1. Really fuckin hope this is the major step into getting online poker back in the US
    Add tmac456 to Rail
  2. http://quadjacks.com/poker-radio/

quadjacks is up and running. Mike the Mouth is on right now if any1 is interested

Add stackinsideways to Rail
    Originally Posted by stackinsideways View Post

http://quadjacks.com/poker-radio/

quadjacks is up and running. Mike the Mouth is on right now if any1 is interested

lol at taking anything this lifeloser says seriously. he knows nothing about everything. all the "inside info" he was spewing after black friday turned out to be bull shit. I hate the old school players with a passion

Add SyphonSoul to Rail
    Originally Posted by TMLMS13 View Post

o/u on when Stars gets back in?

back in the US market? i am hopeful but skeptical. i put it o/u at 3 years. i hope i'm wrong.
    Add MUPokerPlayer to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheWacoKidd View Post

gonna go out on a limb and guess that the Bernard Tapie Groupe and Pokerstars recognize a potentially profitable acquisition when they see one...

I hope this happens.

From the P5's article relating to the failure of the Tapie deal:

"A statement from the consortium explains that the reasons for the failure are twofold, citing the inability to agree a repayment plan for rest-of-world players plus legal complications which 'proved unresolvable.'"

I can see how the repayment of players could be resolved, but the legal complications with the DOJ might be a tough nut to crack. Money solves many problems though. I hope I'm wrong.
    Add Willywoo to Rail
  6. pokerstars corporate blog says no reports till discussions with DoJ are final.

edit: actually just says will share info when they can but seems as if they are still in discussion

http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/corpor...3438.html#more
    Edited By: JoeSexAppeal Apr 24th, 2012 at 09:55 PM
    Add JoeSexAppeal to Rail
  7. Nice, at least that confirms they are in discussion
    Add Zeppelin to Rail

some of you guys are so damn pessimistic... life must be fun.

We've been lead on so many times in the past year....its kinda hard to be optimistic at this point

Originally Posted by MUPokerPlayer View Post

this is one thing that was so odd to me about that whole situation. that the DOJ said to stars "what you are doing and have been doing is illegal and you are in big trouble, but we will let you do it (pay US players) one last time and for this one instance you will not get in trouble for it."

This is pretty much spot on. I don't think the gov initially intended to let them pay us...rather just confiscate the funds since there are several laws in place that lets them do that, but the backlash was huge and they went "ok shitstorm was bigger than expected, lets tell them to pay everyone or we will take their gamin license away." Pokerstars said " ok done. See you guys in a few years...we <3 Canada Europe and Australia anyway". FTP went "But, but, but...we can't pay everyone cause we would go bankrupt....our owners have been skimming off the top for 6 years and we are already in the red. We'll stall as long as possible"

They can act like they couldn't find a payment processor to work with all they want, but they coulda used the same one stars was using. Maybe if they didn't have such shady business practices people wouldn't have been reluctant to work with them.

While this (if it turns out to be true) is good for the industry as a whole....I won't trust my money with anything that bears the FTP label.
    Add Mr. Blonde to Rail
    Originally Posted by cdmalgee View Post

The DOJ's announcement at 12 EST, today.

www.justice.gov/04242012/internet.gaming.provisions.htm

FUCK!
    Add Mr. Blonde to Rail
    Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post

While this (if it turns out to be true) is good for the industry as a whole....I won't trust my money with anything that bears the FTP label.

I would have no problem putting my money on there with pokerstars oversight. They might even have a decent support team for once!!!
    Add JoeSexAppeal to Rail
    Originally Posted by rayspizza View Post

"Thats fucking interesting man" Right, If stars could have leveraged the FTP player payout, in order gain acess to the market, upon regulation, for that specific brand. It seems odd that they wouldn't do it for their brand tho, which I assume would be their flagship.

Pokerstars has always been more focused on market share outside of the US, FTP always more focus on the US. I think it makes sense to have both but if you have to chose one then FTP makes more sense in the US and PS can just keep owning the rest of the globe.

