1. <SPAN>Discuss whether or not Osama Bin Laden and his Al Qaeda network was underestimated by the conventional wisdom of the security and intelligence services of the United States. Explain the impact that Osama Bin Laden and his Al Qaeda network has had on other terrorist groups throughout the world.
    </SPAN>
    Yes, this is for a short 1/2 - 1 page paper, if anyone wants to crank this out real quick, i'll ship 20 bucks on stars.

Add Wretchy to Rail
  2. couldn't you just easily bullshit your way through this with just about zero research?
    Add BillMueller to Rail
  3. I like the way they give you a whole page to sum this up...god i wouldnt go back to college for a 150k salary. Mindnumbing
    Add playatwork to Rail
  4. wonder why they don't ask how osama was helped become as powerful as he was because the united states supported him for a while.
    and btw he's dead
    Add tekiller to Rail
  5. The answer is yes..

AFink93 on Stars.
    Add AFink93 to Rail
  6. prove he is dead, please.
    Add BillMueller to Rail
  7. prove he is alive, please
    Add tekiller to Rail
  8. just tell them its because George Bush's failed policies on &quot;insert subject here&quot;. If they are college professors they have to give you at least a B+ just for that
    Add playatwork to Rail
  9. I could easily bullshit, yes, but I dont want to and I can pay someone 20 bucks for 5 minutes worth of work... So who's going to do it

Thread StarterAdd Wretchy to Rail
  10. lol was just checking because this is the kind of work I would love to get, where I can just be vague and dumb all at once and still pass.

what class is this for?
    Add BillMueller to Rail
  11. Class label: Terrorism lolz

12. I watched the documentary about bin Laden yesterday by the guy who made Supersize Me. It was very revealing how most Muslims consider bin Laden to be a POS and a disgrace to Islam. They talked to many Muslims from different countries, and the ones who supported bin Laden the most were the Saudis.

Also, many people blamed the US Government for the rise of al-Qaeda. I think you should turn this question around and say how you don't think it's that bin Laden grew, it's how his message of anti-American intervention. Watch the documentary.

Add Leet8s to Rail
  13. Al Queda was not underestimated by the world. The amount of help given to the network was greatly underestimated by the world. The major problem the US encountered while attempting to destroy the al queda network was the lack of cooperation between the neighboring nations who would not attempt to arrest or destroy the network. These nations created areas of safehaven for the entire regime and would not let the US and UN security forces enter to arrest and/or destroy their bases of operation. The basically hid behind an invisible line because they knew no one could come get them. It is illegal for other countries to attack/arrest with the other nations approval. These security forces have to wait for al queda to cross that invisible line then attack/arrest them before they go back into hiding. It the longest highest profile game of cat and mouse ongoing in the world.

Al queda has a huge impact on other terrorist organizations as a means of financial, strategic, and ally support. Most terrorist have the same ideals and plans and the only difference is the target of their hatred. Many of the other terrorist organizations can look to al queda for money to run their organizations and then they share in the joy from the destruction that money entails. The also can use the blueprint that Al queda has been using in the hopes to have the same results worldwide in terms of hierarchy and worldwide distribution of ideals.
    Add Doc Holladay to Rail
  14. pre or post 9-11?
    Add Mr Galt to Rail
    Originally Posted by tekiller View Post

wonder why they don't ask how osama was helped become as powerful as he was because the united states supported him for a while.
    and btw he's dead

the us supported bin ladin? link?
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  16. Al Qaeda may have been underestimated but I think it was Al Qaeda that underestimated the US resolve.

Al Qaeda is currently a non factor, has been neutralized, and isolated to the caves of Pakistan.

If Al Qaeda was a force to be reckoned with now would be the time for them to attack, I doubt seriously that they can make a long distance phone call let alone directly attack the US.
    Add MonkeyCowboy to Rail
    Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

wow jeff you continue to amaze me with your ignorance.
    http://healthandenergy.com/osama_bin_laden.htm

if you don't like that site just google &quot;al queda, osama bin laden and united states&quot;
    Add tekiller to Rail
  18. from my most quoted book in OT:

LEGACY OF ASHES: THE HISTORY OF THE CIA
    by Tim Weiner,
    Winner of the Pulitzer Prize

Chapter 48, &quot;The Dark Side&quot;

&quot;American intelligence is in trouble,&quot; James Monnier Simon, Jr., the assistant director of central intelligence for administration, warned shortly after Bush took office in January 2001. The CIA &quot;has had its centrality compromised,&quot; he said. It lacked the power to collect and analyze the intelligence needed to protect the nation.

&quot;The United States in 2001 is faced with a growing, almost dizzying disparity between its diminished capabilities and the burgeoning requirements of national security,&quot; Simon said. &quot;The disconnect between what we are planning for and the likelihood of what the United States will face has never been so stark.&quot; The time would come when the president and Congress would have to explain &quot;why a foreseeable disaster went unforeseen.&quot;

American intelligence was almost as divided and diffused as it had been in 1941. Eighteen consecutive directors of central intelligence had failed in their duty to unify it. Now the agency was about to fail as an institution of American government. The CIA stood at seventeen thousand people, about the size of an army division, but the great majority of them were desk jockeys. Roughly one thousand people worked abroad in the clandestine service. Most officers lived comfortably in suburban cul-de-sacs and townhouses &quot; the orbit of the Washington beltway. They were not used to drinking dirty water and sleeping on mud floors. They were unsuited for lives of sacrifice.

Two hundred officers had joined the CIA!s clandestine service as charter members in September 1947. Perhaps two hundred were capable and courageous enough to tough it out in hardship posts in January 2001 The full complement of CIA personnel focused on al Qaeda amounted to perhaps twice that number. Most of them were staring at computers at headquarters, cut off from the realities of the outside world by their antiquated information technologies. To expect them to protect the United States from attack was at best a misplaced faith.

