[x]

See Where You Rank in New Jersey

  1.  
    Originally Posted by edwardt1988 View Post

    Nothing. The fact that his lover is Mexican has though. Lover says that he is legal here though.

    Next time read the entire thing and the link before you post reply. Ok? Sometimes you're more annoying that smokerock


    owned

     
    Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

    Yes, confused. Unless op wasnt supposed to make sense


    you're always confused, jeffrey

     
    Originally Posted by FenwayKing View Post

    uhhhhh it does if that policy is homophobic...ducy?


    this

     
    Originally Posted by dixiecrat88 View Post

    Not believing in gay marriage does not automatically classify you as a homophobe, just as not believing in affirmative action action doesn't mean you are a racist or sexist.

    not this
    Add AMARTIN1181 to Rail
  2. Comparing it to affirmative action isnt fair anyway cause the main problem people have with AA is that they think it gives african americans an advantage. It gives them extra benefits or whatever. What gay marriage wants is equality. They're not asking for anything extra which is the main argument people opposed to affirmatve action cite in a debate. Its just not a fair comparison

    Of course no argument i make is gonna matter cause for convenience you're just gonna fall back on the it being a choice thing. so whatever, it doesnt matter.
    Edited By: XXEDPXX Feb 21st, 2012 at 07:15 AM
    Add XXEDPXX to Rail
  3.  
    Originally Posted by dixiecrat88 View Post

    I have said in other threads that I, along with many other people in this country believe that homosexuality is a life choice. Now I could be wrong on that, but I do not feel as though there is any actual proof that people are born gay.

    Because I believe that it is a life choice I feel that we have the right to define it as something other than marriage. If the day comes when homosexuality is Proven to be a way you are born and not a choice then I will 100% switch my position. And be in favor of
    calling it marriage.

    I guess it matters what you mean by having something against them. I don't personally have anything against any gay person, but I will admit that I do not approve of their lifestyle choice. Now I might not have the right to approve or disapprove, that is an understandable argument, but I don't think that makes me a homophobe.

    I believe that you being a huge goddamn idiot is a lifechoice. because you are a huge goddamn idiot, I feel that I have the right to deny your marriage; its between a goddamn idiot and a woman, not a man and a woman.

    It could very be that you are a man, but you are such a goddamn idiot it hasn't really been proven yet. Until its proven, I think its acceptable to define you as a goddamn idiot and treat you like an absolute piece of shit. I'll totally change my mind if you provide me reason to believe that you are in, in fact, a man. I'm not close minded for fucks sake.


    Take your shity argument back to your nascar forums. your retard logic will be more accepted there.
    Edited By: Neeek Feb 21st, 2012 at 11:25 AM
    Add Neeek to Rail
  4.  
    Originally Posted by dixiecrat88 View Post

    I have said in other threads that I, along with many other people in this country believe that homosexuality is a life choice. Now I could be wrong on that, but I do not feel as though there is any actual proof that people are born gay.

    Because I believe that it is a life choice I feel that we have the right to define it as something other than marriage. If the day comes when homosexuality is Proven to be a way you are born and not a choice then I will 100% switch my position. And be in favor of
    calling it marriage.

    I guess it matters what you mean by having something against them. I don't personally have anything against any gay person, but I will admit that I do not approve of their lifestyle choice. Now I might not have the right to approve or disapprove, that is an understandable argument, but I don't think that makes me a homophobe.

    Who is "we"?

    How does someone else's marriage effect yours?

    Do you believe in equal rights?
    Add MustbeMoore to Rail
  5.  
    Originally Posted by phish42O View Post

    Holy shit this post has so much win and fail all at one.

    A+++

    And kudos for coming out!

    Yawn, not gay. If you really think I'm gay that's cool.

    To Dixie: I agree with you that being a republican does not make you a homophobe automatically. Also, like I said before there's probably many democrats and Democratic leaders that are homophobes. The difference is that they do not make their national platform based on hating the gay. And yes, their policies do center around gay hate cloaked in "defending family values".

