[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. that empty netter shows just how good LA ran. I mean, quick saved the game in the first when it coulda been 4-0 and it was 1-1. then they take out our best defensman, somehow only get 2 minutes when hes bleeding from the chin, and get a lucky bounce off backes' foot to have a 2 on 1 basically, then elliot looses his footing to have the puck sitting right there to put it away.

if all that isn't enough, they get 8/12 minutes to start the third on a fuckin powerplay, 6 that were just retarded lucky penalties that weren't the blues players faults.

MBN for phx and la to get outplayed and steal game 1's.

Add quietwinner to Rail
  2. so you give up a shorthanded gwg and you blame the other team. Maybe if the other defensemen coming back didn't stake right by greene and kopitar he could have cleared the puck out of the way.

And the hit from behind was obv a 2 minute penalty. Puck over glass penalties are your OWN FAULT, if you dont like it then don't do it, same with high sticking penalties, they aren't judgement calls. Blame yourself for sitting in the box for 8 minutes down one.
    Edited By: TMLMS13 Apr 29th, 2012 at 04:19 AM
    Add TMLMS13 to Rail
  3. [QUOTE=quietwinner;6854483]that empty netter shows just how good LA ran. I mean, quick saved the game in the first when it coulda been 4-0 and it was 1-1. then they take out our best defensman, somehow only get 2 minutes when hes bleeding from the chin, and get a lucky bounce off backes' foot to have a 2 on 1 basically, then elliot looses his footing to have the puck sitting right there to put it away.

if all that isn't enough, they get 8/12 minutes to start the third on a fuckin powerplay, 6 that were just retarded lucky penalties that weren't the blues players faults.

MBN for phx and la to get outplayed and steal game 1's.[/QUOTE]

U mad?

Add Poker&Golf to Rail
    Originally Posted by TMLMS13 View Post

so you give up a shorthanded gwg and you blame the other team. Maybe if the other defensemen coming back didn't stake right by greene and kopitar he could have cleared the puck out of the way.

And the hit from behind was obv a 2 minute penalty. Puck over glass penalties are your OWN FAULT, if you dont like it then don't do it, same with high sticking penalties, they aren't judgement calls. Blame yourself for sitting in the box for 8 minutes down one.

so wait, you agree that the collision between oshie and whoever it was deserves a 4 minute when clearly neither player saw the other and both are to blame, and the penalty where pietrangelo go hit from behind when the LA guy was lookin straight at his numbers, causing his head to snap back and bleed from the chin, is only worth 2? seems legit

im not blaming the other team, im just saying they ran pretty good. the delay of game is always a lucky penalty. nobody ever is like, yea im tired, im gonna just take a 2 minute penalty. and of course it happens after basically 6 straight minutes of PK.

Just fuckin tilts me oshie got 4 minutes and the other guy didn't when it was clearly a much worse penalty(shoulda been 5 imo). Whatever, not worried, if the kings play like that the rest of the series, Blues will win. We pretty much dominated the first 2 periods, and the penalties in the 3rd killed any chance we had because all of our top guys were exhausted.

and yes sooners, im fuckin mad.

Add quietwinner to Rail
  5. A high sticking penalty where blood is drawn is an automatic double minor, it does not matter if it was accidental or if they saw him coming. It has been like that for years, it is not new and not a judgement call. Keep your stick on the ice and that won't happen. The ONLY EXCEPTION for high sticking is when it is on the follow through of a shot.

The boarding penalty is either a 2 minute minor or 5 and a game, which is a visible shove with intent to injure

[After the game, a pool reporter intervied the NHL's Kay Whitmore, who is the supervisor of officiating for the Blues-Kings series.
    Question: What did the officials see on Dwight King’s hit and what went into the decision to give King a 2-minute minor?
    Whitmore: "Their judgement of the degree of violence (went into the decision) … they deemed it a minor penalty and that’s why they called it a minor. It’s their judgement. They see the whole play unfold and they didn’t deem in this instance obviously that King drove (Pietrangelo) into the boards. It was a hit, he was in a vulnerable position, but they didn’t deem it violent enough to call a major."
    Question: As far as the aftermath, Pietrangelo being cut, did that warrant a 5-minute major?
    Whitmore: "In these situations, if a player is cut to the face, and it’s visible right away, instantly, they’ll call a major … in most cases. In this case, they didn’t see the cut, the small cut, under his chin from what I’ve been told until up to a minute or so after when they were over by the bench. So it was a delay, a period of time that went by, and it’s tough for them to go over and say, ‘It’s a major now’ … because they didn’t see it after the scrum. He got off the ice. There was no visible blood. If it was running down his forehead or his cheek, it’s automatic. It’s a major game-misconduct. In this instance, they didn’t see it initially right away. They didn’t see the blood running down his chin, in his beard … one of those things."

Edited By: TMLMS13 Apr 29th, 2012 at 05:38 AM
    Add TMLMS13 to Rail
  6. Seems pretty retarded to me...if he's bleeding, he's bleeding. If you're going to have it as a rule, and the bleeding is a direct result of the play, then the major should be called.

