1. Cambodia was just on a record heat wave. It sucked.
    Add JustALurker to Rail
    Originally Posted by rcrane082985 View Post

Its been quiet on the cnn front about MMGW, has been a super cold few months here in NJ, what states are you guys gettin overly cooked these days?

My buddy is currently in Sri Lanka and has been posting lots of pictures of bleached coral. Nothing to do with warming temperatures?

Add Shaaarrrp to Rail
  3. Ever since NASA started rigging the data we've had the hottest months ever! Imagine that?
    Add Willywoo to Rail

4. Photo (1) shows healthy coral. It's then seen bleached (2). Photo (3) shows dead coral with a film of algae, which grows thicker in photo (4).

Add Shaaarrrp to Rail
    Originally Posted by rcrane082985 View Post

Its been quiet on the cnn front about MMGW, has been a super cold few months here in NJ, what states are you guys gettin overly cooked these days?

Add MadProfesor to Rail
    Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post

My buddy is currently in Sri Lanka and has been posting lots of pictures of bleached coral. Nothing to do with warming temperatures?

Huh? I was asking a question about other states in the US. But as far as i know, coral can do fine in warmer temperatures. I've read mixed things on the topic. Are you trying to say that coral never dies? No i'm not saying the earth hasn't been warming since the mini ice age. Don't get it.
    Edited By: rcrane082985 May 18th, 2016 at 11:24 PM

Add rcrane082985 to Rail
    Originally Posted by MadProfesor View Post

Spring hasn't started yet here in NJ. Its almost over.

Add rcrane082985 to Rail
  8. Secretary of State John Kerry said in Vienna on Friday that air conditioners and refrigerators are as big of a threat to life as the threat of terrorism posed by groups like the Islamic State.

The Washington Examiner reported that Kerry was in Vienna to amend the 1987 Montreal Protocol that would phase out hydrofluorocarbons, or HFCs, from basic household and commercial appliances like air conditioners, refrigerators, and inhalers.

“As we were working together on the challenge of [ISIS] and terrorism,” Kerry said. “It’s hard for some people to grasp it, but what we–you–are doing here right now is of equal importance because it has the ability to literally save life on the planet itself.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...t-as-isis.html
    Thread StarterAdd norcaljeff to Rail
  9. Thus, with a population of about 386,000, we face the significant challenge of preparation in the face of climate change’s rising tide. Like the Pacific Nation Kiribati, purchasing 20 sq. miles of land in Fiji in the event of dramatic relocation, low-lying island nations such as ours are forging radical adaptation strategies to ensure our continued existence, proving that climate change is indeed changing the course of island life on earth.

There was much debate at COP21 about the target for the global temperature rise. Bahamian coastlines have been severely eroded by climate change impacts, and curbing the pace of change is critical. The difference between 2 and 1.5 degrees Celsius makes a big difference to low lying nations: with the latter, the rise of global sea levels would be 1.5 mm slower.

https://anncolley.com/2016/01/19/cli...hamas-reality/
  10. la la la, uh huh, nothing to see here, move along ...

Arctic sea ice annual minimum ties second lowest on record
    Add MadProfesor to Rail
  11. Made up by record Antartic ice? Asking for a friend.
    Add rebelfd to Rail

la la la, uh huh, nothing to see here, move along ...

Of course there's nothing to see...it's all melted. Duh.

Looking to buy some ocean front property in the Arctic.
    Add XquiziVex to Rail

la la la, uh huh, nothing to see here, move along ...

that must be why I'm posting form 20,000 leagues under the sea. new waterproof iphone ravages

Researchers at Oak Ridge National Laboratory are reporting that they have devised a catalyst using common elements like copper and carbon that can convert carbon dioxide dissolved in water directly into ethanol at room temperature. The researchers suggest that the reaction can be scaled up to process large quantities of the greenhouse gas into fuel. One idea is that excess electricity from renewable sources like wind and solar power could be used to produce ethanol that could later be burned to supply energy when the sky is cloudy and the wind is slack. In addition, the reaction could produce transport fuel from the emissions of fossil-fuel powerplants.

https://reason.com/blog/2016/10/19/n...-combustion-to
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  15. Nobody clicks random links. Post some fucking substance with it you cunt.
    Add JustALurker to Rail
    Originally Posted by JustALurker View Post

Nobody clicks random links. Post some fucking substance with it you cunt.