    When you are a rising start in a republican party who has 3/4 nominees for presidency in a breakneck race to the bottom in an attempt to appeal to the most extreme wing of their party, it is reasonable to believe that you don't want people to find out about your gay affair with your immigrant and possibly illegal lover. Now that people know he is gay, he is switching to Ron Paul's idea that government should stay out of the bedroom(which it should). This is a switch of convenience however, and I am willing to bet that if he was up on that stage with the other 4 presidential candidates he would not be Ron Paul. He would be more like Rick Santorum. It's sad really, because I am with you in thinking that the Republican Party is more than its extreme fringe. It's more than the people who boo gay servicemen and boo disabled people. However, you now have a huge PR problem in the eyes of outsiders, and as long as you allow that fringe to drive the national message and discussion for your party, you are complicit in its promotion
    Thread StarterAdd Gronksknee to Rail
  6. when this story first broke, i thought it was a much bigger deal. now i don't think so. don't care that he's gay, and it seems like he had a legitimate beef re: his website being tampered with.

    wacky immigration beliefs, of course, but that's true of the majority of arizona politicans
     2
    Add warden to Rail
  7.  
    Originally Posted by warden View Post

    when this story first broke, i thought it was a much bigger deal. now i don't think so. don't care that he's gay, and it seems like he had a legitimate beef re: his website being tampered with.

    wacky immigration beliefs, of course, but that's true of the majority of arizona politicans

    He did very well being straightforward and honest when the news broke
    Thread StarterAdd Gronksknee to Rail
  8.  
    Originally Posted by Neeek View Post

    I believe that you being a huge goddamn idiot is a lifechoice. because you are a huge goddamn idiot, I feel that I have the right to deny your marriage; its between a goddamn idiot and a woman, not a man and a woman.

    It could very be that you are a man, but you are such a goddamn idiot it hasn't really been proven yet. Until its proven, I think its acceptable to define you as a goddamn idiot and treat you like an absolute piece of shit. I'll totally change my mind if you provide me reason to believe that you are in, in fact, a man. I'm not close minded for fucks sake.


    Take your shity argument back to your nascar forums. your retard logic will be more accepted there.

    Do not go gently into that good night...
    Rage! Rage! Against the dying of the light.
    Add phish42O to Rail
  9.  
    Originally Posted by Geoff Moore View Post

    Who is "we"?

    How does someone else's marriage effect yours?

    Do you believe in equal rights?

    Someone else's marriage really doesnt effect my life, be it gay or straight one. The fact is that many people believe that gay people are not born that way, and that doesnt necessarily make those people correct, but as I have said, I do not believe as of yet there has been sufficient evidence shown that people are born gay. I do believe in equal rights, but not equal rights no matter what your choices are. I know it isnt a popular viewpoint especially here on these forums, but all I can say is that I honestly dont have any ill will toward any gay person, and that if and once the facts change I will change my opinion on the issue.
    Add dixiecrat88 to Rail
  10.  
    Originally Posted by dixiecrat88 View Post

    I have said in other threads that I, along with many other people in this country believe that homosexuality is a life choice.

    Just because you've secretly craved to suck a cock and choose to not act on it, doesn't mean everyone experiences that too. It probably means you were born bi.
    Add wonglondo to Rail
  11. Hey Dixiecrat, can you at least tell us about the day you thought about sucking cock and decided it wasn't for you? Was it a hard decision?
    Edited By: dolphin13 Feb 21st, 2012 at 04:00 PM
    Add dolphin13 to Rail
  12.  
    Originally Posted by dixiecrat88 View Post

    Someone else's marriage really doesnt effect my life, be it gay or straight one. The fact is that many people believe that gay people are not born that way, and that doesnt necessarily make those people correct, but as I have said, I do not believe as of yet there has been sufficient evidence shown that people are born gay. I do believe in equal rights, but not equal rights no matter what your choices are. I know it isnt a popular viewpoint especially here on these forums, but all I can say is that I honestly dont have any ill will toward any gay person, and that if and once the facts change I will change my opinion on the issue.

    so if it is indeed a choice, than you yourself could get aroused by another man if you wanted to?

    ftr, i'm not trying to be an asshole. I obv. recognize we won't change each others viewpoints, but I love hearing other opinions rather than ones that resinate with my own.
    Edited By: MustbeMoore Feb 21st, 2012 at 04:05 PM
    Add MustbeMoore to Rail
  13.  
    Originally Posted by dixiecrat88 View Post

