[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

  1.  
    Originally Posted by dolphin13 View Post

    [ ] Knows how tvix works


    I'm well aware volatility plays a major part in how it does, hence why it was so flat around the holidays.

    How many shares of AAPL do you own?
    Edited By: TheBigEarn Feb 11th, 2012 at 01:48 AM
  2. I was about to say doesn't TVIX NOT control off of people buying and selling? It's a direct tracker of the market just with higher volatility.

    Dolphin what do you think about my $660 Jan 2014 AAPL call? ($30 already at $32.58)
  3. Kicking myself for selling AAPL back in the day @ $300! (in for $101 but still...)

    Dolphin13, your a gold/silver bug right? Did you read CME are LOWERING margin requirements for metals. They crushed the silver bull by raising margins like 5 times in a week, do you think this will revive the run up or just jack up volatility again? I'm thinking bullish early next week and trading the swings after initial run. Thoughts?

    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/cme...als-2012-02-09
  4. I think it can get there. One of the big keys will be iTV or whatever they call it.

    Apple is coming out with a tv, but they key is if they can revolutionalize how we watch tv.

    As for your ? Big earn. I own roughly 1/6,196,000th of the company.


    As for silver, I don't see a path much higher right now. That strong run up where we tested 50 has really affected the market. Margins were a part of it but a Lot of people got burned buying silver in the 40s. I certainly don't see silver as cheap right now. It has a floor around $20. It's just very hard to peg because that last big move was purely speculative. In other words I don't know. I told Dyzalot yesterday. 60 percent chance its higher in 5 years, 40 percent chance it's lower. But the swings could be vicious either way
    Edited By: dolphin13 Feb 11th, 2012 at 02:25 AM
    Thread Starter
  5.  
    Originally Posted by dolphin13 View Post

    I think it can get there. One of the big keys will be iTV or whatever they call it.

    Apple is coming out with a tv, but they key is if they can revolutionalize how we watch tv.

    As for your ? Big earn. I own roughly 1/6,196,000th of the company.


    As for silver, I don't see a path much higher right now. That strong run up where we tested 50 has really affected the market. Margins were a part of it but a Lot of people got burned buying silver in the 40s. I certainly don't see silver as cheap right now. It has a floor around $20. It's just very hard to peg because that last big move was purely speculative. In other words I don't know. I told Dyzalot yesterday. 60 percent chance its higher in 5 years, 40 percent chance it's lower. But the swings could be vicious either way


    So you have about 150 shares putting the value at around 75k, very nice.
    Edited By: TheBigEarn Feb 11th, 2012 at 02:30 AM
  6. I'm like that teacher in school that tricks you into studying

    :)

    If I could have invested the wife's 401k I'd probably have a few hundred more shares.
    Edited By: dolphin13 Feb 11th, 2012 at 02:35 AM
    Thread Starter
  7. Its Sunday and while the markets are closed, it's going to be a pretty big day for Greece. They are in a situation where they are damned if they do and damn if they don't.

    I think they vote to pass and the market returns back to green come Monday morning. This of course is all speculation on my part but I just dont see how they dont pass this vote.
  8. shit's getting ugly over there now - riots and fires in the streets. Difficult day for greek politicians.
  9. Yeah I see they burned down a Starbucks and Im sitting here saying.. really? Burning down that Starbucks does what other than increase unemployment?

    It pisses me off when protesters attack innocent businesses by destroying the business that had nothing to do with the current problems.
  10. And this is happening before the vote. I'd hate to be there after the vote.
  11. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...ity-plans.html

    burnnnnn all the mcds and olive gardens athenians!
  12. Well, Greece is out of the way (for now anyways), next up, Italy and then that's when shit is going to get real for Europe.
  13. Up 12 more % on my AAPL call. Let's gooooo
  14. Oct. 18, 2011
     
    Originally Posted by dolphin13

    Buy Apple stock. Watch it go to 500. Used proceeds to buy next iPhone and pay your cell bill for a few months

     
    Originally Posted by The Precedent

    Shares of Apple fell 7 percent in extended trading on Tuesday, wiping some $27 billion off the value of the world's largest technology company.

