View from my bedroom:
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9523/brview.jpg

View from the office:
    http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/9700/officeview.jpg

pretty sweet views ya got Frank!

Add Drinking Buddy to Rail
  2. Save your cheese for a rainy day.
    Add gutbirdxx to Rail
  3. the bottom line is: no matter how guadi or outlandish that shit is, its bigger and nicer than my shit and most of ya'lls shit too

It does look like an early 90's coke dealers pad tho
    Edited By: buchiYAYO Dec 10th, 2010 at 11:14 PM
    Add buchiYAYO to Rail
  4. Sick pad Frank. Congrats
    Add duclover to Rail
  5. I will say that the views are pretty incredible - hopefully you have some sort of outside seating

Add time4badbeat to Rail
  6. Haters always hatin'

Add The Grouch to Rail
  7. yo is that Whitey Bulgers old hideout?
    Add littleze to Rail
  8. Frank.... do you have a relative named Nina?
    Add Basics to Rail
  9. all of OT wishes they lived in a place like this, owned or not
    Add bcdrmr to Rail
  10. lol @ melba toast

Add SaulGood to Rail
    Originally Posted by TiltinShoes View Post

Yikes? You are renting this place?

I mean, it is a sick sick pad for sure, but I'm afraid to know what you might be paying renting here.

given the particular building, and the boston real estate market, he is probably getting it much cheaper than you all think.

That was once the premier building in town - around 1986. Now there are a ton of new luxury high-rise buildings and that particular building has had a history of condo association squabbles in the past. Which is a long way of saying that with lots of new construction at the high end, and the high end market down, the owner is probably willing to take a minimal amount (relatively speaking) from short term renter rather than just leave it empty, since he'd take a huge bath trying to sell it now. Or couldn't even sell it now if he wanted to.

Add bonflizubi to Rail
    Originally Posted by Frank1The1Tank View Post

Likely much less than you think else we wouldn't be living here! I am a travelling poker player, what good would owning a place like this be? Not to mention I could never afford that...

Stick to da poka, clueless about real estate in this market. I am sure I have a few years on you (did not check your age) and IMO renting is like burning money, you should just lay $100 dollar bills on that nasty couch and burn them. At your age, and the success you have had with poker, you should be looking to invest in areas where you can get homes dirt cheap, hang on to them for years to come and accumulate as many properties as possible, when the market fixes itself 5, 10, 15, 20 years from now, you will be smiling when you sell them off. Just my opinion, not hating...
    Add YOMAXX to Rail
  13. not really a guarantee that will happen in 5..10 ... even 20 years. maybe ever?

Add SaulGood to Rail
  14. I'm not much into this PD crap, but can someone answer me a ? ?

Who brags more ... OP or Zpaceman?
    Add chatterbox09 to Rail
    Originally Posted by bonflizubi View Post

given the particular building, and the boston real estate market, he is probably getting it much cheaper than you all think.

That was once the premier building in town - around 1986. Now there are a ton of new luxury high-rise buildings and that particular building has had a history of condo association squabbles in the past. Which is a long way of saying that with lots of new construction at the high end, and the high end market down, the owner is probably willing to take a minimal amount (relatively speaking) from short term renter rather than just leave it empty, since he'd take a huge bath trying to sell it now. Or couldn't even sell it now if he wanted to.

Yeah, man... I make a high non-poker related salary and wouldn't touch that building at all.
    Add iFish to Rail
  16. Those views are amazing... I'd love to wake up to that every morning. Sick pad for sure (except for the furniture obv).
    Add Superleggera to Rail
  17. lol @ anyone hating on this...don't care how much $$ you make, probably not a great financial decision either way..but, can't beat those views.
    Add djoshaz to Rail
    Originally Posted by YOMAXX View Post

Stick to da poka, clueless about real estate in this market. I am sure I have a few years on you (did not check your age) and IMO renting is like burning money, you should just lay $100 dollar bills on that nasty couch and burn them. At your age, and the success you have had with poker, you should be looking to invest in areas where you can get homes dirt cheap, hang on to them for years to come and accumulate as many properties as possible, when the market fixes itself 5, 10, 15, 20 years from now, you will be smiling when you sell them off. Just my opinion, not hating...

If renting is burning money than what is owning a car (I hate that you are from Brooklyn, cause you probably don't own one). When you rent atleast you are paying for something you use a lot.

Add time4badbeat to Rail
    Originally Posted by YOMAXX View Post

.....coming from a man living in Brooklyn who has it all figured out, or so it seems....
    Add kanders10 to Rail
  20. I love how people come here just to bash in this thread because it never worked out in their lives and they try living through other peoples eyes! Keep renting or doing what youre doing because it seems like you're having fun and it's working out!
    Add Luckpete to Rail
  21. Lovely place, Frank. I love to cook so I'd like a bigger kitchen, but other than that, great!
    Add HelenRNurse to Rail
    Originally Posted by SaulGood View Post

not really a guarantee that will happen in 5..10 ... even 20 years. maybe ever?

wow, rly ????
    Add TrafficKing to Rail
    Originally Posted by TrafficKing View Post

wow, rly ????

yarly
    Add bcdrmr to Rail
  24. holy freakin shit
    Add Lameass_ to Rail
  25. Nice place, and sick views.

I don't think I could handle a big city year round though, esp after what you said about grocery shopping in the 2+2 thread. I like my space
    Add chancew to Rail
  26. I agree with everything pghfan said in this thread.
    Add Esarbe to Rail
    Originally Posted by Luckpete View Post

I love how people come here just to bash in this thread because it never worked out in their lives and they try living through other peoples eyes! Keep renting or doing what youre doing because it seems like you're having fun and it's working out!

Ya, at 25, life is all about regrets and coulda/woulda/shoulda's

Add time4badbeat to Rail
  28. why does your liquor have no lids?
    Add locustbend to Rail
  29. Some recommended reading on renting vs buying, courtesy of Taylor Caby:

A post from that "other" forum

Taylor's blog
    Add rfohrenbach to Rail
    Originally Posted by kanders10;5944277[B

].....coming from a man living in Brooklyn[/B] who has it all figured out, or so it seems....

Oh the ignorance, just because it says I'm from Brooklyn, means I still live in Brooklyn?

Originally Posted by time4badbeat View Post

If renting is burning money than what is owning a car (I hate that you are from Brooklyn, cause you probably don't own one). When you rent atleast you are paying for something you use a lot.

Probably the dumbest ignorant comment I have ever heard, Do you think that homes in Brooklyn do not exist? And are you assuming because I am from Brooklyn, it automatically means I rent?
    Edited By: YOMAXX Dec 13th, 2010 at 04:01 AM
    Add YOMAXX to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 63 4 5 6