    Someone else's marriage really doesnt effect my life, be it gay or straight one. The fact is that many people believe that gay people are not born that way, and that doesnt necessarily make those people correct, but as I have said, I do not believe as of yet there has been sufficient evidence shown that people are born gay. I do believe in equal rights, but not equal rights no matter what your choices are. I know it isnt a popular viewpoint especially here on these forums, but all I can say is that I honestly dont have any ill will toward any gay person, and that if and once the facts change I will change my opinion on the issue.

    so should criminals be able to marry? its a life choice to be a criminal. what about democrats? what about interacial marriage? its a choice to be attracted to another race.... what about jews?
    Add Bigblind Popper to Rail
  14. Dixiecrat may be a level account. Who would even make a name like that
    Add Zeppelin to Rail
  15.  
    Originally Posted by Geoff Moore View Post

    so if it is indeed a choice, than you yourself could get aroused by another man if you wanted to?

    ftr, i'm not trying to be an asshole. I obv. recognize we won't change each others viewpoints, but I love hearing other opinions rather than ones that resinate with my own.

    I have no evidence that it is a choice. All I am asking is that others concede the fact that they do not have any evidence that it isnt a choice. This is purely an emotional issue in my mind, and that is why people get so heated. I at least admit the fact that my opinion is totally based on emotions. As soon as someone like myself expresses a viewpoint on this issue that is different, and expresses that opinion without attacking anyone, you get blasted. Now I am not specifically reffering to you, but you can read this thread and see for yourself.
    Add dixiecrat88 to Rail
  16.  
    Originally Posted by dixiecrat88 View Post

    All I am asking is that others concede the fact that they do not have any evidence that it isnt a choice.

    people won't concede this because it isn't true.

    again: did you choose this morning to not be gay?
     2
    Add warden to Rail
  17.  
    Originally Posted by Bigblind Popper View Post

    so should criminals be able to marry? its a life choice to be a criminal. what about democrats? what about interacial marriage? its a choice to be attracted to another race.... what about jews?

    Well criminals are restricted at least somewhat on the manner in which they marry. They have to get approval first, they just cant marry anyone, anytime they can. (At least currently convicted, serving time criminals)

    As far as the other ones you brought up, I think society isnt black and white. So I admit to a little hypocrisy. You make a decent point about, for example, choosing to be a Democrat or something. Should society be able to ban you from being married? Obviously I would say no, but I dont think that everything is analogous. I dont think you can just say, well if one behavior is ok, all other behavior should be viewed the same way.
    Add dixiecrat88 to Rail
  18. Are your beliefs on gay marriage at all tied to your faith?
    Add MustbeMoore to Rail
  19.  
    Originally Posted by warden View Post

    people won't concede this because it isn't true.

    again: did you choose this morning to not be gay?

    It isnt true because you say so, and therefore everyone who has a different opinion on the issue obviously must be an ignorant homophobe. These are mainly religious arguments, and I know that is an evil word to say around here but its the truth. I have no specific proof that Jesus Christ is the son of God, but I do believe it. Now once again, you can call me an ignorant Jesus freak or whatver makes you happy. I am not here to proselytize, but in the scope of this conversation I am just being honest on how and why I have this belief.
    Add dixiecrat88 to Rail
  20. thats kinda what civil rights is all about, isnt it? its perfectly ok to not agree with their lifestyle(or anybody's) but to deny them the same rights you have is just plain wrong, whether its a choice or not. imo thats an irrevelant argument. unfortunatley the whole "sanctity of marriage" argument is a joke. people have open marriages, people get divorced at will. should those people not be allowed to remarry since they desecrated the sactity of marriage? imo you cant answer yes to that question without being a hypocritte. and thats why people who use that argument are ista labled as a homophobe.
    Add Bigblind Popper to Rail
  21. Why don't the demagogues who want to preserve marriage ban divorce?

    Makes no sense to me... Then again we are talking about trolls like Ralph reed and Rick santorum.
    Add phish42O to Rail
  22. Holy shit... why the fuck would anyone choose to be Gay in a society that treats them like a second hand citizen?

