[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. I consider myself the ultimate Pop-Tart aficionado. I eat them everyday, have tried every flavor at least twice, and never get sick of them. They're the ultimate snack. Sometimes I replace entire meals with them. I am single-handedly keeping the Kellog's Pop-Tart franchise in business.

So without further ado, I will now rank the best Pop-Tart flavors from best to worst. Let's get started.

(I'm only ranking the frosted variety. The other kinds - unfrosted, splitz - don't exist in my book.)

1. Hot Fudge Sundae

The best of the best. Allow me to do my best Adam Richman of "Man vs. Food" impersonation when describing these delicacies:

"The creamy filling mixes perfectly with the hard outer chocolately exterior to create the ultimate Pop-Tart eating experience. The milky content oozes out of its shell straight into your mouth. The sprinkled frosting is an amazing compliment to the other rich layers of goodness. This, my friends, is the best Pop-Tart I've ever eaten."

2. Cookies & Cream

The crumbly cookie outside and vanilla creme inside make for a wonderful combination. It's like eating a giant Oreo, only better. Provides everything you crave in a quality snack: chocolate, vanilla icing, cream filling, a mail-in offer for a talking alarm clock...

3. Strawberry

The Ole Reliable. If this Pop-Tart were a major league baseball player, its name would be Jamie Moyer. It's just never seems to get old. This one might not "wow" you with every bite, but you never grow tired of the taste. The best-selling Pop-Tart in Kellogs history.

4. Chocolate Banana Split

A new one I tried just the other day. It was an awe-inspiring experience to say the least. It served as the main inspiration for this post. I literally grabbed my crotch everytime I took a bite, it was that good. I would have it ranked higher, but I'm still unsure if it'll hold up with everyday use. Time will tell.

5. Vanilla Milkshake

Another new one on the market. I promise you will fall in love with this flavor the first time you bite into it. Loses points because the taste does get old after 10 consecutive pastries. You can really only mix these in every so often to fully enjoy them.

6. S'mores

This one really should be ranked higher. It has all the qualities you'd want in a favorite snack. The only problem with this Pop-Tart is the filling isn't as gooey as you'd like. It's too thick. Earns bonus points for being almost as reliable as Strawberry.

7. Chocolate Chip

This one is bordering on unfrosted territory. If it weren't for that thick layer of chocolate drizzle on top, I'd probably wouldn't touch it. All things considered, this is one good fucking Pop-Tart.

8. Chocolate Vanilla Cream

A good, solid pastry. Nothing too exciting. Easily forgotten behind all the other big names on the grocery shelves. Comes in, does its job, and doesn't leave you feeling ill afterwards.

The rest of the best:

9. Brown Sugar Cinnamon
    10. Frosted Cherry
    11. Chocolate Fudge

12. Frosted Blueberry

The mediocre category:

13. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
    14. Wildberry
    15. Strawberry Milkshake
    16. Strawberry Cheese Danish

Utterly disgusting:

17. Apple Strudel
    18. Cinnamon Roll
    19. Raspberry
    20. Ginger Bread
    Add 1.21Gigawatts to Rail
  2. #3 was the old reliable.
    Add HK_MP5N to Rail
  3. marry me, please?
    Add BillMueller to Rail
  4. 1- You sir are a prophet of the toasted tart. Hot Fudge sundae. If this isnt your number 1 then you are french, or love Le Penix.

2-Smore. what can I say. I love me some smores. doesnt touch the real thing, but damn tasty.

3-Choc Chip. Just gorged on a box of those yesterday. Then my wife yelled at me because it was to be by sons snack after gymnastics.

4-the only one I toast is Brown sugar cin. I love this sumbitch toasted. If its not toasted it drops out of top 10 for me.

5-strawberry- Now this causes me problems. I usually need a strawberry fix from time to time. But the last box i got was total ass. The crust was limp, and doughy, and the filling was just off. Maybe I got a bad batch or something, but my heart was broken that day. I am not sure i can give Strawberry another chance or not. That lieing, taste changing WHORE!!!!!

I dont really touch any others unless it is jsut randomly given to us by my wifes grandparents. My wifes grandma is one of those if its on sale she buys it. So we end up with all kinds of random stuff from time to time.
    Add baughman to Rail
  5. How is blueberry not in the top 10, sfrigged
    Add d1am0ndc to Rail
  6. Giga- being that you are the "ultimate Pop-Tart aficionado", can you help me recall the name of my all time favorite Pop-Tart? It was the one with blue filling where the sprinkles on the outside changed from white to multi-colored when you toasted them. I miss them :(
    Add Sangwich to Rail
  7. OP loses a lot of credibility with Strawberry at #3 imo.
    Add elusively to Rail
    Originally Posted by elusively View Post

OP loses a lot of credibility with Strawberry at #3 imo.

word
    Add Mr323 to Rail
  9. brown sugar cinnamon and strawberry my favorites.

