[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. I wonder if the daughter is hot.
    -----
    I'm sure that guy has a shotgun, would have been much more interesting to see him take a shotgun to that laptop.
    Edited By: TMLMS13 Feb 11th, 2012 at 04:20 AM
    Add TMLMS13 to Rail
    Originally Posted by AMARTIN1181 View Post

your dad sounds like a fucking prick

ya thats absurd

Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post

The fact that no one has yet offered a reasoned, logical argument to counter my claim is pretty telling. If it is so obvious, well then it should be easy to counter.

Add kidrockin to Rail
  3. dude, with people with seizure issues, take that fucking picture down

I felt sick looking at it
    Add jesterwords to Rail
  4. The gun is disturbing, it is a a subconscious gesture that if you wrong me i will you force.

it just fucking sad. no wonder his daughter acts in such a manner.
    Add rayspizza to Rail
    Originally Posted by jesterwords View Post

dude, with people with seizure issues, take that fucking picture down

I felt sick looking at it

Well don't stare at it silly. I actually laughed out loud when I first saw how outrageously ridic the gif was.

Originally Posted by rayspizza View Post

The gun is disturbing, it is a a subconscious gesture that if you wrong me i will you force.

it just fucking sad. no wonder his daughter acts in such a manner.

Wut? lol
    Edited By: iLLNuGWichee Feb 11th, 2012 at 05:03 AM

Add iLLNuGWichee to Rail
    Originally Posted by yooperusaf View Post

Really? You need someone to waste their time to type out how much of a retarded comparison this is? Let's see....Slaves were treated like objects, not humans. They were openly traded for, sent from one country to another and forced to go to work. If you talked/looked at someone wrong/didn't do your work, etc etc you would most likely be beaten or killed. I could go on and on about the outrageous comparison you're trying to make but it's really not worth it. But please feel free to trying and argue how having your daughter do a few chores is even REMOTELY close to being treated like a slave.

You are being a bit overdramtic about slave treatment. Certaily some were beaten, abused and raped but I bet most were treated like children most of the time. I think there are more similarities then you'd like to admit. Oh and children are legally bought and sold in this country.
    Add Dyzalot to Rail

Why do you think some family members should enslave other family members? There should be a balance. Put a price on the cell phone of 100 hours of labor. Make the laptop cost 500 hours. Or pay her hourly and put a cash value on that stuff. I bet a lot of slave owners thought of their slaves as "family" and figured they didn't need to pay them since they provided everything they "needed". The girl was obviously wrong to post that stuff but I have to think there were some arguments leading up to this. They could have handled it better.

Because its your fucking immediate family. One of the largest core values of family is the unconditional selflessness within reason. I feel really fucking awful for you and your family experiences if every time you did something for a member of your immediate family you expected proportionate pay in return.

Oh and that 15 year old girl owes her parents 15 years of room and board and clothes and entertainment. Something tells me she will be paying that off for a long ass time.

And seriously Dyzalot comparing any part of this to slavery is so laughably off base even for someone like me who loves random bad analogies. I'm not even going to begin to enter this arena because it will just get me angry as I mash my keyboard typing out the terrible pathetic embarrassing things that must go through your heard for you to compare a father-daughter relationship with a slave-slave owner relationship. Either you are a pathetic human being or your parents were so pathetic to the point where slavery would even cross your mind. WHAT THE FUCK.

Dyzalot you clearly are a smart guy but your devils advocate argumentativeness has really made you the most miserable person to read on pocketfives. Please lose your password.

/rant
    Add SCTrojans to Rail
    Originally Posted by AmSlim22 View Post

it is amazing the reactions dyz gets. do people really not understand what he is saying. it may be a bit of a diff way of saying it.

this is prob the cliffs of dyz's position:

-being forced to do any work w/o compensation = slavery
    -even 1 min would be comparable to slavery.
    -he doesnt think this girl's life is anywhere close to that of a slave
    -he is trying to make a bigger pt on liberty

You understand my point. I'm not even saying that the dad was expecting anything unusual from his daughter. I just think we'd be better off if we understood the true nature of the relationship. Not acknowledging it leads to misunderstanding and friction between children and parents. We all just want to be free, don't we?
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  9. it amazes me how people respond to you.

Add AmSlim22 to Rail
    Originally Posted by AmSlim22 View Post

it amazes me how people respond to you.