    Congrats Dixiecrat for feeling that it is OK to discriminate against a whole portion of the population. Millions of people who are gay, way to just use that whole majority rules argument to discriminate against gay people.
    Add jesterwords to Rail
  23.  
    Originally Posted by Bigblind Popper View Post

    thats kinda what civil rights is all about, isnt it? its perfectly ok to not agree with their lifestyle(or anybody's) but to deny them the same rights you have is just plain wrong, whether its a choice or not. imo thats an irrevelant argument. unfortunatley the whole "sanctity of marriage" argument is a joke. people have open marriages, people get divorced at will. should those people not be allowed to remarry since they desecrated the sactity of marriage? imo you cant answer yes to that question without being a hypocritte. and thats why people who use that argument are ista labled as a homophobe.

    this.
    Add MustbeMoore to Rail
  24.  
    Originally Posted by Geoff Moore View Post

    this.

    I understand your point, but I just disagree. I dont believe it is a civil right, because it is (in my opinion) a choice. We make rules on lifestyle choices all the time. That doesnt mean we should ban everything that a majority of people dont like. Prostitution is a lifestyle choice and in most places in this country it is illegal. Now I dont think that makes me a prostitutionaphobe. I dont have some deep seeded hatred for these people. The fundamental difference is that you believe you are born gay, I dont. You do not have any concrete evidence to prove your point, I have no concrete evidence to prove my point. But you are a defender of civil rights and freedom for everyone, and I am an ignorant asshole homophobe that secretly wants to engage in homosexual acts myself.
    Add dixiecrat88 to Rail
  25. Dixicrat88 folks......

    Edited By: ajedrez Feb 21st, 2012 at 04:49 PM
    Add ajedrez to Rail
  26.  
    Originally Posted by dixiecrat88 View Post

    I understand your point, but I just disagree. I dont believe it is a civil right, because it is (in my opinion) a choice. We make rules on lifestyle choices all the time. That doesnt mean we should ban everything that a majority of people dont like. Prostitution is a lifestyle choice and in most places in this country it is illegal. Now I dont think that makes me a prostitutionaphobe. I dont have some deep seeded hatred for these people. The fundamental difference is that you believe you are born gay, I dont. You do not have any concrete evidence to prove your point, I have no concrete evidence to prove my point. But you are a defender of civil rights and freedom for everyone, and I am an ignorant asshole homophobe that secretly wants to engage in homosexual acts myself.

    Do you believe that a child is born believing in GOD or that a child is taught it?
    Add jesterwords to Rail
  27.  
    Originally Posted by dixiecrat88 View Post

    I understand your point, but I just disagree. I dont believe it is a civil right, because it is (in my opinion) a choice. We make rules on lifestyle choices all the time. That doesnt mean we should ban everything that a majority of people dont like. Prostitution is a lifestyle choice and in most places in this country it is illegal. Now I dont think that makes me a prostitutionaphobe. I dont have some deep seeded hatred for these people. The fundamental difference is that you believe you are born gay, I dont. You do not have any concrete evidence to prove your point, I have no concrete evidence to prove my point. But you are a defender of civil rights and freedom for everyone, and I am an ignorant asshole homophobe that secretly wants to engage in homosexual acts myself.

    I hear where you're coming from. I don't think you are a homophobe because of your stance on the issue, just like I'm not gay but I defend gay rights. the point is it whether it's a choice or not is irrelevant, it shouldn't be up to anyone how someone else lives their life. prostitution,drugs,gambling should all be legal btw
    Edited By: MustbeMoore Feb 21st, 2012 at 04:53 PM
    Add MustbeMoore to Rail
  28.  
    Originally Posted by dixiecrat88

    You do not have any concrete evidence to prove your point

    The mere fact that you keep repeating this doesn't make it true.
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  29. what religion do you associate/belong to dixie?
    Edited By: Bigblind Popper Feb 21st, 2012 at 04:56 PM
    Reason: looks like jester beat me to my point
    Add Bigblind Popper to Rail
  30.  
    Originally Posted by Geoff Moore View Post

    I hear where you're coming from. I don't think you are a homophobe because of your stance on the issue, just like I'm not gay but I defend gay rights. the point is it whether it's a choice or not is irrelevant, it shouldn't be up to anyone how someone else lives their life. prostitution,drugs,gambling should all be legal btw

    And that is a perfectly undestandable belief system, and with that people can have normal honest debate on the issue instead of just resorting to name calling.
    Add dixiecrat88 to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 2 3 4

Similar Threads