[x]

See Where You Rank in Washington

1. I sold off TVIX today. Should have been in on XIV since whenever TVIX totally blows that goes up. Grrrrr.
    Originally Posted by Tourney View Post

silver experiencing backwardation, good short term play imo, PSLV or SLV, AGQ if you want 3x leverage.

http://dailycapitalist.com/2012/01/0...backwardation/

very interesting
  3. Userid's pick: CSTR started its quarterly journey back. Hits 55-60 before earnings reports. Safe bet for 20% payoff.
  4. Be careful. Warner brothers doesn't want it's DVDs rented out before 60 days now from when they're first available or purchase instead of 28. I think it may not affect cstr because they have an agreed contract that supersedes this. But cstr and NFLX are roller coasters into the foreseeable future, imo
  5. stock market noob here. i picked up MTG @ 2.20 and SIRI at 1.60. I also gambled on MJNA and CBIS while they were both near the .01 mark. They both deal with medical marijuana and cannabis science. Pretty big news on CBIS today and it's taken off to the .03 mark today. I was just wondering if any of the regs here are in on any of these and what you might thing the potential for MJNA and CBIS could be.
  6. Top 5 members over 3 Months on Jan 01, 12

Rank Login Symbol As Of Price Last 3 Months Last 6 Months Compliance

# 1 rebelfd OTRMF Jan 10, 2012 $10.21 7.51% 3.50% 100.00%
    # 2 bigorangefan BFMF Jan 10, 2012 $9.26 5.97% -2.47% 100.00%
    # 3 cardxfactor CMF Jan 10, 2012 $8.55 3.08% -8.32% 100.00%
    # 4 the_saxman TMF Jan 10, 2012 $7.75 1.97% -14.88% 100.00%
    N/A unforseen URF Jan 10, 2012 $12.37 16.88% 29.79% 73.33%
  7. I hate compliance. She's such a cunt
    Edited By: Unforseen Jan 11th, 2012 at 07:18 PM
  8. RDN has been running fast over the past few days. Plunked down another chunk of change when it was down at $1.99. Now I'm not sure WTF to do. It seems like every time this thing goes into the $3 range it gets chopped right back down. MTG reports on Monday and I have a feeling that if that report sucks RDN is going to get killed right along with it.

What would Tebow do?!?!?
  9. Rob McEwen is merging US Gold and Minera Andes into McEwen Mining next week. Hopefully results in more coverage and a nice run up in share price.
  10. RIM hired Goldman Sachs too

I would have made the top 10 hedge funds list with my returns
  11. lol - i have RIM in the play account but not big enough balls to hold in real money. I traded in and out a few times but couldn't stand the heat. It pops with a rumor and then fades again. Hopefully this time around it has better legs.
    Originally Posted by md7156 View Post

stock market noob here. i picked up MTG @ 2.20 and SIRI at 1.60. I also gambled on MJNA and CBIS while they were both near the .01 mark. They both deal with medical marijuana and cannabis science. Pretty big news on CBIS today and it's taken off to the .03 mark today. I was just wondering if any of the regs here are in on any of these and what you might thing the potential for MJNA and CBIS could be.

Ive traded both of these before (CBIS and MJNA). They are penny stocks that pop on news and then go back down either on the same day or the next day after a lot of times. They are good for day traders but if you hold these long term you are gonna get raped.
    Originally Posted by Unforseen View Post

RIM hired Goldman Sachs too

I would have made the top 10 hedge funds list with my returns

What was your return for last year?
    Originally Posted by dolphin13 View Post

he doesn't count because he is NON COMPLIANT with the rules hahaha
  15. the honorable man from Virginia, cdmalgee has paid off his debt in the form of pizza delivery.

he made the driver state that it was compliments of the bank of Japan and USA for bailing out Europe. I'm sure the drive had no idea wtf he was talking about lol. Thanks good buddy.

16. shippppppp it
  17. hope you and the wifey enjoyed it, sax.

luckily, the market paid for it several fold today
  18. was great - the saxlady thanks you - she was just about to throw supper on when you set this up.

pretty good start to the year for the markets. Hopefully we can get outa dodge before it turns sour.

AGU up about 10% and UXG up 17% but like always, it won't last.
  19. Just got the wife's statement for fourth quarter and the year as a whole for her retirement account.. I tried to put her money in their best funds and lost six percent last year. Siiiigh. I wish I could manage that money on my own. So -ev
    Edited By: dolphin13 Jan 14th, 2012 at 12:10 AM
  20. yep - i have a few loonies in a fund leftover from a previous company and it lost money last year. I'm going to transfer it over to my self directed fund next week. Fuck those guys.
    Originally Posted by dolphin13 View Post

in the game almost 23, in real life 12
    Edited By: Unforseen Jan 14th, 2012 at 02:35 AM
    Originally Posted by saxman View Post

AGU up about 10%

I didn't know you were in Agrium. I got into Potash earlier this week, and it's been a beast. The plan was for it to be a longer hold, but I've got tight stops in it already.
  23. yes, i've only been in there a little more than a week - its just a cyclical play for me and i'll probably get out of it by the end of February. Same with my gold and silver stocks.
  24. Ha - I was talking about earlier than the middle of February when I said "longer hold".

I knew I should've told the pizza man to say "Buy and Hold is dead".
  25. Got in on some F at 12.30 today.

also googogogogoogog AAPL!
  26. couple of shockers yesterday - Primero reporting that production was down due to lower than expected grades, and re-evaluating the way their resources have been calculated. That could prove to be very ugly for PPP. Kinross took a huge hit after declaring that mine developement of the Redback Mining properties is going to be way over budget and taking a significant charge for good will against the Redback purchase.

ouch.
  27. CBIS big hit today.

Hmm.
    Originally Posted by Zien50 View Post

CBIS big hit today.

Hmm.

Buy more. IMO it keeps trending up until election time and who knows what it could do if the CA law is passed this time around.
  29. Who would win in a fight between Rick Santelli and Steve Leisman?
    Originally Posted by cdmalgee View Post

Who would win in a fight between Rick Santelli and Steve Leisman?

lol no idea - what am i missing? i don't follow them at all.