People don't like having fundamental beliefs challenged. Hell, even I don't. It is hard to admit that something you've believed or accepted as truth for years isn't rationally true or is at least debatable.
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  11. Am I the only one that wanted to see damage the hollow points did on the other side?
    Add littleze to Rail
  12. The kids are getting paid. With a roof over their head. With meals. With a place to sleep at night. etc. But I guess if said child paid the worth of that back in full, and THEN was made to do chores for free, you might have some logical definition of the term slavery, even though even that would be ridiculously far-fetched still.
    Edited By: rocksolid124 Feb 11th, 2012 at 11:00 AM
    Add rocksolid124 to Rail
    Originally Posted by rocksolid124 View Post

The kids are getting paid. With a roof over their head. With meals. With a place to sleep at night. etc. But I guess if said child paid the worth of that back in full, and THEN was made to do chores for free, you might have some logical definition of the term slavery, even though even that would be ridiculously far-fetched still.

It's the parents choice to have a child, that they are then responsible to take care of until they are 18 years old. Its wrong to have the mentality of 'oh i chose to have you as my child, now you must work for me because i put a roof over your head'. This is where i can see where dyz is coming from with his slavery comparison.

I see alot of differences in parenting in America and UK, yours is faaaar stricter and to me some of the actions taken are way over the top, but idk maybe it works out better in later life. But for me if my parents had treated me like this, i probably would not have much contact with them once im 18 and free.

Add Sdanby to Rail

People don't like having fundamental beliefs challenged. Hell, even I don't. It is hard to admit that something you've believed or accepted as truth for years isn't rationally true or is at least debatable.

I agree that people don't like being challenged, but your strict adherence to ideology can often be construed as impractical in theese types of discussions. You also tend to take a polarizing or antagonistic view on most subjects, which then carries over into other discussions. I don't really see anything wrong with these qualities, for philosphical discussions they are actually great qualities, but it is pretty clear why people respond to you the way they do. It's a poker forum, not everyone is a philospher.
    Add rayspizza to Rail
  15. The SCT rant was pretty solid.

OP how does it feel to be off a dial up connection?

Add kidrockin to Rail
  16. vehemently agree with everything supremo said itt
    Add FenwayKing to Rail
  17. OT sure had some soft ass parents it seems.
    Add Niceguy to Rail
    Originally Posted by Prestonluv View Post

kids should get paid for chores just like one should get paid at work

that way kids have something to shoot for...if my son wants a video game he knows how much he has to earn

much better than doing chores with no reward....children end up spiting thier parents cause of this...especially once they hear all their friend get paid or allowances

kids get paid in room and board plus a little walking around money

they also gets clothes and entertainment kids > way ahead
    Add SluggerWV to Rail
    Originally Posted by AMARTIN1181 View Post

lol @ smoking during the video and shooting the laptop... fucking hillbilly

lol... a couple things about the video... besides him stammering every time he had to say re re respons-sib-sib-ility.... his message was pretty clear... he thinks young kids have it to easy and he wants to scare a little sense into his kid... however... at one point in the video he says and quote at 6:45.... "and maybe you parents should put a bullet up your own kids ass"... wtf ptrry sure he didn't wanna say that lol... then shooting the laptop 9 times... was jus showing off his hillbilly nature and his sweet .45... until he did that i was probably taking his side... but all he proved to me is he's a complete nut job..

-cliffs: Dad is wayyy tooo EMO

Edited By: cocoa_butter111 Feb 11th, 2012 at 04:06 PM

Add cocoa_butter111 to Rail
    Originally Posted by cocoa_butter111 View Post

at one point in the video he says and quote at 6:45.... "and maybe you parents should put a bullet up your own kids ass"...

He said BOOT, not bullet.

Add aabomb09 to Rail
    Originally Posted by kidrockin View Post

OP how does it feel to be off a dial up connection?

It's like a whole new word has opened up to me!
    Thread StarterAdd Yooper to Rail
    Originally Posted by yooperusaf View Post

So at what point do you teach him the lesson that it's important that a family work together and help each other out? Because that's what family is all about. I feel if you pay kids for chores they should do everyday, you're teaching them to not want to do something unless they get paid.

For once I agree with pluv... It shows early money management, and also can kinda prevent kids from being spoiled bc they have to work for what they want
    Add s1nnr to Rail
  23. I don't pay my kid for chores and she is happy to help out. I do remind her that if she wants something she will need to help out and she has no problem doing things regularly because she is not spoiled.

