[x]

See Where You Rank in Washington

  1. They just opened one of these pill mills like 4 miles away from my house in Kennesaw, GA. The place is called Pain Express and the two owners jsut had the DEA raid three of their stores. Supposedly its just legalized drug dealing of percocet oxycodone and xanax. Their is like 50 people outside of the store every morning. Here is the link to the story:
    http://www.mdjonline.com/view/full_s...ecial_coverage

    Have any of you guys ever been to one of these before? Seems like you can just go and get unlimited percocet and xanax. "Pain express" website is: http://www.atlantapainexpress.com

    They only take cash also and do not accept insurance. Interesting place, I know many people who would not mind stopping by here for a doctor visit.
  2. PM bfactor?
     
  3. Not going to this place.
    Thread Starter
  4. uhh, sweet? any in MN
  5. such enablers. they better stop with that shit before the media starts lumping these together with holistic cannabis dispensaries
  6. It seems like most of them are in Florida and they are moving into the Atlanta area. The owners are looking to open another shop in Marietta, GA which is like 10 miles away from the one open now near me. Im just surprised this is happening considering how strict Georgia is on all other drugs.
    Thread Starter
  7.  
    Originally Posted by toerazor View Post

    I might check this place out. Ill let you guys know whats up if I do.

    have fun being a junkie
  8. It probably would be a good idea to stay away from this place when I think about it.
    Thread Starter
  9. I know a few people that go to these and tell the doctor they have foot/knee/shoulder pain and the doctors just say ok and sometimes dont even touch them and then give them 3 scripts which they already have buyers for and just flip them for mad profit...I've never gone to one though.
    heres some links from my local paper, 45 have opened up just in the last year around here
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/pal...,0,67771.story

    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business...0,795714.story
  10. It really is a shame. These pills are so much worse than a ton of the illegal narcotics out there. But hey its big business and being pushed by the largest industry in the US so lets just let this epidemic keep on going as long as the money keeps on flowing
    edit-the docs have to be getting kickbacks from the large amount of pills being pushed. Like give a thousand scripts get x amount from said company
  11. didnt kennesaw make some ass-backward gun law years ago?
  12. Yeh you actually have to own a gun in Kennesaw. If you dont own a gun you are breaking the law. Obviously they dont enforce this.
    Thread Starter
  13. maybe if they would drug dealers wouldnt come to town, at least that is what the NRA thinks

    no point in having a law without enforcement

    lotsa guns=lotsa peace imho
  14.  
    Originally Posted by xxACES UPxx View Post

    It really is a shame. These pills are so much worse than a ton of the illegal narcotics out there. But hey its big business and being pushed by the largest industry in the US so lets just let this epidemic keep on going as long as the money keeps on flowing
    edit-the docs have to be getting kickbacks from the large amount of pills being pushed. Like give a thousand scripts get x amount from said company

    The doctors get paid on how many patients they see each day. So the more patients and prescriptions the more money they get. Kind of like commission.
    Thread Starter
  15.  
    Originally Posted by Bong BrOke View Post

    I know a few people that go to these and tell the doctor they have foot/knee/shoulder pain and the doctors just say ok and sometimes dont even touch them and then give them 3 scripts which they already have buyers for and just flip them for mad profit...I've never gone to one though.
    heres some links from my local paper, 45 have opened up just in the last year around here
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/pal...,0,67771.story

    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business...0,795714.story

    The first link you showed about the pain clinic getting raided is owned by the same two brothers who own "pain express" in Kennesaw. They started in Florida and are moving in Georgia. Jeffrey and Chris George are their names and they are 29 year old twin brothers. Supposedly their filthy rich off of all these pain clinics they are opening. The crazy thing is it is all completely legal.
    Thread Starter
  16.  
    Originally Posted by buchiYAYO View Post

    have fun being a junkie

  17. no refills usually 15-30 count...
  18.  
    Originally Posted by N 82 50 24 View Post

    This is eye opening:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7DHMqHFSB8

    Watched all 45 minutes the other day when you put it in the bfactor thread. Very interesting stuff.

    I'm AMAZED at how far some people travel just to get some pills...guys coming from northern OH--driving to FL--just to get a few oxy pills.

    Definitely worth a watch if you have some time.
  19.  
    Originally Posted by N 82 50 24 View Post

    This is eye opening:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7DHMqHFSB8

    Wow very good documentary. That is crazy that they have one of these down the street from my house. I am staying away after seeing those people addicted to pills. It really is crazy that weed isnt legal when stuff like this is.
    Thread Starter
  20. Haven't watched the video yet, but I can assure you that this stuff happens routinely in pharmacies across Florida.

