Originally Posted by zeppelinzoso16 View Post

This is their strategy. Finish 4th with 10% of the vote but refuse to stop the campaign even though nobody talks about it anymore since the nominee is decided. Then bitch that they are ignored by the media because their newly acquired irrelevant delegates are not front page news.

I think most the RP supporters here agree that the strategy has been implemented to perfection

why is this not appropriate?

If delegates are being incorrectly reported shouldn't that be something that people get upset about?
    Add MustbeMoore to Rail
    Originally Posted by Geoff Moore View Post

If delegates are being incorrectly reported shouldn't that be something that people get upset about?

Americans aren't suppose to get upset about stuff like that. Just vote Romney or Obama and be happy about it, dammit!
    Add Brooklyn999 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Brooklyn999 View Post

Americans aren't suppose to get upset about stuff like that. Just vote Romney or Obama and be happy about it, dammit!

oh, sorry I misunderstood. I personally feel that the best candidate should be anti-war, pro-sound currency, and he doesn't go back on his word all while keeping the liberties of Americans the first priority. So out of Obama and Romney who best fits my priorities?
    Add MustbeMoore to Rail

oh, sorry I misunderstood. I personally feel that the best candidate should be anti-war, pro-sound currency, and he doesn't go back on his word all while keeping the liberties of Americans the first priority. So out of Obama and Romney who best fits my priorities?

I'm hoping there is a third choice.
    Add jackaaron to Rail
    Originally Posted by jackaaron View Post

I'm hoping there is a third choice.

me too.
    Add MustbeMoore to Rail
    Originally Posted by jackaaron View Post

Haven't been here in a while, decided not to read entire thread.

Just assure me, there aren't people claiming to be intelligent, and also claiming you can waste a vote ITT are there? Surely not. Only idiots think you can waste a vote.

sadly, we actually still have people who get it not voting at all out of defiance to the current system.
    Add playwithfire05 to Rail

If there is voter fraud people should get upset. If it changes that the projections are off and RP gets more delegates nobody gives a shit because it doesn't change anything. Romney is the nominee, nobody cares how many delegates RP or anybody else receives, the primaries are over
    Add Zeppelin to Rail
  8. Can you imagine what would happen if people thought the election system in this country was corrupt or had pervasive fraud? lol nothing.

Shut up and vote for Obama since he's the only one with a chance to win.
    Add Willywoo to Rail

If there is voter fraud people should get upset. If it changes that the projections are off and RP gets more delegates nobody gives a shit because it doesn't change anything. Romney is the nominee, nobody cares how many delegates RP or anybody else receives, the primaries are over

You are honestly just becoming a big troll in this thread

we get it, you don't like RP. I don't think anyone in this thread including myself thinks RP is going to win the nomination...we just like the message and we love how his grassroots supporters are beating the system at it's own game to win delegates and take over multiple state parties.
    Add LVpokerdealer to Rail
    Originally Posted by Willywoo View Post

Can you imagine what would happen if people thought the election system in this country was corrupt or had pervasive fraud? lol nothing.

Shut up and vote for Obama since he's the only one with a chance to win.

Even when we know the system is corrupt there isn't really much we can do about it.

so because it doesn't change anything we shouldn't even vocalize that something wrong is happening?

#lifelessonsfromzep
    Add MustbeMoore to Rail

you sound like an american again. great job.

do the rombama goons think we should just keep increasing public debt by trillions a year? wtf is the plan, guys?
    Add Hank H1LL to Rail
    Originally Posted by LVpokerdealer View Post

You are honestly just becoming a big troll in this thread

we get it, you don't like RP. I don't think anyone in this thread including myself thinks RP is going to win the nomination...we just like the message and we love how his grassroots supporters are beating the system at it's own game to win delegates and take over multiple state parties.

This. Can't take the heat, gtfo the kitchen.

Kitchen being this thread.
    Add krispycream to Rail
  13.  3
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
    Originally Posted by LVpokerdealer View Post

we get it, you don't like RP

That isn't true, I like Ron Paul. I hope he does have a speech at the convention

Just saying watching the delegate updates of an election that is over is entertaining (I am far from alone in this view). And obviously the media isn't going to give it much attention, only like 1% of the population cares. Romney won
    Edited By: Zeppelin May 1st, 2012 at 12:15 AM
    Add Zeppelin to Rail

That isn't true, I like Ron Paul. I hope he does have a speech at the convention

Just saying watching the delegate updates of an election that is over is entertaining. And obviously the media isn't going to give it much attention, only like 1% of the population cares.

To be fair, only about 2% of the American public cares, or knows squat about any of the three candidates.