&quot;A HOLLOW SHELL OF WORDS WITHOUT DEEDS&quot;

Tenet was in the good graces at the White House, having formally renamed the CIA's headquarters the Bush Center for Intelligence after the president's father, and the new commander in chief liked Tenet's tough-guy attitude. But the agency received the barest support from President Bush during his first nine months in office. He gave the Pentagon an immediate 7 percent budget increase. The CIA and the rest of the intelligence community received a boost of three-hundredths of one percent. The difference was set in meetings at Donald Rumsfeld's Pentagon, where not a single representative of the intelligence community was present. Rumsfeld and Vice President Dick Cheney, partners in the poliics of national security since the days of Nixon and Ford, held enormous power in the new administration. They shared an abiding distrust in the apabilities of the CIA.

Bush and Tenet met at the White House almost every morning at eight. But nothing Tenet said about bin Laden fully captured the president's attention. Morning after morning at the eight o'clock briefing Tenet told the president, Cheney, and national security adviser Condoleezza Rice about portents of al Qaeda's plot to strike America. But Bush was interested in other things—missile defense, Mexico, the Middle East. He was struck by no sense of emergency.

&quot;When these attacks occur, as they likely will,&quot; Clarke e-mailed Rice on May 29, &quot;we will wonder what more we could have done to stop them.&quot;
    Add nowapowa to Rail

wonder why they don't ask how osama was helped become as powerful as he was because the united states supported him for a while.
    and btw he's dead

Are you Fucing Serious .. WHAT the fubar are you talking about HOW is Osama Dead dude ?

He is kicking it Old School Style with Biggie and Tupac .. And i bet you 100 to 100 or soemthing like that .. But i bet JFK is there too, busy blowing down with the Boys sitting on some Phat insurance money .. Hell i bet Hoffa is there tooo LOL
    Add Jokerluelz to Rail
    Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

and btw he's dead

I don't need a link because I lived through it. The Reagan administration fully supported osama and his rebels in the Afghan/Russain war. This is well documented they armed the rebels and gave them many resources to (back then) &quot;fight communism&quot;
    Add MrMojo728 to Rail
  21. This is totally incorrect if you think Al Qaeda is a non-factor and has been neutralized.

Add Leet8s to Rail
  22. &quot;These nations created areas of safehaven for the entire regime and would not let the US and UN security forces enter to arrest and/or destroy their bases of operation.&quot;

lol when has that stopped us in the past? and this is so completely false (we were debating using drones or missile strikes to kill Bin Laden on multiple occasions but after we accidently bombed the Chinese embassy in Prague we were scared to death of getting it wrong). please don't use this or you should fail unless you're teacher just doesn't give a fuck.
    Add nowapowa to Rail
  23. In 1989 Osama Bin Laden, and other terrorist leaders, formed the international terrorist group known today as al-Qaeda. Dating back to 1996, the United States government has constantly engaged in debate with al-Qaeda over numerous issues, including terrorism. So, the warning signs were prevalent for years, why weren’t we prepared? We were. The main problem lies in the underestimation of numbers and power. The United States was confident that their allies would cooperate in the destruction of al-Qaeda, when in fact, these countries acted more as allies to Bin Laden and his regime than to the US. Basically, we played a waiting game and after years of waiting al-Qaeda became so big and powerful that they were finally able to successfully attack; thus, the tragedy of 9/11.

Yes, Al-Qaeda has ties that span the globe. They also have mass amounts of money raised by communication facilities and commercial operations. This money then goes into supporting training camps, weapons, and concealed warehouses all over the Middle-East. Their activity also includes exploitation of illegal drug trade from Afghanistan. <SPAN> </SPAN>With their endless resources, underlying allies, and extreme brainpower, al-Qaeda and the Taliban regime’s terrorist violence is far from over.

Add Runnin Rich to Rail
  24. pre-9/11
    tenent:&quot;hey, some guy in a cave wants to attack us!&quot;
    Bush:&quot;And? What should I do?&quot;
    tenent:&quot;but but, the guy is determined!&quot;
    bush: &quot;Oh, well in that case let's...uh...close all airports? shut the train stations? Not allow anyone to travel to the us?&quot;

post 9/11:
    tenet: &quot;told you so!&quot;
    bush: &quot;you told me that a terrorist wanted to attack us. wow. also, water is wet. you've been a great help.&quot;

clinton shoulda merked obl when he had the chance(s) imo
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
    Originally Posted by Leet8s View Post

This is totally incorrect if you think Al Qaeda is a non-factor and has been neutralized.

Despite all the ominous warnings of wily terrorists and imminent attacks, there has been neither a successful strike nor a close call in the United States since 9/11. The reasonable -- but rarely heard -- explanation is that there are no terrorists within the United States, and few have the means or the inclination to strike from abroad.
    John Mueller is Professor of Political Science at Ohio State University and the author of &quot;The Remnants of War.&quot; He is currently writing a book about reactions to terrorism and other perceived international threats that will be published early next year.
    Your turn.
    Add MonkeyCowboy to Rail
  26. sent to runnin rich/ doc 10 each

27. when the soviet union was invading afghanistan..the cia sent money to bin laden, who is pretty wealthy in his own right, to fend off the soviet invasion. Then when he went back to Saudi Arabia he got all pissed because the saudi rulers invited US troops into saudi arabia which contains their holy lands of mecca and medina..then when we occupied saudi arabia during the persian gulf war he pretty much went beserk
    Add BAntares to Rail