[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

  1. One was from a small piggy bank, the other from a bag of coins i've been having. I have a 1/2 of a 5gal water bottle full of change too.

    /brag

  2. u could get an 8 ball and a 5 dollar hooker for that much
  3.  
    Originally Posted by buchiYAYO View Post

    u could get a saints super bowl champion t-shirt off ebay from some kid in Eastern Europe or Africa for that much after they lose...

    fyp
  4. jeez they almost take like 10%?
  5. Was in 2 banks when visiting home in NJ a few weeks ago that will exchange change for bills for free.. Not sure if this is a nationwide thing or not..
  6.  
    Originally Posted by The Precedent View Post

    jeez they almost take like 10%?

    no shit...can't you go to a bank and get this done for free?? i thought i've heard that before...
  7. gg 10%
  8.  
    Originally Posted by wackyJaxon View Post

    Was in 2 banks when visiting home in NJ a few weeks ago that will exchange change for bills for free.. Not sure if this is a nationwide thing or not..

    Pretty sure it is...have heard the same thing around here.
  9.  
    Originally Posted by Camz2895 View Post

    a bag of coins i've been having

    Did you do it naturally or by ¢ section?
  10.  
    Originally Posted by The Precedent View Post

    jeez they almost take like 10%?

    10% no.

    Noob.

    Just 9 cents on the dollar.
  11.  
    Originally Posted by JRoth15 View Post

    no shit...can't you go to a bank and get this done for free?? i thought i've heard that before...

    TD Bank, penny arcade

    holla
  12.  
    Originally Posted by Jaybone2315 View Post

    gg 10%

    when i win the lottery im gonna use all my money to buy cash advance business and coinstar machines
  13. Yeah camz...sorry buddy, but this is not a brag post due to the 10% fee
  14.  
    Originally Posted by JRoth15 View Post

    Pretty sure it is...have heard the same thing around here.

    you're saying they take the change, sort through it all and wrap it by value? for FREEEEEEEEEE?

    pretty sure you have to wrap all the coins yourself, which might cost you money and definitely take at least an hour...
     
  15. heh, i knew i'd get shit for the 9% fee; I tried 3 banks in the area and they all said they didn't do that, and no way i was bagging those coins, so gg 8.9%.
    Thread Starter
  16. Those coin stations are nice. My brother just got $500 that he's been saving for a very long time.
  17. the 10% is well worth it to not have to roll your own coins
  18. pnc bank by me has a coin machine and does it for free if you have an account at pnc
  19. I did this about a month ago with 600 dollars in change. Like the poster above said, TD waterhouse Penny Arcade. No 10%, no wrapping. If there are no other options...
  20.  
    Originally Posted by Camz2895 View Post

    heh, i knew i'd get shit for the 9% fee; I tried 3 banks in the area and they all said they didn't do that, and no way i was bagging those coins, so gg 8.9%.

    i say it's worth the 10% just to watch. top notch entertainment right there. ;)
  21.  
    Originally Posted by tkeat1653 View Post


    TD Bank, penny arcade

    holla

    this

    freakin noobs
  22.  
    Originally Posted by SoCalDrew View Post

    you're saying they take the change, sort through it all and wrap it by value? for FREEEEEEEEEE?

    pretty sure you have to wrap all the coins yourself, which might cost you money and definitely take at least an hour...

    I swear my sister has taken them into our INB's in Springfield and had them give her cash to the cent for whatever she brought in. She never said anything about having to wrap it or sort it.

    Maybe it's only if you have an account there?? Seems like other people have the same experience.
  23. Man some of you people are lazy. I actually enjoy rolling change. And if you have a bank account I know for a fact Bank of America (at least the one I use) will cash your loose change with no charge.
  24. lol, thats a mad scam walmarts running there! Take it to the bank and get changed to notes for free. Or spend a day hurling pennies at ducks.
  25.  
    Originally Posted by XquiziVex View Post


    Did you do it naturally or by ¢ section?

    heeeeeeeeyyyy yoooooooohhhhhhhhh
  26.  
    Originally Posted by LeftyMark View Post

    Man some of you people are lazy. I actually enjoy rolling change. And if you have a bank account I know for a fact Bank of America (at least the one I use) will cash your loose change with no charge.

    Lol @ rolling change being fun. Also, doubt i'm touching all those coins more than i have to.
    Thread Starter
  27. Pretty sure there's no fee for the gift certificate option, and they have some pretty decent stores (including Amazon)
  28. This is why I have $100s of dollars in change b/c im too lazy to roll it and I'm not going to give coinstar or one of those machines 10%... I guess if I get desperate enough I start rolling... LOL

    I have one of those "glass water jug things" that they have in office buildings (that are now made of plastic) w/ the paper cups... Well anyways I have one of those full of pennies. Its either 8 or 10 gallons... I bet there is over 20-30k pennies in there easily.
  29. it used to be all banks would take your change-just like a commercial account-then some switched to doing it after hours and it would get deposited into your account later that night etc. ask your bank and if they don't let them know how you feel about.preferably by NOT dropping a deuce in the night deposit box. all banks i have used will also give you free coin wrappers(i have rolled over 1200 bucks with free wrappers one time for my daughter) anyway good luck with all that and ship me some mudbugs!
  30. I take my change to my bank after the first of every year, and I just did it a few weeks ago and had around $180.00 or so in change (a lotta pennies, too) and they did it for free.

    It's a $10.00 flat service charge for most of their members but obv I'm baller so they never charge me. They never charged me for money orders either back in the day and those were always $2.50 for everyone else.

    I do have a personal account and all my business accounts there though so I'm always in there.

    F taking 10% away. I would never do that. Especially to a WalMart

Similar Threads