How stupid is kellogg for dropping michael phelps, they shoulda made a commerial with him chowing on poptarts with him saying man nothing cures the munchies better than a poptart
    Add str8frush to Rail
  10. 1. smores

I really am not qualified to make a list so I will just name my favorite because smores pop tarts hold a special place in my heart.

edit-used to toast them up then eat all around the frosted part so Id leave the smore and only the smore left and then eat that by itself.
    Add xxACES UPxx to Rail
  11. strawberry and smores
    Add scarface_79 to Rail
  12. I like Chocolate Fudge and Cherry most. I really don't do most of the exotic flavors you listed.

I have a story though from yesterday. I go to fix my oldest son breakfast (cereal and a piece of toast). Then my daughter and youngest son decided they wanted a piece of toast too. No problem. I'm as hungry as a bear waking up from hibernation, salivating over a pack of chocolate Pop Tarts, but my kids come first. So I toast the little ones toast. Finally, my turn. I put the Pop Tarts in the toaster and push the lever down, but it won't stay down. They just pop back up, the little burners in the toaster won't come on. I'm like "WTF toaster, how you going to give me 2 good toasting sessions in a row, and then just decide not to work?" I prayed that maybe the toaster just got too hot, and started fanning it and blowing cool air on it to cool it down. No avail, it's dead. I had to resort to the microwave ( I hate microwaved Pop Tarts, it's just not natural).

Damn you Toaster, Damn you to hell
    Add clizzark to Rail
  13. 3 is 1 and ur fat
    Add mason32 to Rail
  14. Nature's Path Brown Sugar Maple is the best pop-tart ever.
    Add Seykota to Rail
  15. .... marry me?

Add sketchy1 to Rail
  16. Smores, chocolate chip, choc fudge, vanilla milk shake. I like the concept of a lot of the op favs but they didn't put enough filling in them and all the crusts are the same. Imo
    Add skisteve to Rail
  17. cookie doughhh! imo
    Add cfarrington to Rail
    Originally Posted by 1.21Gigawatts View Post

exist in my book.)

1. Hot Fudge Sundae

The best of the best. Allow me to do my best Adam Richman of "Man vs. Food" impersonation when describing these delicacies:

"The creamy filling mixes perfectly with the hard outer chocolately exterior to create the ultimate Pop-Tart eating experience. The milky content oozes out of its shell straight into your mouth. The sprinkled frosting is an amazing compliment to the other rich layers of goodness. This, my friends, is the best Pop-Tart I've ever eaten."

love that show and really lol'd reading that description.
    Add tmac456 to Rail
  19. Apologies, I frgit that had a chocolate exterior! Rank immediately.
    Add skisteve to Rail
    Originally Posted by baughman View Post

4-the only one I toast is Brown sugar cin. I love this sumbitch toasted. If its not toasted it drops out of top 10 for me.

^^^This for sure but #1 FTW

Add NAS662 to Rail
  21. smore FTMFW
    Add ajedrez to Rail
  22. anyone like toaster strudels? i actually like them more. although i have never tried "boston cream pie" because i have a different interpretation of what that is.

Add sketchy1 to Rail
  23. fml... they don't sell most of the flavours mentioned by OP in Canada, at least where I live...
    Add Brian06 to Rail
  24. the best ever was Frosted Dutch Apple. not sure why they don't make those anymore (or at least I haven't seen them in at least ten years).
    Add whaler55 to Rail
    Originally Posted by d1am0ndc View Post

How is blueberry not in the top 10, sfrigged

Exactly.
    Add RATE615 to Rail
  26. i think brown sugar should be in the top 8. solid and never gets old
    Add Garrr to Rail
  27. It has probably been a dozen years since I had a Pop-Tart. I plan to change that tomorrow.
    Add El Burro to Rail
    Originally Posted by El Burro View Post

It has probably been a dozen years since I had a Pop-Tart. I plan to change that tomorrow.

After a long hiatus, I too have been inspired. I think i'm as excited as I've been in a long time.
    Add MangosPapa to Rail
  29. 1. frosted cherry
    2. s'mores
    Add soonerdel to Rail
  30. I eat the brown sugar & cinnamon ones for breakfast almost every day. I also haven't toasted a Pop Tart since I was a child.

As far as your list is concerned, BOOOOO, I say, BOOOOO. Apple Streudel may have been made by God Herself they are so good, and they are almost impossible to find. Sort of like nacho cheese Cheetos.
    Add timthegem to Rail