[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Did Pit Dernitz really die or not?

I've been trying to figure this one out for almost an hour now, and I'm sleepy and I want to go to bed.

I was searching youtube for lion and tiger attacks when I came across a video of a guy getting eaten by lions.

About half the commenters guessed it was fake, and half of them guessed that it was real.

So I check snopes and he isn't 100% sure. He figured it was probably fake, but wasn't conclusive.

I did some more research and found out it was from the 1975 movie Ultima Grida Dalla Savana. The scene is discussed on wikipedia. However, it appears that it has never been made official that the death was staged, given that the movie features both some staged as well as some real scenes of death. As far as I can tell, nobody really knows for sure other than the people who made the movie.

Sighaments.
  2. I cant find a link or anything, but I read before that it was a film that tested the
    limits of censorship, because it was done as a documentary and tauted as real, but was nothing more than a fake snuff film, in fact when charges were going to be brought against the producer, he produced the actors alive and well, who in
    other violent scenes, including murder and torture, supposedly died also. Appenrently, they used animal organs and human cadavers to make the whole thing look more realistic( special effects were not very convincing back then) So, it's pretty sick no matter what.
    Originally Posted by Langevo45 View Post

I cant find a link or anything, but I read before that it was a film that tested the
    limits of censorship, because it was done as a documentary and tauted as real, but was nothing more than a fake snuff film, in fact when charges were going to be brought against the producer, he produced the actors alive and well, who in
    other violent scenes, including murder and torture, supposedly died also. Appenrently, they used animal organs and human cadavers to make the whole thing look more realistic( special effects were not very convincing back then) So, it's pretty sick no matter what.

Nah, I read about the one that got arrested on charges of snuff filming, and then released when he invited the "dead" actors to come visit the courthouse with him, but that was a different director for a different movie.

The one with the lions was by Calmati, and it is ambiguous even on wiki as to whether or not that scene was fake or not. It says "believed to be fake" based on the fact that "some" of the death in the film was fake, but it never says that it is confirmed as fake.

Furthermore, just for fun if you look up "Pit Dernitz" on google, it has an IMDB for him as an actor, where it says he was deceased as of 1975, and lists the movies that used his death footage.