I don't necessarily agree with the rule (just like I don't agree with Raffi Torres getting 25 games b/c Hossa got hurt), but if it's in the books, then it should be called it Petey is bleeding.

I really don't understand how they have a rule on the books, but if they don't realize that a part of that rule has been broken until it's too late, then it doesn't matter. If he's bleeding from the illegal check, then he's bleeding from the illegal check. If it's 1 second afterwards, it should be the same penalty as if it happens 2 minutes after the penalty is called.
    Add JRoth15 to Rail
  7. Pieterangelo should learn to bleed faster and stick with the ref until it starts. And on the shorty 10 seconds after, there was a second defensemen back but they also went after Brown, instead of the trailers Greene and Kopitar.

Originally Posted by JRoth15 View Post

If it's 1 second afterwards, it should be the same penalty as if it happens 2 minutes after the penalty is called.

so if half way through the PP he starts bleeding you change it?
    Edited By: TMLMS13 Apr 29th, 2012 at 05:50 AM
    Add TMLMS13 to Rail
  8. I think a lot of people ragging on Bryz need to realize while he did give up some softies a lot of it was just from the tempo of the game creating breakaways and 2 on 1's...for whatever reason the last 2-3 years the Pens and Flyers play this ridiculous up and down frenetic pace and consistently are lighting the lamp up at will. Just by nature of playing the Devils the game will slow down a bit and Flyers will be in better defensive position to help Bryz. He played pretty well in Games 5 and 6 fwiw.
    Add LostProfits to Rail

so if half way through the PP he starts bleeding you change it?

You watch hockey, you fucking tard. It's no different than any other sport...unfortunately, as a leafs fan, you wouldn't know about this--but during the playoffs, there are stoppages of play that lead to commercial breaks. therefore, the next faceoff doesn't come in 7 seconds like it does in the leafs regular season.

Now you're saying it's Pietrangelo's job to stay with the ref to show him that he's bleeding--even if he's hurt enough that he has to leave the ice to go to the locker room and not return. Makes sense...

The whole bleeding rule is retarded anyway...that was my whole point. Most high sticking penalties that end up drawing blood are 100% unintentional. They should be treated as such.
    Add JRoth15 to Rail

You watch hockey, you fucking tard. It's no different than any other sport...unfortunately, as a leafs fan, you wouldn't know about this--but during the playoffs, there are stoppages of play that lead to commercial breaks. therefore, the next faceoff doesn't come in 7 seconds like it does in the leafs regular season.

Now you're saying it's Pietrangelo's job to stay with the ref to show him that he's bleeding--even if he's hurt enough that he has to leave the ice to go to the locker room and not return. Makes sense...

The whole bleeding rule is retarded anyway...that was my whole point. Most high sticking penalties that end up drawing blood are 100% unintentional. They should be treated as such.

I didn't realize other sports change past calls after the game restarts. What do you want the refs to do, keep checking his chin for blood after each whistle during the PP to see if it started bleeding?

It's not his job but if he was smart instead of standing at the bench yelling from across the ice that his chin is bleeding, he should skate over to the ref and show him. Makes sense?

He was on the ice for the shorthanded goal. And did start the third

All high sticking penalties are unintentional (I hope) blood or not. But hopefully the possibility of a double minor is enough to stop doing it. Google Bryan Berard to see why. High sticks don't prevent any goals unlike some holding, hooking, tripping calls
    Add TMLMS13 to Rail

I didn't realize other sports change past calls after the game restarts. What do you want the refs to do, keep checking his chin for blood after each whistle during the PP to see if it started bleeding?

It's like other sports--because there are stoppages between plays. Pietrangelo was clearly bleeding before the PP started, so it really doesn't make sense. Since it's a rule, it's the official's job to see if a player is bleeding.

A guy with a concussion tried to play through it and didn't play to the best of his ability while on the ice? Shocking...

Coach Ken Hitchcock seemed to indicate Pietrangelo had concussion symptoms, but said he couldn't concern himself with that right now.

Most high sticking penalties are unintentional...it's pretty stupid that the severity of the penalty depends on if you catch a guy in the right spot or not. A lip is going to bleed 100x more often than a cheek is...so a guy deserves an extra 2 minutes because he caught a guy in the lip instead of in the cheek? Makes sense.

Seems a bit backwards for you to be arguing that side of things after you were so upset that Raffi Torres got 25 games for his hit on Hossa only b/c Hossa was injured. Hmmm...
    Edited By: JRoth15 Apr 29th, 2012 at 08:36 AM
    Add JRoth15 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Pker4Dummies View Post

Seriously dude has 2 GWG in playoffs already.

Those BC bitches are going to be going wicked hawd for his cawk

Kreider is a BOSS! that i'm pretty sure of.

I'm not sure if it was lack of sleep plus lots of beer, and/or my homerism, but the rangers did dominate the first 15 minutes of the game??
    i'm gonna watch it again later, but i just want other opinions.....
    Add twopairsofones to Rail

Seems a bit backwards for you to be arguing that side of things after you were so upset that Raffi Torres got 25 games for his hit on Hossa only b/c Hossa was injured. Hmmm...