Add kidrockin to Rail
    Originally Posted by SluggerWV View Post

kids get paid in room and board plus a little walking around money

they also gets clothes and entertainment kids > way ahead

what do you do if youe 9 year old wanta a 30 dollar video game?

just say do what i say for a month and i will buy it? waitil xmas or your birthday?

that would suck as a kid waiting til one of two days or not knowing what exactly you need to do to get this game

i put up a list of 15 or so houeshold chores and pay a certain amount per chore. these are daily chores so they cannot be repeated like 5x day. some of them they are told to do by us like take gfoceries in or put laundry away.

the kids figure what they want and how much money they need. then work for that goal. sometimes they will be very active if they are really excited and sometimes they only get paid for the typical chores if they dont want something at that time

chores are added as they age.

teaches kids math, about saving and about working hard if u really want something...that things are not giving too you in life most of tge time

my kids seem to appreciate what they buy with thier own money more than most presents they recieve. makes sense cause they had to earn them
    Add Prestonluv to Rail
  25. I was never paid for chores that I can remember...my parents were actually pretty bad at allowance schemes afaik. I remember once they were teaching me about saving or something so they gave me a thing of "allowance coupons" with one little paper token representing each week's allowance for the year. The idea was that they wouldn't give me any money at any designated interval, but if I wanted something, each allowance coupon was worth $5 and I could redeem them at any point (obv once I ran out, that was it for the year).

But then, I started hoarding the allowance coupons for something big, and sometime while I was waiting to decide what I wanted, they forgot about the whole thing. So nine months later when I proudly turned in a shit ton of allowance coupons for a playstation or something, they were like "uhhh, what's this?" and then only gave me like 50 cents on the dollar.

Welp.
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  26. perhaps that is why you are in favor of social programs that give stuff to other people for free so much?

Kinda kidding, but kinda seriously wondering why people come up with certain ideals / ideology. Like if I was raised by different parents who sucked at allowance would I have turned out a huge fan of programs that take from one group and give to another group? I am not saying you won't work hard or anything, but its more like, where do people come up with certain ideologies?

Shit just interests me. How people come to feel the way they do on certain topics. On both sides of the spectrum.
    Add jesterwords to Rail
  27. I'm 42 and let me tell you how my dad would have handled that. He would have sold the laptop, seems like a waste to destroy it. then he would have proceded to beat my ass with a belt. No grounding or anything just sell laptop get ass beat with belt move on. I know so many people think this is the wrong way to go about things but I'm not one of those people. If the kids is a teenager and I'm pretty sure she is ass whippin might be out of line so I'm ok with what he did here. Not quit sure he needed to put it on FB tho. That kinda shit is better left in house imo.
    Add R_U_Nuts to Rail

Dyz doesn't like families because they're communist. A household requires upkeep and maintenance. As a parent, I know that chores are rarely a significant contribution to said maintenance, but rather about education. I'm quite certain, that the girl being referenced is a free individual, with all the legal rights of a 15 year old, could move out, become emancipated and take full responsibility for herself. She is choosing to stay at her parents house, and probably 'fundamentally believes' she is forced to be there.
    Add pistol45 to Rail
    Originally Posted by pistol45 View Post

Dyz doesn't like families because they're communist. A household requires upkeep and maintenance. As a parent, I know that chores are rarely a significant contribution to said maintenance, but rather about education. I'm quite certain, that the girl being referenced is a free individual, with all the legal rights of a 15 year old, could move out, become emancipated and take full responsibility for herself. She is choosing to stay at her parents house, and probably 'fundamentally believes' she is forced to be there.

Its not that I don't like families. It is more that I just think we should recognize that it isn't freedom and that is part of the reason that all parents have to deal with rebellious kids to some point. We are always wanting to test the limits of our freedom. Perhaps there are better ways to deal with teeneagers, like some kind of custom or ceremony they go through where they leave childhood to enter some kind of "pre-adult" phase where they are afforded more responsibility and freedom. I know this is done to some extent in an informal way but it still never seemed right to me. As an example in my own life, I was still required to go to bed at 10pm on school nights and 11pm on weekends when I was 16. I guess I just hated being treated as "less than a full human" as a kid growing up. Perhaps that is somewhat unique to me due to my ability to understand many adult concepts at an early age. In some ways I always felt discrimiated against and in some ways just dismissed because of my age. I'm just trying to not automatically accept that the current way is the right way while thinking of what might have made me a less rebellious teenager.
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 2 3 4