     
    Originally Posted by dolphin13

    Oh it's still going to 500. In fact you're getting a great buying opportunity if you didn't yet buy. You can buy a stock that's going to 500 for 395 instead of buying it at 422.

    Edited By: dolphin13 Feb 13th, 2012 at 05:19 PM
    Thread Starter
  15. you guys have had a great run and momentum is on your side ... just be careful of the ...

  16. iPad3

    iPhone5


    iTV tho
    Edited By: dolphin13 Feb 13th, 2012 at 05:40 PM
    Thread Starter
  17. Dolphin, (or anyone for that matter) do you have a trailing stop on AAPL? Where is it if so? Feels like there has to be a pullback at some point. Would like to protect gains and be able to rebuy after the dip

    AAPL currently has an RSI of 85. Considered overbought at 70
  18.  
    Originally Posted by Zien50 View Post

    Dolphin, (or anyone for that matter) do you have a trailing stop on AAPL? Where is it if so? Feels like there has to be a pullback at some point. Would like to protect gains and be able to rebuy after the dip


    Nah. F that shit. The only time I almost sold apple was before the third quarter results. I really felt earnings were going to disappoint because there was no new product in the fourth quarter and there was an imminent release of iPhone4s which kept iphone4 sales down. Apple is usually good about product cycles. They were releasing iPads late march and iPhones late June so you have quarter 1, 2 and 3 covered really well. Then 4th q takes care of itself even with no new product. That cycle changed last year with iPhone being moved to Oct. so the weak 3rd q was made up for by a monster gigantic 4th q that would make Eli Manning jealous. Will be interesting to see how things get released this year.

    I expect ipad3 late March and then either iphone5/6 or iTV end of June followed by the other one late Oct. I wouldn't worry if there is a retracement to 480 or anything. Just hold and forget about it till I tell you to sell ;)
    Edited By: dolphin13 Feb 13th, 2012 at 08:55 PM
    Thread Starter
  19. My buddy says AAPL is going back to 440 or so. I disagree. I think it might fall a little but I have 30+ shares and I am not selling.

    Dumped my TVIX today @ 16.40 when it hit the stoplimit. Took a nice profit there but it could have been better if I wasn't greedy and took the big gain on Friday.
  20. Let's keep this party moving.

    Don't think we see a pullback till 525 or so
  21. Out of my 350 shares of TVIX at 18.50
  22. Fucking market is ridiculous. Retail sales werent that great but oh.. Greece has a LOI (letter of intent) to hand over that they are going to follow the strict austerity rules so they can get bailout money.

    When are people going to realize Greece can't be saved and to get this shit over with?
  23. Welp my AAPL call is looking good. Up 25% today. How y'all doing?
  24. based on the market activity, it looks like we want a correction - one would have thought with the situation in Greece getting settled and talk of China offering support, plus positive news in USA numbers, we would be making another move up - but we're not. Maybe just a pause b/c we've run so good since mid December.
  25. Here comes the dip I think. No resistance till about 490. Gotta survive this one
  26. I don't get it. You guys 'feel' and 'think' aapl is reversing. why don;t you sell and buy at a lower price? or do you guys have no idea what you are doing?
  27.  
    Originally Posted by Unforseen View Post

    I don't get it. You guys 'feel' and 'think' aapl is reversing. why don;t you sell and buy at a lower price? or do you guys have no idea what you are doing?

    ?
    Thread Starter
  28.  
    Originally Posted by dolphin13 View Post

    ?

    Zien, BigEarn is also good at doing this (with other stocks)....

    not you reincarnation of steve jobs.

    BTW I own apple in of my funds, and I think that this stock is not going to retract anytime soon.
  29. I'm at work and can't really day trade. Only watch here and there. Plus I'm still learning do have been hesitant to make quick moves

    I will be buying more shares when the dip is over though

    Crazy how AAPL affecting other stocks. Look at QQQ and AMZN

     
    Originally Posted by Zien50 View Post

    Let's keep this party moving.

    Don't think we see a pullback till 525 or so

    You are right, should listen to myself
  30. Zynga getting blown up today.

Similar Threads