[x]

See Where You Rank in New Jersey

Originally Posted by RaisingCajun View Post

It boggles my mind that someone as intelligent and reasonable as you are would say something as absurd as this.

Joe Paterno very obviously should have done a lot more than just reporting an incident. To say otherwise--to say that his reporting of the incident was sufficient-- is to utilize the same insane, myopic, criminal reasoning that allowed these series of atrocities to perpetuate far longer than they ever should have.

Why the hell are all of you guys assuming that Joepa knew the guy was raping kids? He didn't.
  2. I think Drew Magary has a really good take on this

http://deadspin.com/5857014/jerry-sa...ons-everywhere

At some point in the coming weeks, Joe Paterno is gonna step down as the head coach at Penn State, and the reason why is because there's no possible way to reconcile the statement he issued yesterday with the details from the grand jury report that say, specifically, that Peterno was told that Jerry Sandusky did things of a "sexual nature" to a child. I would say the use of terms like "child" and "sexual nature" are specific enough. Paterno is going to be allowed the chance to resign with some semblance of dignity, probably before the team's bowl game. And the oblivious sack of shit currently serving as PSU president will get the boot as well. This whole PSU thing is less an indictment of college football than it is an indictment of all entrenched adult institutions. From big-time college football to the Catholic church to Wall Street to government agencies, you'll find that people almost always choose to cover their ass and protect their jobs (and friends) rather than do the right thing.

Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post

You hear someone is "horsing around in the shower" and then you assume this guy you worked with your whole life that's also created one of the world's largest childrens charities is fucking kids on the side? I mean, we're talking about someone that most people would describe as a pillar of the community or something, and then BOOM -- child rapist.

Sorry, but there's no grey area when it comes to middle-aged men showering with random young boys.
  4. Well, I think there's a good chance Joepa will retire (although people have been saying this from the 70s looooooool).

I do think this is an administration issue and not a football program issue. Spanier and curley were always fuck ups, this just proves it to the nth^nth^nth degree. Hope they get locked up after the case.
  5. I'd just like to go ahead and say that any adult who is told of any possible indiscretions against children, and did not call the police, that adult has made a very bad error.

RS, I don't really care what JoePa was told. He did not do enough, period.

I could not be more disappointed with JoePa than I am now. Fuck him for not calling the police. Fuck him for letting a man who has 8 boys testifying against him walk around on campus. Fuck JoePa, his entire career is now tainted because he did not do enough. He though enough about it to have a meeting on a Sunday at his house about it, but outside of that meeting, nothing?

Fuck the guy who did it, and all the assholes who tried to cover that shit up.
    Edited By: jesterwords Nov 7th, 2011 at 11:21 PM
    Originally Posted by ben1234 View Post

Also, if you want to take this to conspiracy level--- The district attorney who knew of the allegations against Sandusky in 98 or 99 went missing in 2005. It is presumed he committed suicide but no body was found and his computer hard drive was mysteriously wiped clean.

I heard about this today, too...I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it's a pretty interesting sidenote.

And RS is smarter than I'll ever be, but to exonerate JoePa in this entire situation is just wrong. Yes, he may have done the right thing in regards to legality, but I wouldn't want my son to go play football for him after reading this whole story. He may have had a squeaky clean image until this story broke, but this will forever tarnish his legacy.
    Edited By: JRoth15 Nov 7th, 2011 at 11:40 PM

You guys all assume they had perfect information. Like the grad student walked into Joe Pa's house and said, "Coach, I saw Sandusky ass raping a 10 year old, what should I do?" and then Paterno said "eh, just talk to the AD, not my problem."

Paterno said,

I mean really, someone comes to your house upset about a former employee and says they were "horsing around" or something fishy. This guy wasn't just any guy. He was the fucking founder of Second Mile children's charity and camp (one of the largest charities in the US) and was a great coach for 30+ years at the school. Even if the accusation was of the 50/50 variety, you know this guy out of anyone is going to get the benefit of the doubt. I don't know what you expect Paterno to do in the situation as he describes it other than to refer the GA to the university president and the AD and make them investigate. Hindsight is 20/20. Who the hell ever ever ever ever ever expected this out of a guy like this, especially after he had worked with Paterno for so many years? You hear someone is "horsing around in the shower" and then you assume this guy you worked with your whole life that's also created one of the world's largest childrens charities is fucking kids on the side? I mean, we're talking about someone that most people would describe as a pillar of the community or something, and then BOOM -- child rapist.

This also has nothing to do with the football program and or death penalties. If JoePa is telling the truth about what he was told (and honestly.. why would we ever assume Joepa is not telling the truth when the guy has literally spent his life being the definition of integrity -- suspending football players for the most minor infractions because he believed it was more important to build men than atheletes, donated all of his money to make a school library, did everything the honorable way.. AND the DA and grand jury said he told the truth), and you put yourself in his shoes, then I can see why we would tell his superior and not call the cops -- as the DA said was appropriate given what he knew. Hindsight. The guy wasn't a coach and why should we punish the guys on the football team for what this sick fuck did? It's so irrational.

