[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. The American club on the verge of a big upset. They are leading 1-0 at the 66 minute mark. On ESPN2 right now if you care.
  2. hockey?
  3. Went downstairs to take a piss, and obv thats when we scored.

I feel like it always happens that way with soccer. I wanted to head down to the beach to go running, but now ill wait till this is over.
  4. Gooooooooooo!
    Originally Posted by Jaybone2315 View Post

Went downstairs to take a piss, and obv thats when we scored.

I feel like it always happens that way with soccer. I wanted to head down to the beach to go running, but now ill wait till this is over.

I went to make a sandwich when they scored... took all of 3 minutes... I feel ya
  6. Clint Dempsey is my fav US player
    France also beating Germany lol
  7. I was watching something off the dvr but had espn2 as my last channel on so I was able to rewind it and relive the moment. hollllld
  8. wooohoooooo
  9. Wooooooot! First time ever! Good job USA!
  10. Ship.

Seems like such false hope for the future lol.
  11. Missed it cause I was at work. But a win in Italy is big fuckin deal! GG
  12. I think coach K is starting to get the hang of the US team -- they're not really equipped to play a flowing style, but they looked really organized in defense tonight.

13. Not trying to be a dick, but did this game even mean anything? Was it a friendly or was it to like get to the world cup...fwiw I only watch soccer during the world cup and even then it's only a few games maybe
    Edited By: tamayo85 Feb 29th, 2012 at 09:56 PM
  14. At about the 48th minute had to go do laundry and was so expecting a goal to be scored in the 3 minutes I was gone, but got lucky and saw the goal. Great win, and felt like we played really well too.

Originally Posted by tamayo85 View Post

Not trying to be a dick, but did this game even mean anything? Was it a friendly or was it to like get to the world cup...fwiw I only watch soccer during the world cup and even then it's only a few games maybe

It was a friendly, but both countries put out a strong team.
  15. Dempsey is the man and that was a great holdup by Altidore. Bradley also had a very solid game.

Def not the style Klinsmann had in mind when taking the job. More of an classic American style game but it's nice to finally get a solid result.
    Originally Posted by tamayo85 View Post

Not trying to be a dick, but did this game even mean anything? Was it a friendly or was it to like get to the world cup...fwiw I only watch soccer during the world cup and even then it's only a few games maybe

It was a friendly but it isn't like they aren't trying to win just as hard as any other time. I also believe I heard the anouncers say that it is the first time an Italian club has lost in Genoa, ever.
  17. Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  18. dont tread on my dog dempsey... i played with altidore when I was 16
  19. I watched it in a bar by myself. I survived :)

20. absurd that we didn't let in a goal (pretty lucky in that regard). great result tho.
  21. oh wow, the match was in Italy? that's pretty fucking sick, friendly or not

hopefully USA can make some noise in the next cup!
  22. England v Netherlands was a good match as well

England v Netherlands was a fun match as well

23. England v Netherlands was a cool match as well
  24. haha, i was posting from phone in bar on spotty connection

england v netherlands was a rad match as well

25. F those dirty italians! USA! USA!
  26. Team is so damn exciting. That was a great goal. Prolly will have to watch that game a few times

27. solid performance. great that they beat the italians for the first time ever.
  28. good win by usa...only caught the second half...fairly ugly game though...definitely a usa style win..but thats fine w me

its pretty crazy to see how much better teams play in the world cup, compared to friendlies...and it has nothing to do with effort, but just the more practice leading up to the WC...italy looked like they had never played together before today...watching two good club teams then that game today is just so different

usa is a dangerous team though
  29. Dempsey looked good in white sleeves...

30. Having a job is the suck. Good job usa.