[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. this was relayed to me recently. i know some of the people involved.

a guy (we'll call him Bob) who works in an office of a chiropractor/energy healer/whatever (will call Mary) wants to go to vegas to celebrate his chinese guru's 60th birthday. i was told 60 is a big bday for the chinese (dont know if this is true, also dont know what kind of guru the guy is, prob something in the alternative healing world, doesnt really matter).

so Bob goes to Mary, "hey, i am going to need a few days off to go to vegas for this thing." Mary immediately and impulsively replies "no". she said she had no reason to say no, other than when he asked, she saw a big black X over him or something. so now Bob is in a bit of a predicament. he does believe that Mary does have some intuitive ability, but also would like to go to vegas, as this celebration is very important to him.

later on, Bob is at home and talking on the phone with a friend. he is explaining the situation and not sure what he should do. while he is explaining that he would like to go to vegas, but is a least a little concerned as well, Bob's mother comes over to him and shows him a notebook. Bob immediately tells his friend that he is not going to Vegas.

apparently, Bob's mother had been to a psychic (not Mary) about a year prior and the psychic had told Bob's mother that on about a year her son was going to plan a trip to vegas and she should make sure he doesn't go. the mother, i am guessing as a sort of test to see if the psychic was actually on to something, did not mention this info to Bob at all during the year.

besides the obvious question of why is Bob living at home with his mom, thoughts? crazy coincidence?

Add AmSlim22 to Rail
  2. Charmed just called and wants their plot line back.
    Edited By: wantagolf Mar 24th, 2012 at 08:32 PM
    Add wantagolf to Rail
  3. I don't know if I've ever been more confused after reading something
    Add Admiral to Rail
  4. lol at being afraid to go on a trip because a person who cracks backs for a living saw an X over your head.

Add RyJS to Rail
    Originally Posted by Admiral View Post

I don't know if I've ever been more confused after reading something

It was completely straight forward. Unless you mean that you are confused as to how people are so crazy.
    Add mattg1983 to Rail
  6. You can't cheat death. It will be like final destination if he does not go.
    Add xxbossmanxx to Rail
    Originally Posted by Admiral View Post

I don't know if I've ever been more confused after reading something

deciphering railbot speak > this
    Add DBo Fo Sho to Rail
    Originally Posted by mattg1983 View Post

It was completely straight forward. Unless you mean that you are confused as to how people are so crazy.

yea, i didnt think it would be too tough to follow.

Originally Posted by RyJS View Post

lol at being afraid to go on a trip because a person who cracks backs for a living saw an X over your head.

Mary does more than "crack backs". and obv if it was just the one person saying it, it would be a lot less interesting.

Thread StarterAdd AmSlim22 to Rail
  9. Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  10. AmSlim, FOLKS.

On an unrelated note, last night when I got home from watching the bball games, I took my dogs out to go pee. While I was standing in my backyard, a ghost carrying a crystal skull wandered past me. PHENOMENAL.
    Add JRoth15 to Rail
  11. If Bob believes other human beings can see into the future than he probably wouldn't be able to enjoy the time anyway because he'd be waiting for something terrible to happen to him.
    Add MustbeMoore to Rail
    Originally Posted by JRoth15 View Post

AmSlim, FOLKS.

so u are on the crazy coincidence team? was just relating a mildly nteresting story. or do u think that i am just making the whole story up?

also in a slight hijack of my own thread:

so i am walking down the street and have just crossed a crosswalk. there are decent amt of people about and i notice a guy walking perpendicular to me from right. i am paced to cross in front of him by 2 ft maybe.

all of a sudden there is barking and a pit bull jumping up at me. guy had it and another dog on leashes. it was on his right side, so slightly obscured from my view. it bit around my right hand pocket (hands were in pockets) and didnt get hold of anything.

guy quickly grabbed it and yelled at it. said sorry to me, i said "its ok." and kept walking. should i have shot it?

objection, relevancy?

Originally Posted by AmSlim22 View Post

so u are on the Chevalier de Méré coincidence team?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_Gombaud

Edited By: EyeKnows Mar 24th, 2012 at 09:58 PM
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
    Add Thrash to Rail
  15. Maybe bob should/shouldn't waste time trying out for X-Factor. The winner gets their own Vegas show.
    Add PANTERA to Rail
  16. i was under the impression that he will be able to go to vegas in the future, but this vegas trip was ill-advised.

i dont get some of the responses, i am quite confident that these events occurred. obv it is possibly a coincidence and on its own, it would be basically nothing. but other first hand experiences have made me think differently.

17. thread was just what came to mind because it had to do with someones mom being stupid about supposedly paranormal activity when it's obv not.

psychic predicts a guy will plan a trip to vegas? obv sorceress.

my gf's mom goes a to psychic pretty regularly and it's just painful to hear the bullshit she comes back with.
    Add Ozzie to Rail
  18. figured this would be a good place to post this old favorite ..

Add saxman to Rail
  19. I think your friend should not go to Vegas.

Ever since I was like 12-13 and dismissed religion as being just fairy tales, I have dismissed all notions of ghosts, psychic powers, afterlife. I figured all that stuff cant possibly exist.

Well the older I get, the more I am starting to believe in ghosts, psychic powers and realize that overall we dont understand at all how this universe really works. . . . so how can we know that some humans dont have special powers regarding ghosts/afterlife/feeling the future etc. Some humans have super muscle-memory (pro athletes), some have super math-logic (nobel winning scientist), so why cant some be connected to the universe in ways that others cannot comprehend.

My gf's mom goes to see a psychic a couple times per year. Unless her mom is trolling me, the psychic has been dead on in regards to me , in regards to me and my gf and in regards to my gf's sister. And its not just general, vague stuff . I know about fake-psychics and the general 'reads' they do as they glean information off their clients etc etc. This stuff was much more specific and to be honest it freaked me out.

Please update once he goes / or not
    Add FouTight to Rail
    Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post

psychic predicts a guy will plan a trip to vegas? obv sorceress.

not that it will change anything for you, but it is a bit more involved than that.

Originally Posted by FouTight View Post

Please update once he goes / or not

i dont know Bob well at all, think i may have met him once. i know Mary a bit.

afaik, Bob has decided to go celebrate with his guru in seattle instead.

21. all i got from this thread is i should take the $900 i just cashed out from carbon (subtle brag) and go to Vegas. We having an OT party this year?
    Add Reech to Rail
    Originally Posted by Reech View Post

We having an OT party this year?

i'll check with Mary :-)

23. Why did you need to change their names in the story? Does anyone here actually know these people?
    Add kiro15 to Rail
  24. when i started i didnt know how detailed i would get in the story, so figured why not change the names. it prob wouldnt have mattered tho, you are right.

25. Pics of mary
    Add hen tian to Rail
  26. Add Mr323 to Rail
    Originally Posted by hen tian View Post

Pics of mary

we got this guy to post, so this thread cant be all bad.

28. I thought we were going to get the anecdote psychically. So disappointing. This would have best thread evar
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  29. Add Cooker to Rail