[x]

See Where You Rank in New Jersey

A mother faces a year in jail after forcing her 10 year old son to walk almost five miles to school after he was banned from the school bus.
    Valerie Borders said she wanted to teach her son Nequavion a lesson after his bad behaviour led to his bus riding privileges being suspended at his school in Arkansas.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...angerment.html

This was his fifth time being kicked off the bus because of his behavior. When I was his age, I had to walk to school about 2.5 miles when I missed the bus.
    Originally Posted by jay_bear View Post

When I was his age, I had to walk to school about 2.5 miles when I missed the bus.

In the snow and uphill both ways Im sure. I never missed the bus because the bus ride to and from school was always one of the highlights of the day. Once I was a freshman in high school, I always got rides to school so I really only rode the bus for 2 years anyway. Too harsh yes, but Im actually more interested in what the kid that was so bad he got banned from the bus. We did some pretty fucked up shit on the bus and I cant remember anyone getting anything more than a detention.
    Edited By: danimal703 Feb 21st, 2012 at 11:09 PM
  3. obviously harsh.

Should have given the kid a bicycle though, 5 miles is a long walk
  4. two
    Edited By: marc1313 Feb 21st, 2012 at 11:08 PM
  5. an hour walk? don't think it is child abuse unless it was very poor weather.
  6. Our society is getting so soft it makes me want to cry.

Which now would be socially acceptable and if anyone bullied me I'd be able to prosecute them for being meanies.

Barf.
  7. Nequavion? Lol that name rapes.
  8. There must be a dice game involved in selection these names. GE names its new CEO, Nequavion.
  9. Lol yeah the names must be out of the bible right? And I think making him walk was a good idea, maybe a little to far but a good idea.
  10. i mean it might be a little harsh, but fuck...how does the mother get a year in prison for that?

agreed with zeppelin she should've given him a bike to ride instead.
  11. i used to walk that far for drivers ed before i got my license
  12. I thought the government wanted to help obesity...
  13. I would have been in bad shape had I been kicked off the bus. Never would have gotten any homework done.

14. His name is Nequavion. He's been punished enough.
  15. Nequavion got an instant chuckle

16. when I was a kid I had to walk to school uphill both ways.
  17. The mother should get a year in jail for naming her son Nequavion.
  18. My dad did the exact same thing to me when I was a kid. I was probably 12 though and it was 3.5 miles to school. I wasnt even kicked off the bus, I just got in trouble on it. I bet that kid learned a lesson....but I think 10 is a little young for that kind of punishment.
  19. holy shit I can't believe anyone thinks that it's ok for the government to step in and threaten this lady with a year in prison for disciplining her kid. I guess in the end they figure if it's not the mom, the kid will be there eventually
  20. too*

Originally Posted by Lord Supremo View Post

Nequavion? Lol that name rapes.

And this lawl
  21. Nequavion is gon be thankin his moms for the extra workout when he makes da league.
  22. This is exactly what's wrong with the states these days. So much oversight in our daily lives from the government. Reminds me of the recent food incident in the kindergarten with the chicken nuggets.
    The child is a little asshole. He assholed 5 times on the bus. He ruined his free ride. Mom straight up says "You're a little asshole, little assholes walk themselves to school."
    I'm 100% behind the mom here.

Originally Posted by Geoff Moore View Post

holy shit I can't believe anyone thinks that it's ok for the government to step in and threaten this lady with a year in prison for disciplining her kid. I guess in the end they figure if it's not the mom, the kid will be there eventually

THIS!
    Edited By: nw25th Feb 22nd, 2012 at 12:57 AM
  23. seriously? like a one off time there to school then a walk home after that try to get him back on bus if that fails then get him a bike.

lol do love the part in the article....he coulda been injured.......lmao uh yea he could get hurt doing damn near anything. does the school have a playground? does it have anything that you can climb on? oh shit gotta get rid of it cuz he could fall and hurt himself.

now the child abduction part has some validity.

how exactly are you suppose to punish a kid these days?

only one i know of is you can sit them in a room with no electronics, a timeout. thats it. altho im sure before long it will be well gotta leave them something cuz thats psychological abuse.

can we just go back to the days when you can paddle a butt and as long as it isn't severely over the top its okay.
  24. After reading that name multiple times, i still have no clue how its pronounced.
  25. well..i guess it depends on where he was walking.

if he had to go thru some rough areas than of course the mother is being a dipshit.

also depends on the kid...some 10 year olds could handle it while others could not.

regardless...having a 10 year old walk 5 miles by themselves is just retarded and definately a poor decision.

having said that...the government needs to stay the fuck out
  26. LOL Arkansas
    Originally Posted by Jaybone2315 View Post

After reading that name multiple times, i still have no clue how its pronounced.

Pretty sure its Neh-KWAY-vee-on
    Originally Posted by Jaybone2315 View Post

After reading that name multiple times, i still have no clue how its pronounced.

nuh-kway-vee-on obv. u too white.
    Edited By: Neeek Feb 22nd, 2012 at 01:36 AM
  29. 5 miles? Walking?

The horror.

Someone should ask what that guy who shot the laptop thinks about this.

30. Okay. That makes sense.

The "qua" part was fucking up my head.