    Every single day that I've gone to work in the last 4 years, I've had between 5-10 people come in to the pharmacy who have never filled a prescription with us before, handing me prescriptions for Xanax 2 mg and Oxycodone IR from one of these pain clinics. Most of the time the drivers license says Kentucky, West Virginia, or Ohio.

    You can tell who they are before they even speak one word. Usually it's their complete disregard to the line that is formed ahead of them. Somehow they think that their drug habit is worth more than the routine customers picking up their cholesterol medication.

    Or it's the junky phone call scenario:
    Me - "Thank you for calling ____, this is Tim Lock, how can I help you?"
    Them - "Do you have roxy's? The blue ones? The white ones don't work at all."
    Me - "..."

    Or it's the dumbasses that try to buy a package of needles through the drive-thru.

    Or when they think they're getting smart, they only try to fill the Xanax first, then when that actually works they try to spring the Oxy script on you when they're picking up.

    The current practice at every pharmacy I know of down here is to simply tell them that we're out, and that there's a manufacturer backorder on that brand. This usually works without a problem, since these guys don't really want to cause a scene.

    It's a huge problem down here, and judging by the fact that I have to drive by 3 pain clinics on my way to work, it doesn't seem like it's stopping any time soon.

    Edit: Oh, and another dead giveaway: They always pay cash, with no insurance. Gotta keep under the radar, ya know.
  21. About a year or 2 ago we were getting tons of people bringing scripts from Houston. They were all the same. Norco, xanax, flexeril and naproxen. If you ever tried to call the doctor that wrote them it is impossible and you can only get a voicemail. People finally realized pretty much no pharmacies in Austin will fill these scripts anymore so I only see like 1 a month now. I just tell them no, and they usually just say ok and walk away with no questions. I've even had people call asking me if I would fill a script from a Houston pain clinic.
  22. Tim, watch the vid.
     
  23. Wow, that's a really well done documentary. I mean completely accurate. The states involved, the situations... I never knew they smoked those things though, that's news to me. I assumed it was all snorting/pushing.

    Also, I can't believe that those offices only charge $140 cash for an MRI. Try getting an MRI even remotely close to that price at any legitimate doctor's office... it won't happen.

    Reporter chick was kinda sexy, too.
  24. I need to go to med school.
  25. I have always been really against using prescription pain medications unless you absolutely need them.

    I have broken my collarbone, leg, nose, and thumb skiing and never once did I use any sort of pain medication.

    I also have undergone a couple of surgeries (one of them being a 4 hour operation) and my doctor thought I was crazy when I told him that I wouldn't be bothering to take the pain meds that he had prescribed for me. If I was in severe pain then I would have taken them but I didn't find the pain to be unbearable.

    I walked home 7 miles after that operation. The docs obv would never have let me do that (they make sure that you have transportation waiting for you) but at the time they were telling me that I likely had Hodgkins lymphoma and I was determined to start my fight that very day. My mom thought I was a lil crazy but her being the cool mom that she is, she got out and walked the 7 miles with me!!
  26. Thats real impressive slizza. I had an shoulder AC Strain Grade II(from skiing) and I had to have some percocet 15mg to even sleep. Your hardcore.
    Thread Starter
  27.  
    Originally Posted by Busted Nuts View Post

    About a year or 2 ago we were getting tons of people bringing scripts from Houston. They were all the same. Norco, xanax, flexeril and naproxen. If you ever tried to call the doctor that wrote them it is impossible and you can only get a voicemail. People finally realized pretty much no pharmacies in Austin will fill these scripts anymore so I only see like 1 a month now. I just tell them no, and they usually just say ok and walk away with no questions. I've even had people call asking me if I would fill a script from a Houston pain clinic.

    It's sad that idiots like the ones you described make things more difficult for patients with legit pain issues.
     
  28. I watched a show on Hulu about these places. I guess in Florida and GA they dont track the amount of prescription drugs they give out. The show is called Vanguard and here is the episode.
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/100279/van...contin-express
  29.  
    Originally Posted by kamikazzee63 View Post

    I watched a show on Hulu about these places. I guess in Florida and GA they dont track the amount of prescription drugs they give out. The show is called Vanguard and here is the episode.
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/100279/van...contin-express

    I posted that above... The difference is that hulu blocks people out of the US and youtube doesn't. Friendlier for those of us that don't live in the US!