[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

  1.  
    Originally Posted by mordan View Post

    ftr I am not a big RP isn't getting his fair share guy, and think sites and newspapers have the right to give coverage to whoever they want

    That isn't what Dyz or anyone is saying. No one is arguing that each newspaper or site can't print whatever or whomever they want, but they shouldn't tout themselves as "fair and reasonable" or no spin, etc..

    *basically Fox should just change their tagline to "The Conservative News Network" and MSNBC should change to "The Liberal Network" or maybe just news for gays, i duno something that has a good ring to it.
    Edited By: krispycream Jan 18th, 2012 at 10:57 PM
    Add krispycream to Rail
  2. I'm not arguing with them or anyone, I am stating my position

    nice there is a RP speech link that he made today on the "tweet from P5ers" on the right of this page
    Edited By: mordan Jan 18th, 2012 at 10:59 PM
     
    Add mordan to Rail
  3.  3
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  4.  
    Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post


    daily dose of awesome
    Add MustbeMoore to Rail
  5.  

    We all know that President Obama won his party's primary in New Hampshire. What you may not know is that Obama only won 79.5% of the vote. Second place in the New Hampshire Democratic primary went to Ron Paul, with 3.7%...

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michae...b_1213219.html

    LOL
     3
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  6. but Romney polls the same as RP with dems in heads up polls v Obama
     
    Add mordan to Rail
  7. Ron Paul picks up some more endorsements.

     3
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  8. I watched Freedom Watch for the first time the other day after seeing Judge on The Daily Show (I know, really speaks to my political knowledge), and I'm hooked. What a great show.
    Edited By: hoops886 Jan 19th, 2012 at 05:15 AM
    Add hoops886 to Rail
  9.  
    Originally Posted by hoops886 View Post

    I watched Freedom Watch for the first time the other day after seeing Judge on The Daily Show (I know, really speaks to my political knowledge), and I'm hooked. What a great show.

    Yeah he's not bad. He's kind of a "young" libertarian in that he is still learning about the philosophy as he's shifted from being conservative to libertarian.
     3
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  10. Rick Perry drops out of the race, will endorse Gingrich

    http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...ce?sc=fb&cc=fp

    This is pretty excellent news for Gingrich (who was already surging in SC) bad news for Romney and Paul, and terrible news for Santorum.
    Edited By: Lord Supremo Jan 19th, 2012 at 03:16 PM
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  11. How is it bad news for anybody BUT Gingrich? Perry is a national joke, and everybody sees him as Bush (whom everybody loves to hate)...
    Add OneM24 to Rail
  12. Gingrich is surging in South Carolina, this will add to it. Perry has consistently polled at 4-6% in SC, if all those votes move into the Gingrich column he may win the state with room to spare. That will be huge for his fundraising and his narrative in the media.

    Its bad news for Romney because it adds to the likelihood of him losing South Carolina, where he was hoping to wrap the nomination up. If Gingrich wins, Romney will have a substantial opponent going into the February primaries and Super Tuesday...and a substantial opponent is the absolute last thing Romney needs.

    Its bad news for Paul because it reinforces the likelihood he will finish 3rd or worse. Couple that with the obliteration he's going to face in Florida and its looking pretty grim for him.

    Its terrible news for Santorum because he's the only one besides Gingrich who might have gotten Perry's endorsement. If he had gotten it, that might have created some buzz and given him vague hope of the 2nd place finish he needs to keep going. Since he failed to get it though, its going to remain a dogfight between him and Paul in the SC Sacko Bowl and his campaign is looking grimmer and grimmer too.
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  13. Actually depends on your thinking.

    If this is a four horse race and Romney loses both sc and fl its an excellent thing for Paul. Making the race last until super Tuesday will make a brokered convention more likely. This happening and Paul staying in the 15-25% range in most states gives him a prime spot at the convention. Victory for rp is not necessarily the nomination but shoving the repubs back to their roots of no nation building and fiscal sanity.
    Add tekiller to Rail
  14. Good riddance Perry. Hate people that pander.
    Edited By: gamma21 Jan 19th, 2012 at 04:25 PM
     
    Add gamma21 to Rail
  15. I'm not sure why so many Paul supporters on here seem to think a brokered convention is likely or desirable.
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  16.  
    Originally Posted by Lord Supremo View Post

    Gingrich is surging in South Carolina, this will add to it. Perry has consistently polled at 4-6% in SC, if all those votes move into the Gingrich column he may win the state with room to spare. That will be huge for his fundraising and his narrative in the media.

    Its bad news for Romney because it adds to the likelihood of him losing South Carolina, where he was hoping to wrap the nomination up. If Gingrich wins, Romney will have a substantial opponent going into the February primaries and Super Tuesday...and a substantial opponent is the absolute last thing Romney needs.

    Its bad news for Paul because it reinforces the likelihood he will finish 3rd or worse. Couple that with the obliteration he's going to face in Florida and its looking pretty grim for him.

    Its terrible news for Santorum because he's the only one besides Gingrich who might have gotten Perry's endorsement. If he had gotten it, that might have created some buzz and given him vague hope of the 2nd place finish he needs to keep going. Since he failed to get it though, its going to remain a dogfight between him and Paul in the SC Sacko Bowl and his campaign is looking grimmer and grimmer too.