Fuck you guys and your inferior mobile devices. I quoted as much as I'm allowed to from the article.
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
    Originally Posted by JustALurker View Post

Nobody clicks random links. Post some fucking substance with it you cunt.

Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post

Fuck you guys and your inferior mobile devices. I quoted as much as I'm allowed to from the article.

I'll help you since you are too lazy to do it yourself.

Add Dyzalot to Rail

New research carried out in north Queensland could drastically reduce the impact the agricultural industry has on the global environment.

Professor of aquaculture at James Cook University in Townsville, Rocky De Nys, has been working with the CSIRO studying the effects seaweed can have on cow's methane production.

They discovered adding a small amount of dried seaweed to a cow's diet can reduce the amount of methane a cow produces by up to 99 per cent.

"We started with 20 species [of seaweed] and we very quickly narrowed that down to one really stand out species of red seaweed," Professor De Nys said.

The species of seaweed is called Asparagopsis taxiformis, and JCU researchers have been actively collecting it off the coast of Queensland.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-1...30?pfmredir=sm
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  19. science is neat. I like it.
    Add Neeek to Rail
  20. Science is HAF
  21. Pretty damn sweet.
    Add JustALurker to Rail
  22. A global warming research center at the London School of Economics got millions of dollars from UK taxpayers by taking credit for research it didn’t perform, an investigation by The Daily Mail revealed.

The UK government gave $11 million dollars to the Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy (CCCEP) in exchange for research that the organization reportedly never actually did.

Many papers CCCEP claimed to have published to get government money weren’t about global warming, were written before the organization was even founded, or were written by researchers unaffiliated with CCCEP. The government never checked CCCEP’s supposed publication lists, saying they were “taken on trust,” according to the report.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/24/to...#ixzz4O2UuYPNk
    Edited By: norcaljeff Oct 24th, 2016 at 11:12 PM
  23. That's awesome. Just think how many braces that money could have bought.
    Add rebelfd to Rail
  24. Frauds!

http://realclimatescience.com/2016/1...ata-tampering/

I'm am still shocked how many people simply believe what they hear, because it's what they want to believe.

Buncha people getting duped by this bullshit.
    Edited By: Willywoo Dec 28th, 2016 at 08:05 PM
    Add Willywoo to Rail
  25. Add jetsjets1028 to Rail
  26. loool shit storms now being caused by MMGW.

Hide the women and children!
    Add Willywoo to Rail
  27. The shitstorms are more frequent and extreme now.
    Add ginwilly to Rail
  28. It's only going to get worse if we don't do something now. Everyone will be covered in shit by 2018, according to the models.
    Add Willywoo to Rail
  29. why do you hate the planet?
    Add The Alchemist to Rail
  30. Politicization of Science has arrived. Eisenhower warned us of this in his farewell speech. It was mentioned second after the dangers of the Military Industrial Complex.
    http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/ike.htm

In this revolution, research has become central, it also becomes more formalized, complex, and costly. A steadily increasing share is conducted for, by, or at the direction of, the Federal government.
    Today, the solitary inventor, tinkering in his shop, has been overshadowed by task forces of scientists in laboratories and testing fields. In the same fashion, the free university, historically the fountainhead of free ideas and scientific discovery, has experienced a revolution in the conduct of research. Partly because of the huge costs involved, a government contract becomes virtually a substitute for intellectual curiosity. For every old blackboard there are now hundreds of new electronic computers.
    The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present – and is gravely to be regarded.
    Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific-technological elite.

Add RichardHurtz to Rail