I hope this is true
    Add littleze to Rail
    Originally Posted by JoeSexAppeal View Post

pokerstars corporate blog says no reports till discussions with DoJ are final.

edit: actually just says will share info when they can but seems as if they are still in discussion

Are they in discussions for themselves or FTP or both. I'm assuming it's for them only, but if it helps them in resolving their case to take care of FTP and its customers, then I can see why they would do it. Maybe they are getting blackmailed by DOJ to get a spot at the table when poker in the US opens up again. Money solves a lot of problems.
    Add Willywoo to Rail
    Originally Posted by JoeSexAppeal View Post

pokerstars corporate blog says no reports till discussions with DoJ are final.

this is about as good as a confirmation for me.

stars doesnt fuck around. If these were baseless rumors they would have shot them down instantly.

its the real deal.

14. Marco on quadjacks is actually being a pretty decent voice of reason
    Add MUPokerPlayer to Rail

I think that PokerStars will either close the Full Tilt brand or make it a “skin” of PokerStars. I’m aware that the sources today have stated that there will be two separate sites. PokerStars has some incentive to keep it that way, as there are a number of users who prefer each of the two types of software and have loyalties for one reason or another to a particular brand.

This reminds me of when the WWE bought WCW. First they tried to keep them as 2 separate brands but it failed miserably. The thing that made wrestling so appealing then was the direct competition. It sucks now.
    Add Mr. Blonde to Rail
  16. the fact that they acknowledged the rumors and told us that they will tell us more when they can is fucking huge.

stars would never do that unless these rumors are true.

Originally Posted by rayspizza View Post

"Thats fucking interesting man" Right, If stars could have leveraged the FTP player payout, in order gain acess to the market, upon regulation, for that specific brand. It seems odd that they wouldn't do it for their brand tho, which I assume would be their flagship.

it might be pokerstars "punishment" for the DOJ not bringing anything to trial and for not pulling out of the US market like party and others did? total speculation there

or maybe stars will be in too, eventually...

EDIT: oh and I asked deeb a question

waco: by open in US, u mean once the feds act?
    waco: or open in the current market
    deeb: im not sure
    deeb: which is why I didnt clairfy
    Edited By: TheWacoKidd Apr 24th, 2012 at 10:19 PM
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  18. Waco do you have any idea if this thing is done like just need to sign the dotted line or is the whole thing still in motion with unresolved issues?

I mean im sure you would have said if you did just wondering if you got anymore inside info from anyone.
    Edited By: JoeSexAppeal Apr 24th, 2012 at 10:33 PM
    Add JoeSexAppeal to Rail
  19. I just wanna win t-shirts again!
    Add Hateflops to Rail
  20. one. time.

Add killingbird to Rail
  21. nice work getting deeb to clear that up Waco. was really hoping for a better explanation from him.

22. closing FTP and making it a skin of PS sounds a million times better...ONE TIME!
    Add tamayo85 to Rail

it might be pokerstars "punishment" for the DOJ not bringing anything to trial and for not pulling out of the US market like party and others did? total speculation there

or maybe stars will be in too, eventually...

EDIT: oh and I asked deeb a question

waco: by open in US, u mean once the feds act?
    waco: or open in the current market
    deeb: im not sure
    deeb: which is why I didnt clairfy

yeah, I think that everyone is so juiced at what Deeb said, that we're reading into it too much. He was being vague, because he had incomplete information. It seems most likely that the deal involves both brands entering the market, once legislation is passed; but who knows. Good looking out TWK.
    Edited By: rayspizza Apr 24th, 2012 at 10:31 PM
    Add rayspizza to Rail
    Originally Posted by tamayo85 View Post

closing FTP and making it a skin of PS sounds a million times better...ONE TIME!

except that Stars software is a fucking abortion.
    Add Autolobotomist to Rail
  25. just imagine FTPs software with Pokerstars support.

dont think I could ask for much more than that

26. Sunday 2 Million this sunday
    Add littleze to Rail
  27. lol. the traffic would be insane the first sunday back.
    Add rayspizza to Rail
    Originally Posted by Autolobotomist View Post

i respectfully disagree

heres hoping to pokerstarUS.com or whatever
    Add tamayo85 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Autolobotomist View Post

wtf? Stars has by faaaaaar the better software, not even close.
    Add Hateflops to Rail