    Florida doesn't matter. Paul already plans on losing there and isn't going to spend money there. Since it is a "winner take all" state it would be a waste to spend money there unless you have a chance of winning the state. Paul is concentrating on the caucus states, the states with open primaries and the states with proportional awarding of delegates. Romeny not winning SC is good for Paul. In fact, a three way race between Gingrich, Paul and Romney would make a Paul win more likely than if Romney keeps winning.
     3
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  17.  
    Originally Posted by Dyzalot

    Paul already plans on losing there and isn't going to spend money there. Since it is a "winner take all" state it would be a waste to spend money there unless you have a chance of winning the state. Paul is concentrating on the caucus states, the states with open primaries and the states with proportional awarding of delegates.

    You say this like you think I don't know it.

    Paul's only chance in this race is to dispel the idea that he will inevitably lose, an idea which is held by every major political observer in this country. In order to do that, he has to have wins, or at least close second-place finishes...getting 15-20% of the vote in every state is meaningless. He blew his best chance at a win in Iowa. His next-best chance is Nevada on Feb 4, but if Gingrich wins SC and is competitive in Florida, then the race will be between Romney and Gingrich not Romney and Gingrich and Paul. If you think Paul gets ignored and miscovered by media now, just wait until the race has been cleared out and you have two big-name, well-funded candidates - one conservative, one more moderate - slugging it out for the top in every state.
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  18.  
    Originally Posted by Lord Supremo View Post


    Its bad news for Paul because it reinforces the likelihood he will finish 3rd or worse. Couple that with the obliteration he's going to face in Florida and its looking pretty grim for him.

    You know that Paul isn't even going to Florida unless they change their distribution of Delegates right? He is going ahead and setting shop up in Las Vegas instead.

    edit: just saw ur post above mine
    Edited By: mordan Jan 19th, 2012 at 05:06 PM
     
    Add mordan to Rail
  19.  
    Originally Posted by Lord Supremo View Post

    You say this like you think I don't know it.

    Paul's only chance in this race is to dispel the idea that he will inevitably lose, an idea which is held by every major political observer in this country. In order to do that, he has to have wins, or at least close second-place finishes...getting 15-20% of the vote in every state is meaningless. He blew his best chance at a win in Iowa. His next-best chance is Nevada on Feb 4, but if Gingrich wins SC and is competitive in Florida, then the race will be between Romney and Gingrich not Romney and Gingrich and Paul. If you think Paul gets ignored and miscovered by media now, just wait until the race has been cleared out and you have two big-name, well-funded candidates - one conservative, one more moderate - slugging it out for the top in every state.

    You perpetuate this "he can't win" by saying he "blew his chance in Iowa". He won just as many delegates in Iowa as Romney so how did he "lose"?
     3
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  20.  
    Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post

    You perpetuate this "he can't win" by saying he "blew his chance in Iowa". He won just as many delegates in Iowa as Romney so how did he "lose"?

    Good point, the only thing that matters is how many delegates you get. My bad.
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  21.  
    Originally Posted by Lord Supremo View Post

    Good point, the only thing that matters is how many delegates you get. My bad.

    Did Romney win Iowa? Are you sure?



    If the media had any credibility they would have reported Iowa as a three-way tie or at least a state where no one showed any advantage. Unless they tried to make a big deal about an 8 vote win meaning something in a country of 300+ million people.
     3
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  22.  
    Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post

    Did Romney win Iowa? Are you sure?

    No, but I do know that Paul blew both his chance to win there and his chance to win the momentum narrative out of there.

     
    Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post

    If the media had any credibility they would have reported Iowa as a three-way tie.

    Yeah, because when two candidates tie and another one finishes 3% behind them, that's definitely a 3-way tie.

    You sound like Cortz talking about Eli.
    Edited By: Lord Supremo Jan 19th, 2012 at 05:17 PM
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  23.  
    Originally Posted by Lord Supremo View Post

    Yeah, because when two candidates tie and another one finishes 3% behind them, that's definitely a 3-way tie.

    You sound like Cortz talking about Eli.

    Statistically it is. Note that Paul came in tied for first in delegates awarded because of how close statistically the vote was. In a country of a few hundred million people, losing by a few hundred or thousand votes isn't very relevant unless the press wants it to be.

    This should help Newt...

     

    In her most provocative comments, the ex-Mrs. Gingrich said Newt sought an "open marriage" arrangement so he could have a mistress and a wife.

    http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/exclus...9#.Txg99eYv0RN
     3
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  24. Oy fucking vey.

    Oh and what possible relevance does the "country of a few hundred million people" have? Did a few hundred million people vote in the Iowa caucuses? My god...
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  25.  
    Originally Posted by Lord Supremo View Post

    Oy fucking vey.

    Oh and what possible relevance does the "country of a few hundred million people" have? Did a few hundred million people vote in the Iowa caucuses? My god...

    Statistical relevance.
     3
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  26. I wouldn't mind seeing a 30 minute debate with just RonPa and Newt; I think they have about 90% of the total brainpower up on stage between the 2 of them anyway.
    Add kellykip to Rail
  27.  
    Originally Posted by Lord Supremo

    Oy fucking vey

    .
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  28. Dyz you might as well stop. If you havent figured it out ls is a black white guy.
    Add tekiller to Rail
  29.  
    Originally Posted by tekiller View Post

    Dyz you might as well stop. If you havent figured it out ls is a black white guy.


    dot dot dot
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  30. If Ron Paul had won Iowa it wouldn't have mattered to the press.

     3
    Add Dyzalot to Rail

Similar Threads