[x]

See Where You Rank in New Jersey

1. Pretty good article about the newsletters.

http://bleedingheartlibertarians.com...-so-damn-much/
  2. Dyz, how do you feel about a Ron Paul/Alex Jones ticket?
  3. the Alex Jones that think the US government was behind the 9/11 terrorist attacks?

Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post

Pretty good article about the newsletters.

http://bleedingheartlibertarians.com...-so-damn-much/

Good Article

There are too many young people who don’t understand all of this and who we need to help see the alternative liberal vision of libertarianism – and to understand that “liberal libertarianism” is radical, principled, and humane and not “beltway selling out.” To do that, we need to confront the past and explicitly reject it. That doesn’t necessarily mean rejecting Ron Paul in electoral politics, but it does mean that we cannot pretend the past doesn’t exist and it means that Paul and the others involved need to do the right thing and take explicit responsibility for what they said two decades ago. That has not happened yet.

This part struck me the most and no I don't think Ron Paul has address this correctly and needs to. He rejects whats was said but he needs to take some kind of responsibility for what was said also, saying "I didn't know" is not going to cut it.
    Originally Posted by kellykip View Post

Dyz, how do you feel about a Ron Paul/Alex Jones ticket?

Alex Jones seems like too much of a conspiracy theorist to be a VP. He should be Ron Paul's press secretary.
  6. Here is a prime example of how the media will deal with it.

NPR headline reads:

Paul Disavows Newsletters, But In '95 Video He Seems To Claim Credit

Now watch the video.

I honestly thought they put the wrong video in the article. I kept waiting for him to reference the racist stuff. The comments are interesting too, given that it is NPR.

It seems pretty clear he has disavowed the racist content of the newsletters and had acknowledged his relationship to them. End of story as far as I' m concerned. If one did not like RP they could just say I don't believe it and chalk him up as a racist and be done with it. Nobody will ever come close to proving that he is a racist, given his record over the last 20 years, but it's a hook to hang your hat on if you don't like him. So killingbird and Jay Bear will always believe he's a racist.
    Edited By: Willywoo Dec 26th, 2011 at 07:56 PM
  7. Sigh... never said he was racist just that he needs to take responsibility for what was printed in his paper.
  8. I think he probably WAS a racist, and while it's possible he still is I don't see any real hard evidence of it. Like jay bear, I would just like to see him take responsibility for it. I've said in other threads that he would be my pick of the GOP candidates. Would not be stoked about it, but if I had to pick one of them he would be it.

Originally Posted by jay_bear View Post

Sigh... never said he was racist just that he needs to take responsibility for what was printed in his paper.

You mean like this?
    "When I was out of Congress and practicing medicine full-time, a newsletter was published under my name that I did not edit. Several writers contributed to the product. For over a decade, I have publically taken moral responsibility for not paying closer attention to what went out under my name."

--Ron Paul, Business Wire.

http://www.dailypaul.com/196339/news...a-load-of-this

If you don't like this maybe you could write one for him. If you do, I will critique it for you based on the facts and/or I will send it to him if it makes sense to me.
    Edited By: Willywoo Dec 26th, 2011 at 08:08 PM
  10. Willy - did he give the names of the writers responsible?
    Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post

Alex Jones seems like too much of a conspiracy theorist to be a VP. He should be Ron Paul's press secretary.

sweet plan to hijack the first 6months of his admin dealing with "Alex Jones" storylines
  12. I haven't seen any names. Why do you care? If you don't trust the answers he has given in the past nothing else will change your mind and I doubt you or anyone else would vote for him for President. It's really pretty simple. You believe him or you don't. Personally, I find it difficult to think he's a racist given his conduct and words over the last 20 years, but maybe that's just me.
  13. Grilling Paul over this "news letter" thing is akin to the whole Obama birth certificate thing.

It should be a non-issue but the major news outlets know that all the sheeple like sensationalism and think that it is actually news... when it is not news.

If Bush's foreign policy was so bad, so bad even that Obama ran against Bush (who wasn't running) instead of McCain... why did Obama basically make his first four years actually the next 4 years of Bush?
  14. do people actually think he wins the gop nomination or is this just some threadf about paul is cool

Originally Posted by ntanygd760 View Post

do people actually think he wins the gop nomination or is this just some threadf about paul is cool

I am a big supporter in hopes that even if he doesn't win ( I think him winning is like hitting a 1 outer on the river ) that enough people wake up to realize that change must happen within the government and politicians. I am hoping he really wakes people up. He woke me up. 2 years ago I was watching FOX news, and completely blinded to the bigger problems going on and just how corrupt our government is. I thank RP for getting me to look deeper into what's going on.
    Originally Posted by LVpokerdealer View Post

I am a big supporter in hopes that even if he doesn't win ( I think him winning is like hitting a 1 outer on the river ) that enough people wake up to realize that change must happen within the government and politicians. I am hoping he really wakes people up. He woke me up. 2 years ago I was watching FOX news, and completely blinded to the bigger problems going on and just how corrupt our government is. I thank RP for getting me to look deeper into what's going on.

oh ok that i get. still not a huge fan of his FP, but at least its a fresh look at stuff

Originally Posted by Willywoo View Post

I haven't seen any names. Why do you care? If you don't trust the answers he has given in the past nothing else will change your mind and I doubt you or anyone else would vote for him for President.

I think some people would vote for him.

Originally Posted by ntanygd760 View Post

do people actually think he wins the gop nomination or is this just some threadf about paul is cool

I truly do believe that if enough people get an opportunity to hear what he stands for he could win. The reason that this is unlikely is because people that control the media do not want him to win. With that being said, if he wins caucuses/primaries there will be little the media can do to not talk about him.

