1. http://www.covers.com/articles/artic...?theArt=221583

According to WYNN’s Andy Adamson, Syracuse players Scoop Jardine, James Southerland and Dion Waiters are allegedly involved in the scandal. Adamson reported the scandal, originally posted at poker website PocketFives.com, on his Twitter and Facebook accounts. He has since removed the entries, leaving many to question the validity of these rumors.

Add Cougars4444 to Rail
  2. That's reallyy cool
    Add TheAlbatross to Rail
  3. We gon be famous!
    Add Niceguy to Rail
  4. You don't say?
    Add budo09 to Rail
  5. you missed it
    Add DBQB4873 to Rail
  6. lol it is really funny seeing all the stories linked to p5s...oh and repost obv
    Add Moonlight Graham to Rail
    Originally Posted by Niceguy View Post

We gon be famous!

holy shit, like ya'll haven't made me paranoid enough tonite. So much so, in fact, that it appears I've turned into a redneck -as a way to cope, obv
    Add michlad to Rail
  8. was a pretty entertaining thread while it lasted...jumped from like 400 vies to 13K in about an hour.

was linked on scout.com, that dude's twitter (who will undoubtedly be fired if this isn't true), a few other blogs, and some other college messageboards.
    Add JRoth15 to Rail
  9. Thats awesome
    Add thereraise to Rail
  10. ABSURD
    Add AMARTIN1181 to Rail
  11. Adamsons gona Adamson
    Add Hughes4 to Rail
  12. link to thread?
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  13. This is fantastic
    Add astaggs to Rail
    Originally Posted by Lord Supremo View Post

link to thread?

removed, as requested by original OP.

i'm just speculating, but i know he had posted something about where he worked in the thread...it blew up to a ton of views very quickly, and i'm sure there were some 'Cuse fans reading it that weren't very happy, so he probably requested it be removed because of that. obv not sure tho.
    Add JRoth15 to Rail
  15. wish i had read that thread now

Sounds like the OP posted a rumor? or was there more to it?
    Edited By: LoveHatePoker Feb 2nd, 2011 at 08:05 AM
    Add LoveHatePoker to Rail
    Originally Posted by LoveHatePoker View Post

wish i had read that thread now

Sounds like the OP posted a rumor? or was there more to it?

It was a rumor, and that's all he said it was. There were some sites that picked up on it, and that Andy Adamson guy posted it on his twitter account and linked it to his facebook account. He is the only legitimate news guy that actually ran with it (I think).

The OP seemed to know a decent amount about it, and there have apparently been rumors circulating for a few days at Syracuse. Boeheim held Waiters and Southernland out of their past loss...not sure if that's what started everything or not.

EDIT--there is also a Georgetown fan site that has a blog post on it about all of the covers that Syracuse has blown late in the game...a few of them they are trying to link to Jardine.

If anybody plays Streak for the Cash on ESPN, the Syracuse/UConn prop for tomorrow has some interesting comments attached to it.

News sure travels fast on the interwebz.
    Edited By: JRoth15 Feb 2nd, 2011 at 08:09 AM
    Add JRoth15 to Rail
  17. Damn, just looked for Google cached page. No-go. OP of previous thread got seriously lucky there.
    Add userid363 to Rail
    Originally Posted by JRoth15 View Post

If anybody plays Streak for the Cash on ESPN, the Syracuse/UConn prop for tomorrow has some interesting comments attached to it.

News sure travels fast on the interwebz.

hahahaha

"The source about the point shaving is as good as Bush's intelligence Agency."
    Add DBQB4873 to Rail
    Originally Posted by DBQB4873 View Post

hahahaha

"The source about the point shaving is as good as Bush's intelligence Agency."

looooool that had me rolling too...while it may be true, i wish they'd mention that nobody on this site every said the rumor was true, either.
    Add JRoth15 to Rail
  20. But being 7-13 ats, when you're so much better than the competition is weird. This isn't the NBA where the lakers have a losing record ats is understandable because talent(aside from the cavs) is balanced enough to explain it.
    Add Niceguy to Rail

But being 7-13 ats, when you're so much better than the competition is weird. This isn't the NBA where the lakers have a losing record ats is understandable because talent(aside from the cavs) is balanced enough to explain it.

