[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Getting ready for the annual WWE Royal Rumble next Sunday 1/27. While many of us have grown past the wrestling phase and will mostly come into this thread to troll "lol wrestling", the Royal Rumble is the one match that everyone can still get excited for (mostly because we can actually bet on it). A lot of people expressed interest in a pool a few months ago, so here we are.

The rules are simple: $10 gets you a number in the match that will be randomly generated once all entries are received. That number will correspond to whichever wrestler comes out to that number in the match (ie if you draw #15, you get whichever wrestler comes out 15th). You get paid based on hitting various superlatives. Since wrestling has come to the point where there are more no names like Kofi Kingston's and Brodus Clay's and (insert any other retarded pro wrestling name here) than John Cena's and Undertaker's, I added some "futility" superlatives to make it more interesting:

1st Out: 20
    15th Out: 20 (adds some equity to those drawing an early/middle number)
    Most Elims: 20
    Longest Run: 20
    Shortest Run: 20
    Runner-up: 50
    Winner: 150

I'm hoping to run 2 different pools so that everyone can get 2 #'s if they want (if you enter both, I will guarantee 2 different numbers for you). I'm open to running different buyin levels, but I think $10 is the ideal number to get the most people interested.

Reply if you are interested and indicate if you wanna do 1 pool or 2. I'll then PM you my Paypal. Obviously everyone needs to have paid by next Sunday night, so the sooner the better.

2. Would be in. Would give me an excuse to watch
  3. Rock beats Punk for the title. Cena wins Royal Rumble and beats Rock at WM. Ryback beats Cena at Summerslam. Easy game. Going to RAW the night after RR actually!! ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY
    Originally Posted by sirjwab View Post

Rock beats Punk for the title. Cena wins Royal Rumble and beats Rock at WM. Ryback beats Cena at Summerslam. Easy game. Going to RAW the night after RR actually!! ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY

Does that mean you're in?
  5. how much is the pay per view for this? edit: nm $45
    Edited By: MUPokerPlayer Jan 20th, 2013 at 06:22 PM
    Originally Posted by MUPokerPlayer View Post

how much is the pay per view for this? edit: nm $45

Not sure I understand the question...
    Edited By: Mkind16 Jan 20th, 2013 at 06:25 PM
    Reason: firstrowsports.net
  7. OK, time to finally set up a pay-pal account, because I want to get in. Will send you a PM once that's set up.

8. I got offered a ticket to the royal rumble but respectfully declined. Last live event I went to I literally couldn't wait to leave I was so bored, Wrestling just is not what it once was. Even wrestlemania a few years ago wasn't that great and I dropped a pretty penny on those tickets.
    Originally Posted by SpankyHamm View Post

OK, time to finally set up a pay-pal account, because I want to get in. Will send you a PM once that's set up.

dont forget youre write-up. if you want ill find out how were doing the rumble and give you those terms for your thoughts. think we were leaning towards a 3-5 horse last lonnger kinda thing.
  10. One of the greatest matches of all time was also one of the last I ever watched. Was a faithful wrestling fan until Wrestlemania VI and then I just grew out of it. Ultimate Warrior is forever my man, even if in real life he is crazier than he was in the ring.

Used to love the Battle Royals back in the day.

11. Already have 6 buddies doing this, I'll see if they all want in on this one as well. I'm def in.
  12. I'll be there in person for the live sweat.

I'll prolly grab 2 entries
  13. Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions
    Originally Posted by kellykip View Post

Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions

Rowdy Roddy Piper

"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat."

15. In
  16. In
    Originally Posted by skeeze666 View Post

One of the greatest matches of all time was also one of the last I ever watched. Was a faithful wrestling fan until Wrestlemania VI and then I just grew out of it. Ultimate Warrior is forever my man, even if in real life he is crazier than he was in the ring.

Used to love the Battle Royals back in the day.

The great thing about that match is that they took the time to repeatedly rehearse it. It would be great if more wrestlers went back to doing that but I guess they don't really have the time anymore thanks to the horrendous live shows, where they usually don't know who the hell they're supposed to perform with until the last second.