I never actually said whether or not I like the bleeding rule, fwiw I don't, but that rule is in the book. There isn't a rule that says suspensions should be longer if the player is injured.

anyways I have made my point I am done with this stupid argument
    Edited By: TMLMS13 Apr 29th, 2012 at 08:52 AM
    Add TMLMS13 to Rail
    Originally Posted by quietwinner View Post

that empty netter shows just how good LA ran. I mean, quick saved the game in the first when it coulda been 4-0 and it was 1-1. then they take out our best defensman, somehow only get 2 minutes when hes bleeding from the chin, and get a lucky bounce off backes' foot to have a 2 on 1 basically, then elliot looses his footing to have the puck sitting right there to put it away.

MBN for phx and la to get outplayed and steal game 1's.

Seemed to me like the game was pretty even the hole time. St.Louis only outplayed themselves by taking more penalties.
    Add QuEeNsKeD to Rail
    Originally Posted by QuEeNsKeD View Post

Seemed to me like the game was pretty even the hole time. St.Louis only outplayed themselves by taking more penalties.

you mustn't have watched the first. blues completely owned the ice and had 5 or 6 great chances. the second was pretty even tho. it might not have looked like it in the 3rd, but when you're on the PK for 8/12 or 13 minutes and don't let up a goal, you pretty much are dominating. after that everyone was exhausted and you could tell had trouble getting anything going, on top of LA just playin prevent basically knowing this, we had 0 chance to come back in the 3rd, which is why i was so fuckin pissed. they were such flukey penalties and on top of the non major call earlier, just everything fell perfectly in place for LA to steal that game.

thus, they got outplayed.

Add quietwinner to Rail
  16. I went to the Rangers game yesterday, was awesome. Crowd exploded when Kreider scored.

Add Leet8s to Rail
  17. Quietwinner = Cortz of nhl?????
    Add sean614 to Rail
    Originally Posted by sean614 View Post

Quietwinner = Cortz of nhl?????

Easily. Opened this thread anticipating OT's self proclaimed resident hockey expert and analyst quietwinner crying about how bad the blues run, was not disappointed
    Add ajedrez to Rail
  19. Not really, at least the giants have won a couple super bowls.
    Add SirLiesAlot to Rail
  20. Damnit, i cant get anyone to bet me on this series. I only know one devils fan and he said no.

Does everyone really think the flyers bust that ass?
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
  21. Devils are a good team and will push the Flyers, but the Flyers should take care of business, goes 6 or 7 dont think home ice matters too much when the tri-state teams tangle either
    Add LostProfits to Rail
    Originally Posted by Jaybone2315 View Post

Damnit, i cant get anyone to bet me on this series. I only know one devils fan and he said no.

Does everyone really think the flyers bust that ass?

no one is going to go straight up if that is what you are asking for
    Add TMLMS13 to Rail

no one is going to go straight up if that is what you are asking for

Im not dumb. Obv offer my $80, to someones $50.

I know the lines, id never ask for even money when the line is -160.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
    Originally Posted by ajedrez View Post

Easily. Opened this thread anticipating OT's self proclaimed resident hockey expert and analyst quietwinner crying about how bad the blues run, was not disappointed

lol did i ever say im some expert? please qoute me, ill wait...

funny you two prob only saw the highlights on espn and clearly know im wrong.

edit: actually now that i think about it, im pretty sure i stated a few pages ago that i was just a casual fan and that picking the devils to win is just my opinion and all the butthurt flyers fans should calm down over one fan picking against their beloved team. kinda funny tho, pretty sure blonde was the onlly flyers fan to post in nhl threads all year long, and now theres like 10 that are huge fans and know how good they are and that theyre gonna steam roll to the cup

Originally Posted by Jaybone2315 View Post

Im not dumb. Obv offer my $80, to someones $50.

I know the lines, id never ask for even money when the line is -160.

ill put up 50 to you 100 if you want it.
    Edited By: quietwinner Apr 29th, 2012 at 09:08 PM

Add quietwinner to Rail
  25. To be fair, why dont we just make it my $150 to your $30...
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
  26. ok, that sounds good, booked.....

lol, just saying, you want action, nobody wants to bet you, but if you want it bad enough ill take 2-1. idgaf, its prob 50 down the drain so i could care less if you want it. post before puck drop if you want it

Add quietwinner to Rail
  27. decent 1st period for the devs

thank god the pk looks back to normal and that awfulllll call on zidlicky didn't cost them.
    Add heavyj80 to Rail
  28. its only one period bro...flyers are about to score 6 goals and 4 on the PP, did you see how good their PP was in the first round??

man, that brodeur is sure washed up....................................

Add quietwinner to Rail
  29. andddd philly runs ok
    Add heavyj80 to Rail
    Originally Posted by heavyj80 View Post

andddd philly runs ok

lol we get it ur superbowl winning stanley cup dynasty hockey teams turned shootout masters cant run any worse.

Add chancemcc to Rail