beast big man that top defensive teams normally have.
  10.  
    Originally Posted by coolhandkev View Post

    It's tough to compare a center to a wing defensively and say one has a bigger impact than the other. .

    it's tough. except when it's EXTREMELY SIMPLE. Dwight is the defensive player of the year. Defensive player of every year unless he goes out and takes a poop in the center of the lane.
    Thread Starter
  11.  
    Originally Posted by Hughes4 View Post

    it's tough. except when it's EXTREMELY SIMPLE. Dwight is the defensive player of the year. Defensive player of every year unless he goes out and takes a poop in the center of the lane.

    What about the rest of my post? Why does Philly give up over 4 points less per 100 possessions than Orlando this year with no force in the middle?

    Is it more important to have a lockdown wing defender with the league as currently constructed with the limited offensive big man and surplus of elite wing scorers?

    For the record I'm not saying Dwight isn't DPOY I'm saying it's debateable for the first time in years.
  12.  
    Originally Posted by Hughes4 View Post

    he's not losing the starting spot. he's not losing the crunch time minutes. and if he were, it will never be to baron davis loooooooooool. which is what you type/pooped onto your keyboard...

    Yup, a healthy Baron Davis can't put up #'s on that team (Amare/Melo) with their playing style. Baron is a terrible player. Didn't say it would happen. Said it wouldn't be shocking because Jeremy Lin struggling and Baron playing well wouldn't be surprising at all. Lin being a spark off the bench and developing in that role wouldn't be that bad of an idea either though JR is good for being a spark. Doesn't really matter who starts, Baron is going to take minutes from Lin who will not average close to 40 minutes a game post all star break assuming Baron is healthy, which was really the point of the post, that he will be sharing minutes with BD, who happens to be a very good player
    Edited By: Zeppelin Feb 24th, 2012 at 09:45 PM
  13. You are aware that Juwan Howard is still on an NBA team, correct?
  14.  
    Originally Posted by SCTrojans View Post

    I know you cant see the entire picture from a few stats, but Paul George went from
    20.7 MPG at 13.06 PER to 31.0 MPG at 15.18 PER

    Ryan Anderson went from
    22.3 MPG at 19.09 to 31.1 MPG at 22.71 PER

    Ryan Anderson also went from a rotation off the bench guy to the #2 scoring option / crunch time player. His improvement is greater at a higher level. I don't think its much of an argument to be honest.

    all Ive said is I like Hibbert for most improved. Disagreed with George being mentioned although George is my fav player in the NBA right now. Never commented on Anderson

    Anderson benefits tremendously with Howard though. Has to factor in
    Edited By: SyphonSoul Feb 24th, 2012 at 10:02 PM
     
  15. um you're dumb...don't post ever again
  16. Lin is clearly going to win most improved, but I think Pekovic is certainly worth a mention. The guy couldn't beat out Darko last year, and now he's a beast in the middle for the T-wolves.
     
  17.  
    Originally Posted by zeppelinzoso16 View Post

    Lin's #'s will definitely go down as will his minutes decrease and teams adjust. He is a good player with a future in the NBA but wouldn't be shocking to see Baron Davis become the starter, especially if he keeps turning the ball over at such a high rate .


    loooooooool what? have u seen baron davis???

    I like these lists, don't think big baby is bad as u think tho. Odom was a bad omission.

    Lebron should be defensive player of the year and mvp, Durant is my 2nd mvp but i'm fine with rating cp3 higher than him.

    LOL @ rubio over Irving, get outttttttttta here.

     
    Originally Posted by coolhandkev View Post

    It's nothing against Rubio. Irving is having one of the most absurd rookie seasons ever. His numbers are unreal. A 51.9 eFG% and 57% TS from a rookie point guard is insane not even mentioning how he is the number one option at the same time.


    i wouldn't say ever, but this.

     
    Originally Posted by zeppelinzoso16 View Post

    You are right. His minutes wont decrease and he will average 39-40 minutes a game for the rest of the season putting up over 20ppg. OK


    lol, dude, you said that baron davis would start on an nba team, your argument is invalid.