If Paul can win Iowa (not impossible), do decently in Colorado in February, and win VA (not impossible), than I think he will be considered a "real" candidate.
    Originally Posted by Geoff Moore View Post

I truly do believe that if enough people get an opportunity to hear what he stands for he could win. The reason that this is unlikely is because people that control the media do not want him to win. With that being said, if he wins caucuses/primaries there will be little the media can do to not talk about him.

If Paul can win Iowa (not impossible), do decently in Colorado in February, and win VA (not impossible), than I think he will be considered a "real" candidate.

Why do you say "not impossible" for Iowa? He is the frontrunner, and has over 600 college students coming in to campaign for him. He is the favorite there...

With a win in Iowa he would get a solid 2nd in NH....

He obv has no shot in Florida with the Jews, lol....

After Iowa and NH, I think Gingrich almost bows out and it is basically a Romney vs Paul battle...possibly Huntsman
    Originally Posted by jesterwords View Post

Grilling Paul over this "news letter" thing is akin to the whole Obama birth certificate thing.

It's sad that you're serious here. I haven't even commented on the RP newsletter or really care that much personally, but comparing a newsletter published under RP's name to the birth certificate nonsense is ridiculous. Commmmmoooon maan.

It should be a non-issue but the major news outlets know that all the sheeple like sensationalism and think that it is actually news... when it is not news.

You're partially right here. Sheeple def like sensationalism. However, calling this a non-issue is pretty homerish. It's legitimate. If the story carries on and on after RP has fully addressed it then you might not be as ridiculous to complain but still. Welcome to be taken seriously and what comes with it RP campaign.

If Bush's foreign policy was so bad, so bad even that Obama ran against Bush (who wasn't running) instead of McCain... why did Obama basically make his first four years actually the next 4 years of Bush?

NCJ would agree with this premise at least.
  21. Comparing two things that have no bearing on the election or our future within this country are surely comparable. So go blow something. Neither fucking thing needs a minute of time in the election cycle. Yet both seem to have gotten more than they needed.

Stupid to try to make RP into a racist over that stupid shit. The man has addressed it more than enough times in the years since it occurred. Just like Obama and the birth certificate... or Rev. Wright, or any other BS smear campaign.

Its bullshit, and totally comparable to what it was compared.

Obama continued Bush's "bailouts."

Obama continued Bush's wars.

Obama expanded Bush's wars.

The country is worse off now than it was when Obama took over, but really, that is just Bush's fault... but wait, didn't Obama just do the same shit Bush was doing? As well as pass a bloated, fucked up medical bill, on top of it all. WE are all worse off than we were 3 years ago when he took office.

What has changed? We apologized to the rest of the world for being military aggressors? While still being military aggressors? HAHAHAHA

Stop me when they start being different. Any of them.
  22. I hope RP wins Iowa and then the other RP candidates and Fox scramble like chickens with their heads cut off. Would be really funny. Bet we'll hear Romney and Newt team up as President/VP for New Hampshire or some shit.

23. No, they're not comparable at all. Not even a little bit.

One is a document with Congressman Paul's name on it. The other is a completely fabricated myth. Stick to ranting that the media coverage of Congressman Paul is centering on this one single story, that's legitimate.
    Originally Posted by LVpokerdealer View Post

He obv has no shot in Florida with the Jews, lol....

Eric Dondero writes that his former boss Ron Paul is absolutely not an anti-Semite, as some have suggested.

"He is however, most certainly Anti-Israel, and Anti-Israeli in general. He wishes the Israeli state did not exist at all. He expressed this to me numerous times in our private conversations. His view is that Israel is more trouble than it is worth, specifically to the America taxpayer. He sides with the Palestinians, and supports their calls for the abolishment of the Jewish state, and the return of Israel, all of it, to the Arabs."
  25. The are both a waste of time. Waste of the constituents time. The media wasted our time. The subject is not the issue, its the wasting of our time with useless bullshit.

You want to argue that, then you are just being ridiculous.
    Edited By: jesterwords Dec 26th, 2011 at 11:51 PM
  26. This op-ed is on the CNN newsite today.

Ron Paul: Codger, crank or more?

By David Frum, CNN Contributor
    updated 11:17 AM EST, Mon December 26, 2011

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/26/opinio...html?hpt=hp_t2

The are both a waste of time. Waste of the constituents time. The media wasted our time. The subject is not the issue, its the wasting of our time with useless bullshit.

You want to argue that, they you are just being ridiculous.

One was a waste of time, the other is a legitimate story. If I'm a politician and I have something published by a ghostwriter in my name, I expect to answer for it. If I decide to run for President, I obviously know it will come up again. Stop being a homer. I've expressed my desire for RP to win the nom multiple times already (which i dont norm do), doesn't mean I have to abandon all objectivity. The story itself is legitimate.
    Originally Posted by Willywoo View Post

I haven't seen any names. Why do you care?

Because it would be reassuring that the people responsible are not in any way invovled in his current campaign, among other things.
  29. I think the biggest point of all to be made is how much all media favors Mitt, every single candidate has gone under intense scrutiny and fire from the MSM, and yet Mitt, one of the most inconsistent, flip flopping, left leaning Repub Candidates I have seen in a long time is going untouched. Are they saving it for when he runs against Obama? I don't know but one thing is obvious, any threat towards his nomination is getting the 5th degree.

Originally Posted by The Precedent View Post

Eric Dondero writes that his former boss Ron Paul is absolutely not an anti-Semite, as some have suggested.

"He is however, most certainly Anti-Israel, and Anti-Israeli in general. He wishes the Israeli state did not exist at all. He expressed this to me numerous times in our private conversations. His view is that Israel is more trouble than it is worth, specifically to the America taxpayer. He sides with the Palestinians, and supports their calls for the abolishment of the Jewish state, and the return of Israel, all of it, to the Arabs."

yikes