[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. I have to write a pretty serious letter. It says that the letter must be "in writing".

Does this mean that I have to handwrite it?
    Add abower1185 to Rail
  2. yes.

edit: i just asked pluv what he thought "in writing" meant and he said just a printed out computer copy with a signature...so i guess it depends on the person.
    Add MissBecky to Rail
  3. I think typing should suffice
    Add shlackass to Rail
  4. wow that sucks. You think I should write it in cursive? My manuscript looks pretty shitty.
    Thread StarterAdd abower1185 to Rail
    Originally Posted by shlackass View Post

I think typing should suffice

beki's opinion prevails....

you think pencil will be alright? I really don't wanna get half way done and then fuck it all up
  6. cursive should be fine...as long as it is legible. i would use pen.
    Add MissBecky to Rail
    Originally Posted by abower1185 View Post

beki's opinion prevails....

you think pencil will be alright? I really don't wanna get half way done and then fuck it all up

good call going w/ beki imo
    Add shlackass to Rail
  8. draft it on a computer, then write it out by hand ldo

edit: I'm curious what sort of a letter is required to be handwritten tho...obv thank you notes and the like but those don't typically come with demands
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail
  9. photocopy of your ass usually works in a pinch
    Add Mr Galt to Rail
  10. In writing does not mean hand written
    Add warden to Rail

wow that sucks. You think I should write it in cursive? My manuscript looks pretty shitty.

cursive with a crayola imo
    Add feedthemfish to Rail
  12. this means it needs to be in Latin script, as such:

After you prepare it, you should take it to a monk for review.
    Add resilient to Rail
    Originally Posted by dpottz View Post

In writing does not mean hand written

i always thought it did. maybe he can print it out and just sign it? i guess it depends on the circumstance...is it a personal letter? or is it business related?
    Add MissBecky to Rail
  14. You can type it. Just print it out and obv handwrite your signature.
    Add aupoker1 to Rail
  15. I always thought in writing means it should be typed and signed, like "Johnson, I want your resignation in writing on my desk by the end of the day".

Add GambleAB to Rail
  16. Hilarious OP! It does not mean you have to write it in hand. My boss would always say, "I need that in writing." When talking about a verbal commitment from a client / prospect. So an email would suffice! I never got someone to write me a hand written letter. This is 2010 FFS!
    Add CrownMyCoke to Rail
    Originally Posted by GambleAB View Post

I always thought in writing means it should be typed and signed, like "Johnson, I want your resignation in writing on my desk by the end of the day".

correct
    Add resilient to Rail
  18. you should type it with a computer and then sign it with a pen, imo.
    Add TheAlbatross to Rail
    Originally Posted by Lord Supremo View Post

draft it on a computer, then write it out by hand ldo

edit: I'm curious what sort of a letter is required to be handwritten tho...obv thank you notes and the like but those don't typically come with demands

It's a letter to the dean of my college. I signed up for an intersession class but dropped it after the first day. I knew I was going to miss three days during the "semester", and the teacher told me that I would miss too much to pass the class. I went and dropped it, but I'm still being charged. So I have to write a letter to him requesting a refund.
    Originally Posted by TheAlbatross View Post

you should type it with a computer and then sign it... with a pen, imo.

Yea I decided to go with this option after googling it. I attempted half of it in cursive writing and then felt like i was in 4th grade again.
  21. mmk yeah, I see no reason why that would need to be handwritten. Listen to res/GambleAB/etc
    Add Lord Supremo to Rail

Yea I decided to go with this option after googling it. I attempted half of it in cursive writing and then felt like i was in 4th grade again.

LOOOL...so true...i always feel like i'm back in grade school when i write in cursive....my handwriting is the WORST.
    Add MissBecky to Rail
  23. I say it means "on paper". Not verbal, not electronic.

Oh and signed of course.
    Add Forests to Rail
  24. OMG! What did you do?
    Add OldGrowth to Rail

It's a letter to the dean of my college. I signed up for an intersession class but dropped it after the first day. I knew I was going to miss three days during the "semester", and the teacher told me that I would miss too much to pass the class. I went and dropped it, but I'm still being charged. So I have to write a letter to him requesting a refund.

sounds pretty serious
    Add Glo4m to Rail
    Originally Posted by dpottz View Post

In writing does not mean hand written

Agreed. In writing means "not verbal".
    Add saxman to Rail
  27. no no no ... it means it must be hand written, printed not cursive. In triplicate. Maybe make 4 copies just to be safe. good luck.

Add MadProfesor to Rail
  28. According to this, it means literally everything with words in it.

In Writing

You can probably get by with typing out a letter and signing it. In fact, that's probably what he's expecting. But, I will say that for this situation, actually writing out a letter, you know, with pen/paper and signing it, will give it a much more personal feel.

Just sayin'...
    Add aj_law to Rail
  30. Sweet Jesus.
    Add Underdog to Rail