From an entry on casualhoya.com

Lets examine

Syracuse – Seton Hall, First Game – Spread is -7.5, Seton Hall beats the spread. Syracuse fails to cover the spread with 6 minutes left to play, don’t score for 3 minutes, letting Seton Hall come back into the game and beat it.
    Syracuse – Marquette. Spread is -2.5 for Marquette. Syracuse is tied late in the game by Kris Joseph. CJ Fair brings it to within 4 points. For the remainder of the game (about a 50 seconds only Scoop takes shots, all of them ill advised or rushed, which basically insures that Marquette covers.

Syracuse – Detroit. Spread is -17.0. Syracuse leads by 14 points with 4 minutes to go. Get outscored 9-6 down the stretch to insure the cover. Scoop fouls, turns the ball over, and misses a free throw in that time that help lead to Detroit beating the spread.

Syracuse – Michigan. Spread is -6.5. Syracuse doesn’t cover at the end after almost beating the spread. Kris and Scoop both have opportunities to make the lead 6 points at the line, both make one and one to keep the lead at a slim 5. Baye can beat the spread at the end by making both, misses both with game and Michigan beats the spread.

Syracuse – NC State. Spread is -12.0. NC State beats it after Syracuse squanders a first half lead.

Syracuse – Iona. Spread is -14.5. Syracuse is covering with 5 minutes to go until they let Iona beat them 16-7 down the stretch to beat the spread.

Syracuse – Providence. Spread is -13.0. Syracuse covers for a good portion of the game, including towards the end of the 2nd half, until Providence roars back and beats the spread.

Doesn’t seem really concrete here, nothing that outwardly screams Point Shaving. But to be fair I only looked at when Syracuse let teams beat the spread or cover against them. Not Syracuse playing for covers.

by NickBloomfield on Feb 1, 2011 2:01 PM EST reply actions
    Add JRoth15 to Rail

But being 7-13 ats, when you're so much better than the competition is weird. This isn't the NBA where the lakers have a losing record ats is understandable because talent(aside from the cavs) is balanced enough to explain it.

quote for gambling stupidity
    Add wild_ride to Rail
  23. Are you saying there is enough parity in college basketball to justify a losing record ats versus inferior competition in the way syracuse has? I by no means am claiming "yeah must be point shaving" but given the previous thread and actually looking over their games it kinda makes you go "hmmmm".
    Add Niceguy to Rail
  24. or they are just a bad second half team.. hmm...

Add Demitrius100 to Rail
  25. crazy...when did he post the original thread on here?
    Add persuade to Rail
    Originally Posted by JRoth15 View Post

removed, as requested by original OP.

OT mods are allsome!

Add Rocky to Rail
  27. I'm still praying this is true I love a good scandal who doesnt
    Add Popperhead to Rail
    Originally Posted by persuade View Post

crazy...when did he post the original thread on here?

It was all last night. And that Adamson guy will probably not have a job by the end of the week, true or not.
    Add BMad524 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Popperhead View Post

I'm still praying this is true I love a good scandal who doesnt

QFT

think I've lost 2 parlays this year alone courtesy of the orange
    Add DBo Fo Sho to Rail
  30. lol niceguy being 7-13 ats in cbb is no diff than 7-13 ats in nba or 7-13 ats in field hockey. if teams who were "so much better than the competition" never had losing ats marks then sports gambling would be pretty damn easy, DUCY?

edit: i have no clue if the shaving is true or anything, just saying that comment was one of the dumbest things I have ever read on p5s.
    Edited By: truesyalose Feb 2nd, 2011 at 04:33 PM
    Reason: scoop should play plo8
    Add truesyalose to Rail