Add gamma21 to Rail

Just saying watching the delegate updates of an election that is over is entertaining (I am far from alone in this view). And obviously the media isn't going to give it much attention, only like 1% of the population cares. Romney won

Add Dyzalot to Rail
  17. actually Fox just talked about today, specifically about how RP now has a plurality of delegates in at least 5 states and will be on the nomination ballet. still confused as to what that means, but it sounds good at least.

and in terms of entertainment, i think the networks will start going more full steam with this, as they will have a lot more reporting and sound bytes to come out of this, if a lot of the states are falling the way these ones so far have.
    Add krispycream to Rail
    Originally Posted by krispycream View Post

actually Fox just talked about today, specifically about how RP now has a plurality of delegates in at least 5 states and will be on the nomination ballet. still confused as to what that means, but it sounds good at least.

and in terms of entertainment, i think the networks will start going more full steam with this, as they will have a lot more reporting and sound bytes to come out of this, if a lot of the states are falling the way these ones so far have.

It means Ron Paul won 5 states, which is necessary to be eligible for nomination at the RNC in Tampa.

Add gamma21 to Rail
  19. Ron Paul vs Paul Krugman on Bloomberg today:

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/91689761/
    Add emcee21 to Rail
  20. Krugman admits to losing debate with Paul.

http://www.goldmadesimplenews.com/go...ron-paul-6815/
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  21. LOL - i watched the "debate" and didn't think it was worth commenting on. If this paragraph quoted from Krugman in your article is an admitting to losing the debate, i don't know what to tell you.

"Think about it: you approach what is, in the end, a somewhat technical subject in a format in which no data can be presented, in which there’s no opportunity to check facts (everything Paul said about growth after World War II was wrong, but who will ever call him on it?). So people react based on their prejudices. If Ron Paul got on TV and said “Gah gah goo goo debasement! theft!” — which is a rough summary of what he actually did say — his supporters would say that he won the debate hands down; I don’t think my supporters are quite the same, but opinions may differ."

(their emphasis in bold, not mine).
    Add saxman to Rail
  22. Well just from body language and their tone of confidence behind their arguments I would say RP won. Krugman came across as weak.

I know this..what weve been doing over the past so many years isnt really working anymore. This is basically what Krugman wants to do. He just wants the fed to print money and its hard for me to side with someone who actually wants inflation. How the fuck can inflation be good at all??

RP also clears up his stance on the Federal Reserve very well. He does not want to end the Fed just open up competition. This part of the debate was important for me as I tend to not know as much about RPs economic policy as I do his personal liberty views.

Cant believe so many people write off RP. We are a nation of sheeple.
    Add cmval to Rail
  23. The 'debate' isn't worth commenting on, tbh.

And that article is mostly garbage.
    Add jesterwords to Rail
  24. i mean come on ... shirley you can't be serious. One of the highlights from the "debate" was Ron Paul complaining that the Fed is filled with a bunch of those smart college educated economists who do nothing but study and write books, and teach and other useless stuff. All those smart guys are ruining the country!!
    Add saxman to Rail
  25. the latest nobel winners in econ pretty much won their award by saying Krugman is a simplistic fool living in the past. His star is fading
    Add ginwilly to Rail
    Originally Posted by ginwilly View Post

the latest nobel winners in econ pretty much won their award by saying Krugman is a simplistic fool living in the past. His star is fading

I agree with the bold
    Add jesterwords to Rail
  27. glad you didn't agree with the first part jester, I made that part up fuckin with saxman
    Add ginwilly to Rail
    Originally Posted by ginwilly View Post

glad you didn't agree with the first part jester, I made that part up fuckin with saxman

don't be a jerk or i'm dissolving our future business arrangement
    Add saxman to Rail
  29. lol sorry man

they are both american professors that think they can consistently and correctly predict human behavior too

can you imagine what would happen if someone actually could do this? they could be trillionaires and world dictators. One of the dudes (Sims?) wrote a model that does exactly this. I bet he's wrong, any takers?

they actually did say Keynesian is a simplistic theory that is outdated, that made me happy, but they also want to take central planning to new heights because THEY KNOW how to manipulate the economy, that made me sad.
    Add ginwilly to Rail
  30. i'm all in favor of educated responses to any issue including economics - and like most things, our model evolves as we gather more information and adjust. Whether you support Keynes or others, it's a healthy debate when facts are presented, data is analyzed solutions are proposed, and so forth. I just find it ridiculous coming from someone like Ron Paul (who i actually like) to basically say all those smart economics guys running the Fed don't know what they're doing.
    Add saxman to Rail