"Um, yeah, Show...we're putting you in with Swagger tonight...just do some kicks and rest holds until Mae hobbles down there to give you both a stinkface...."
    Originally Posted by SpankyHamm View Post

Rowdy Roddy Piper

"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat."

Jesse Ventura. I submitted that as my quote for my 8th grade yearbook. They did not print me with a quote. Sigh.
  19. I deposited my 20 mkind, should clear by thursday hopefully.
    Originally Posted by sirjwab View Post

Rock beats Punk for the title. Cena wins Royal Rumble and beats Rock at WM. Ryback beats Cena at Summerslam. Easy game. Going to RAW the night after RR actually!! ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY

For some reason I read this in Elmer Fudd's voice, it was a top notch post.
  21. PM'd PP info to all who posted interest so far, except Kellykip whose inbox is full. Send asap.

While you're at it, you can send my Chipper Jones money. He said last night he's going to Hawaii during ST. Holla.
    Edited By: Mkind16 Jan 20th, 2013 at 08:25 PM
  22. Havent watched wrestling in about 20 years. Just watched the 88 royal rumble in full on youtube.

A lot of big fat guys passes for wrestlers back then
  23. Definitely in for 1 pool, probably would be in for the 2nd as well.
  24. NOt into all this, but thought youd enjoy to know I exchanged emails with percy pringle recently..he is well, just chillin......
    I look for used -to- be famous people as a hobby..He is one who answered me back
  25. Peculiar hobby. Most well known used to be famous person you have had contact with?
    Originally Posted by Mkind16 View Post

PM'd PP info to all who posted interest so far, except Kellykip whose inbox is full. Send asap.

While you're at it, you can send my Chipper Jones money. He said last night he's going to Hawaii during ST. Holla.

pffft - I'll believe it when I see it. I think Chipper is training in seclusion for a triumphant return
    Originally Posted by kellykip View Post

pffft - I'll believe it when I see it. I think Chipper is training in seclusion for a triumphant return

I really don't think KFC qualifies as seclusion.
    Originally Posted by TheWhitePele View Post

Peculiar hobby. Most well known used to be famous person you have had contact with?

Tommy "the gun" Morrison...boxer
  29. Early Royal Rumble Preview (reported structure for the event)

Youtube pre-show event as a qualifier into the Royal Rumble: probably 10-12 lower tier guys vying for a spot in a mini-rumble.

Divas Championship - Kaitlyn is the new champion after Eve recently left the company (Eve is engaged to one of the Gracies and it sounds like she is looking to do movies). Probably will end up against AJ Lee since she is really the only other over Diva right now, and it fits the face/heel dynamic.

Tag Team Championship - Team Hell No (c) Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes and Damian Sandow). You might see Rhodes/Sandow win here as Kane and Bryan recently beat each in a singles match (usually an indicator of a title change).

World Heavyweight Championship - Alberto Del Rio (c) - again a recent title change vs. Big Show (previous champion) - they won't be taking the belt off of Del Rio this quickly, especially since they are pushing him as a new face, and also the new Hispanic face of the company.

WWE Championship - CM Punk vs. The Rock - this is a long anticipated matchup of two of the best talkers in WWE history. I actually hate that this result is being telegraphed all over the place (basically the Rock swearing to God that he will win the championship on Twitter - would be way out of personal character for him to say that knowing he's going to lose).

Royal Rumble - 90 second intervals this year, and normal 30 man entries (last year I think they did 40 entries and there were way too many lame entrants). Top dogs to win: John Cena. That's it. Looks like they will be going towards another "Once in a Lifetime" matchup between him and The Rock at WM29, this time for the title (with Cena winning it back).

Final four: Cena, Orton, Ziggler, Sheamus. Look for Sheamus (who is the defending champion) to eliminate Orton, and this will begin Orton's requested heel turn. Probably will end up matching them up at WM29. Cena eliminates Ziggler and Sheamus and wins it all.