1. figure this is a good of a time as any to break my 15 month thread-less strek as my fave sports team makes it to the finals. for all the bitching i do, giants and devs with a chance at titles in the same year. bet on the mets now ?

devs in 7
    Add heavyj80 to Rail
  2. Kings in 6
    Add DBo Fo Sho to Rail
  3. I hate you. Go Kings
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
  4. Kings in 7

Add 36crazyfists to Rail
  5. Hope the Kings win. Curious to see if young people will riot and burn down the city over ice hockey
    Add Zeppelin to Rail
    Originally Posted by zeppelinzoso16 View Post

Hope the Kings win. Curious to see if young people will riot and burn down the city over ice hockey

Devs in 7 and no way there's any fire's either way leave that to dem crazy canoooks eh

Add lunarphase to Rail
  7. LA Kings in 4.

They just dominate everyone no matter how good they looked in rounds prior. NJ beat the worst playoff team on paper, a team with no goalie that beat themselves, and a team that was already being outplayed in their first two series. It doesn't exactly inspire that much confidence in me.

The only aspect that where NJ has the advantage is the Kings PP vs the Devils PK. And that isn't enough to win.
    Edited By: TMLMS13 May 26th, 2012 at 06:05 AM
    Add TMLMS13 to Rail
  8. The only reason this wont have the lowest ratings ever is because LA is a huge market. If Phoenix won, you could count on one hand how many people would be watching. I watch cause I'm a fan of the game, but I don't see many people outside of those 2 markets watching this year.

I gotta root for the Kings tho because fuck the devils (yes im bitter) and cause of all the former Flyers on LA.

*edit* This is from February 24th....just for LOLs

Originally Posted by TMLMS13 View Post

the guys on TSN tradecenter are saying Jeff Carter to LA for Jack Johnson and a 1st round pick in "imminent" just pending physicals.

Originally Posted by DBo Fo Sho View Post

[ ] the Kings just became relevant in the West

Originally Posted by JET17 View Post

If this trade sparks their scoring combined with them currently sitting in a playoff spot and having the 4th lowest goals against in the entire NHL, it does make them relevant.

Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post

they are still irrelevant. No one is sweating them

Originally Posted by JET17 View Post

I guarantee if they turn around their offensive struggles and average 2.50 goals per game from here on out and make the playoffs, they'll be the team that nobody wants to play. 2.50 goals per game is just middle of the road offensively. They have the defense and goaltending that it takes to win championships. They are dead last in scoring but still in the thick of the playoff battle.

Jesus H. Christ I run bad. Anyone remember my "Eli Manning sucks and their superbowl win was a fluke" post back in September?
    Edited By: Mr. Blonde May 26th, 2012 at 06:20 AM
    Add Mr. Blonde to Rail
  9. Hope it goes 7 and it's an awesome series cause I love hockey. My real pick is Kings in 6.
    Add AFink93 to Rail
  10. Kings in 5.

Add sanzard to Rail
  11. someone plants a bomb in the arena and kills both teams, neither

Add quietwinner to Rail
  12. Hoping for the Kings. Not entirely sure why.
    Add kmc28 to Rail
  13. I'm a fan of the Kings and their style of play. So that would be okay in my books.

Never a bad thing to see Marty win one and go out on top to a sick career, a la Bourque!

Plus, living out in BC, all i'm going to hear for the next month is "If LA wins, we lost to the Stanley Cup Champions" yet again. Fucking clueless fans. #1 reason why rest of NHL hates on the Canucks so bad.
    Add hostile to Rail

NJ beat the worst playoff team on paper, a team with no goalie that beat themselves

highly doubt being run out of the arena in games 2-5 is beating yourself...

LA Kings in 4.

NJ beat the worst playoff team on paper, a team with no goalie that beat themselves, and a team that was already being outplayed in their first two series. It doesn't exactly inspire that much confidence in me.

cause the blues and coyotes were two legit opponents...

haters gonna hate
    Thread StarterAdd heavyj80 to Rail
  15. No Sweep. This is going to be a tough series. 6 games minimum .
    It's hard to pick a winner and my foil hat is broken.
    Kings have been playing great, fast, skilled and Quick has been in God Mode since before the start of these play offs
    They ousted Vancouver , Nashville and Phoenix in short order and still have plenty of gas left in the tank.

