PocketFives.com Members and Readers:Edited By: wackyJaxon 3 Weeks Ago at 06:53 PM
Welcome to the PocketFives.com Off Topic Forum, a place where P5ers can view, discuss, and post issues that are not related to poker. We ask that our members abide by the following Forum Rules in order to ensure a pleasant posting experience for veteran and new members alike.
OT Forum Guidelines
1. Poker: Posts related to poker are not allowed in this forum, with the exception of events specific to the Off Topic Forum (private tourneys, WSOP pool, etc.). This forum can also be used to discuss anything related to other games.
2. Adult Content: Pornographic images and video content are prohibited on all PocketFives.com Forums. Anyone posting this will have their account privileges revoked. This includes links to porn sites and using any pornographic content as a personal avatar, etc. Additionally, graphic images or images of gore are also prohibited.
3. Forum Abuse: Bump posts, scrolling, and hyper-posting (posting many threads in a short period of time) are not allowed on our boards, and will result in a suspension of your account privileges. Additionally, threads made with the intent of being bumped daily or occasionally to the front page will be locked or deleted. This includes season long sports threads. There are far too many professional sports teams to allow each of them their own thread. There will be designated threads for sports discussions, and separate threads for significant games/series and breaking news are encouraged.
4. Profanity (Thread Titles): Profanity should be kept out of all thread titles. It's fine within the content of a post, as long as it's not a flame or personal attack against a fellow member.
5. Moderation/Administrative Issues: The PocketFives.com Forums are monitored by a group of volunteer Forum Moderators. Questions/Suggestions/Complaints regarding forum moderation and administration should be kept off the boards completely. You can send feedback by clicking the "Report Post" icon located below each post. Posting about these issues will likely result in a lengthy suspension of your account privileges. Such posts may include (but are not limited to) discussion of deleted posts, thread placements (moved to another forum), banned members, site policy, and forum policy. P5s MODERATION POLICIES ARE NOT UP FOR PUBLIC DEBATE.
6. Posting of Private Messages and Personal Information: PMs should remain private. Posting them on the boards may result in a ban of your account privileges (especially if it is posted in an attempt to flame or belittle someone). Posting someone's private information is also prohibited. "Private information" is defined by anything that is PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE, such as: Name, Address, Telephone Number, Case Number, Birthday, Social Security Number, Other ID Numbers, etc.
7. Forum Wars: Flaming of competing, poker-related forums will not be tolerated on these boards. This includes 2+2, NWP, N-Beg, FTR. We require the posters on this site to be respectful of other forums. Posts that aim to "compare" sites will also be deleted.
8. Trolling: If your posts are generally negative, unhelpful, rude, and confrontational, then you are a troll. Trolls are banned.
9. Goodbye Posts/Threads: "Goodbye" threads and posts will be deleted. There's no need to tip your hat on the way out.
10. Solicitation/Spam/Selling Items: Unauthorized advertising on our site will result in a permanent ban of your posting privileges. This includes using our site traffic to buy/sell items, recruit talent for your own project, generate results for a study, mentioning/plugging of external websites including social websites like MySpace/Facebook for the purposes of solicitation, linking to sales offers on other sites, and telling people to contact you via Private Message, email, Skype, IM service, or URL. Another "forum poaching" technique that is NOT ALLOWED on PocketFives is posting a link/URL to an external site and directing our readers to vote for you, your friend, your pet, your kid, etc. Randomly linking to or mentioning other websites is also prohibited.
*NOTE* The definition of "unauthorized advertising" is broad. Please check with David before posting something that is even remotely questionable.
11. Money Transfer Requests: Money transfer requests are ONLY ALLOWED in the Official Site to Site Transfer Thread. Posting a money transfer request here will result in an immediate ban.
12. Charity Events: Posting about a private charity event is NOT ALLOWED. PocketFives has no way of verifying the legitimacy of private charity tournaments or mandating which causes are more important than others. An unintended consequence of private charity events is that they often take funds directly out of the online poker community, which is counter-productive to our goals as a poker forum.
13. Site Responsibility: PocketFives.com is NOT responsible for any monetary agreements that are posted on our boards. Money exchanges hands AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
14. Copyrighted Text: Do not post full-text copyrighted material on PocketFives. You can post the title, the first paragraph (or a select few sentences) and a link to the source. Any full-text work will be deleted and a warning will be sent. Repeat warnings may be grounds for a temp ban. Repeated temp bans may lead to a perma ban. As a general rule, the posted amount should not exceed 5 sentences.
15. Forum Badges: Badges are meant to reward PocketFives members' accomplishments. Any creation of fake badges in posts, avatars, or anywhere on the site will be removed and most likely result in an account suspension
16. Issues with Thread Titles: We made a separate category about this because people do it so often, and it's extremely annoying. DON'T post a thread title in all caps. Your post isn't more important than all the other posts in the forum, even if you think it is. Posts with titles in all caps may be deleted, unless a moderator feels like typing it all out for you in lower-case. Repeat violators of this rule will be suspended.
* Report Abuse: Members are encouraged to use the "Report Post" option for posts that break forum rules. These messages go directly to our Moderation Team.
Update: March 8, 2011
6. Posting of Private Messages and Personal Information: PMs should remain private. Posting them on the boards may result in a ban of your account privileges (especially if it is posted in an attempt to flame or belittle someone). Posting someone's private information is also prohibited. "Private information" is defined by anything that is PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE, such as:
Social Security Number
Other ID Numbers