That said, I think Curley is an EPIC fuckup that deserves to be fired and probably in jail, depending on what exactly he was told and what he did in response. Same with the univeristy president, Spanier. I can't blame the GA for being so shaken when he first saw the incident. It's easy to say "i would have fucked that guy up" but you never know what you'd do in a situation like that. The janitor that caught the guy was a korean war vet and he almost lost his mind. But still, I have no idea how he doesn't eventually snap out of it and say fuck this, I'm going to the cops now.

The whole thing is just unbelievably mindfucking. Don't know what else to say.

Paterno's statement that he didn't have specific information is absurd. He received a report from the grad student. It was something he thought was important enough that he felt obliged to report to the AD, but how did he make a report if he had no specific information? Why did he ask not ask any questions to clarify what he was being told? If his account is correct, then he went approximately 9 years without doing any follow up with someone he coached and had on his staff for more than 3 decades. He expects us to believe this and that he then went to the AD and made a report to them without any facts. "Hey AD, this grad student saw Jerry doing something in the shower you might want to check" He didn't call the cops. For almost a decade he ignored the issue. It was better for Joe Pa and the program that way. His statements are transparently self-serving. I didn't know so you can't blame me. Bullshit. If he didn't know it was because he actively took steps not to know. The only reason he would do that is because he knew that the fire causing the smoke he was seeing was very bad for him. Screw the kids (pun not intended) Let me cover my ass and then it's done. The grand jury report says that the graduate assistant told Paterno what he saw. Joe Pa is done. For lack of picking up the phone and dialing three digits, he is forever tainted. For his unwillingness to do the right thing, who knows how many other kids were abused. That is on Joe Pa at least as much as the other fools. Protect the program. Protect the coach has backfired bigtime.

Why the hell are all of you guys assuming that Joepa knew the guy was raping kids? He didn't.

that he was told that is the reason I assume it

You guys all assume they had perfect information. Like the grad student walked into Joe Pa's house and said, "Coach, I saw Sandusky ass raping a 10 year old, what should I do?" and then Paterno said "eh, just talk to the AD, not my problem."

Paterno said,

I mean really, someone comes to your house upset about a former employee and says they were "horsing around" or something fishy. This guy wasn't just any guy. He was the fucking founder of Second Mile children's charity and camp (one of the largest charities in the US) and was a great coach for 30+ years at the school. Even if the accusation was of the 50/50 variety, you know this guy out of anyone is going to get the benefit of the doubt. I don't know what you expect Paterno to do in the situation as he describes it other than to refer the GA to the university president and the AD and make them investigate. Hindsight is 20/20. Who the hell ever ever ever ever ever expected this out of a guy like this, especially after he had worked with Paterno for so many years? You hear someone is "horsing around in the shower" and then you assume this guy you worked with your whole life that's also created one of the world's largest childrens charities is fucking kids on the side? I mean, we're talking about someone that most people would describe as a pillar of the community or something, and then BOOM -- child rapist.

This also has nothing to do with the football program and or death penalties. If JoePa is telling the truth about what he was told (and honestly.. why would we ever assume Joepa is not telling the truth when the guy has literally spent his life being the definition of integrity -- suspending football players for the most minor infractions because he believed it was more important to build men than atheletes, donated all of his money to make a school library, did everything the honorable way.. AND the DA and grand jury said he told the truth), and you put yourself in his shoes, then I can see why we would tell his superior and not call the cops -- as the DA said was appropriate given what he knew. Hindsight. The guy wasn't a coach and why should we punish the guys on the football team for what this sick fuck did? It's so irrational.

That said, I think Curley is an EPIC fuckup that deserves to be fired and probably in jail, depending on what exactly he was told and what he did in response. Same with the univeristy president, Spanier. I can't blame the GA for being so shaken when he first saw the incident. It's easy to say "i would have fucked that guy up" but you never know what you'd do in a situation like that. The janitor that caught the guy was a korean war vet and he almost lost his mind. But still, I have no idea how he doesn't eventually snap out of it and say fuck this, I'm going to the cops now.

The whole thing is just unbelievably mindfucking. Don't know what else to say.

sooooo showering with kids is ok in your book, gotcha...nobody said anything about rape in that case, they said "something fishy" and it was in a shower...but thats ok with you, gotcha.
  9. Joe Pa should retire and die.

10. I always like Joe Paterno.

But yeah, he fucked this up and so did everyone else.

If you read the whole indictment, you will read that a janitor saw Sandusky performing oral sex on a boy in the PSU showers. He told his co-workers, but they were all too scared to tell the police.

WTF
    Originally Posted by Justman View Post

I always like Joe Paterno.

But yeah, he fucked this up and so did everyone else.