Devils, What did I say yesterday in the Conference Final thread. That fucking stifling fore check that's so boring and the fact that even when Marty B is flopping around the crease like a Lake Trout out of water He still manages to keep the puck out of the net.

This will go a minimum of 6 . Gut tells me the Kings but every game is going to be decided by just a goal.
    Add CANUKEH44 to Rail
  16. Kings -159/Devils +144

Kopitar is going to go beastmode in this series and Devils will have absolutely no answer for him. If LA brings the intensity that they did for the first few games of the WCF then some of these games have the chance to be a blowout. Agree with TMLMS breakdown of the Devils but I just think they find a way to win a game or two and wouldn't be shocked if they take game 1
    Add DBo Fo Sho to Rail
  17. Devils in 6 .Kngs are gonna get a wake up call everyone is swinging on their nuts so hard that they are whacking their foreheards off Quick's taint. Lets not forget where this team finished the reg season 13th and came into playoffs as longest shot to win cup
    Edited By: Popperhead May 26th, 2012 at 07:35 PM
    Add Popperhead to Rail
  18. could heavyJs teams run worse i mean srsly this guy has the worst luck. woe is heavyJ

Add chancemcc to Rail
  19. Kings in 6

Too big, skilled, fast, and most importantly, fresh and rested. The single most dominant team of this years playoffs caps off one of the greatest playoff runs in NHL history.
    Add Bullets43 to Rail
  20. Scf starts weds and game 2 is sat. I think the Devils will get enough rest.
    Add Pker4Dummies to Rail
    Originally Posted by Bullets43 View Post

Kings in 6

Too big, skilled, fast, and most importantly, fresh and rested. The single most dominant team of this years playoffs caps off one of the greatest playoff runs in NHL history.

Word !
    Add Eggiebets to Rail
    Originally Posted by Pker4Dummies View Post

Scf starts weds and game 2 is sat. I think the Devils will get enough rest.

I'd wanna say I'd rather be in the Devils position with the shorter layoff time, but it really doesn't matter given how the Kings played in g1 of WCF after that long layoff. The layoff time is really an irrelevant factor here. It's most painstaking on the fans making us wait this long.
    Add DBo Fo Sho to Rail
  23. So excited to watch the last five minutes of every game and cheer for the Kings. Bandwagon gonna bandwagon.
    Add Z-Fresh to Rail
  24. Devs in 5, yup.

Add rcrane082985 to Rail
  25. Kings in 5. Easy money imo.
    Add wab80 to Rail
  26. Kings -171 now. Wouldn't be shocked if this line gets close to -200, I better jump on my action
    Add DBo Fo Sho to Rail
  27. old school

http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocent...ed-share-video
    Edited By: MadProfesor May 26th, 2012 at 10:00 PM
    Add MadProfesor to Rail
  28. For anyone interested the Memorial Cup Championship Game is on right now. In the US it is probably on NHL Network, in Canada Rogers Sportsnet.

It features the Shawinigan Cataractes and London Knights.

Shawinigan is from the QMJHL and upset the pretournament favourites Saint John in the Semi's. London from the OHL won the Round Robin to get a bye to the finals.

For those that do not know the Memorial Cup is a four team tournament played between champions of the three Canadian Junior Leagues and the host city.
    Edited By: TMLMS13 May 28th, 2012 at 02:05 AM
    Add TMLMS13 to Rail
    Originally Posted by heavyj80 View Post

cause the blues and coyotes were two legit opponents...

haters gonna hate

speakin of haters........

love how blues are the #3 team in the nhl and run into a good team playing flawlessly and all of a sudden you think theyre the jets. ill put my life savings up vs the devils in win totals next year.

for real tho, kings in 2

Add quietwinner to Rail