1. I'm flying to Seattle in a few days and I got bumped to first class yesterday. With this I plan on taking full advantage of complimentary drinks, etc. My only question is that while I am getting lit up, should I tip the flight attendant? Obviously I'm thinking yes but I know some companies have some "do not accept tips" policies.

If yes, do I just assume to tip the same amount that I would a bartender?

In before "obvious brag post about flying first class"

In before "obv brag post about being in the same state as Wretchy/BekiGirl/Pluv"

In before "obv brag about being 21 and able to drink"

In before "obv brag about being able to drink for free"

In before "obv brag about having enough money to tip"
    Add DaVols to Rail
  2. obv brag about not being so drunk you pass out as soon as you step on the plane.
    Add Niceguy to Rail
  3. obv brag about being able to make the thread look like a non brag thread
    Add Davee567 to Rail
  4. Welp, I'm tilted after reading OP and its first thread of the day.
    Add iatetheredcrayon to Rail
  5. Obv brag about not being on the no-fly list.
    Add Numan to Rail
  6. Give here the whole thing She may not be satified with the Tip
    Add Popperhead to Rail
  7. most flight attendants are not allowed to accept tips (just saw that you had this in your op...that's what i get for skimming) hit us up if you have time to meet up when you are in seattle davols. :)

In before "obv brag post about being in the same state as Wretchy/BekiGirl/Pluv"

lolz...just saw this too...guess it's too early for me to be up...back to bed i go.

yes, we shall all get together and be merry.
    Edited By: MissBecky Dec 22nd, 2010 at 04:38 PM
    Reason: reading skills tho.
    Add MissBecky to Rail
  8. In lieu of monetary compensation, I would recommend offering advice on how to do their jobs better. They appreciate unsolicited input.
    I'd start with the tips as soon as you get on the plane.
    Add ShortyJacksn to Rail
  9. theyve never accepted tips from me, i dont think they are allowed to either.
    Add PlusToTheEV to Rail
  10. How the hell did you get "bumped" to first class?
    Add Tim Lock to Rail
  11. When it comes to flight attendants, I usually play a game called "just the tip" ;)
    Add Mr323 to Rail
  12. I have never been refused accepting a tip FWIW
    Add Popperhead to Rail
  13. Why would you want to tip a flight attendent?

Their whole job is to serve you and make your flight as comfortable as possible, espically in First class, they are not going above and beyond their call of duty. In first class they would prob give your asshole a tounge bath if you hit the button and requested.

I call shangians on this whole thread as nothing more then a "hey look at me im flying first class and want everyone in OT to know about it"
    Add joeschmo to Rail
  14. I don't tip for things that I can do myself.

I can serve drinks and give out pillows.

I do however tip my urologist. I am not able to pulverize my own kidney stones.
    Edited By: jetsjets1028 Dec 22nd, 2010 at 04:51 PM
    Add jetsjets1028 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Popperhead View Post

Give here the whole thing She may not be satified with the Tip

came to say something very similar and penis / mile-high club related... you win
    Add bcdrmr to Rail
    Originally Posted by joeschmo View Post

Why would you want to tip a flight attendent?

Their whole job is to serve you and make your flight as comfortable as possible, espically in First class, they are not going above and beyond their call of duty. In first class they would prob give your asshole a tounge bath if you hit the button and requested.

I call shangians on this whole thread as nothing more then a "hey look at me im flying first class and want everyone in OT to know about it"

Ahh you are the guy that never tips. Bill: $28.90 , you leave them $30 and say keep the change. Expect less, give more...its Xmas FFS.

Add B_O_K_E to Rail
  17. "Forgive me for asking, but since I usually fly british airways I am not sure on whether this air carrier permits you to accept gratuities."
    Add Mr Galt to Rail
  18. Add bcdrmr to Rail
  19. I fly pretty frequently, and I've never seen/heard of anyone tipping a flight attendant. That'd be a good way to get rid of some small unwanted currencies though.
    Add wonglondo to Rail
    Originally Posted by jetsjets1028 View Post

I don't tip for things that I can do myself.

I can serve drinks

Sucks to be your bartender.

Add killingbird to Rail
    Originally Posted by DaVols View Post

I'm flying to Seattle in a few days and I got bumped to first class yesterday. With this I plan on taking full advantage of complimentary drinks, etc. My only question is that while I am getting lit up, should I tip the flight attendant? Obviously I'm thinking yes but I know some companies have some "do not accept tips" policies.

If yes, do I just assume to tip the same amount that I would a bartender?

In before "obvious brag post about flying first class"

In before "obv brag about being 21 and able to drink"

In before "obv brag about being able to drink for free"

In before "obv brag about having enough money to tip"

Flight attendants don't work for tips you 1st class noob

Only tip I'd give em would be the tip of my dick in the bathroom! Tell em you're an internet millionaire it will work I promise
    Add MrMojo728 to Rail
  22. I get upgraded to first class pretty regularly (obv brag) and I've never tipped or seen anyone tip a flight attendant...I doubt they would accept a tip.

At least on United and AA, when you get elite status they send you a packet with you card & info along with a bunch of vouchers you can use to give to flight attendants who do a great job...i assume they get some kind of bonus or reward when they get these from customers...i've given out one or two and seen other people give them out.
    Add skankmofo to Rail
    Originally Posted by B_O_K_E View Post

Ahh you are the guy that never tips. Bill: $28.90 , you leave them $30 and say keep the change. Expect less, give more...its Xmas FFS.

No I tip in appropiate situations when someone deserves a tip, nice assumption though asshole, Merry Christmas.
    Add joeschmo to Rail
    Originally Posted by killingbird View Post

Sucks to be your bartender.

or Dwight Schrute's

I thought the kidney stone line would give it away....guess not.

;-)
    Edited By: jetsjets1028 Dec 22nd, 2010 at 09:00 PM
    Add jetsjets1028 to Rail
    Originally Posted by jetsjets1028 View Post

I don't tip for things that I can do myself.

I can serve drinks and give out pillows.

I do however tip my urologist. I am not able to pulverize my own kidney stones.

I came in here to make this post but I see that I am too late
    Add gray31 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Numan View Post

Obv brag about not being on the no-fly list.

lol

Add McBain74 to Rail
  27. I fly first class multiple times a month, and I have never tipped a flight attendant, nor have I seen anyone ever tip one. They are paid decent salaries and their entire mission is to ensure everyone's safety and be friendly.

Honestly, I'd think most flight attendants would be kinda weirded out if you tipped 'em.

Add BigGunX to Rail
  28. It's a sign of a n00b in first class...Enjoy your flight DaVs.
    Add Seykota to Rail
  29. obv brag re being able to fit in both first class and coach seats.
    Add norcaljeff to Rail