[x]

See Where You Rank in New Jersey

1. Ok ladies and gentlemen, I ran one of these back in February. We ended up with 10 teams of 4 people, for 40 participants. The tournament entry fee was 5.50, and the fee per team member was 5.00. We ended up paying 2 teams. I would prefer to pay 1 team if there are only 10 teams, and 2 if there are more than 10, 3 teams will be paid if we get 20 teams.

Here's what I will do:

I will set up the tournament.
    I will manage the thread, and update the OP with teams before the tourney, and with bustouts and scores once the tourney has started.
    I will hold the prize pool. This is not negotiable. I have run this and other tourneys/events for OT before, and there are many people who will vouch for me on the site.
    I will PM the password to your entire team AFTER your ENTIRE TEAM has registered in the tournament.

What you need to do:

You get your team of 4 people together. You can post in this thread as interested, and I will make you a free agent, and you can work it out with others interested whose names I post in the free agents portion of this OP. You can also just PM your people and post your team ITT and I'll update the OP.

Have the 5.50 for the tournament, plus the team member entry fee.

*** We need to decide if it's going to be 5 per team member, or 10. 10 is better IMO, because if we get 10 teams, that's 40 per team and 400 total, and each team member will get 100 bucks plus whatever they happen to win in the tourney.***

Scoring:

Lowest score of the 4 team members will be thrown out, and the top 3 scores added together. The lowest TEAM total will win the tournament. Example: 40 people, and your team places 40th, 30th, 20th, and 5th. 40th gets thrown out, and the rest added for a score of 55. Another team gets 35th, 25th, 20th, and 3rd. 35 gets thrown out, and the total score is 48. The team with 48 wins. Questions?

The time will be 9pm. I'd prefer to do it tomorrow night. If not, it will have to wait until next week. Let me know. If you view this and are interested, please reply so I can guage it. Thanks.

**Oh, I will create another "Official" team tourney thread, after we figure this part out, for the registration and to keep it simple.**
    Edited By: OneM24 Sep 20th, 2010 at 02:40 PM
    Add OneM24 to Rail
  2. Didn't read yet, but I'm in
    Add Scha to Rail
  3. I want in. I'm a free agent
    Add DBo Fo Sho to Rail
  4. I'm retarded and left my laptop back in CA so I can't play. Just posting ITT to keep the streak of undertitles alive
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  5. I'm in if its played on a Sunday or Monday night
    also I'm a free agent since I dont know many people on this site
    Add Acpittboss to Rail
  6. interested
    Add sponge1430 to Rail
  7. I'm interested, but I don't trust you holding my $5.

jk. I'm in as a free agent.

Add BigGunX to Rail
  8. in as F/A

Add snaggs to Rail
  9. Does chip dumping / collusion occur often in this type of game? Sounds fun but I'd like to hear some thoughts on this.
    Add bcdrmr to Rail
  10. Interested
    Add AnonymousX to Rail
  11. Interested as a free agent
    Add BigOrangeFan to Rail
  12. interested (FA) if it's next week.
    Add MilBestDrnkr to Rail
  13. chip dumping is encouraged...

I think if you give a lill more notice you might get a few more teams
    Add locustbend to Rail
  14. In.

Bong? Blonde? hola
    Add just-jOHnny to Rail
    Originally Posted by bcdrmr View Post

Does chip dumping / collusion occur often in this type of game? Sounds fun but I'd like to hear some thoughts on this.

I f they are then I am def in
    Edited By: JksRbetter Sep 21st, 2010 at 12:20 AM
    Reason: Picked up off waivers
    Add JksRbetter to Rail
  16. in like flint. who wants lame on their team??
    Add Lameass_ to Rail
  17. I would be interested, but am currently in the process of trying to get chips off of FTP and onto Stars. I will post again if I am able to do that by tomorrow.
    Add bdecker7649 to Rail
  18. would you guys like to wait until Monday next week to do this? That gives everybody a week to figure it out. Also, 5 or 10 per person (on top of tourney buyin)

Chip dumping to teamates at your table is fine...if the rest of the table lets you get away with it. lol It's all strategy to win the team tourney.
    Thread StarterAdd OneM24 to Rail
  19. Extra money sounds good. The extra week will help with getting more teams so I say sure.
    Add JksRbetter to Rail
  20. im in...and available to join any tem...free agent
    Add pokerhitman to Rail
  21. sure, i guess im in.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
  22. In if it's next Monday. Free Agent

Scratch free agent...I'm putting together a team
    Edited By: gutbirdxx Sep 20th, 2010 at 06:20 PM
    Add gutbirdxx to Rail
  23. id be in. obv u would have to prove yourself worthy of being on my team tho. or i will just go on any team. 1 of the 2
    Add djg23 to Rail
    Originally Posted by OneM24 View Post

would you guys like to wait until Monday next week to do this? That gives everybody a week to figure it out. Also, 5 or 10 per person (on top of tourney buyin)

Chip dumping to teamates at your table is fine...if the rest of the table lets you get away with it. lol It's all strategy to win the team tourney.

I gotcha... just saying unless people had a heart of steel I can't see how hands won't be shared, etc...

I'm in, just need some notice as to the day and time.
    Add bcdrmr to Rail
  25. It looks like I'm going to set it up for Monday the 27th at 9pm. Everybody good with that? I'd like to do 10 per team member, but if we can't get enough people for that, I'll do 5. 10 is better IMO. Let's do this right. I'd like to see 20+ teams.
    Thread StarterAdd OneM24 to Rail
  26. May want to post this in PD for maximum entrants.
    Add JksRbetter to Rail
  27. I am interested as a free agent. PM me if anyone wants to play.
    Add ugain2004 to Rail
  28. Im in free agent

Add elimherr to Rail
  29. I'm in as a free agent, if this is on FTP. dunno if this was stated pstars/ftp yet.

if not ftp, delete my post.
    Add hostile to Rail
    Originally Posted by JksRbetter View Post

May want to post this in PD for maximum entrants.

I'm out if this gets posted in PD
    Add Scha to Rail