If you read the whole indictment, you will read that a janitor saw Sandusky performing oral sex on a boy in the PSU showers. He told his co-workers, but they were all too scared to tell the police.

WTF

I read that...in fear of losing their janitorial jobs.

The one guy who actually witnessed it was given the proper names to take it to and chose not to...
  12. at least he got the record tho

13. Most boys raped on his watch?
    Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

Most boys raped on his watch?

no

most boys raped in his shower

c'mon ncj
  15. these last few posts are exactly why JoePa should be done after this season
  16. Penn state???

More like the state pen

17. Can't blame JoePa, he is from back in the day when fucking a young boy in the ass wasn't openly discussed. How times have changed, how they have changed indeed.
  18. Ididnt even know they had muslim extremists at psu, much less coaching
  19. omg just reading victim #2's 1st paragraph about made me puke. think about how fucked this is w/ a 10 year old boy. so fucking wrong. that had to fuck these kids up in the head so bad for the rest of their lives. fry, motherfucker.
    Edited By: MUPokerPlayer Nov 8th, 2011 at 01:19 AM
  20. Teach how to defend the pass, get yourself some young boy ass.

Paterno said,

Personally, I've always despised this type of argument with a passion when it comes to this topic.

Time and time again, in practically every other child rape case that ever comes up over the years, it always seems to go just like this, where the person was given extra benefit of the doubt for having worked with kids for many years.

Seriously?

Are we really this fucking retarded?

Do you guys not comprehend that if someone does childrens programs, or any shit where they are surrounded by kids on a regular basis that not only does that not make it LESS likely that they are a child molester, but rather, MORE likely that they are?

Child molesters extremely frequently try to do exactly that, they try to work or participate or found things that have to do with kids, INTENTIONALLY, because they are secretly sexually attracted to them, so they want to give themselves a way of being around kids in an environment where nobody will think it's weird that they are frequently around children. The idea being, if they were to just creepily stand around at the edge of the playpen at the local park, and stare at kids, everyone would immediately just be like "Whoa, wtf is that guy's deal, someone call the cops on this freak". Whereas, if instead they work for some children's organization, or better yet, found it, then not only will they not get weird looks when they are surrounded by kids a lot, but rather, they'll be applauded for it.

Now, don't get me wrong, in no way am I implying that anyone who works or volunteers for stuff that deals with kids is a child molester. No. Rather, what I'm saying is, child molesters often work with/volunteer/found stuff that has to do with kids.

Sort of like, in no way am I saying that most muslims are terrorists. They're not. But rather, I'm saying most terrorists are Muslims.

Likewise, most people who work with kids are not child molesters. However, most child molesters do try to work with/volunteer/etc with stuff dealing with kids.

This is why it always blows my mind when I hear a scenario where they are like "Yea well, we heard rumors, horrible horrible rumors of touching boys, of rape, of horsing around in the showers, and so on and so forth, but, given that this is a guy who was a founder of a major childrens thingie, and was always known for being such a nice guy who liked to constantly be around children, obviously we had to give him wayyyyy way way more benefit of the doubt than if he hadn't been a person who was always surrounding himself with children and helping children. Ummmmm.. lollllllll.... no.... that's the exact opposite of logic right there.

Btw, RS, if it comes off like I'm bashing you here, I'm not, at all, and I apologize if it came off that way. Obviously you are one of my favorite posters on here. It's just, in my experience you've always been one of, if not THE most logical poster on this entire site (other than maybe dpottz, but imo he's an alien, since no ordinary human could actually be as consistently logical as he is). So, the reason I'm bringing this up in this long ass post is that this specific concept has always been one of the most illogical things I see on an extremely regular basis in our society, and I think if you take the time to think about it, I think you'll agree.
  22. Allegedly Paterno video taped this a few times. Again this is totally circumstantial, heard it from a booster.
  23. comon man
  24. i didn't read past victim #2 and haven't read this thread, but how doesn't the graduate assistant fucking dropkick Sandusky when he is raping a 10 year old boy in the shower. or at the least instantly call 911?
    Edited By: MUPokerPlayer Nov 8th, 2011 at 01:46 AM
    Originally Posted by MUPokerPlayer View Post

i didn't read past victim #2 and haven't read this thread, but how doesn't the graduate assistant fucking dropkick Sandusky when he is raping a 10 year old boy in the shower. or at the least instantly call 911?

reports I saw/heard said that the kid was a former player who obv knew of sandusky's relationship with paterno. being a grad asst can't offer much security and surely made the kid hesitate I don't think that excuse's it but does offer some context. kid was apparently the most stand up of all the people involved I still wonder why he didn't call the cops

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-footbal...txwFw.facebook
  26. Whats even more fucked up is that the "grad assistant" other wise known as Mike Mqueary was promoted to recievers coach the next season. Think that is a coincidence?
  27. Protecting your job is more important than a kid taking a knob.
  28. WoW RS, u r failing hard in this thread.

to think Paterno did all that he was suppose to is so absurd.