[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. OP why are you trying so hard to prove something that the entire Republican party has been unable to in over 4 years?

It's cause he's Black isn't it?
    Add paidchex to Rail
    Originally Posted by P0KERDUUDE View Post

Ok, so I found a few things of importance... one is where a natural citizen is defined
    http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage....db&recNum=227

and I took this from wikipedia of Obama Sr. :

Well if it's on Wikipedia it's definitely true...
    Add dolphin13 to Rail
    Originally Posted by P0KERDUUDE View Post

Ok, so I found a few things of importance... one is where a natural citizen is defined
    http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage....db&recNum=227

you probably shouldn't rely on laws from 1790. 14th amendment came along and stomped all over that.
    Add warden to Rail
  4. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Edit: it's pretty fucking simple. It's the first fucking sentence of the 14th amendment.

I imagine this is the part where poker dude says "It doesn't count because it's not in the Bill of Rights" then I tell him I want him to meet some young people and tell them they're not allowed to vote.
    Edited By: dolphin13 Mar 1st, 2012 at 07:46 AM
    Add dolphin13 to Rail
  5. Looks like the birthers were/are concerned about Rubio. Last paragraph of the article explains the requirement pretty simply. Just like everyone else has said your beating a dead horse again.

http://biggovernment.com/jsshapiro/2...d-slavery-law/

LOL Sheriff Joe says the BC is a forgery
    http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/wnd-tv-to...bility-report/

Whats the Tea party/birther end game. Do they think getting him out of office will get one of their guys in? Say Obama gets booted, Doesn't Hillary step in and get the Dem. nomination. NO way any GOP candidate running beats her.
    Add Joshole to Rail
  6. Does anyone know what happened to Obama's original birth certificate?
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
    Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

Does anyone know what happened to Obama's original birth certificate?

dog ate it obv
    Add saxman to Rail
  8. It is being held for eventual display at the Limbaugh Museum of Broadcast Excellence.
    Add Mr Galt to Rail
    Originally Posted by warden View Post

you probably shouldn't rely on laws from 1790. 14th amendment came along and stomped all over that.

Originally Posted by dolphin13

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the
    jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein
    they reside.

Edit: it's pretty fucking simple. It's the first fucking sentence of the 14th amendment.

The 14th amendment says nothing about who is a "natural born citizen". Not that I give a shit about the "birther" issue with Obama at this point.
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  10. Jesus go talk to Carlos Condit . . . He knows ALL about being a Natural Born . . . oh wait.

Never mind. I am just wondering . . . if Obama loses in November, will all this birther crap FINALLY go away? Pretty pretyy please?
    Add Milo to Rail
    Originally Posted by unemployable View Post

OP why are you trying so hard to prove something that the entire Republican party has been unable to in over 4 years?

It's cause he's Black isn't it?

Just because someone else can't prove it doesn't mean it's not provable.

Originally Posted by dolphin13 View Post

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

I imagine this is the part where poker dude says "It doesn't count because it's not in the Bill of Rights" then I tell him I want him to meet some young people and tell them they're not allowed to vote.

14th Amendment says nothing about natural born citizens. The importance of the link in the OP is that the Supreme court makes a distinction between a Naturalized Citizen and a Natural Born Citizen.

Thread StarterAdd P0KERDUUDE to Rail
    Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post

The 14th amendment says nothing about who is a "natural born citizen". Not that I give a shit about the "birther" issue with Obama at this point.

but LS already stomped all over that claim (that "natural born citizen" doesn't include obama). my point is just that a law from 1790 doesn't change that.

moreover, i think the plain reading of "natural born" supports the idea that it is someone who is born a citizen (as opposed to someone who is a naturalized citizen, or not a citizen at all). because obama was obviously born a citizen (per the 14th amendment), you'd basically have to construct some strange new category to classify obama as (since he's a citizen, but would not be natural born and wouldn't be naturalized). i think that's pretty ridiculous.
    Add warden to Rail

but LS already stomped all over that claim (that "natural born citizen" doesn't include obama). my point is just that a law from 1790 doesn't change that.

moreover, i think the plain reading of "natural born" supports the idea that it is someone who is born a citizen (as opposed to someone who is a naturalized citizen, or not a citizen at all). because obama was obviously born a citizen (per the 14th amendment), you'd basically have to construct some strange new category to classify obama as (since he's a citizen, but would not be natural born and wouldn't be naturalized). i think that's pretty ridiculous.

What are you arguing? I never said Obama didn't qualify. I was just pointing out that the 14th amendment has nothing to do with the eligibility requirements to be president.
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
    Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post

What are you arguing? I never said Obama didn't qualify. I was just pointing out that the 14th amendment has nothing to do with the eligibility requirements to be president.

...but it does. that's the point.

for one, as LS pointed out, the way the supreme court has interpreted natural born relies on the 14th amendment.

second, the plain, natural reading of "natural born" would be people who are citizens at birth. the 14th amendment makes anyone born in the united states a citizen. therefore, it makes them natural born citizens.
    Add warden to Rail

...but it does. that's the point.

for one, as LS pointed out, the way the supreme court has interpreted natural born relies on the 14th amendment.

second, the plain, natural reading of "natural born" would be people who are citizens at birth. the 14th amendment makes anyone born in the united states a citizen. therefore, it makes them natural born citizens.

The 14th amendment is irrelevant in this question since it had already been decided by the SCOTUS prior to that amendment in Lynch v.Clarke.

http://nativeborncitizen.wordpress.c...v-clarke-1844/

Obviously the court did not depend on the 14th amendment to decide that question.
    Add Dyzalot to Rail