     
    Originally Posted by SCTrojans View Post

    I know you cant see the entire picture from a few stats, but Paul George went from
    20.7 MPG at 13.06 PER to 31.0 MPG at 15.18 PER

    Ryan Anderson went from
    22.3 MPG at 19.09 to 31.1 MPG at 22.71 PER

    Ryan Anderson also went from a rotation off the bench guy to the #2 scoring option / crunch time player. His improvement is greater at a higher level. I don't think its much of an argument to be honest.

    agree with this a lot. Jeremy Lin had a nice little run, but let's face it, he's fucking asian and the heat exposed a chink his his armor!

    you don't win awards off a 10 game stretch, let's see a little more from him before we crown his ass.
  18. RASHEED WALLACE ???
    Edited By: TheAlbatross Feb 24th, 2012 at 11:09 PM
  19. Lakers signed Rasheed.


  20. In short. iguodala is a great defender. the sixers are a great defensive team. the magic's success is more a function of dwight than the sixers is a function of iguodala. dwight is the best defensive factor alive and he gets the award. im not sure i wouldnt take allen over iguodala anyways
    Thread Starter
  21. There are exactly zero ways in which this won't be an amazing signing
  22.  
    Originally Posted by Hughes4 View Post

    In short. iguodala is a great defender. the sixers are a great defensive team. the magic's success is more a function of dwight than the sixers is a function of iguodala. dwight is the best defensive factor alive and he gets the award. im not sure i wouldnt take allen over iguodala anyways


    wow, i finally turned you on trick or treat tony!
  23. Defensive Player of the Year is usually a very rudimentary stats award. So I think Ibaka has to be one of the favorites for the award. Plus, he's blocking 4.4 shots a game in 14 February games which is an insane clip.
     
  24. havent the spurs been good for like 15 years? pop shouldnt get coach of the year. they were the #1 seed last year. has to go to someone like collins.
  25.  
    Originally Posted by playchipgod View Post

    Defensive Player of the Year is usually a very rudimentary stats award. So I think Ibaka has to be one of the favorites for the award. Plus, he's blocking 4.4 shots a game in 14 February games which is an insane clip.


    no
  26.  
    Originally Posted by playchipgod View Post

    Lin is clearly going to win most improved, but I think Pekovic is certainly worth a mention. The guy couldn't beat out Darko last year, and now he's a beast in the middle for the T-wolves.

    Pek! He's been a revelation for the Wolves this year. You gotta get lucky on some unknown guys in order to build a solid team, and it looks like the Wolves finally found a solid center in Pek. He's not great defensively, but he has great footwork and moves around the rim. Big fan of that guy.

    Rubio-Irving at this point is a toss-up. Irving has been the better scorer, but Rubio is the better passer and defender, as well as playing 35-40 minutes a night for a team on the edge of the playoffs.

    No love for Darko in least valuable?
    Edited By: krs33 Feb 24th, 2012 at 11:59 PM
  27.  
    Originally Posted by AMARTIN1181 View Post

    lol, dude, you said that baron davis would start on an nba team, your argument is invalid.
    .

    Does not compute. If Jeremy Lin did not come out of nowhere Baron Davis would be the starter.

    It would not be shocking to see Baron Davis play better than Lin from here out. Never said it will happen.
  28.  
    Originally Posted by XXEDPXX View Post

    havent the spurs been good for like 15 years? pop shouldnt get coach of the year. they were the #1 seed last year. has to go to someone like collins.

    ........
     
  29. allen vs. iguodala was a toss up.

    pekovic i think was my first honorable mention for MIP.

    every category, the winner is pretty much undebatable. which is why i chose to add runners-up so for it to not be boring. but of course people have their own (less informed) opinions and maybe in your world collins is doing a better coaching job than pop or carlisle.
    Thread Starter
  30. they're gonna spread out the coach of the year award. they're not just gonna give it to the same guy every year. the spurs have been good for a long time. what they're doing isnt really that surprising. they've been doing it for a really long time. we've established that pop is a great coach. theres no way in hell he wins coach of the year. they're gonna give it to someone whose team is a big surprise. Someone like Vogel or Collins will win it. Thats assuming their teams keep playing well. I'd bet anything that Pop doesnt win it. He shouldnt really win it either. Maybe he could use those great coaching skills to get them out of the first round. they freaking lost to memphis last year. lets not forget that.
    Edited By: XXEDPXX Feb 25th, 2012 at 12:09 AM