[x]

See Where You Rank in New Jersey

1. I rarely play the lotto, but ima pick up a Powerball ticket today. $250 million is like Romney money, I gotta take a shot.

What would you do with $250 million?

I would buy a home in NY, a home in Israel and a home on a Caribbean island. Nothing too crazy as far as cars go. Maybe an Audi for me and a Range Rover for the wife. Once I've paid off my parents mortgage and gave everyone in my family a couple hundred thou I would invest the rest.
  2. couple hundred thou to family and pay off parents mortgage when you win $250m? you tight fckr lol. All my mates would get several mill each, and family even more. Leave myself with about $200m and i should get by on that.
  3. I would use it during facebook IPO and be a billionare
  4. $156 million cash value. Set aside $54 million for federal and another $8 million for state taxes.

$94 million free and clear. Invest at a 2% after tax rate of return and you have $1.88 million a year.

156k a month. Not too shabby.
  5. I would want to make a difference in the world. I would become president of the United States of America. I would inspire change and a strong work ethic in my people. I would be the most loved leader. This would slowly transition into fear because we live in a dangerous world and the outside threats are frightening. To make matters worse I would plant a domestic terrorist . Out of necessity I would consolidate my power. As the elections came closer I would launch a war against Mexico to protect our borders, making billions off the drug trade I now control in the process. I'd be forced into declaring martial law. After a couple years I would make a bold statement and execute opposition leaders and round up the intellectuals who do not support America. Then I would set out in my plans to conquer the world.

Canada, you are first to go
  6. two chicks, but at different times
  7. $250mm will pay out about $100 million.

Blow $20 million on houses, cars, boats, watches, all the other toys, friends and family.

Put $10 million in to my business hiring executives, junior staff, admin staff, and advertising.

Spread $70 million out as follows: 15% in stocks (no funds), 15% in corporate paper (no sovereign debt not even the US), 15% in real estate, 40% in hard assets (gold, silver, oil, corn, sugar, wheat, coffee, cocoa, soybeans, and cotton), and my cash position (15%) would be a basket of currencies.
    Edited By: JAAAAA!!!! Feb 8th, 2012 at 03:36 PM
    Originally Posted by latifahs View Post

two chicks, but at different times

youre doing it wrong

ill waste 10 bucks a week on this now. why? fuck it why not. itll give me 5 minutes during each drawing to be excited for something thats not happening

ive also read most people who win these huge jackpots are fucking miserable
  9. I'd get smokecocks wife liposuction for those fat ass arms
  10. Obvious the standard toys for myself: house, cars, clothes, jewelry
    Pay off parents mortgage
    Purchase parents a vacation home of their choosing
    Houses or apartments for brother and sister
    New cars for parents, brother, sister
    Pay off any student loan payments in my family and prolly those of close friends
    Epic celebration bash in Vegas
    invest invest invest
    Originally Posted by dolphin13 View Post

I'd get smokecocks wife liposuction for those fat ass arms

Do you ever read the threads you post in? You only get $250 million
    Originally Posted by zeppelinzoso16 View Post

Do you ever read the threads you post in? You only get $250 million

Loooooooooooooool.

You all realize that if you give friends and family millions of dollars they have to pay taxes on what you give them after you pay taxes???

I guess you could buy a house and let them live in it or buy a car and let them borrow it.
  13. hang out with charlie sheen for a week

Loooooooooooooool.

You all realize that if you give friends and family millions of dollars they have to pay taxes on what you give them after you pay taxes???

I guess you could buy a house and let them live in it or buy a car and let them borrow it.

Couldnt you set up some sort of corporation and issue shares to family/friends and pay a yearly dividend to get around taxes?

They sure make it tough to give away money.
    Edited By: RichardHurtz Feb 8th, 2012 at 03:54 PM
  15. I would move to Las Vegas and bring all my friends with me.

*edit* id also buy p5's and ban all the douche bags (85%) of the posters
    Edited By: smokerock247 Feb 8th, 2012 at 03:54 PM
  16. Don't get your hopes up - I am going to win, jebus told me so
    Originally Posted by RichardHurtz View Post

Couldnt you set up some sort of corporation and issue shares to family/friends and pay a yearly dividend to get around taxes?

They sure make it tough to give away money.

They'd still have to pay capital gains tax. There could be ways around it. I think you can give 15 grand away to a person each year without tax ramifications. Don't think there's a limit on gifts like watches, jewelry, etc. need a tax lawyer up in here

They'd still have to pay capital gains tax. There could be ways around it. I think you can give 15 grand away to a person each year without tax ramifications. Don't think there's a limit on gifts like watches, jewelry, etc. need a tax lawyer up in here

sounds interesting

19. The price went from $1 per number to $2 per number. $250mil is not that big for the new structure.
  20. Wont it be crazy if either Mega Millions or Powerball hit 1 billion
  21. We are currently putting our money together at the office to buy a bunch of tickets, one time!

22. lol @ powerball doubling the price of a ticket and trying to spin it with the BS "Tickets now just $2!" garbage.

I'll stick to mega millions, that way I can buytwice as many tickets that won't even come remotely close to getting one number right.
  23. $13,000 per person in 2012. If you are married you could double that if you give a combined gift.

Chances to win 1-175,000,000

Cost per entry $2. Invest $350 million for even money chance to win $156 million.

The lottery is the only tax on persons with poor math skills.
    Originally Posted by Mr Galt View Post

$13,000 per person in 2012. If you are married you could double that if you give a combined gift.

Cost per entry $2. Invest $350 million for even money chance to win $156 million.

I agree with you that lotto is a tax on the dumb and uneducated, which is why I only buy maybe 5 tickets a year. However, when the odds are this slim "pot odds" really shouldn't factor into the equation. It's more likely to get struck by lighting twice than to win.
  25. The ROI is ridiculously negative and there is no skill or strategy to improve your odds. Bet sizing is not a relevant consideration. It is a super --EV bet with every ticket purchased.

The ROI is ridiculously negative and there is no skill or strategy to improve your odds. Bet sizing is not a relevant consideration. It is a super --EV bet with every ticket purchased.

But what if you win man? Can't win if you don't play.

Originally Posted by smokerock247 View Post

I would move to Las Vegas and bring all my friends with me.

*edit* id also buy p5's and ban all the douche bags (85%) of the posters

pic related

That is your wife saying you are angry because dolphin made a joke about your wifes fat arms.
    Edited By: mattg1983 Feb 8th, 2012 at 05:27 PM

$13,000 per person in 2012. If you are married you could double that if you give a combined gift.

This seems right.

I'm still gonna buy a ticket.
  29. mattg wins the Powerball of SR posts. I gift you $250 million, will transfer on FT ASAP.